English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Since When Did You Learn English? Share Your Story Here!
Total Views: 1373 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 4 of 5 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 > 

Novandru98 - 12/07/2012 11:25 PM

Hello my fine friends !

I'm not really good at speaking english
but I want to share my stories with you

The first time I learnt english was when I was just in kindergarten
I think it's around age 5

I have an english teacher, she once live in Australia
I got really troubled when I learnt it

But my friends give me some motivation
He taught me kindly
I was able to speak english

Although I am not really good at speaking english
but I want to speak english more often
to make my english better

Thanks, my dear friends :toast
pein666 - 13/07/2012 11:39 PM

The first time I fell in love with English was when I was about seven years old. My Dad bought me an English book with some funny pictures in it.
Then I watched Sesame Street (not the Indonesian language dubbed version), I became more and more interested in English. So I joined some English courses during my junior and senior high school years. I continued to study English at a university in Bandung and graduated after 4.5 years. I was getting better in English, but the problem was I never spoke in English. So that was when I got a chance to teach at an English course in Bandung where I had to speak in English when teaching. It was a struggle for me since I never spoke in English before. But thank God I was able to hone my skill. The hardship I got from preparing the lesson plan before teaching, facing different kinds of students, worth my time. Yesterday I got an interview to take a postgraduate program in Bandung, and I just realized how I become more comfortable speaking in English. \)
AMTechnologiess - 14/07/2012 12:01 PM

since i am able to speak since my family are english speaking pple
PemburuRP - 14/07/2012 11:46 PM

ehm...let me try to share my stories:

I have three times learnt English
first, When I was in Senior High School 1995...so lateeeee :mewek:....

than, when I was in College, 1998...not helpful hammer:.

last, in year 2008...berbusa: I need to improve my speaking, because I had been working in foreign company...
malu: I fell in love with my instructor cds:

till tday, still have problem to speak in English bata
jk0w - 17/07/2012 01:46 AM

basic question..

i have been studying english for 15 years.. but not seriously.. when i was elementary, its first introduction about english language. but i hate..ckckc..
some people told me that for gain ur english more bether than ever, u should go abroad.. maybe some people think that this way is true...
jk0w - 17/07/2012 01:52 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By pein666
The first time I fell in love with English was when I was about seven years old. My Dad bought me an English book with some funny pictures in it.
Then I watched Sesame Street (not the Indonesian language dubbed version), I became more and more interested in English. So I joined some English courses during my junior and senior high school years. I continued to study English at a university in Bandung and graduated after 4.5 years. I was getting better in English, but the problem was I never spoke in English. So that was when I got a chance to teach at an English course in Bandung where I had to speak in English when teaching. It was a struggle for me since I never spoke in English before. But thank God I was able to hone my skill. The hardship I got from preparing the lesson plan before teaching, facing different kinds of students, worth my time. Yesterday I got an interview to take a postgraduate program in Bandung, and I just realized how I become more comfortable speaking in English. \)

probably u got talent from god to able fluent and love english.. and not all people like this.. for me, actualy first i hate english..but as need as urgent.. i should commond good in english.. and now i still practice...hhuhuhu
Setipenk.exe - 17/07/2012 10:26 PM

hehehe , just from ending of film ,,
"THE END" . i always say.. until i know what the meaning ,, i know from my sister she tell me ,, i'm just \) hear the meaning ,
it is fisrt time i know ,, about english ..

_YNWA_

lawliett1989 - 17/07/2012 10:28 PM

Hahaha, I learned english since elementary school. However, my english did not increased well. I think it because of my environment did not encourage me to improve my english. iloveindonesias
vRei - 19/07/2012 08:40 PM

First time learning English is when elementary i think. That time when i transfer to a new school due my Grandmother. The school i enrolled are speaking English almost all the time nohope: so there i was, sitting on my classroom while trying to understand whatever the teacher are explaining. Cause i need to survive on that environment, i when to ask Google about stuff. I started study English from Manga, Novel, Anime, and English sub's video, which caught my attention. Then, finally i am here, understand English while trying to improve grammar D
dariusss - 20/07/2012 11:28 AM

