English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [ask] british,american,or anything???
Total Views: 1193 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 1 of 2 |  1 2 > 

AToriFaz - 31/12/2011 03:16 PM
[ask] british,american,or anything???
[ASK]....dear...ma bro and sist..
i apologize..if i'm wrong...reposts or about my english...

i have heard that many kinds of english in the world,,,but the most famous english are british and america...
my question is...
-what should i choose between british and america,i wanna get focus in learning english...??
-what do i have to learn english based on which state that i wanna visit??coz i'm indonesian and i have a willing to continue my study to go abroad...like cambridge in aussy or british in england???

i hope bro and sist give me some suggestions,,so i'll get the enlightenment...in english...

CMIIW....iloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesias
qisatria - 01/01/2012 02:28 PM

depend.
language is not about good or bad.
it's all about taste.

now I am asking you,
what kind of English that make you confident to talk?

for me British accent is cool, but I prefer American English because its easier for understand.

about study abroad it is also depend on you.
England is quiet expensive nohope:
a lot of Indonesian student prefer Aussie or American.

But if you choose for a language,
I vote for America, Aussie has a different accent too \)

cmiiw
annemma - 01/01/2012 03:32 PM

Learn whichever English you like better -- it doesn't really matter.
BluesBikers - 01/01/2012 03:51 PM

Both American and british are good, you just have to be consistent in what you're studying. And if you want to study abroad to the country that you mention above, maybe you have to choose British english, because the university was in English and also in British commonwealth countries. So if you want to go there you have to get an IELTS certificate which is the main requirement for studying or learning on those countries.

Sorry my english is irregular, hope my opinion can help you. correct me if there's wrong information. Regards beer:
amel06 - 03/01/2012 06:41 PM

Quote:
-what should i choose between british and america,i wanna get focus in learning english...??

For a beginner, i prefer choose American English than British English because I think, American English (especially for accent) is much easier to understand than British english
nauseavomit - 04/01/2012 10:55 AM

this crap about british vs american accent is trivial, no?

at the end, indonesian will speak with indonesian accent, and that's never a problem, so face it.

just.. be yourself.

and be confident.
Evangeline - 04/01/2012 05:09 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By nauseavomit
this crap about british vs american accent is trivial, no?

at the end, indonesian will speak with indonesian accent, and that's never a problem, so face it.

just.. be yourself.

and be confident.

LOL go easy on humans there fellow gollum D

I think what TS meant is not just about the accent o

although it's not really clear to me but I'd suggest to learn just English without minding the british or american thingie. Not much of a difference either IMO D
apacobaman - 04/01/2012 07:16 PM

i think it depends on the way of speaker talk in his/her country. For indonesian example, most of indonesian use indonesian accent talking english, some of them use javanese accent or balinese accent. LOL. D.

for beginners, it's recommended that u prefer american accent because it's much easier to understand. moreover we often watch hollywood movie rather than british movie though? LOL
AToriFaz - 07/01/2012 03:39 PM

o...thanks for the sugessions...bro and sis...i'll start from the easiest one...\)b
knuttinatoll - 09/01/2012 08:35 AM

Honestly, there aren't many differences between British English and American English. Afterall they're both the same language afterall, different dialect, if I do say so myself.

But I agree with Evangeline there, better just learn English. Both are the same in the end, and eventually you'll notice the differences...eventhough not that many.
royss - 11/01/2012 09:27 PM
american
I love American Simple cendols...... Holywood films teach us everyday
brentie - 14/01/2012 04:00 PM

Apart from its sexiness, British English afaik never uses a 'z' in words such as civilization, optimization, organization, etc.. It uses an 's'. But both English are basically more or less the same.
king_aria - 17/01/2012 01:33 PM

I'll go with american english cos it's a lot of easier to understand and to pronounce. Also, you can speak using this accent to everyone.
alvinxr - 19/01/2012 12:45 AM

British english is more polite and complex than America [ask] british,american,or anything???
0racle - 23/01/2012 08:30 AM

java ngoko bae lah...
Ewinitem - 24/01/2012 09:24 AM

talking about british or american style,,
according to me,, when I talk in english, I don't really know about the different of both,
I think that the most important when we are talkin in english that another one can understand what we say,,,
phaditama - 27/01/2012 06:04 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Evangeline

LOL go easy on humans there fellow gollum D

I think what TS meant is not just about the accent o

although it's not really clear to me but I'd suggest to learn just English without minding the british or american thingie. Not much of a difference either IMO D

I believe the person I quote above has much wisdom stored in his words.

When you are still LEARNING there is no difference between UK/US English. When you have learned the basic and moving out of the intermediate and going in advanced English skills then you will need to be careful on the differences between UK/US English. A loo is a toilet, but so what? You still can say you need to go to the toilet even in London.

Do not let me bore you with the details, and don't worry. Besides, any American and any Englishman will understand whatever English you're speaking anyway.
Z.2701 - 27/01/2012 09:29 PM

I love American accent.. It sounds cool n fresh.. British sounds old (my opinion) Yb
IlhamJozz - 27/01/2012 10:52 PM

it can be anything you want , if you are " capable " only capable in english , you will understand all kind of english accent ..
british accent only change a little way of reading , while america use idiom . it'll be great if you learn both
baguscakti - 28/01/2012 08:18 PM

I prefer American accent, because I think it is quite hard having conversation in british accent, but some of my friends can speak in British. But still, it is based on your confidence in using what kind of accent.
Page 1 of 2 |  1 2 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [ask] british,american,or anything???