English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 14034 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 3 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

KLanese - 10/03/2012 07:44 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By milorambaldy
Hi Gan,

maybe somebody here can help me, my boss asking me to take IELTS test on march 31 , but i am litle bit not confidence pass this test, but he ok if i'm take the preparation IELTS Lesson,

i need the information about place of courses in Semarang or bandung.

thanks

i guess I have shared some IELTS test centers that perhaps can help you out at the first page gan. try to skim it
rthnsths - 15/03/2012 02:28 PM

hi guys
i really need your help here
i did my 3months-toefl ibt preparation in TBI Bandung in 2009
but i was too scared to take the test, now i eager to take the test for a scholarship. I used Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL test by Deborah Phillips (purple book) and I lost this book when I moved to Jakarta. Yesterday I just bought this book @ Gramedia but I cant find the answer key (not the mini test answer key). I remember when I was in preparation, we looked to the answer key page. Can someone please help me?
thanks
KLanese - 17/03/2012 10:58 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rthnsths
hi guys
i really need your help here
i did my 3months-toefl ibt preparation in TBI Bandung in 2009
but i was too scared to take the test, now i eager to take the test for a scholarship. I used Longman Preparation Course for the TOEFL test by Deborah Phillips (purple book) and I lost this book when I moved to Jakarta. Yesterday I just bought this book @ Gramedia but I cant find the answer key (not the mini test answer key). I remember when I was in preparation, we looked to the answer key page. Can someone please help me?
thanks

this is the longman iBT book isn't this? not the software?
real.simple - 25/03/2012 12:33 AM

sori pake bahasa indo.,...

saya ada deadline kumpulin hasil toefl bulan juni akhir.... 29-30juni
minimal 80 ibt/ ielts 6.0 overalll (writing 5.5)

terus kira 2 saya masih bisa catchup ga kalo ikutan preparation+tesnya bulan2 mei gitu ?

kalo ga keberatan pm saya prosedur en pembayaran2 nya gitu dong ?
thanks before
ENIAC - 25/03/2012 12:40 AM

I got this source from our neighboring forum.
most of them are localized already.
hope it could help.

TOEFL iBT (Ebooks, softwares, and audios)
amesty21 - 25/03/2012 09:34 AM

I personally think that IELTS is easier than TOEFL for this main reason , I'm not good with grammar and don't even have a single clue when I tried to do the question in TOEFL preparation book , but when I took IELTS , I was suprised to find that this test is A LOT easier than TOEFL because it's simplicity and only to test our knowledge on everyday english and not based from the book like test .

So if you think you understand english very well , take IELTS because it isn't as hard as everyone thought .
rahan - 27/03/2012 11:13 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By real.simple
sori pake bahasa indo.,...

saya ada deadline kumpulin hasil toefl bulan juni akhir.... 29-30juni
minimal 80 ibt/ ielts 6.0 overalll (writing 5.5)

terus kira 2 saya masih bisa catchup ga kalo ikutan preparation+tesnya bulan2 mei gitu ?

kalo ga keberatan pm saya prosedur en pembayaran2 nya gitu dong ?
thanks before

hi there, when you ask about whether you'll be able to catch up or not, I suggest you do some kind of self measuring test using some of the materials I've shared before..
http://livebeta.kaskus.us/show_post/000000000000000480790295/491/

That way you'll be able to predict what range score of IELTS you're in now.

IELTS is 195$ and I suggest you to register two weeks before and your result will be available on the website in two weeks.
feel free to contact
IELTS Administrator
Sentra Mulia, Ground Floor
Jl. HR Rasuna Said Kav. X-6 No. 8
Jakarta

Tel: 62 21 521 3350

Quote:
Original Posted By ENIAC
I got this source from our neighboring forum.
most of them are localized already.
hope it could help.

TOEFL iBT (Ebooks, softwares, and audios)

Thanks gan, good to know...

Quote:
Original Posted By amesty21
I personally think that IELTS is easier than TOEFL for this main reason , I'm not good with grammar and don't even have a single clue when I tried to do the question in TOEFL preparation book , but when I took IELTS , I was suprised to find that this test is A LOT easier than TOEFL because it's simplicity and only to test our knowledge on everyday english and not based from the book like test .

So if you think you understand english very well , take IELTS because it isn't as hard as everyone thought .

Well done, so what score did you get? Any tips for kaskuser?
real.simple - 27/03/2012 11:20 PM

sudah diedit makasih
morsoforo - 29/03/2012 11:56 PM

gan..how about ptesol?is that ptesol score same/equal with PBT TOEFL?
rahan - 30/03/2012 01:41 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By morsoforo
gan..how about ptesol?is that ptesol score same/equal with PBT TOEFL?

