English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 14034 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 

KLanese - 24/04/2012 03:30 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By hartz2z
hi, i need some suggestion about english course in Jakarta barat (tomang)??
My parent give me money about 700k each months for doing that (so wall street out from my range hehe)
nb: my english skill become worse especially for writing and speaking and i did't learn and practice english for 3 years hammers.
o y... i'm 21 years old... so please dont suggest english course for teen :sorry

thanks for your help cendols

Learning that you are now 21 yo I guess you will need more than just a general English Courses which teach you mostly the grammar. You need something more academically and can help you with the professional skills.

Your writing isn't that bad (looking at the way you respond here) and my suggestion is that you should improve your vocabulary wider and wider as well as increasing the speed of accurate speaking responses.
hartz2z - 24/04/2012 10:26 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese

Learning that you are now 21 yo I guess you will need more than just a general English Courses which teach you mostly the grammar. You need something more academically and can help you with the professional skills.

Your writing isn't that bad (looking at the way you respond here) and my suggestion is that you should improve your vocabulary wider and wider as well as increasing the speed of accurate speaking responses.

could u suggest some place for me??
how about LIA at Tomang, i wanna try business class, but i didn't sure with LIA?
i have same problem for hearing english from native speaker ( mainly english british). But i can hear sing-lish/ing-lish with clearly ngakak

This year i will work after graduated (maybe 2 months), so i think i need sharping my english skill as soon as possible.

o y my reading is okay (reading newspaper, BBC, etc), but sometimes i can't recall my memory for speaking D ...
KLanese - 26/04/2012 02:13 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By hartz2z
could u suggest some place for me??
how about LIA at Tomang, i wanna try business class, but i didn't sure with LIA?
i have same problem for hearing english from native speaker ( mainly english british). But i can hear sing-lish/ing-lish with clearly ngakak

This year i will work after graduated (maybe 2 months), so i think i need sharping my english skill as soon as possible.

o y my reading is okay (reading newspaper, BBC, etc), but sometimes i can't recall my memory for speaking D ...

Any courses with a strong business class approach are the most suitable for you. British accent from the tutors is just added value in the point of lesson delivery.
If you think you are good at reading, try to focus more on the writing as used for expanding your literary achievement. Try to summarize some articles and paraphrase them with your best accurate style.
If you are ready for another challenge, take the international tests such as IELTS or iBT TOEFL
hartz2z - 26/04/2012 09:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese

Any courses with a strong business class approach are the most suitable for you. British accent from the tutors is just added value in the point of lesson delivery.
If you think you are good at reading, try to focus more on the writing as used for expanding your literary achievement. Try to summarize some articles and paraphrase them with your best accurate style.
If you are ready for another challenge, take the international tests such as IELTS or iBT TOEFL

next week, i will try Prediction Test for the toefl (75k idr) at my campus to analyze my weakness from test score result.
If the result below 500, i'll study again about structure, vocab etc...

btw @my campus (trisakti, Fetec), their have english course institution and affiliation with IIEF.
Their offer 2 preparation courses for toefl test and one Conversation course:
reguler non native speaker, 25 sessions (3 month), include toefl ITP (1.2 million)
executive (native speaker), 25 sessions (3month), include toefl ITP (2.5 million)
business conversation course, 8 seasion (1 month), (800k idr for 1 level and they have 9 level = 9 nine months)

... so, am i wrong to join that course or i must search other course institution like EF, LIA for general course???

my friend tell me ef good for conversation because their native speaker, we can learn tone, speaking style and many more.
and lia good for learning structure and vocab and more cheap than ef -__-'' ... is that true??? for now, my focus for sharping english before take IBT or something like that :army

Quote:
yeah i will always try writing english ^__^ cendols
zaman79 - 29/04/2012 04:40 PM

prmisi nanya2 boleh kan?

sktr 6 bulanan ada rencana mau ambil tes IBT buat syarat lanjut studi keluar kalo nggak salah passing gradenya 67 (*kalo nggak salah)

nah.. problemnya saya nggak bisa bhs inggris dgn baik dan benar bisa dibilang kalo dari skor 1-10. saya di 2 atau 3 \( sy cuma tau grammar dasar kadang masih salah grammarnya malah capedes , kalo denger orang ngomong inggris saya sih masih ngerti

sy kelas 2 SMA dgn persiapan 6 bulan apa saja yg harus sy persiapkan?
saran dan tips? urut2an belajar dari dasar apa dulu? buku / ebook / software yg recomended?

nuhun
loc - 30/04/2012 07:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By zaman79
prmisi nanya2 boleh kan?

sktr 6 bulanan ada rencana mau ambil tes IBT buat syarat lanjut studi keluar kalo nggak salah passing gradenya 67 (*kalo nggak salah)

nah.. problemnya saya nggak bisa bhs inggris dgn baik dan benar bisa dibilang kalo dari skor 1-10. saya di 2 atau 3 \( sy cuma tau grammar dasar kadang masih salah grammarnya malah capedes , kalo denger orang ngomong inggris saya sih masih ngerti

saran dan tips? urut2an belajar dari dasar apa dulu? buku / ebook / software yg recomended?

