English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 14034 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 6 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 

BabyUltraRaptor - 24/06/2012 12:06 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese

Answer: it's a waste of money to be frankly. Well, both TOEFL and IELTS are for overseas study and or any international career / cross-country living purposes. if you have no intention for the reasons above, you dont need to take the test.

Answer: some people said IELTS is easier than TOEFL, and vice versa. in the Next Generation TOEFL (iBT TOEFL), there is no more structure section but changed to Speaking and Writing section

Actually, i still confused on the point "study abroad", of course I am going to the scholarship test, but some of the scholarship available needs IELTS...

Anyway, I already get my IELTS mock test result, Got 8.0 For Listening, 6.5 Reading, 5.5 in Writing, And The Worst, Speaking 4.5 , My average is 6.0

Actually, I'm feeling okay, fluent to talk to the tutor in speaking test, but how can i get 4.5? What aspect do they look, and how should we talk to them to get high score?

And, i also want to ask, sorry for asking so many Things. What's The Different Of TOEIC and TOEFL? Is TOEIC is just like SAT, and what is the purpose?
rahan - 24/06/2012 08:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By BabyUltraRaptor
Actually, i still confused on the point "study abroad", of course I am going to the scholarship test, but some of the scholarship available needs IELTS...

Anyway, I already get my IELTS mock test result, Got 8.0 For Listening, 6.5 Reading, 5.5 in Writing, And The Worst, Speaking 4.5 , My average is 6.0

Actually, I'm feeling okay, fluent to talk to the tutor in speaking test, but how can i get 4.5? What aspect do they look, and how should we talk to them to get high score?

And, i also want to ask, sorry for asking so many Things. What's The Different Of TOEIC and TOEFL? Is TOEIC is just like SAT, and what is the purpose?

Hmm ... how can I tell you this. From my experience as the examiner usually by the end of the test, I get the impression "Oh yeah, this man can speak some English, however, the way he spoke just now still far from what native speaker will produce." In a short sentence, it is just a rough translation of Indonesian style covered in English lexical resource. I can give a long explanation about this but it is the point that I want to say.

Actually, I'm feeling okay, fluent to talk to the tutor in speaking test, but how can i get 4.5? What aspect do they look, and how should we talk to them to get high score? (Sebenarnya, saya merasa saat itu performa saya baik-baik saja, lancar berbicara dengan guru saat ujian wicara, tetapi bagaimana bisa saya dapat 4.5? Aspek penilaian seperti apa yang dipergunakan, dan bagaimana seharusnya kita berbicara dengan mereka untuk mendapatkan nilai yang tinggi?)

If you want to know about how to get a good score in IELTS speaking, you just need to browse the book I've shared in the previous thread of IELTS, or ... any book that discuss IELTS speaking will do.

TOEIC is an English test that recently has become a required test for Indonesian SMK students before they graduate ... capedes
TOEFL iBT is .... ahh ... why do I do this ... it's all in page one.

Good luck ganz..
rahan - 24/06/2012 08:03 PM

save this for later purpose ... double post (overposting)
janitorstaff - 25/06/2012 05:46 PM

i have some questions,

what is better TOEIC or TOEFL?, and what more usefull TOEIC or TOEFL? if i passed a toefl test should i take a toeic test?

sorry if my questions is OOt
greenish.geekz - 25/06/2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

the one i bold, is that true?? wow .. is it so that hard to get high score in speaking session?? so, what will happen to me?? i am retarded to speak sometimes, especially in examination ..

but i think the problem you didn't realize is about grammar .. i think you didn't talk to the tutor in correct grammar .. for example, you wrote, "i am feeling ok" .. i think you should write like this one, "i was feeling ok" .. you told us what has happened in the past, didn't you??

sorry if i correct you wrong ..
KLanese - 25/06/2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
Hmm ... how can I tell you this. From my experience as the examiner usually by the end of the test, I get the impression "Oh yeah, this man can speak some English, however, the way he spoke just now still far from what native speaker will produce." In a short sentence, it is just a rough translation of Indonesian style covered in English lexical resource. I can give a long explanation about this but it is the point that I want to say.