Spoiler for do not open
I hardly notice that but it was really an old news...
PTESOL UPI right? it's what most people said as TOEFL Like or TOEFL Equivalence ... well, it's cheaper but pretty much useless in the international recognition aspect

Tes Bajakan or Tes Siluman if I may said so, no offense really... only an effort to squeal some money from some easily manipulated students.

http://bahasa.kompasiana.com/2011/03/23/lika-liku-si-toefl-dari-copyright-sampai-kkn/
ziriaf - 02/04/2012 03:35 PM

guys i REALLY need ur help...
so i'll take IELTS in the next 2 weeks...
but i'm still confuse about the test...
u know,somehow people always say for the reading test,u shouldn't read the whole paragraph,but i just couldn't do it,because if i don't understand the whole paragraph,i don't know what to do for the question,what do u think about this guys?
also how to manage time for the three passages,should i take 20 for each section or what ?
please i really need ur help on this matter...
thanks
rahan - 03/04/2012 12:24 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ziriaf
guys i REALLY need ur help...
so i'll take IELTS in the next 2 weeks...
but i'm still confuse about the test...
u know,somehow people always say for the reading test,u shouldn't read the whole paragraph,but i just couldn't do it,because if i don't understand the whole paragraph,i don't know what to do for the question,what do u think about this guys?
also how to manage time for the three passages,should i take 20 for each section or what ?
please i really need ur help on this matter...
thanks

Here you go, I wish you the best in the upcoming test.
Untitled 1.mp3
Untitled 2.mp3
http://www.4*shared.com/office/s8SXL2NE/VANISHED.html

http://www.4*shared.com/office/cDNsrmUW/lho.html

Peace:
ziriaf - 03/04/2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Thanks a huge !!! berduka...hiks

thanks for helping me with my questions....

>_
ziriaf - 04/04/2012 11:32 PM

gan thanks a lot for ur help with mp3 and also the questions,it really help me a lot.....
by the way, i have something to ask....

1. So if we want to scan and skim, is it better to look at the beginning and at the end of paragraph ? then after that if there's no answer in it, we skim and scan for the middle,is that right? i often skim and scan the whole paragraph..

2. about writing, task 1 min.150 words and task 2 min. 250 words,i always write about 200 for task 1 and 300 for task 2, how about this case ? is it good or bad ? do i need to write 150 and 250 that include all of the question in task and after that i could give addition or in another way?

thanks...
rahan - 04/04/2012 11:58 PM

Quote:
gan thanks a lot for ur help with mp3 and also the questions,it really help me a lot.....
by the way, i have something to ask....

1. So if we want to scan and skim, is it better to look at the beginning and at the end of paragraph ? then after that if there's no answer in it, we skim and scan for the middle,is that right? i often skim and scan the whole paragraph..

2. about writing, task 1 min.150 words and task 2 min. 250 words,i always write about 200 for task 1 and 300 for task 2, how about this case ? is it good or bad ? do i need to write 150 and 250 that include all of the question in task and after that i could give addition or in another way?

thanks...

I guess I have said all I need to say about reading for now, it will be very helpful if you get yourself a nice thesaurus, (I use encarta, and oxford). You'll learn how to paraphrase stuff in no time... if you give yourself some time 'quality time' with thesaurus.

Point 1. Yes, that's true. Most of the time. Don't waste your time in a 'difficult' question.

If you can ensure that you have written enough words, that's a good start. However, remember that your introduction shouldn't use same structure or word(s) such as the one in the question. If this happen, that sentence will be considered as a copy-paste and will not be counted. Then again, in your conclusion, be sure that you know how to be conclusive, not just leaving an open-end essay which doesn't have any strong point in the end of it.

Why don't you put some of your writing in the Writing thread? Therefore, I'll be able to predict what score you will most likely get for your current writing ability.

example: http://livebeta.kaskus.us/show_post/000000000000000569767532/2719/

morsoforo - 05/04/2012 11:31 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan

Spoiler for do not open
I hardly notice that but it was really an old news...
PTESOL UPI right? it's what most people said as TOEFL Like or TOEFL Equivalence ... well, it's cheaper but pretty much useless in the international recognition aspect

Tes Bajakan or Tes Siluman if I may said so, no offense really... only an effort to squeal some money from some easily manipulated students.

http://bahasa.kompasiana.com/2011/03/23/lika-liku-si-toefl-dari-copyright-sampai-kkn/

thaaaaaaaank you very much for the information...

OMG, so i pay two hundred thousand rupiahs for nothing?nohope:
it's not used in any college too?
actually..i didn't get a good result either from that test hammer:

Quote:

thank you for this one too \)
ziriaf - 06/04/2012 03:47 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
I guess I have said all I need to say about reading for now, it will be very helpful if you get yourself a nice thesaurus, (I use encarta, and oxford). You'll learn how to paraphrase stuff in no time... if you give yourself some time 'quality time' with thesaurus.

Point 1. Yes, that's true. Most of the time. Don't waste your time in a 'difficult' question.

If you can ensure that you have written enough words, that's a good start. However, remember that your introduction shouldn't use same structure or word(s) such as the one in the question. If this happen, that sentence will be considered as a copy-paste and will not be counted. Then again, in your conclusion, be sure that you know how to be conclusive, not just leaving an open-end essay which doesn't have any strong point in the end of it.