nuhun

gimana kalo agan cari tahu dulu passing grade-nya berapa? itu penting lho, karena itu yang akan jadi patokan/target kita nantinya. sebagai ilustrasi, nilai iBT 67 itu setara dengan PBT (TOEFL versi baheula yang dikerjakan di atas kertas) 517. kelihatannya agak terlalu rendah untuk syarat belajar di sebuah english-speaking country. kecuali, tentunya, agan berencana kuliah di Thailand, misalnya.

saran ane, ambil dulu kelas general english selama 4 bulan pertama secara intensif. dengan begitu, mudah2an bisa dapat minimal 2 level. ini gunanya adalah untuk memantapkan dasar2 kemampuan speaking, listening, reading dan writing, plus grammar dan vocabulary.

nah, 2 bulan yang terakhir bisa agan gunakan untuk persiapan mengambil TOEFL iBT, juga secara intensif. dengan dasar2 yang sudah agan dapat dari kelas general english di atas, agan akan lebih mudah memahami 'kenapa jawabannya yang ini dan bukan yang itu'. \)

good luck!
KLanese - 05/05/2012 11:21 AM

Quote:
prmisi nanya2 boleh kan?

nuhun

If it is a college, the passing grade is 67 (=517 PBT TOEFL) even lower, usually 500 will be fine. A university programs requires you to aim for 79-80 (550 PBT TOEFL)

considering that you're still 11th grader of high scholl, you have enough time allocation to set up your study preparation. So, you set wisely and carefully. Time is really priceless. D

Just try to google some recommendation for your study tools as seen on the first page of this thread. Good luck! beer:
christymags - 10/05/2012 11:38 PM

I'm glad that I can find this thread.
Well, I'm gonna have a toefl test for university appliance. It is written that the toefl test has to be certified by ETS. The question is: Do the english courses for example, LIA, EF, ILP have this qualification? Are they certified by ETS?

Thanks.
KLanese - 11/05/2012 12:26 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By christymags
I'm glad that I can find this thread.
Well, I'm gonna have a toefl test for university appliance. It is written that the toefl test has to be certified by ETS. The question is: Do the english courses for example, LIA, EF, ILP have this qualification? Are they certified by ETS?

Thanks.

Is your point about the Certified iBT TOEFL Test Center or the TOEFL preparation? TOEFL is the mere trademark of ETS and there are official rules according to law in using that product name D
richskrenta - 11/05/2012 01:11 PM

hi sir,

I want to ask, what is the longest time it takes to get the IELTS score to enter university (especially, Australia).

is it necessary for me to enroll in a place that provides excellent preparation for this test?

sorry for my bad English shakehand

Thank You
rodericksiregar - 11/05/2012 11:14 PM

hello!

i'm going to take ielts test on 19th may.
previously, i took tbi ielts class and its simulation test and i got 6.0
dont know why, i'm lil bit scare of this real test.
what's the best source for online prep ielts test?
honestly, i'm suck at writing section. what's your best suggestion for this?
kraitong - 12/05/2012 01:55 AM

Quote:
prmisi nanya2 boleh kan?

nuhun

Saran saya yah buat kamu !! Ambil dulu prediction test TOEFL yang resmi seharga 300ribuan.
Ini sih Paper based Tapi setidaknya mengukur dulu kemampuan kamu dimana.
Dari listening, grammar , reading !!
Jadi kamu tahu langkah2 apa yang bisa kkamu ambil.

Ini resmi dari TOEFL namanya instituional.
Bisa diambil di Kampus UI kedokteran salemba ada Lembaga bahsa UI.
Selain itu bisa di Kedubes Belanda kalo gk salah harganya sama.

Knowing your real ability will help you determine the next step !! Gud Luck
BabyUltraRaptor - 13/05/2012 12:04 AM

Gotta bookmark this thread, Its a d*mn good thread for me

Actually Now I'm In the Second Grade of high school, That Means Next Year I'll pass my high school, and i will be continuing my study to the univerity

But unfortunately, I cant Go overseas to study, Only if i got scholarship i can go, But i Am interested in English language, So If I Took TOEFL or IELTS but i dont go overseas to study, will it be useful? Because IELTS Cost $190, thats a lot of money.

And now in my City, The IELTS is very popular, almost all of the students want to go overseas took it. I myself just take the IELTS Mock Test, and i got no difficulties there, and I'm waiting for the Result.

