English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 14034 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 7 of 9 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 

jk0w - 17/07/2012 01:37 AM

helo mr rahan.. hehe.. you in here as well..

hmm.. today my english course begin.. must hard study and also always have a spirit..
actually i dont to why in my sentence always using a simple word one... cant like other people could have complexity sentence.. and looks like an expert in english.. i wannt like that..
rainsong - 17/07/2012 10:47 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
feel free to check this one
http://www.kaskus.co.id/showpost.php?p=480790295&postcount=491

Nice post gan, thank you for your help..
Hope I can give you green cendol in no time..cendolbig it'll ripe in several hours :addfriends
donisaurs - 18/07/2012 09:14 PM

wow, a random browsing session and i found this informative and enlightening thread D
Overtrack - 19/07/2012 01:05 PM

Anyone know, where I can find IELTS Writing Test Example for Academic Writing Test Task 1 where its graph only contain 1 line (grafik 1 garis saja), not 2 or more. (I need the answer example)

I have tried to make the answer but Its always no more than 60 words. I don't know, how can I reach minimum words (150 words). I really confused
rahan - 19/07/2012 01:28 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Overtrack
Anyone know, where I can find IELTS Writing Test Example for Academic Writing Test Task 1 where its graph only contain 1 line (grafik 1 garis saja), not 2 or more. (I need the answer example)

I have tried to make the answer but Its always no more than 60 words. I don't know, how can I reach minimum words (150 words). I really confused

what book is it from? Let me check it in my library for you. If it's from a website, then perhaps it's not a past paper. Just some random stuff floating in the internet.

these are two tasks close to your request:

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

The graph shows Underground Station Passenger Numbers in London.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
• You should write at least 150 words.
• You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
model answer:

The graph shows the fluctuation in the number of people at a London underground station over the course of a day.

The busiest time of the day is in the morning. There is a sharp increase between 06:00 and 08:00, with 400 people using the station at 8 o'clock. After this the numbers drop quickly to less than 200 at 10 o'clock. Between 11 am and 3 pm the number rises, with a plateau of just under 300 people using the station.

In the afternoon, numbers decline, with less than 100 using the station at 4 pm. There is then a rapid rise to a peak of 380 at 6pm. After 7 pm, numbers fall significantly, with only a slight increase again at 8pm, tailing off after 9 pm.

Overall, the graph shows that the station is most crowded in the early morning and early evening periods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

The line graph shows estimated sales of gold in Dubai for 12 months in 2002 in millions of dirhams.There were two main seasons for gold sales.

The main season for sales is in the December to May period. Sales were consistently above 200 million dirhams per month, rising sharply to a peak of 350 million dirhams in March. However, for the next four months, sales declined steadily, reaching an annual low of 120 million dirhams in July.

In August, there was a sudden increase. Sales almost doubled, rising from 120 million dirhams in July to 210 million dirhams in August. This was followed by a drop in September, back to the July figure.

From September to October, sales recovered, from 120 to 180 million. In October and November, sales remained steady, and there was a small increase in December to 190 million dirhams.

In conclusion, the main sales period is in the early part of the year, slumping in the summer, except for a sudden increase in August.
KLanese - 30/07/2012 11:29 AM

gan Rahan is the IELTS expert. I love to read his writing answers. So marvelous and ultimate! D
rahan - 30/07/2012 02:23 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
gan Rahan is the IELTS expert. I love to read his writing answers. So marvelous and ultimate! D

Thanks bro. I'm still learning, there's no expert stuff here. As you can see writing is a long process :games http://www.kaskus.co.id/showpost.php?p=732001129&postcount=3056

This post of mine can’t be seen in Kaskus Beta: http://www.kaskus.co.id/showpost.php?p=727574842&postcount=125

In this post, I help Overtrack to get a solution to his problem. I got him two essays from the internet. However, this post wasn’t very helpful. Overtrack than pointed to the graph that has bothered him

http://i.imgur.com/4yi2u.jpg.

