ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*
Total Views: 38199 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 1 of 217 |  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›

Orthanc - 27/12/2011 08:14 PM
[LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*
Hello and welcome to Kaskus English Forum (EFor)! The Center of English Language in Kaskus. cool:

As you may know, almost all forums and subforums in Kaskus have lounges, and here in ours we intend to dedicate it not just for fun, but also for you to train your confidence and increase your enthusiasm in English language. beer:

In this lounge, you can introduce yourselves and chat with other kaskusers in this forum, both old and new. D. Never be afraid to use English here whatever your level of fluency is, since we are all still learning. \)

You may share whatever interests you so as long as you follow the rules and FAQ of our forum: READ THEM HERE. Please take your time to understand them first before posting here \)

This lounge applies the policy of periodic post clearing. For more information on what this means, please read the following legacy of mod el_stup1do D (slightly modified o)

Quote:
Post Clearing
Quote:
Original Posted By el_stup1do
Once the thread reached a certain point, it will be deleted and a new thread will be created to take its place. There are several reason why the English Forum (EF) lounge needs to be cleared periodically:

1. Server load

It is has come our attention that a thread with many pages put significant amount of stress to the server. That is why there is an automatic thread closing system when it reaches 500 pages. Needless to say, lounge thread is the most active one in the English Forum. In lieu of that, we would like to contribute even more by clearing the lounge even before it reaching 500 pages.

2. Page Load time

Similarly, a thread with numerous page takes longer to load. Especially for users with slower Internet connection. Thus to be considerate to other users, English Forum lounge will be cleared periodically before the load time becomes too overbearing.

3. Consideration for new members

New members that just started participating in the lounge are often discouraged when they see the numerous posts before them especially since most of them are posts made by regulars. By clearing the thread, everyone will be in an even playing field and with a clean slate.

4. Thread Rejuvenation

Every now and then a thread will go into a slump where there's nothing to discuss and after a while things will get repetitive even up to the point of being boring. By clearing the thread, it will give it a new fresh energy and rejuvenate its participants.

5. Junk Posts

Last but definitely not last is as a deterrent for one liners and junkers. Although EFor has a strict rule on junking (and nobody hates them more than I do), the generic nature of the lounge makes it very hard to isolate such post. Thus the most effective method to address this problem is to clear the thread. This way, it doesn't matter if it is 1 or 100 junk posts they will all be nullified.

Further Notes:

The term "cleared" here is used interchangeably between creating a new replacement thread and deleting the old thread but in the end they both needs to be executed as one action to address the issues above. We should always look ahead on how to improve our next post while striving for the utmost quality and not dwell on what we have done in the past, whether it be glory or gory.

ZERO TOLERANCE will be given for Pertamax, Page One, Cendol please and all those other variation of junk posts in the lounge. Always strife to post something meaningful and always follow the golden rule: "If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post anything at all."

Added by orthanc due to frequent similar inquiries by many newbies: For specific English Grammar questions, please head to either of the following threads to get help:

https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=4340319
https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=3046291
https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=946348
Orthanc - 11/02/2012 09:20 AM

test case....
Ambrosiana - 11/02/2012 09:25 AM

Emergency bunker signed [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*
Ambrosiana - 11/02/2012 09:27 AM

Even dopost also happened here. Maybe moderators should consider to temporary close the Lounge, or our dwellers temporary stop having chat \(

Let's pray this synchronization wouldn't take longer time [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*
mr7 - 11/02/2012 09:33 AM

Hope everything's gonna be fine \) As soon as possible.
Orthanc - 11/02/2012 09:36 AM

gosh, even after you guys posted... the post counts don't move hammer:
Yukikawaii - 11/02/2012 09:37 AM

Emergency bunker?
I barely can post anything.
Orthanc - 11/02/2012 09:37 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Yukikawaii
Emergency bunker?

this thread also serves as a test place. well, that proves that sticky threads are having problem....
Yukikawaii - 11/02/2012 09:42 AM

I was here because Mod Orthanc asked me so.
Test-test...
Orthanc - 11/02/2012 09:46 AM

maybe you guys can try posting in the other sticky threads, just as a test.
mr7 - 11/02/2012 09:46 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Orthanc
this thread also serves as a test place. well, that proves that sticky threads are having problem....

Do you mean that the other unsticky threads have no any prroblem. How can be ? think:
Espada_Panthera - 11/02/2012 09:48 AM

Woah EFor's very own emergency bunker matabelo:
Orthanc - 11/02/2012 09:50 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By mr7
Do you mean that the other unsticky threads have no any prroblem. How can be ? think:

dunno, try posting in other sticky threads as well to see whether the same thing is going on.