Actually, I'm feeling okay, fluent to talk to the tutor in speaking test, but how can i get 4.5? What aspect do they look, and how should we talk to them to get high score? (Sebenarnya, saya merasa saat itu performa saya baik-baik saja, lancar berbicara dengan guru saat ujian wicara, tetapi bagaimana bisa saya dapat 4.5? Aspek penilaian seperti apa yang dipergunakan, dan bagaimana seharusnya kita berbicara dengan mereka untuk mendapatkan nilai yang tinggi?)

If you want to know about how to get a good score in IELTS speaking, you just need to browse the book I've shared in the previous thread of IELTS, or ... any book that discuss IELTS speaking will do.

TOEIC is an English test that recently has become a required test for Indonesian SMK students before they graduate ... capedes
TOEFL iBT is .... ahh ... why do I do this ... it's all in page one.

Good luck ganz..

something serious has happened to BabyUltraRaptor's speaking response. Considering his/her Listening bandscore=8.0 and he/she just got 4.5 on speaking, that was very critical. What seemed to be the main problem anyway?

Quote:
Original Posted By janitorstaff
i have some questions,

what is better TOEIC or TOEFL?, and what more usefull TOEIC or TOEFL? if i passed a toefl test should i take a toeic test?

sorry if my questions is OOt

TOEIC is mostly used for working / job International English assessment gan. Both TOEFL and TOEIC have different purposes and segmentation

Quote:
Original Posted By greenish.geekz
the one i bold, is that true?? wow .. is it so that hard to get high score in speaking session?? so, what will happen to me?? i am retarded to speak sometimes, especially in examination ..

but i think the problem you didn't realize is about grammar .. i think you didn't talk to the tutor in correct grammar .. for example, you wrote, "i am feeling ok" .. i think you should write like this one, "i was feeling ok" .. you told us what has happened in the past, didn't you??

Thanks for the supportive opinion. You nailed the problem D
BabyUltraRaptor - 25/06/2012 10:42 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By greenish.geekz

Quote:

something serious has happened to BabyUltraRaptor's speaking response. Considering his/her Listening bandscore=8.0 and he/she just got 4.5 on speaking, that was very critical. What seemed to be the main problem anyway?

TOEIC is mostly used for working / job International English assessment gan. Both TOEFL and TOEIC have different purposes and segmentation

Thanks for the supportive opinion. You nailed the problem D

Yeah, I spoke the way I like, i dont care much about grammar, Because i hate it D is that one critical point?

And actually, at the start of beginning, When the tutor ask me about my self, He asked me " How Do You Travel To School? " I dont get what he says, because he pronounce the Travel so awkward i think, in british or australia that i couldnt get it, i keep begging for pardon, but at last he describes maybe you go to school by car, etc. Does that affects My score so much?
vidavacia - 26/06/2012 01:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I spoke the way I like, i dont care much about grammar, Because i hate it D is that one critical point?

And actually, at the start of beginning, When the tutor ask me about my self, He asked me " How Do You Travel To School? " I dont get what he says, because he pronounce the Travel so awkward i think, in british or australia that i couldnt get it, i keep begging for pardon, but at last he describes maybe you go to school by car, etc. Does that affects My score so much?

yes. grammatical range and accuracy is one of 4 categories being assessed. the other three are fluency, cohesion and coherence, and lexical resource. (this comes from memory, i may be mistaken with the jargons p)
KLanese - 27/06/2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Original Posted By vidavacia
yes. grammatical range and accuracy is one of 4 categories being assessed. the other three are fluency, cohesion and coherence, and lexical resource. (this comes from memory, i may be mistaken with the jargons p)

I think vidavacia has analyzed and answered the problem. Can't agree with you more D
adimasstw - 02/07/2012 06:46 AM

what is the best suitable book for self-learner in TOEFL?

I've read a thread (in FJB) stated that Barron's book is good in reading while Cliff's is good in structure, is it true?
KLanese - 02/07/2012 11:30 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By adimasstw
what is the best suitable book for self-learner in TOEFL?