I suggest the following as an example answer to respond the graph:
Spoiler for my version
This single line graph describes the amount of grocery stores that were forced out of business during three different periods. The first period has a gap of ten years, which was from 1961 to 1971. After that period, other three periods were described but this time each was separated by nine years, namely 1971-1980 and 1980-1989. The remaining years were obviously different from previous two periods, mainly because each year now was measured annually.

Overall trend of this single line graph featured a rapid decline of the numbers of grocery stores that close their business. Started from before 1961, an approximate numbers of 150,000 stores plummeted to 60,000 stores in 1971. The slump continued to progress as it was evidenced by the fact that there were about 15,000 defunct stores in 1980. During 1980 to 1991, a small yet steady decrease was apparent. In this period the number of grocery stores closed was about 5,000 stores. The remaining periods saw this decline to be leveled off reaching a plateau at 35,000 stores.
loc - 30/07/2012 11:12 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese

surely now it's clear why i call him 'professor'? D

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
http://i.imgur.com/4yi2u.jpg.

I suggest the following as an example answer to respond the graph:
Spoiler for my version
This single line graph describes the amount of grocery stores that were forced out of business during three different periods. The first period has a gap of ten years, which was from 1961 to 1971. After that period, other three periods were described but this time each was separated by nine years, namely 1971-1980 and 1980-1989. The remaining years were obviously different from previous two periods, mainly because each year now was measured annually.

Overall trend of this single line graph featured a rapid decline of the numbers of grocery stores that close their business. Started from before 1961, an approximate numbers of 150,000 stores plummeted to 60,000 stores in 1971. The slump continued to progress as it was evidenced by the fact that there were about 15,000 defunct stores in 1980. During 1980 to 1991, a small yet steady decrease was apparent. In this period the number of grocery stores closed was about 5,000 stores. The remaining periods saw this decline to be leveled off reaching a plateau at 35,000 stores.

:thumbup
rahan - 01/08/2012 09:51 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
surely now it's clear why i call him 'professor'? D

:thumbup

cendols

So, how was your visit to Palembang several weeks ago? It was one day visit, wasn't it?

Anyway, you haven't given me the advice which I asked via PM about writing academic journal, I'm taking a long way here ...

In my opinion, that skill (the ability to write various English academic journal based on request) can be an invaluable skill which will lead to profitable business.What do you think, master Loc? \)b
loc - 02/08/2012 04:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
cendols

So, how was your visit to Palembang several weeks ago? It was one day visit, wasn't it?

Anyway, you haven't given me the advice which I asked via PM about writing academic journal, I'm taking a long way here ...

In my opinion, that skill (the ability to write various English academic journal based on request) can be an invaluable skill which will lead to profitable business.What do you think, master Loc? \)b

ah yes, that question. D

i would start with short papers, say around 2000 words, and work my way up to, for example, 10,000 words. along the way, i would increase my vocabulary to help cope with the increasing number of words and complexity of the essays.

that is, of course, speaking generally. some more things you should also try are:

[*]getting a few sample papers from each of the publishers/depositories to know what formats are preferred by them, and
[*]getting some papers that are, in your opinion, the easiest to read and the best written, while keeping in mind the validity factor of each paper and criticisms and praise received by it. what for? to mimic the writing style \)

the latter (writing style) is by far the most difficult to learn because it really depends on the personality of the writer, but do aim for ease of understanding. after all, what's the point in writing something if nobody can understand it? D

as for my visit to palembang, it hasn't happened yet because of problems with the availability of the venue. i have however contacted Professor Badia and she has agreed to me using UNSRI's facility for this workshop. probably early september.
Indpndncy - 03/08/2012 05:25 PM

gan, gimana strategi lolos iBT dengan skor diatas 80 dari "0" dalam 5 bulan? sekarang saya kelas 3 sma recananya bulan desember/januari mau ambil tes iBT buat salah satu syarat beasiswa studi ke luar. saya sendiri inggris writing,speaking,dan reading nya masih cupu banget.
strateginya gimana ya biar dalam 5 bulan ini saya bisa mencapai target.

