Soccer & Futsal Room
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Soccer & Futsal Room > Neil Warnock's LEEDS UNITED 2012/2013 "BATES OUT"
Total Views: 1934 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 2 of 7 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > 

CountryLUFC - 03/09/2012 07:16 PM

WALTERS TREBLE SEES OFF WIGAN
03 Sep 2012

Quote:
Lewis hits hat-trick in under-18 success...
Neil Warnock's LEEDS UNITED 2012/2013 "BATES OUT"

In-form under-18s marksman Lewis Walters hit a hat-trick on Saturday to secure Richard Naylor's team a thrilling victory at Wigan Athletic.

The youngsters twice surrendered the lead in the contest, but managed to secure a 4-3 success to maintain their fine start to the season.

Skipper Alex Mowatt had opened the scoring after good work by Chris Dawson before the home side equalised with a strike from distance.

Walters restored the advantage with a good individual goal, but Wigan again hit back to level on the stroke of half-time with a free header from a corner.

But, our youngsters started the second half on the front foot and Walters netted twice more to complete his hat-trick and take his tally to five in the opening three games.

There was still time for Wigan to reduce the deficit to 4-3, courtesy of another header, and there was a nervy final 10 minutes, but the under-18s held firm to clock up their second away win of the season.

United: Dixon, Coyle, Tiesse, Skelton, Coker, Mowatt, Denton (Roper), Purver, Dawson, Walters (Stokes), Parkin (Amiri).

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 03/09/2012 07:18 PM

BITTER SWEET AFTERNOON FOR BOSS
03 Sep 2012

Quote:
Neil Warnock's Blackburn verdict...

United manager Neil Warnock was left reflecting on a bitter sweet afternoon after the 3-3 draw with Blackburn Rovers.

United came from 2-0 down after half-an-hour to go 3-2 in front - Jason Pearce had a fourth goal disallowed - but the visitors snatched a point at the death after a controversial free-kick was finished off inside the Leeds box.

"I was disappointed to be in that situation at the end," said the United boss.

"I used the phrase that Shankly always said 'referees know the laws, but they don't always know the game…' I think if he had been educated in the game it was an obvious foul on Tom Lees. And after all that effort it was disappointing.

"We also had the lad who kicked the ball away in the first half and doesn't get sent off, but rules are rules. I was disappointed, but it was a cracking game and to come back from 2-0 when we were written off, we showed a lot of guts.

"We had a lot of good chances in the second half, even at 2-2. Murphy was in the right place to clear off the line from Becchio, but I can't fault them, it was a great shift. And it would have been the headlines if Dioufy had scored with the last kick of the match to win us the game."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 03/09/2012 07:19 PM

THE WELCOME SEALED THE DEAL - EHD
03 Sep 2012

Quote:
El-Hadji Diouf's delight at Leeds stay...

El-Hadji Diouf admits the welcome he has received at Elland Road was the deal clincher in him pledging his short-term future to the club.

The Senegalese international signed a contract until January after Saturday's 3-3 draw with Blackburn, a game that saw him score his first Leeds goal, and play a pivotal part in a storming comeback.

"I feel great because I'm happy to sign for one of the biggest teams in England and in the world," said El-Hadji.

"I'm happy and my family are happy. Saturday was the first time they have been to a game here and the atmosphere was wonderful.

"I couldn't have expected a welcome like this. I have to say thank-you to the crowd and the fans and everyone connected with the club.

"The manager is the biggest thing as well. When he called me I couldn't believe it because of the past, but we share the same ambition - to help Leeds into the Premier League.

"If you imagine that we are in the Premier League next season it would be amazing and wonderful.

El-Hadji started the comeback on Saturday when his first goal in a Leeds shirt reduced the arrears to 2-1. The goal turned the contest around and it took a late, late leveler from the visitors to snatch a point from an entertaining clash.

"You thought you were watching a Premier League game. We have a good squad, a good team, and we just need to keep going," he said.

"We had to be happy coming from 2-0 down and it was a wonderful game. We showed a lot of character. People said this team wouldn't have come back last year, but there was a lot of character.

"People say we can finish in the top-six, why not the top-two?"

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 04/09/2012 07:59 PM

RAMON WAITING TO HEAR EXTENT OF INJURY
04 Sep 2012

Quote:
Striker being assessed after Wigan game...

The severity of Ramon Nunez's knee injury is being assessed in the wake of Monday's Development Squad clash with Wigan at Elland Road.

Ramon played less than 15 minutes of the game before suffering the knee injury after going to ground while in full flight with the ball.

The Honduran was stretchered from the field after appearing to be in great pain, and he is now being assessed.

Under-21s coach Neil Redfearn said: "It didn't look good and when a player goes down like that your initial reaction is that it could be a long-term.