I've read a thread (in FJB) stated that Barron's book is good in reading while Cliff's is good in structure, is it true?

well, I prefer the Cambridge and Heinemann for reliable PBT TOEFL. What do you think? D
rahan - 05/07/2012 12:02 PM

Quote:
well, I prefer the Cambridge and Heinemann for reliable PBT TOEFL. What do you think? D

I prefer the book that is actually used in the real itp test. the ETS book. heheheee ... u will get high score because u learn from the test book. capedes in Indonesia we called it bocoran, "leaked answer". I know this for a fact because in the past I was a JOKI. It's always the similar question.

from a reliable source (IIEF website)
http://www.iief.or.id/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=10&lang=id

Spoiler for information for those who want high score
Ujian TOEFL® ITP (Program Ujian Institusional) ini berbeda dengan program ujian TOEFL® lainnya. Program ujian ini memberikan kesempatan kepada perguruan tinggi untuk melaksanakan sendiri ujian TOEFL® tertulis dalam format lama dengan memanfaatkan fasilitas serta staf yang mereka miliki.

Namun, nilai ITP tidak boleh dipakai untuk syarat penerimaan di perguruan tinggi serta universitas atau untuk keperluan lain yang berisiko tinggi. Hal ini dikarenakan ujian ITP telah dijalankan sebelumnya, sehingga Educational Testing Services (ETS®) tidak dapat menjamin bahwa program ini sepenuhnya aman. Oleh karena itu, ujian ini sebenarnya hanya digunakan sebagai alat untuk mengukur keahlian berbahasa Inggris seseorang yang bahasa ibunya bukan Bahasa Inggris.
bro Klanese ... long time no see .... howdy do? \)cendols
kenta000 - 05/07/2012 04:02 PM

Hello !
my english is very bad so i'm sorry for mistake hammers

i want to ask about english course in bandung

could you suggest me about english course in bandung ?

i want to learn more about listening,speaking and vocabulary

thanks in advance
adimasstw - 07/07/2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

Honestly, I have never read any of TOEFL books before.
So, I don't know what kind of book is suitable for me bingungs
loc - 09/07/2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

the Writing section of the Cambridge PBT prep book is the best and the most detailed step-by-step of all the TOEFL books on the market. very highly recommended! thumbup:

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
I prefer the book that is actually used in the real itp test. the ETS book. heheheee ... u will get high score because u learn from the test book. capedes in Indonesia we called it bocoran, "leaked answer". I know this for a fact because in the past I was a JOKI. It's always the similar question.

from a reliable source (IIEF website)
http://www.iief.or.id/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=77&Itemid=10&lang=id

Spoiler for information for those who want high score
Ujian TOEFL® ITP (Program Ujian Institusional) ini berbeda dengan program ujian TOEFL® lainnya. Program ujian ini memberikan kesempatan kepada perguruan tinggi untuk melaksanakan sendiri ujian TOEFL® tertulis dalam format lama dengan memanfaatkan fasilitas serta staf yang mereka miliki.

Namun, nilai ITP tidak boleh dipakai untuk syarat penerimaan di perguruan tinggi serta universitas atau untuk keperluan lain yang berisiko tinggi. Hal ini dikarenakan ujian ITP telah dijalankan sebelumnya, sehingga Educational Testing Services (ETS®) tidak dapat menjamin bahwa program ini sepenuhnya aman. Oleh karena itu, ujian ini sebenarnya hanya digunakan sebagai alat untuk mengukur keahlian berbahasa Inggris seseorang yang bahasa ibunya bukan Bahasa Inggris.
bro Klanese ... long time no see .... howdy do? \)cendols

:matabelo

me want the book, me want the 'leak'! please, please, please where can i get it, kk? ngakaks
rahan - 09/07/2012 06:59 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
the Writing section of the Cambridge PBT prep book is the best and the most detailed step-by-step of all the TOEFL books on the market. very highly recommended! thumbup:

:matabelo

me want the book, me want the 'leak'! please, please, please where can i get it, kk? ngakaks

Hehehehe Yb

I hope you are not mocking me and your statement above is not a sarcasm. (You've added ngakaks that's why I thought it's a sarcasm \)b ). Hehehehe... It's all in the past, I sat the test, google the question because I took a picture of the question and voila .. these are the so called 'leak', master Loc.