And i dunno Why most people say IELTS is difficult, but i think TOEFL is more stressful, because There are a lot of grammar and i hate grammar. But that was just my opinion.
VictorVIR93 - 14/05/2012 03:28 AM

wow it's very good support for me..and may be it could be improve my english language but it's true that we might more often to get conversation with english..it's very good to train speaking with english language..because some of them has great english material to tell but very nervous to speak..that's why we might to improve english speaking skill..
stormrage123 - 25/05/2012 05:22 PM

Wow, This thread is really useful for me. I plan to take master degree scholarship so i need to take TOEFL/IELTS first. Actually my own weaknesses are Speaking and writing especially in the independent task. It just like i have to think twice. First i need to think what i should write/speak then translate them into english. It's really spent a lot of time to do it perfectly.
drikz14 - 17/06/2012 05:06 PM

hi there

i have a IELTS raw score is 4.0-4.5 and my target is 5.5 or above,my weakness is in the writing and grammar how can i improve my score?

and also how many month should i take to IELTS preparation?

thanks before D
daniealmalik - 18/06/2012 05:24 PM

Do you think ! Where the place courses are good and cheap in Bekasi ?
real.simple - 19/06/2012 10:37 PM

i had the iBT test on may 20th with the score of 82.

but till the moment i wrote this ....

my certificate isn't yet to come to da house....

kinda worryingcapedes
KLanese - 23/06/2012 10:03 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By richskrenta
hi sir,

I want to ask, what is the longest time it takes to get the IELTS score to enter university (especially, Australia).

is it necessary for me to enroll in a place that provides excellent preparation for this test?

sorry for my bad English shakehand

Thank You

Hi sis richskrenta, the result of your official IELTS will normally be issued within 7-10 days. Then, you can send it to your desired university along with your application form and other things required for the enrollment. Or you can use some education overseas agencies to handle the passport, scores, and necessary documents for you.

If you think your background of English is still a bit weak, we recommend you take English prep intensive program in Indonesia before leaving to Aussie. Otherwise, you will spend big money to take "Language Class" there in Aussie. 1 short course = around Rp 15 million (even more)

Quote:
Original Posted By rodericksiregar
hello!

i'm going to take ielts test on 19th may.
previously, i took tbi ielts class and its simulation test and i got 6.0
dont know why, i'm lil bit scare of this real test.
what's the best source for online prep ielts test?
honestly, i'm suck at writing section. what's your best suggestion for this?

Hello too rodericksiregar!! D

Good luck on your upcoming real IELTS test. Since you have achieved 6.0 Band score, I think you don't have to be too apprehensive of the real test. If you still want to try the on line practice, you may go here:

http://www.ielts-blog.com/

http://www.aippg.com/ielts/

and try this site for your writing:
http://www.ielts-exam.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=183&Itemid=32

Happy writing!! D

Quote:
Original Posted By BabyUltraRaptor
Gotta bookmark this thread, Its a d*mn good thread for me

Actually Now I'm In the Second Grade of high school, That Means Next Year I'll pass my high school, and i will be continuing my study to the univerity

But unfortunately, I cant Go overseas to study, Only if i got scholarship i can go, But i Am interested in English language, So If I Took TOEFL or IELTS but i dont go overseas to study, will it be useful? Because IELTS Cost $190, that's a lot of money.

And now in my City, The IELTS is very popular, almost all of the students want to go overseas took it. I myself just take the IELTS Mock Test, and i got no difficulties there, and I'm waiting for the Result.

And i dunno Why most people say IELTS is difficult, but i think TOEFL is more stressful, because There are a lot of grammar and i hate grammar. But that was just my opinion.

Answer: it's a waste of money to be frankly. Well, both TOEFL and IELTS are for overseas study and or any international career / cross-country living purposes. if you have no intention for the reasons above, you dont need to take the test.

Answer: some people said IELTS is easier than TOEFL, and vice versa. in the Next Generation TOEFL (iBT TOEFL), there is no more structure section but changed to Speaking and Writing section
KLanese - 23/06/2012 10:19 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By VictorVIR93
wow it's very good support for me..and may be it could be improve my english language but it's true that we might more often to get conversation with english..it's very good to train speaking with english language..because some of them has great english material to tell but very nervous to speak..that's why we might to improve english speaking skill..

thanks for the good input gan victor beer:

Quote:
Original Posted By stormrage123
Wow, This thread is really useful for me. I plan to take master degree scholarship so i need to take TOEFL/IELTS first. Actually my own weaknesses are Speaking and writing especially in the independent task. It just like i have to think twice. First i need to think what i should write/speak then translate them into english. It's really spent a lot of time to do it perfectly.

Hehehehe.. some test takers complain that the first two independent speakings are shocking questions. Just practice with some friends to have more chit-chats about daily life, hobbies and interests, or other free common topics. The point is you have to be able to respond quickly and accurately with nice development. Answer-Supporting Reason(s)-Example(s)

Quote:
Original Posted By drikz14
hi there

i have a IELTS raw score is 4.0-4.5 and my target is 5.5 or above,my weakness is in the writing and grammar how can i improve my score?

and also how many month should i take to IELTS preparation?

thanks before D

Hhhmm... Grammar and Writing are inseparable D
review all your grammar skills (perhaps form Betty Schrampfer Azar) then apply them into essay writings that you get from the internet. Also try to find the writing sample as your guidance so that it will be an objective comparison of yours
Page 5 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]