kalo sekarang saya baru belajar grammar2 dasar. skrng lg mulai ngerjain buku grammar longman basic,pre inter,intermediate,upper advance,advance. kalo strateginya 2 bulan ini belajar grammar pake ngerjain bukunya longman gt dah betul belum ya?

mohon saran dan nasehat nya \)
ald0989 - 04/08/2012 08:32 AM
[ASK] : TOEFL/IELTS
Hai agan2 malusmalus
pengen nanya nih gan, kalo misalnya kita pengen study overseas ke Australia pake TOEFL/IELTS biayanya berapa gan? terus biaya tes nya berapa gan?
Thanks ya agan2 yang udah ngejawab kissskissmalushakehand2
Celpad - 04/08/2012 03:59 PM

ente mau jurusan apa di Australia gan?klo tes IELTS recommended Intenational itu sih British Council
rahan - 05/08/2012 03:58 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
ah yes, that question. D

i would start with short papers, say around 2000 words, and work my way up to, for example, 10,000 words. along the way, i would increase my vocabulary to help cope with the increasing number of words and complexity of the essays.

that is, of course, speaking generally. some more things you should also try are:

[*]getting a few sample papers from each of the publishers/depositories to know what formats are preferred by them, and
[*]getting some papers that are, in your opinion, the easiest to read and the best written, while keeping in mind the validity factor of each paper and criticisms and praise received by it. what for? to mimic the writing style \)

the latter (writing style) is by far the most difficult to learn because it really depends on the personality of the writer, but do aim for ease of understanding. after all, what's the point in writing something if nobody can understand it? D

as for my visit to palembang, it hasn't happened yet because of problems with the availability of the venue. i have however contacted Professor Badia and she has agreed to me using UNSRI's facility for this workshop. probably early september.

wow, thank you, that sounds doable. I'll let u know the result of my self study later in the future... Have fun with Unsri ... \)

Quote:
Original Posted By Indpndncy
gan, gimana strategi lolos iBT dengan skor diatas 80 dari "0" dalam 5 bulan? sekarang saya kelas 3 sma recananya bulan desember/januari mau ambil tes iBT buat salah satu syarat beasiswa studi ke luar. saya sendiri inggris writing,speaking,dan reading nya masih cupu banget.
strateginya gimana ya biar dalam 5 bulan ini saya bisa mencapai target.

kalo sekarang saya baru belajar grammar2 dasar. skrng lg mulai ngerjain buku grammar longman basic,pre inter,intermediate,upper advance,advance. kalo strateginya 2 bulan ini belajar grammar pake ngerjain bukunya longman gt dah betul belum ya?

mohon saran dan nasehat nya \)

that's a good start, even better if you try to practice posting in English. if you want to study don't limit yourself with time. do a mock test using iBT software, this is to know your current score. Then you can plan on what target to achieve and how many hours a day you'd be willing to dedicate to achieve that target.

i don't really know about toefl but let's make a simple calculation.

if iBT 100 = IELTS 8
and iBT 90 = IELTS 7.5

30 + 30 + 30 + 30 = 120 = ielts 9
25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = 100 = ielts 8
20 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 80 = ielts 7

I don't think 5 months will be enough time to achieve 90. But you do what you have to do. It depends on how much time you spend in a day to practice during that period.

I'd suggest you to deal with barron iBT, cambridge, kaplan, longman, and thompson ... see how you deal with it, skip the grammar when you've only got 5 months ahead, coz you'll be facing serious amount of academic vocabulary, practice organizing your thought in fifteen seconds, and absorbing lecture and make the relation clear with a text in a very short time... that's the real obstacle.