Quote:
Original Posted By Espada_Panthera
Woah EFor's very own emergency bunker matabelo:

it's just an expression for the sake of entertainment during this grim moment D
Yukikawaii - 11/02/2012 09:54 AM

I was here because Mod Orthanc asked me so.
Test-test...
Yukikawaii - 11/02/2012 10:00 AM

Let's try post again.
Espada_Panthera - 11/02/2012 10:11 AM

Chea' let's spam the emergency bunker cool:
Ambrosiana - 11/02/2012 10:28 AM
News From Gossip King
:hn

For you who are wondering about this disturbance lately, I'll try to arrange a report based on information and gossip I found.

Difficulty in posting. This is happened because of synchronization between old Kaskus and New Kaskus. What is synchronization? Simply it can be explained that the programmers tried to create condition such: wherever you post, whether in Old Kaskus or New Kaskus, your post will appear in both Forum, also, the data found in old Kaskus can be found in New Kaskus too. It sounds simple, but in the practice, the effort cause huge load on server which caused "Kaskus overposting" and disturbance in some areas of the forum.

Last post doesn't show the real last post. This is happened because some people who have received invitation to New Kaskus were 'trapped'. They cannot post in Old Kaskus again, because they were re-directed to new Kaskus everytime they tried to post. The last post you see in the thread you've subscribed (or viewed from the Forum) shows last post from person who posted in Old Kaskus. If someone posted from new Kaskus, it can't be shown by Last Post sign, but the post appears in the thread.

Zombies (Auto banned ID who still could post). This is happened because the ID is banned in old Kaskus, but not in New Kaskus. So, the ID owner (if he/she has received invitation from new Kaskus) just have to post in New Kaskus. Their post will appear in this Old Kaskus, with that Autobanned tag.

Wait for the next updated news from Gossip King [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*

KLanese - 11/02/2012 10:38 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Yukikawaii
Emergency bunker?

no wonder...since yesterday bingung:

Quote:
Original Posted By Orthanc

theoretically they are. what seems to be the problem bro mod orthanc?

Quote:
Original Posted By Ambrosiana
:hn

For you who are wondering about this disturbance lately, I'll try to arrange a report based on information and gossip I found.

Difficulty in posting. This is happened because of synchronization between old Kaskus and New Kaskus. What is synchronization? Simply it can be explained that the programmers tried to create condition such: wherever you post, whether in Old Kaskus or New Kaskus, your post will appear in both Forum, also, the data found in old Kaskus can be found in New Kaskus too. It sounds simple, but in the practice, the effort cause huge load on server which caused "Kaskus overposting" and disturbance in some areas of the forum.

Last post doesn't show the real last post. This is happened because some people who have received invitation to New Kaskus were 'trapped'. They cannot post in Old Kaskus again, because they were re-directed to new Kaskus everytime they tried to post. The last post you see in the thread you've subscribed (or viewed from the Forum) shows last post from person who posted in Old Kaskus. If someone posted from new Kaskus, it can't be shown by Last Post sign, but the post appears in the thread.

Zombies (Auto banned ID who still could post). This is happened because the ID is banned in old Kaskus, but not in New Kaskus. So, the ID owner (if he/she has received invitation from new Kaskus) just have to post in New Kaskus. Their post will appear in this Old Kaskus, with that Autobanned tag.

Wait for the next updated news from Gossip King [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*

well, and almost all my PMs suddenly migrated to visitor messages. dammit! D
lucky me recognize this unusual phenomenon before I was definitely successful in humiliating myself Peace:

Quote:
Original Posted By Espada_Panthera
Chea' let's spam the emergency bunker cool:

don't ever think about that without me army:
geniusdexter - 11/02/2012 11:09 AM

The monster of maintenance of kaskus hath attacked, and destroyed our homeland. And here I, geniusdexter of E-for, shall stand, waiting for the legendary tale of the rise of E-for to come true. Legend sayeth that E-for will rise again, and those who build it from scratch will be regarded as heroes. And from this day henceforth, my sons and daugther, my brothers and sisters, and my beloved guardians of E-for, we......shall wait.

*epic music plays*
Espada_Panthera - 11/02/2012 01:06 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By geniusdexter
The monster of maintenance of kaskus hath attacked, and destroyed our homeland. And here I, geniusdexter of E-for, shall stand, waiting for the legendary tale of the rise of E-for to come true. Legend sayeth that E-for will rise again, and those who build it from scratch will be regarded as heroes. And from this day henceforth, my sons and daugther, my brothers and sisters, and my beloved guardians of E-for, we......shall wait.

*epic music plays*

*Dex's mom comes and shuts down the computer*
*power off*

The legend of EFor defender, geniusdexter, is over.
rest in peace. rose:
Page 1 of 217 |  1 2 3 4 5 6 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > [LOUNGE] English Forum Chat Center *cleared periodically, read the first page*