1. TOEFL Practice Tests: An Official Guide from Ets, Volume 1 [Paperback]
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

2. TOEFL Practice Tests: Volume 2 (TOEFL Practice Test series) [Paperback]
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

3. TOEFL Test Preparation Kit workbook 1995 and 1998 [Audio CD]

Get number 3 here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6993397/Ets-TOEFL-Preparation-Kit-Workbook

the rest is somewhere out there .. Google will give it to you.

http://www.bukabuku.com/browse/bookdetail/2010000003916/toefl-itp-practice-test-volume-1.html strange, I never know about this one, will buy it later just to check the content, I guess...
loc - 10/07/2012 12:17 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
Hehehehe Yb

I hope you are not mocking me and your statement above is not a sarcasm. (You've added ngakaks that's why I thought it's a sarcasm \)b ). Hehehehe... It's all in the past, I sat the test, google the question because I took a picture of the question and voila .. these are the so called 'leak', master Loc.

1. TOEFL Practice Tests: An Official Guide from Ets, Volume 1 [Paperback]

2. TOEFL Practice Tests: Volume 2 (TOEFL Practice Test series) [Paperback]

3. TOEFL Test Preparation Kit workbook 1995 and 1998 [Audio CD]

Get number 3 here
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6993397/Ets-TOEFL-Preparation-Kit-Workbook

the rest is somewhere out there .. Google will give it to you.

http://www.bukabuku.com/browse/bookdetail/2010000003916/toefl-itp-practice-test-volume-1.html strange, I never know about this one, will buy it later just to check the content, I guess...

no, no, no, no, no. it's not sarcasm at all. it's just that i never asked for a 'bocoran' before from anyone, and i even went as far as discouraging people from asking for an e-book here in the english forum. (another place, another story D)

so, i thought it was funny that i actually ended up asking you, in public, here in EF, instead of doing my own search quietly. i thought to myself "there you go, loc. you've gone soft." ngakaks

anyways, thanks for pointing out the books, professor! will have a read later when i have some time to spare. need to catch the first plane to Palembang tomorrow, work my a** off for the whole day, and come back to Jakarta in the afternoon, so no time to go around town. \(
rahan - 10/07/2012 02:07 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
no, no, no, no, no. it's not sarcasm at all. it's just that i never asked for a 'bocoran' before from anyone, and i even went as far as discouraging people from asking for an e-book here in the english forum. (another place, another story D)

so, i thought it was funny that i actually ended up asking you, in public, here in EF, instead of doing my own search quietly. i thought to myself "there you go, loc. you've gone soft." ngakaks

anyways, thanks for pointing out the books, professor! will have a read later when i have some time to spare. need to catch the first plane to Palembang tomorrow, work my a** off for the whole day, and come back to Jakarta in the afternoon, so no time to go around town. \(

ahh .. you're coming to my town? :addfriends If only I'm not financially broke after buying 'mudik' ticket, I should treat you Candy Pempek and have a nice chat .. The only treat I can afford now is McFlurry ... anyway, welcome to Palembang! iloveindonesias

I don't think you're going soft, perhaps for the time being 'the excitement' of being heavily involved in Kaskus EFor doesn't give the same 'sense of satisfaction' as it used to be ... that's just me takin' a wild guess ... Yb
rainsong - 16/07/2012 12:53 PM

Gan, do you have any recommendation recsel on free TOEFL/IELTS online simulation?
I will be pleased if you can help me cendolbig
rahan - 16/07/2012 11:28 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rainsong
Gan, do you have any recommendation recsel on free TOEFL/IELTS online simulation?
I will be pleased if you can help me cendolbig

feel free to check this one
http://www.kaskus.co.id/showpost.php?p=480790295&postcount=491
Page 6 of 9 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]