"If that's the case it's a shame for him, but he will be assessed as to what the extent is before we find out."

The striker was placed on the transfer list by manager Neil Warnock at the end of last season, but has featured as an overage player in the Development Squad matches this term.

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 06/09/2012 05:35 PM

TIME TO RE-CHARGE IN READINESS
06 Sep 2012

Quote:
Assistant manager Mick Jones on the break...

The United players not on international duty this weekend will enjoy a rare few days off before the countdown to Cardiff City starts in earnest on Monday.

United head for the Welsh capital looking to maintain a fine start to the season, and assistant manager Mick Jones is hoping the team can continue to let the momentum build.

"The players trained really for a couple of days this week and then they have a break before we get ready for the Cardiff game," said Mick.

"If you have some momentum going you don't really want a break, but it is what it is and we have to use it to our own advantage.

"From a personal point of view this is some league. I think it's the best in the world. At this moment in time 18 teams can win it and you can't say that about any other league in this world."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 07/09/2012 09:29 PM

NORRIS INJURY BLOW
07 Sep 2012

Quote:
Midfielder out for up to a month...

Leeds United midfielder David Norris could be out for up to a month with a thigh injury.

Despite playing the full 90 minutes the 31 year old picked up the problem during last weekends 3-3 draw with Blackburn at Elland Road.

Manager Neil Warnock said "It's another blow and I'm really disappointed for him. He's had a great start to the season."

"He'll be looking at three to four weeks so it's not long-term but we've already lost Paul Green and we've got Michael Brown struggling with a hamstring strain. We're looking thin in that area now."

Norris has started and finished all four of the Whites league games so far this season striking up a partnership with fellow new signing Rodolph Austin.

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 10/09/2012 08:02 PM

RODOLPH FLIES THE FLAG FOR INTERNATIONALS
10 Sep 2012

Quote:
Stars prepare for round two...

Leeds United's international stars are preparing for round two of a demanding schedule with the latest set of matches due to take place on Monday and Tuesday.

The first round of games proved a mixed experience for our players with only Jamaican international Rodolph Austin enjoying any real joy.

Rodolph scored for the Reggae Boyz in their history-making 2-1 success against the USA in a World Cup qualifier. Jamaica's other goal came courtesy of Luton Shelton, another player who was once signed by Neil Warnock, during his time as Sheffield United manager.

Rodolph's goal was his fifth for his country and was their first from a free-kick in over 12 months. The midfielder drew plenty of plaudits for his performance in what was heralded as a famous victory for Jamaica. They now face the USA again this week.

Ross McCormack was an unused substitute as Scotland drew with Serbia at Hampden Park, and Aidy White's Republic of Ireland under-21 side were left disappointed after their hopes of qualifying for the UEFA Under-21 championships were ended in Hungary.

Scotland now face Macedonia at Hampden while the Republic finish their qualifying campaign with a trip to Italy on Monday. Under-21 boss Noel King has said he will make a number of changes for the game.

Late call-up Tom Lees played no part as England under-21s won 2-0 in Azerbaijan and they are in action against Norway on Monday.

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 10/09/2012 08:03 PM

BOSS WAITS ON LOAN APPROACH ANSWERS
10 Sep 2012

Quote:
Loan signing set to come in...

United manager Neil Warnock will venture into the loan market this week as he looks to beef up his squad for Saturday's trip to Cardiff City.

United will head for Wales without the services of midfield duo Paul Green and David Norris while Michael Brown is also nursing a hamstring injury.

The boss has spoken of his reluctance to use the loan market, but says needs must this week as he looks to strengthen his midfield area.

"We're going to have to use it sensibly," said the boss. "If we lose two or three we'll have to do it, and that's what we're looking to do.

"We've asked about a couple of midfield players and we should know early this week because we need someone in there. We're looking at what there is around.

"Rodolph Austin is also away this week and will have had two games to play so we're hoping he comes back okay. He won't be back until Friday and it is horrific when they have all that traveling to do."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 12/09/2012 06:07 PM

RODOLPH AND ROSS RETURN FROM DUTY
12 Sep 2012

Quote:
Duo set to come back to the fold...

Rodolph Austin will begin the journey back to the UK today in readiness for Saturday's trip to Cardiff City.

Rodolph was part of the Jamaica side which lost 1-0 to the United States on Tuesday as honours ended even after a World Cup Qualifying double header against the Americans.

Rodolph was among the goalscorers on Friday as Jamaica beat the USA and the two sides now share top spot in the qualifying group, along with Guatemala, although Jamaica trail their rivals on goal difference.

United manager Neil Warnock is now hoping Rodolph will return in good shape after the lengthy trip back from international duty.

Facing a much shorter return journey is Ross McCormack, who returns from Scotland duty.

