English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 10 of 42 | ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >  Last ›

vamos - 02/12/2010 04:45 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
Hhmmm... I just realized about that. Lemme check the links again D
Yup, okay. Thanks for letting me know beer:

I guess the links are okay. Are you sure you have deleted the symbol '*' on the address?? D

yes I have and all of the links mentioned the same issues and it's not the matter of "*" symbol, for example,
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
KLanese - 03/12/2010 09:38 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Loggingin
i don't know whether or not the passed the test since i resigned before the class finished--my contract ended before i finished that class n i wasn't going to renew, so i resigned.. hehe..
my colleague replaced me then..

well, u just have to practice a lot so u'll be familiar w/ it..

some people told me that speaking section in ielts is easier (than ibt) since it's more human.. we don't talk to computer in ielts, so we still could get the responses from the interviewer..n in some way, responses help a lot..

for writing, please practice a lot..if i'm not mistaken, u have to write 2 topics..one is table, diagram, bars, etc..the other will be about opinion or so..u could learn from the book so u could use the terms appropriately..

emm, give me space recalling another tips..it's been quite long time..

Are u going to take either ielts or ibt?

well, I have taken them both D
However, IMO, iBT is much more challenging than IELTS. (moreover the price is cheaper). I prefer have the MCQ format to essay one for my handwriting is not so tidy and sometimes hard to be read by others (except my parents) ngakak

Quote:
Original Posted By vamos
yes I have and all of the links mentioned the same issues and it's not the matter of "*" symbol, for example,
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Mmm... you're right about this bro vamos. I didn't try them thoroughly. hope we can get another correct links as soon as possible. shakehand
Loggingin - 03/12/2010 01:00 PM

Quote:
well, I have taken them both D
However, IMO, iBT is much more challenging than IELTS. (moreover the price is cheaper). I prefer have the MCQ format to essay one for my handwriting is not so tidy and sometimes hard to be read by others (except my parents) ngakak

wow, u have already taken them both. how lucky u are..
actually, i plan to apply for scholarship in order to be able to try them. they both are too expensive for me..malu:
however, i don't think to do it in near future since i still have to develop my English..i think mine is still poor since i prefer receptive skills than the productive ones..*sigh malu:
rahan - 03/12/2010 03:12 PM

Quote:
wow, u have already taken them both. how lucky u are..
actually, i plan to apply for scholarship in order to be able to try them. they both are too expensive for me..malu:
however, i don't think to do it in near future since i still have to develop my English..i think mine is still poor since i prefer receptive skills than the productive ones..*sigh malu:

you didn't bother to reply my comment in the previous page, how sad is that for me.
sigh ...

good luck for u then ...
KLanese - 03/12/2010 04:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
you didn't bother to reply my comment in the previous page, how sad is that for me.
sigh ...

good luck for u then ...

Hahahahaha... cool down bro rahan. Which part of your reply that needs comments? I'll do it for you D
Loggingin - 04/12/2010 08:57 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
Loggingin, please let us know whether your student had taken a pre-test before he studied with you at that time. Currently, I am working as an IELTS/TOEFL Private tutor. AFAIK, in this business, we are heading direct competition with International Institution such as IALF, EF, Wallstreet.

It is a common procedure for IELTS Prep Candidate to undergo a pre-test so that the institution know candidate's ability which is reflected as Candidate Entry Level.

It means they only guarantee 0.5 point of improvement after studying 50hours or so.

It's neither a burden nor a mess, the most important thing is that now you have had the experience of teaching IELTS. Congratulations. You should learn the IBT and give a try teaching it for another fellow. I believe that when we are teaching someone else, we are learning at the same time.

Thanks for sharing. Comment anyone?
ilovekaskusiloveindonesia

omg, i'm so sorry bro rahan..i missed ur comment.. :sorry

yes, i remember giving them pre-test before the course..n the scores were pitiful..they had no idea what ielts was n they thought it was similar to toefl. so they were surprised when they had to fill in the blanks with words and had to have the speaking and writing test..

i can't agree more with ur comment. i learnt many new things while i was teaching. sadly, i'm not teaching anymore since i found another job which is totally in different field..
i eager to learn ibt, but i guess i'm too busy this time..

