English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131
Page 1.5 of 42 |  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›

valid - 05/09/2009 04:21 AM

bayar habis berapa gan ikut test ielts di indonesia?
180+25$ berlaku u semua kota ya ( jogja t'msk ga?

ada yg kasih paket les preparation sekalian ngga?
ky british council gitu, biar lbh familier sm interviewer.

berguna u speaking ktnya bs naikin score kan.
oment - 05/09/2009 01:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By valid
bayar habis berapa gan ikut test ielts di indonesia?
180+25$ berlaku u semua kota ya ( jogja t'msk ga?

ada yg kasih paket les preparation sekalian ngga?
ky british council gitu, biar lbh familier sm interviewer.

berguna u speaking ktnya bs naikin score kan.

you supposed to use english bro..
costs between cities are almost the same...
i took a preparation class at TBI, it really improves my writing, although i still have many problems in reading and speaking...

it is important to take a class before the actual test, obviously you don't want to throw away your money for bad ielts score, don't you?
Sforzando - 05/09/2009 06:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By delazio
May i know who was your inteviewer?

was he / she Indonesian or foreigner?

Thanks ^^

She is a foreigner from Ausie probably. I forgot her name. haha.. Difficult to remember and at that time, I did not listen carefully when she mentioned her name. lol
valid - 06/09/2009 01:28 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By oment

sorry gan, thanks for reply
valid - 06/09/2009 01:34 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Sforzando
Well, I took a private course 30 hours at Future.
I think, you can still learn it by yourself, because during private course, they give you the module and let you do and complete it by yourself. At the first or second meeting they will introduce you to the materials of IELTS, after that, you do alot of moduls. But I think, you can learn it by yourself, the most important is that you need self-discipline.
Hehe.

what kind of prep available?
can you tell me package&cost?
blessingenglish - 08/10/2009 12:36 AM
PREPARATION IELTS AND TOEFL iBT
Quote:
Original Posted By valid
what kind of prep available?
can you tell me package&cost?

Hai bro, anda mau yang private atau class study?
kalau mau yang private silahkan kontak kami di http://blessing-english.com/
frank20251 - 08/10/2009 06:19 AM

Just sharing, the test is a nightmare, fufufu... very difficult..
I failed in speaking, whereas I spoke fluently already. The problem is the grammar, huhuhu I hate grammar...

My topic in speaking test is describe about my house. At the second part, I need to talk about where is the best house i ever been, and describe with details.
The third part is about urban housing development, and how the government plays the role in current situation..

The most difficult part, I think, is reading... My topic at that time is about avalanche, lie detector and business manager...

On listening part, i think nervous will affect to our exam. first time i realized, what I focus was not the recording, but my heart beating.. Fufufu... Maybe this is my first time to take up the test, hope next time will be better (if I will take it again)....

i got 6 overall, I expected to get 6.5... Will take up the test back next time, Keep Fighting!!!

Good luck for the exam, guys...
shiratori - 08/10/2009 07:50 PM

Quote:
I got overall score 7.

Listening 7, reading 7.5, writing 6 (~_~), speaking 7.

The night before the exam, I cannot sleep!!! Nervous syndrome.
When I first entered the room, my heart beat so fast (dag dig dug), my back ache also (encok keknya), but listening section was pretty good (I realized one mistake after I went home, I wrote writen instead of written!!! argh..)

Reading, good enough, 1st passage about food (seaweed, agar, etc), I love food, so I really enjoyed it. 3rd passage a little bit confusing (always, 1st passage is the easiest, 2nd is intermediate, 3rd is hard).

Writing, hm... my teacher said that I should use some sophisticated words (not common daily words). I have used it quite a lot, use amend instead of improve, interact (communicate), etc. Actually on the last day, I used word web thesaurus to find the synonyms of some simple words and choose a new words (sophisticated one) lol. But still, I only got 6 in this section. I am not very good at writing, last semester, in my academic writing class I got only B+ (while my friends got A or A- )

Speaking. My partner was a slim, tall, old Australian lady. She reminds me of Aunt Petunia in Harry Potter movie, and she is so kind and funny.
We talked about food (again), and historical places.
The conversation is recorded and she or other corrector can realize more mistakes from me!!!! I think I talked too fast and *ceplas ceplos*. No need time to think, just said whatever across my brain at that time. But I got 7. Happyy..

haha..
overall, I satisfied enough with my result.
Wish a good luck for those who are going to take the test soon.