Why don't you put some of your writing in the Writing thread? Therefore, I'll be able to predict what score you will most likely get for your current writing ability.

example: http://livebeta.kaskus.us/show_post/000000000000000569767532/2719/

sorry i could not opened the kaskus beta,so i couldn't send my essay...
i need to ask something again,sorry for always troubling u..

if the instruction NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER FOR EACH ANSWER,it means maximum three words (jonathan brian alex) / maximum three number ( 1 2 3) / combination of words and number ( jonathan brian 1 ) OR maximum three words with addition of number ( jonathan brian alex 1 ) ?

thanks for always help me
rahan - 06/04/2012 11:32 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By morsoforo

thaaaaaaaank you very much for the information...

OMG, so i pay two hundred thousand rupiahs for nothing?nohope:
it's not used in any college too?
actually..i didn't get a good result either from that test hammer:

thank you for this one too \)

don't mention it. Anyway it's not that relevant because TOEFL iBT the one that you'll need for Fulbright scholarship is totally different in its format compared to the PBT. That's why taking TOEFL like (like PBT) nowadays doesn't serve any purpose except for money-making (those who still held that kind of test doesn't really know what they're doing).

What is much needed for now is an affordable IELTS or TOEFL iBT preparation. Nevertheless, that kind of economical thought will put traditional teacher (like me) in a disadvantage position. Clearly, we (institutions that give Academic Prep) offer a-not-so cheap rate, because mostly students who will go abroad is not in a worrying economic condition. However, they (those students who choose international education) can afford that. Still a good preparation in Indonesia (5 to 6 mill rupiahs) is much more cheaper compared to a ELICOS, or EAP (400 dollars a week + living cost + apartment cost + social cost) that students need to take before their enroll to most university if their language competence is still below the requirement.

So the best way to think about this is learn by yourself, motivate yourself that you can achieve higher grade without any formal preparation. Ask for a helping hand, and this is where Kaskus English Forum play an important part. Still, when money is not a problem, you can reach a professional help.

Nice to see you here. Feel free to ask.

Quote:

sorry i could not opened the kaskus beta,so i couldn't send my essay...
i need to ask something again,sorry for always troubling u..

if the instruction NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER FOR EACH ANSWER,it means maximum three words (jonathan brian alex) / maximum three number ( 1 2 3) / combination of words and number ( jonathan brian 1 ) OR maximum three words with addition of number ( jonathan brian alex 1 ) ?

thanks for always help me
it doesn't matter.
check this https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=946348&page=137
and you can always post in this thread.

Regarding three words, it must be maximum three. OR a number

Example:
a central park, 8990 2648, a cesium gas, etc
24 Green Street.

They rarely combine words and numbers except for address.
thirty people / 30 people this is okay. but you shouldn't write both it will be considered as more than three words, just pick one style.

I'll explain more later, now I have to go shopping in a traditional market, and cook some lunch for my family. ngacir:
ziriaf - 06/04/2012 07:07 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan

it doesn't matter.
check this https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=946348&page=137
and you can always post in this thread.

Regarding three words, it must be maximum three. OR a number

Example:
a central park, 8990 2648, a cesium gas, etc
24 Green Street.

They rarely combine words and numbers except for address.
thirty people / 30 people this is okay. but you shouldn't write both it will be considered as more than three words, just pick one style.

I'll explain more later, now I have to go shopping in a traditional market, and cook some lunch for my family. ngacir:

well i've once had practice test from book Cambridge IELTS 8
in the listening section one the instruction is like this..
"NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR NUMBER"

so if i use ur explanation,it means that maximum are two,right ?
but when i checked the Answer key,the answer was "48 North Avenue" (so the answer are more than two,it's confusing..),so how about this case?

By the way,do u have sample for IELTS writing task 1 about process ?i couldn't find it on ur blog.....

thanks for always helping me....
sorry if i ask too much....
good luck for ur lunch !!!
rahan - 06/04/2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

well i've once had practice test from book Cambridge IELTS 8
in the listening section one the instruction is like this..
"NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS AND/OR NUMBER"

so if i use ur explanation,it means that maximum are two,right ?
but when i checked the Answer key,the answer was "48 North Avenue" (so the answer are more than two,it's confusing..),so how about this case?

thanks for always helping me....
sorry if i ask too much....
good luck for ur lunch !!!

Two words and number
Tidak lebih dari dua kata dan/atau angka
Dua kata dan angka

48 NORTH AVENUE
NORTH AVENUE = 2 words
and
48 is the number.
Don't worry too much about that, let the examiner do their job checking your answer ..
(selama ga 3 kata masih oke, for this case)

General Tips:
do you know that Cambridge once released an academic wordlist for IELTS, find that and spend an hour a day minimum, then evaluate each word in OXFORD Thesaurus (download links can be found in Rumah Belajar Ambrosiana). This activity will help you in terms of your vocabulary.
Page 3 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]