I learn English since my teacher gave me the second homework in Junior High School... She was very angry when I wasn't give my first homework, so I did done my second home work...but not the third and the other...finally she got cry...and I feel so bad...then I really start to learn English...still never have a very serious lesson...but, I wanna try it sometimes.
Now, I had business with foreign peoples...from many country... I had some business trip and visit them on their countries...and realized that she was very helpful...
I will say thanks if I meet her next time... D
bubblebumble - 20/07/2012 02:02 PM

i learn it when i was young...it just happen naturally.
i didn't remember when, but my sister usually played western music or movie, so i also watched it with my sister...
english become very close with me because my father is english teacher too, but i don't know, i think i need a lot of practice because i'm still confuse in grammar and tenses. berduka

Posted with [color=orange]kaskusBetaQR[/color]
hazeldf - 20/07/2012 05:58 PM

I did not know exactly when I learn english :|
But I'm sure it is on 3rd Grade in Elementary School D
OgawaKun - 22/07/2012 04:57 PM

i learned english since i was in elementary school ,maybe it was 11 years ago..
in that time , i actually not really understand about english because i wasn't really like it..
but when i got to high school , i began to like english because i thought english is so fun and it was very important if we want to applying for a job ..
sorry for bad grammar..Yb
hprasetyono - 22/07/2012 05:25 PM

I have learned English since I was in Junior High School. I got English lesson at school.
nosides07 - 26/07/2012 02:45 PM

Somehow I think that the polling answer choices force us to pick "I'm still learning...." It's the most reasonable one to pick haha..

Anyway I learned English since primary schools. We used to have native teachers and full day english class.
qisatria - 26/07/2012 03:30 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By LiquidSteel

what an interesting story :thumbup
u have strong english background, i hope i could be an exchange student too
would you like to share us your story when you were an exchange student? :matabelo
well, i'd really like to know

thanks D
i hope you could be an exchange student too \) it's a ton of fun.

well I wrote some of the stories on my blog. just check qistinasatriavi.blogspot.com and I need to write the story more. anyway I just lucky at that time p
pandaboo - 28/07/2012 12:41 PM

As for me... Videogaming!
Back then, i was still a noob when it came to playing videogames and stuffs. Aaand, when i played an rpg game for the first time, i got curious with the story, so everytime there was a scene or sentences that i didn't understand, i would open my dictionary so i could know the meaning of the words. And i still do that till now. Haha.
I'm good at translating stuffs, but grammar... I still suck big time.
george_phantom - 16/08/2012 10:48 AM

Officially, I have learn english from the elementary school. My father usually bought me English comic or daily vocabulary books. He sometimes talk english to me in every occasions, and it was embarrased me.

Hahaha.. I miss him so much.
:sorry
elangyudantoro - 22/08/2012 09:10 PM
Since When Did You Learn English? Share Your Story Here!
I think I have a quite-the-same story, here with pein666.
I started learning English since I was on the 6th grade of primary school,
before, I used to watch Sesame Street on TV and I think it was kinda motivating.
Then before I contibued my study to junior high, I started learning English in an English course for about three years.
After Senior high, I continued my study to English Department in a public university at Rawamangun. I feel my English skills is dramatically increasing there at university.

Nice thread, anyway, so we can share our stories.

Quote:
Original Posted By pein666

malteses - 26/08/2012 11:24 AM

I learn grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation from the youngest age.. give or take, maybe when i'm around 4 years old..

The ironic part was I learn all of those by watching international channels for kids without a subtitle. That way I know some of the common used slangs out there, 'teenage' grammar, the correct pronunciation, etc etc, so I understand and speak more fluently.

And, hey, after about 10 years drilling the same thing over and over again (this time, I read ALOT english novel fiction/non-fiction to improve spelling and advanced vocabulary) long story short, I think I'm pretty decent ilovekaskuss
Page 4 of 5 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Since When Did You Learn English? Share Your Story Here!