May I ask you, brother? Do you need 7 for your PR application?
You are pretty good to get 7 in speaking. I don't believe that your got only 6 for your writing while I think that your writing is already very good
AlphaZen - 11/10/2009 10:57 AM

Wow, 7 is a good mark for IELTS I think,
you only need to improve your academic writing skill.
Maybe your grammar is good for writing ; but writing is not only a grammar, writing need another skill that you must learn like structure of writing, transition between paragraph, transition between sentence, structure in paragraph, and many more.
I recommend you to buy or search (on internet) books that talk about academic writing.
bikimbing - 16/10/2009 12:08 AM

hello all oh my god, hard enough to get 7 i guess, i just need 6.5 to fulfill the requirement to study abroad. im going to take the test 2 weeks later, wish me luck brother
AlphaZen - 18/10/2009 05:26 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By bikimbing
hello all oh my god, hard enough to get 7 i guess, i just need 6.5 to fulfill the requirement to study abroad. im going to take the test 2 weeks later, wish me luck brother

yes, i agree, 7 is a good mark for IELTS, for example, if you are senior high school graduates, and you want to study at Australia, you only need 5.5 IELTS to meet the requirement to study at every foundation in Australia.
Sforzando - 22/11/2009 10:31 AM

I took IELTS test for an exchange programme from my university now.
After going through applications selection and interview, I passed!!!
horayyy!!! If I failed, I think I've been wasting my time and money for IELTS test. but fortunately, I got the exchange programme scholarship!!! hoho

Next February I am going to oz, even though only for 1 semester (about 4-5 months), but I am very happy! For the first time, leaving Indonesia and my family for a long time. New adventure!! Waw, excited. haha

I searched from the internet, in australian university, we have to write lots of papers, assignments, etcetc. In English!!! academic writing..... I have to study and gain that skill. hahaha..
GoodLuck for all of u who are going to take the test!!!!!! Fighting!
beteque - 03/12/2009 02:14 PM

I also want to take IELTS test in 2 weeks. I'm targeting score 7. Is it needed to take a prep course before i take the actual test?and how much the cost?maybe you can suggest the best. Thanks
Preferiti - 03/12/2009 02:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By beteque
I also want to take IELTS test in 2 weeks. I'm targeting score 7. Is it needed to take a prep course before i take the actual test?and how much the cost?maybe you can suggest the best. Thanks

It really depends on you. If you're confident with your skill then there is no need to take the preparation course.
beteque - 04/12/2009 09:40 AM

I do think so..In my opinion take prep course just wasting time and money because its really depends on myself..Hope for the best..
tagaba - 07/12/2009 08:33 PM

Quote:
Guys, this Saturday I am going to take my first IELTS test in Kuningan. I have took ielts preparation private course to help me gain my target (target = 7).
Yesterday, I took some kind a IELTS simulation, I got 6.5 for listening, 7 for reading, 5.5 for writing and 6 for speaking.

Any advice on how to improve my mark, especially in writing and speaking.
I asked my teacher, and he said that my writing lacks of sophisticated word (not the one which like an academic writing), and needs more linking words. Somehow, when I write something in English (like now), those sophisticated words do not come out.

Also how to get good mark in speaking ( it will be recorded, and I think if I talk to much, I will make more mistakes. But if I just only talk a little, I lose my mark).
The problem is grammar! --_--

Thanks before.

Well
I'm an 11th grader, wanting to proceed my study abroad; later when I graduate from senior high

this topic appears appealing to me, whereas me myself is currently taking prep courses for SAT, It's the abbreviation for Scholastic Aptitude Test FYI
Well, it may seem irrelevant to you that I'm talking about SAT here, but both test do have a thing in common, and that is the writing section
After a thorough read
I see that you have problems in the stated section
Well, my guess is that you think too much when it comes to writing
try to relax your mind and start brainstorm your head
It may take some practices, but when you master it, then it's going to be easy as pie!
coz, believe it or not, you know more words than you might think, you just need time to dig deeper to your mind in order to pop out the needed words
To make it even easier, try to seek references from the internet
there are tons of academic writing samples on the internet

And last
tests like this are not always about skills, luck plays a great role too
so!!!!!!!!!! break a leg!
blessingenglish - 08/12/2009 07:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By beteque
I do think so..In my opinion take prep course just wasting time and money because its really depends on myself..Hope for the best..

Sorry bro, you are wrong, taking course is not wasting time and money, they give simulation tests. Have you known IELTS before? If yes, never mind. If no, that is wasting time and money. Afew pass the test without preparation, but alot do not. Even thousands have to take many times. If you need some information contact us http://blessing-english.com/
thank you
tagaba - 10/12/2009 05:52 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By blessingenglish
Sorry bro, you are wrong, taking course is not wasting time and money, they give simulation tests. Have you known IELTS before? If yes, never mind. If no, that is wasting time and money. Afew pass the test without preparation, but alot do not. Even thousands have to take many times. If you need some information contact us http://blessing-english.com/
thank you

Absolutely true
why?
IELTS has some sections which require you to comprehend the language even further than regular English
And trust me
It's not a waste of money
aficionados - 12/12/2009 06:05 PM

Hi all
Is there another IELTS prep course in Surabaya besides IALF???
Just want to look for choices...
Thanks a bunch
xzibit - 25/12/2009 12:01 AM

what are the tips for good speaking score? i found that my speaking is still unconvincing

anyway, i scored 7,5 on both reading and listening simulation test during my english course, but the time had run out before i started the writing and speaking section.
Page 1.5 of 42 |  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]