Quote:
Hahahahaha... cool down bro rahan. Which part of your reply that needs comments? I'll do it for you D

thank u for trying to comment (read: help me).. i feel terrible missing one's comment.. \(
rahan - 04/12/2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

hihihi ... \) .. i just put some act back then, I ain't disappointed at all. Honestly, I laughed my self when I wrote that post ... KASKUS is surely a fun place ... Like it a lot :thumbup

Quote:
omg, i'm so sorry bro rahan..i missed ur comment.. :sorry

yes, i remember giving them pre-test before the course..n the scores were pitiful..they had no idea what ielts was n they thought it was similar to toefl. so they were surprised when they had to fill in the blanks with words and had to have the speaking and writing test..

i can't agree more with ur comment. i learnt many new things while i was teaching. sadly, i'm not teaching anymore since i found another job which is totally in different field..
i eager to learn ibt, but i guess i'm too busy this time..

thank u for trying to comment (read: help me).. i feel terrible missing one's comment.. \(

It's okay brother ... ilovekaskus .. no matter what job you have now, English will offer you a lot of funtastic moment for sure... shakehand2
vickfight - 04/12/2010 10:43 PM

yes,,,,it's very necessaryilovekaskusilovekaskus
KLanese - 13/12/2010 04:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By vickfight
yes,,,,it's very necessaryilovekaskusilovekaskus

indeed brada beer:
josephagung - 17/12/2010 01:45 PM

do you have some programs (freeware) for toefl ibt?
rahan - 20/12/2010 03:07 PM
FREEWARE? don't think so
arifn - 21/12/2010 10:32 PM

AlphaZen - 26/12/2010 10:29 AM

Wow this info extremely useful..
I am preparing IELTS right now because in half a year again I will go to Australia.
shootingsonic - 27/12/2010 05:37 PM

i have a question
what is the difference between toefl and ielts (or maybe some similar test)?
i am not asking about test format, scoring method, etc
i mean, why take toefl and not ielts? (vice versa)
is there any institution that accept one of them but reject the other one?

as for me i prefer toefl, reason:
1. cheaper ($165 compared to ielts $190)
2. easier (i think), since my first toefl score is 510 while my first ielts score is 4, and many university want toefl 550 and ielts 6
shootingsonic - 27/12/2010 05:39 PM

dopost
sorry
rahan - 28/12/2010 08:28 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By shootingsonic
i have a question
what is the difference between toefl and ielts (or maybe some similar test)?
i am not asking about test format, scoring method, etc
i mean, why take toefl and not ielts? (vice versa)
is there any institution that accept one of them but reject the other one?

as for me i prefer toefl, reason:
1. cheaper ($165 compared to ielts $190)
2. easier (i think), since my first toefl score is 510 while my first ielts score is 4, and many university want toefl 550 and ielts 6

in my imagination, hehehe, some UNIVERSITY or OFFICE or taking DOCTORAL PROGRAM in UGM may require TOEFL. IBT for International. ITP for Domestic Purpose.

IELTS is for ADS (postgrad scholarships application) or if you want to study in Australia.

AMINEF or FULBRIGHT or other AMERICAN UNIVERSITY Scholarship usually requires TOEFL IBT and GRE..

They are easy if you're well-prepared. They are difficult if you're not well prepared...
KLanese - 03/01/2011 11:44 AM

thanks a lot bro rahan for the useful replies. Sorry, I was 2 week away for Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys!! beer:
rahan - 07/01/2011 03:59 PM

Quote:
thanks a lot bro rahan for the useful replies. Sorry, I was 2 week away for Christmas holiday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys!! beer:

bro Klanese ,,, your welcome .. I wanna share somethin here .. in my opinion (based on my general observation), some people attempt to take IELTS or TOEFL without having some preparation first. They didn't get the score that they need. Later on, they tried to take a prep program, and said, "But, I must get my score two months from now the latest, because in month bla bla bla is the deadline for my bla bla bla ..."

Has this phenomenon been discussed before in this thread?

As a tutor, I perceived there are two kinds of knowledge (competence), GENERAL ENGLISH knowledge, and TEST BASED knowledge...
though one is good at GE knowledge, it doesn't automatically ensure he/she will get an excellent TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT score(s) ...

In my opinion, people should know that these kind of test(s) take time ... Teacher in my opinion is not a magician that can pull trick easily ...
Most of my prospective students (without realising) equals teacher and magician .. D

your observation please .. thank you very much ..
ilovekaskusiloveindonesia

KLanese - 08/01/2011 11:53 AM

Nice share bro rahan. I do agree to certain points that if someone wants to achieve a high score on the international English tests, the preparation won't be such a magical thing that can be simply done within few hours D
L3everlasting - 13/01/2011 05:23 AM
TOEIC Vs TOEFL
Yang mau bahas kekurangan dan kelebihan TOEIC & TOEFL let's start to discus..bingung:hammer
Page 10 of 42 | ‹ First  < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]