Quote:
Original Posted By
Hai agan2 malusmalus
pengen nanya nih gan, kalo misalnya kita pengen study overseas ke Australia pake TOEFL/IELTS biayanya berapa gan? terus biaya tes nya berapa gan?
Thanks ya agan2 yang udah ngejawab kissskissmalushakehand2

please use English. IELTS costs about US$ 195, TOEFL is a bit cheaper,
Regarding college expense, it depends on what course and uni. for example check this link http://monash.edu.au/study/coursefinder/course/3209/

You should visit the nearest education agency, or you can ask here if you want to go to melbourne:
http://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=1470433
mahasiswaIT.com - 06/08/2012 11:52 PM
IELTS Prediction Test
Where is IELTS Prediction Test helds?

PM me please
.Ovie - 10/08/2012 03:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By BabyUltraRaptor
Actually, i still confused on the point "study abroad", of course I am going to the scholarship test, but some of the scholarship available needs IELTS...

Anyway, I already get my IELTS mock test result, Got 8.0 For Listening, 6.5 Reading, 5.5 in Writing, And The Worst, Speaking 4.5 , My average is 6.0

Actually, I'm feeling okay, fluent to talk to the tutor in speaking test, but how can i get 4.5? What aspect do they look, and how should we talk to them to get high score?

And, i also want to ask, sorry for asking so many Things. What's The Different Of TOEIC and TOEFL? Is TOEIC is just like SAT, and what is the purpose?

Where you take the mock test?

I've taken IELTS Prediction Test, got band 5.5 for Listening, band 6 for Reading. They can't give score/band for Writing

My problem in Listening is when the people on the tape speaks about number, and spell their name. It's really confused. Anyone know how to improve my problem in there?

I only need overall band 6.5, minimal band 5.5 for Writing.
cozmo07 - 10/08/2012 04:29 PM

Hi !
If I want to try to take an overseas scholarship, what TOEFL test do I need ?
I want to take Exam preparation course in EF and they offer me 3 kinds of course.
The first one is for IBT, second is for ITP, and the third is for IELTS.
For IBT and IELTS, there is no test from there, but I have to set up myself a test from ETS.
For ITP, they will provide the test.
Is ITP TOEFL test can be used to apply for overseas scholarship ?
or do I have to take one of the others ?

Thanks ! D
.Ovie - 11/08/2012 11:15 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By cozmo07
Hi !
If I want to try to take an overseas scholarship, what TOEFL test do I need ?
I want to take Exam preparation course in EF and they offer me 3 kinds of course.
The first one is for IBT, second is for ITP, and the third is for IELTS.
For IBT and IELTS, there is no test from there, but I have to set up myself a test from ETS.
For ITP, they will provide the test.
Is ITP TOEFL test can be used to apply for overseas scholarship ?
or do I have to take one of the others ?

Thanks ! D

No, you can't use ITP TOEFL to apply for overseas study, because it's only prediction test.

But, I think you still can use it in some Asian countries, but for further information you must contact the university for clear answer.

If you wanna apply in English language countries, try IELTS, but if other, try TOEFL. But you still can use IELTS for other countries, except USA.

I wanna apply in European countries, and I take IELTS test.
dixons - 12/08/2012 02:50 PM

what is the best toefl preparation courses that i should take (Toefl PBT or Toefl IBT) for master degree scholarship. I plan for apply the scholarship like Fullbright, etc. The problem is 2 weeks ago i took the Toefl ITP test @Elti and i got the score 460.
I need some advice from you guys, where i have to take the best Toefl Preparation Courses (also Toefl PBT or IBT) to achieve my Toefl score > 550.

Regards..
Brijuk92 - 14/08/2012 04:13 PM

Hello guys,happy Ramadhan may you are fine \)
I want to share PDF TOEFL ITP textbook of ETS,for those of you who want to get it free,you can email it to me on [email]betetgoldbyzt@yahoo.com[/email] . FREE!! no charge. I hope you don't hesitate to give me the green cendol sincerely D Thanks
Page 7 of 9 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]