English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [ask] british,american,or anything???
Total Views: 1193 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 2 of 2 |  < 1 2

PrincessTatia - 03/02/2012 01:32 PM

My boss at my first company that I work in said that my accent is British. But at my last company, all of us use singish capedes
jsn - 06/02/2012 08:41 PM

Jamaican English , nuff said
dj_xixu - 06/02/2012 10:48 PM

It doesn't really matter what type of accent you go for because whether it's English UK or US, they both have the same grammar and so on. Differences only lie in the spelling where UK English is a little harder than US... and to be honest, i personally consider the british accent to be much harder than that of the US. Why? Dunno.. maybe coz we watch more US movies than British. Meaning we tend to copy the American accent..

anyways.. ganbatte in your studies :addfriends
riekti - 10/02/2012 08:42 PM

On behalf your english improving skill, both are good as well.
yupangestu - 11/02/2012 03:22 PM

I think both of them is fine.

When you want to go abroad, at least you have to know, which accent they use, for cambridge, They prefer british.

But, you can learn American. Actually, when you are in a country you learn they language also.
ch3rubim - 17/02/2012 08:00 AM

American indeed...
Sometimes Singlish when pranking with my friends...
Can lah... Peace:
erixsetiawan - 17/02/2012 09:42 AM

american english is easier, i think D
bocahkadal - 26/02/2012 07:25 PM

i think american english is more easy than British english D
but,it back to your choice Peace:
MrsFrankenstein - 11/03/2012 10:05 PM

my opinion is : if you want to talk in proper english language, learn english british!
english british is where the english language started

one more thing : you defenently want to go to learn english at TBI (the british institute) not at TAI (the american institute) right? heheh just kidding D
bossukses - 13/03/2012 02:46 PM

I think American English is easier to learn than British, because the conversation in movie usually use American English ngakak
coffeehouse - 13/03/2012 04:09 PM

basically, just use the most comfortable language you wanna speak, and either both of 'em, all of 'em are good in any way..
hadapi - 13/03/2012 08:37 PM

i think american english is better for you at first, cause you could learn accent of the british language after that one.
nfika - 17/03/2012 05:16 AM

I guess American English is easier because we may hear it more often and read/hear it often almost everywhere. There are a lot of English (UK) phrases that are said differently might not be as useful in daily regular conversations. For example using the word 'lad' or 'champ' for boy/ describing another individual.
I had to learn it the hard way though.. I studied in British schools but I ended up sounding like American. I'd like to think I have no accent, it's bahasa's accent hehe.. iloveindonesias

Good luck dude :P
Freyaa - 21/03/2012 03:01 PM

British is good but American is easy to understand (i think)
kiyomi93kiyomi - 25/03/2012 11:04 AM

It depends on you. But, if you want to go to study abroad in Australian or Englang, it will be better if you choose to learn the british English one. If you wanna go to America, then try to learn the American English. But, the british English Accent is harder to learn than the American.
xaraya - 02/06/2012 11:07 PM

Wow,,wow,,just stop gans.
Now we're who is the 'best' or 'less' here.
This is what we, as academic professional, as Colonialism English. It is where we consider this English or that English as my preferred accent. All of you would probably see this extreme, but I think we've taken this American vs British has already been personal.
Why should we fuss our way of speaking English with RP or GA*? Don't burden our pronunciation of how should we speak English. Speak what you want to speak, worry not.
As for RP or GA, they can be our term of reference to be used in correct way. Please use your accent, as Indonesian. Speak as RP or GA as the threshold to know what you're English would be.

Warm regards,

Xaraya

*RP (Received Pronunciation/British English)
GA (General American/(North) American English)
Page 2 of 2 |  < 1 2
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [ask] british,american,or anything???