Hostel and Guesthouse in Bangkok 9
This's the information all about accommodation in Bangkok.
Accommodation on Khaosan road
Keep in mind that anything on the main drag will be loud, and anything with exterior windows will get hot. Try walking a block or two off Khao San proper to find something a little quieter. The street past the police station end of the block (Soi Rambuttri) has reasonable little bars and restaurants that are starting to spill out onto the sidewalk. The road gets darker and quieter as it wraps around the wat (temple) grounds. The post office end also has a few original spots - including a great veggie restaurant and cooking school; the area just beyond the park has a number of small river-front guesthouses which can be an escape from the noise and chaos.
* Bella Bella Five minute walk from K.S. Guest House and ten from Khao San, near the river. Very clean and new with rooms starting at 200 baht. Internet access, food and beer.
* Central Guest House Soi Bowanlungsri, off Khao San Road, Basic rooms, free Internet access, Phone 02-2820667, rooms from 100 baht (single w/o window).
* Green Guesthouse right next to New Merry V Guesthouse, with prices for rooms starting from 150 baht.
* K.S. House Guest House 133 Phrasumen Road +66 2 629-1763. 50+ rooms, from 290 baht. Restaurant/café with great food set on the roof top. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public spaces. Breakfast not included even though the website says so. Very friendly staff. 5 minutes walk from Khao San Road.
* My House Guest House has clean rooms and good food; singles from around 180 baht.
* New Joe Guest House 81 Trokmayom Charakpongse Rd. +66 2 2812948 http://www.newjoeguesthouse.com
. Rooms starting at 300 baht a night. Has a restaurant/café with great food set in the garden. Also offers internet, and a bar at good value for money.
* New Merry V is a good low budget option. Clean rooms with window start from 180 baht (singles w/o window from 140 baht). You can leave your luggage for 10 baht/item/ per day.
* New Siam Guest House 21 Soi Chanasongkram, +66 281 7461,  is just enough off the main drag to be quiet. They advertise having the largest rooms for the price, and they do seem that way. Clean and well maintained with friendly staff and safe boxes in some rooms and lockers downstairs. The restaurant menu is basic and the food none too exciting. 220-570 baht.
* Prakorb's House 52 Khao San Road. Tel: +66 2 281-1345 - An old guest house with simple but clean rooms.
* Rambuttri Village Inn (95 Soi Ram Buttri, Chakkra Phong Road, Phra Nakorn, Bangkok; tel. 66 2-282-9162) . Five compact buildings of squeaky-clean rooms - and yes, it is true that they clean between the tiles with a toothbrush. In theory, the most basic fan rooms are only 290 baht, but these never seem to be available; 400-590 baht deluxe fan or air-con rooms are more common, with 1000 baht refundable deposit. Left luggage is 20 baht per day. The two rooftop pools are a great bonus. (If you can choose, the pool on top of building 'E' is the better of the two.) The only drawback is having to walk through a gauntlet of two irritating tailor shops to reach reception.
* Sawasdee Krunthep Inn. Samll & Cozy located in Soi Rambutri. Quite, clean and good service. Price from 520-1200 baht.
* Sawasdee Smile Inn. Unique colonial architecture, more 100 rooms available, price start from 350 Baht.
* Siam Oriental Inn, +66 2 629-0312  has nice, clean and quiet rooms (both fan and air-con), all with private bathroom, plus a lively restaurant and a quiet internet café and photo-processing facilities. From 280 baht.
* Star Dome Inn. Three minute walk from Khaosan Road, located on Rambuttri road.
* Wally's House is very basic with little facilities that are shared, but for the traveler on a very tight budget, it's ideal. Twin rooms for just 180 baht, and internet access for 30 baht/hour.
* Welcome Sawasdee Inn. Welcome Sawasdee Inn is located in Soi Rong Mai, off Soi Rambutri, only 5 minutes walk away to national Museum and Fairy. Price start from 280 Baht per night to 700 Baht depending on your budget and room types. Clean, quiet, and comfortable.
There are several better class hotels in the area, with swimming pools, minibars, etc. The better one is the Royal Hotel, while the Vieng Tai is also a popular choice.
* Buddy Lodge, tel +66 -26294477, . Right on the main road, prices from 1600-2500 baht.
* The Four Inn, tel +66 -22800601, .
* D&D Inn, tel+66 -62905268 . A huge (by KSR standards) hotel with a roof-top swimming pool, massage facilities, and a very clean and efficient 24 hour internet café. All rooms have attached bathrooms, air-con and TV; rates include breakfast and use of the pool. Singles 550/450 baht (with/without window), doubles and twins 750 baht, triples (one double and one single) 1000 baht, family/VIP 1,350 baht. NB: This hotel is not convienient for travelers arriving early in the morning as they do not allow check-in until after 1PM.
* Khao San Palace - A large new guest house, be aware that rooms overlooking Khao San are noisy at night.
* Banglumpoo Place - A friendly place located at the main road in the center of the capital of Bangkok. The apartment-style rooms are situated a walking distance from Khao San Road (only 5 minutes). Banglumpoo Place is a great alternative to the hustle and bustle on the strip. A great guest house near Khao San Road, well worth checking out. Double standarad room 500 - 750 Baht/ night. All are private bathroom with bath tub, hot shower.
* Rikka Inn - New hotel on Khao San with basic modern-style rooms, 800 baht gets a double room with A/C and en-suite but not much more. 1000 baht deposit. Swimming pool on roof is an attraction, but only open from 10am. Small and large safe deposit boxes available at 20/40 baht per day.
* Sawasdee Bangkok Inn. Unique colonial architecture and the charm of the old Siam. Prices from 520-1200 baht.
* Sawasdee Banglumpoo Inn. Thai-style accommodation and a carefully decorated lobby/restaurant area. Prices from 620-750 baht.
* Sawasdee Khaosan Inn. Located right at where Airport Bus AE2 stop. Prices from 680-1200 baht.
* Thai cozy house +66 -26295870-4 . Family run guesthouse with restaurant which also provides a travel agent, tailor shop, Internet, massage & spa services.