English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Since When Did You Learn English? Share Your Story Here!
Total Views: 1373 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 5 |  < 1 2 3 4 5

Torpedo_Joe - 26/08/2012 04:31 PM

I don't know whether this is story or accident
but I'm trying to learn english since my english teacher at elementary school judge me as a fool so I decided to learn learn and learn english autodidact
not from book nor dictionary, only from game and movies (I don't really like reading hammer\)

so that's my story, what's yours ?
this.life - 01/09/2012 12:36 PM

It started when my first grade at Junior High when some of my friends learned english outside school (english course) before they got to first grade and I didn't even know what "to be" was.

They were busy discussed about "should we put to be to this sentense or not?" and I was like "what the hell does you guys talking about?"

And end up finished Junior High as 'a boy who know english better than others' malu

I like english song... I wasted my time to translate some english pop song that time so I knew what that guys singing about. And yes... using some english to flirt with girls (funny right, I mean c'mon you're even too young to be in puberty)

So I just like english, thinking in english makes me improve without some formal education.
inyourside - 01/09/2012 05:48 PM

i don't remember for sure since when i learn english
maybe since i 7 years old in english course and i it's just briefly
and i learn from every rap song and i love that
but that's grammar prefer to slang american language
and i like a niggaz mutha fuckaaa yeaa
don't give a shit dude
RudynChelsea - 03/09/2012 02:20 PM

I've been learning English since school but at that time I was very difficult and lazy to learn English if complicated, and prefer to ignore but now I realize English is in need, and from now on I want to hone my english,
and than guide me to learn english in here my lovely forum kaskus ilovekaskus beer:
andinoo - 09/09/2012 11:43 AM
My experience in english
I have been knew english since i am grade 3 of elementary school, and it is the first time my school give the english lesson. My teacher told me to bring a dictionary everytime learn english lesson. Due i very like playing games on playstation, i very passionate to learn english because mostly of conversation is in english language so inevitably i must learn it to understand its language. Unfortunately, until now i bad in grammar, but i good in vocabulary. So, from now i'll learn grammar to make my english better.
Correct me if i have wrong sentence. ilovekaskuss
rekbercemprut - 09/09/2012 04:13 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By topx666
i know english at the first time when i read the made in china on the key on my home's door, and i spell it exactly "made in china". ngakaks

that's hilarious gans ngakak
nice share gans
i have not story D
ellilo - 11/09/2012 02:46 PM

i don't know since when, but i remmember someone buy a poster with animal picture in there with indonesia and english name of their animal

so the first english word i know is Lion and the other animal in that poster.

1st post in this forum, sorry for bad grammar p
kadutha - 15/09/2012 02:50 PM

hello everybody D

well, i learn english when i was 7 or 8 when my uncle gave me a sony playstation from japan. since then, i was so addicted playing that console :games

but because of that, i started to learn the english language little by little. because i often play the RPG games, which is many texts come out from the character's dialogue. i started to look the word i didn't understand in the dictionary, sometimes i just guess the meaning of the word (haha) but it's really effective. and i was known for my english skill at the school because of that ngakak

i'm glad that i've met with the playstation and all of its game (especially the english languange games) that now i can speak and write in english although i'm still learning to perfect my english skill, especially for the academic requirements in the college hehe.

well, i think learning english from the video game is very fun and entertaining :thumbup

so that's my story, sorry if there's anything wrong with my grammar and writing. hope that "agan agan" in here can guide me to perfect my english skill malus
Indra.WP - 15/09/2012 03:23 PM

English? Hmm it was firstly when i'm on my 4th Grade D
And yes, i'm suck at english, but as the time passed i learnt a lot
yoshuayasmin - 17/09/2012 10:57 PM

Never really learned it. It sort of developed itself naturally, as both my parents took a major in English Language Education while they were at a private uni in Surabaya.

As far as I can remember, I simply got exposed to a lot of English when I was a little kid.
hari23 - 18/09/2012 10:12 PM

I was insterested in english when I was in middle school, but I don't give any attention to learn more, I just enjoyed to listen western music such as westlife, BSB, Savage Garden on MTV. I thought only Understanding some english without making any improvement, it was enough to me.
Until one day, I was graduated from University last year, I realizes that english is really important to looking for a job. I failed to get any job that I desired because I was lack in english, more over my toefl score wasn't good enough to apply for any position in some company. I felt so full of regret why didn't I learn english early ?.Now, I'm still learning english so hard. Hopefully I can speak and write english properlly.
leeyeonji - 19/09/2012 09:54 PM

Hi, Im learning english since elementary school
Im quite bad at grammar, I guess
Im quite good with listening or reading test at my school
But I always got a bad score with the grammar test \(
ZaboenK - 20/09/2012 01:19 AM
ndermte represent
i knew and was introduced since elementary, but just like mas Hary, i didn't pay attention, then when i was at PonPes i started to realize that it's fun, sometimes i feel a little bored, though. every evening about 5pm we were obligated to memorize at least 10 vocabularies, yeah that would be so hard if we didn't enjoy the study. Moved to Junior High School, i started to interest of listening music on MTV, i bought a cassette of the most popular songs compilation luckyly all song's lyric was printed on the cover, made me more enjoying to learn english.
hantulahya - 25/09/2012 04:10 PM

of course, i still learn english everyday, because i want get western girl. hehe
hantulahya - 26/09/2012 09:51 AM

hi friend. i learn english for someone, i want to be the best for his..
i learn english everyday. i reading the stories and writing english in this forum.
thx kaskus.
dyasdyoos - 09/10/2012 12:08 AM

I start love english when I was second grade of junior high school.
And now I'm college student, that's really help. but my english seems need to improve and learn again and again
maneduli30 - 10/10/2012 09:31 PM

My story in learning English? Well, I know English since elementary school, I don’t remember since what grade, but it was one of available lesson.

Anyway, at first I find English was very boring and I hate them, I never get any good result. I even think that learning English was pointless and annoying capedes. But then, in junior high school, my mind change. Want to know why? Well, since you bother yourself to read this post up to this point I’ll assume you do. Even if you not, this is my post after all p

What make me started to like English? The answer is simple. Game.
Yup, you read it right, it was because of game, PS one game, Final Fantasy 8.

Simply, it because I got stuck playing that game. Since I don’t know just where my next destination is and no walkthrough to use. Unwilling to gave up, I started to bring a dictionary as I played. Yeah, it took hell lots of time until I finally able to finish that game, but I did it and it was worth it. kisss

Thanks to that, I started to find English interesting, I started to want to know more, to learn more. So I began to read, write, talk, and listen in English. Fortunately internet had been really helpful for me, I get many media to learn from. iloveindonesias

Of course, there are some difficulties, like grammar and tenses, ugh, I still had problem with them until now, but I don’t hate them and I keep on learning. From then onward, my principle is one : “Fun Learning.” Transform learning process into something fun, something you’ll enjoy, so it will be much more effective. kisss
minejas - 11/10/2012 08:17 PM

Hello, this is my story
at first I think english is so hard, but I like to play game with english langguage so many noun,verb,grammar I have learned from game. But now I fell weak with english, because I don't practice in my environment, my english become bad. I school at international school but I think it doesn't affect to my english skill. My exam going bad, I understand text in english but my problem is in grammar,tenses , its my story.
dopby - 13/10/2012 04:18 PM

from sitting on the bench sma and now I take college English majors
Page 5 of 5 |  < 1 2 3 4 5
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Since When Did You Learn English? Share Your Story Here!