Ross was again an unused substitute as Scotland drew with Macedonia at Hampden Park. It was the Scots second successive draw to open up their qualifying campaign.

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 13/09/2012 07:07 PM

GROUNDED TOM'S AMAZING EXPERIENCE
13 Sep 2012

Quote:
Tom Lees on his England under-21 call...

Wales and Cardiff City is the focus for England's newest under-21 international after Tom Lees returned to the Leeds United training ground.

Tom made his under-21 debut against Norway on Monday evening after being drafted into Stuart Pearce's squad as a late call-up last week. He met the squad at their Burton base on Friday, and admits he enjoyed every minute of the experience.

"It's been really good," said Tom. "It was a bit surreal. I got a call on Wednesday and was down there on Friday. It was a good experience to train and be around some of the countries best players.

"Being coached by Stuart Pearce and his team was really good, and being around some great talent was a great experience. Getting the cap just topped it off so I was delighted."

Tom had reported for training at Thorp Arch as usual last Wednesday and, like his team-mates, was expecting a couple of days off in readiness for a big month ahead.

"We'd just come into training and with no game would have had a few days off, then I was told I'd been called up," he explained. "I was over the moon. I didn't see it coming. St Georges Park is unbelievable with the facilities and the grounds. It was an amazing experience.

"If it never happens again I can say I have been there and won cap. It's good to take yourself out of your comfort zone and it was a big deal. A lot of the players are at top clubs and have cost a lot of money.

"When you're pushed out of your comfort zone it improves you as a player and a person and I was meeting a lot of new people and seeing how they do things. They're playing in the Premier League for a reason and it was fantastic being there."

The call-up capped an amazing year for Tom. After two successive seasons on loan he started last term in the first team at Elland Road and was a near ever present. He has signed two new contracts with the club over the same period and was named the club's Young Player of the Year.

"It's been a good last 12 months and has been different to going out on loan," he said. I wouldn't change anything though because it gives you a different perspective and you learn not to forget the important things.

"You can get carried away but I think back to my loans and it keeps your feet on the ground. I wouldn't change it and now I've got to make sure I don't stand still and keep learning off the manager at Leeds.

"I won't be getting carried away. If you're playing well for your club they will pick you, and my attention is at Leeds, as it always has been, and I'm ready for Cardiff now. My goal is to get in the next squad and to do that I have to play well for Leeds."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 13/09/2012 09:47 PM

MIDFIELDER SIGNS UP IN LOAN DEAL
13 Sep 2012

Quote:
Michael Tonge joins United on loan...

Leeds United have signed Stoke City midfielder Michael Tonge on loan until December.

The 29-year-old completed the move on Thursday morning and trained with his new team-mates for the first time ahead of Saturday's trip to Cardiff City.

Michael is well known to manager Neil Warnock with the midfielder having made over 300 appearances for Sheffield United, the majority coming under the current Leeds boss.

He joined Premier League Stoke in 2008 and has played in the UEFA Cup for the Potters.

"There's a number of players I've been looking at with the injuries we have," said the boss. "It was vital we did something in time for Cardiff.

"Michael hasn't been involved with the first team, but he's played some under-21 games so he's fit. He knows how I play, I don't have to explain things, and he'll fit in well with what we have here.

"A loan had to be someone we wanted and Michael fits the category and I think he'll fit in well. He's desperate to do well. I like that, and I like him as a person. He gives us that passing ability we maybe don't have and he'll fit in well.

"It's about fitting the ingredients and he's in the Norris/Green mould which is what we want. He's excited and couldn't wait to get started.

"There was a lot of names bandied about, but I said we would wait for him so I'm pleased."

LUFC

michael tonge..D
semoga ada pemain lain yang bakal bergabung..D
CountryLUFC - 13/09/2012 11:11 PM

DUO MAKE INJURY PROGRESS...
13 Sep 2012

Quote:
...but Nunez set for long-term absence...

United boss Neil Warnock says his two senior players recovering from injury are both making good progress - but he has all-but ruled out Ramon Nunez from playing again this season.

Paul Green (knee) and David Norris (thigh) are both ruled out of first team action, but the manager is hoping the latter will be back after the next international break.

"It'll be two or three weeks for Norris and maybe five for Green," said the boss. "But I always add another couple on. They're both making good progress though.

"If you take into account the international break, David should be back after then. Hopefully he'll have to fight for his place when he comes back."

Nunez hasn't figured this season and was placed on the transfer list in the summer, but a knee injury sustained in an under-21s fixture last week could see him ruled out for the entire campaign.

"They're talking probably the season," added the boss. "He's not been in my plans and he wasn't going to be, but it's still disappointing for him, and for us."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 14/09/2012 07:34 PM

OLD FACES WELCOME MICHAEL ABOARD
13 Sep 2012

Quote:
Loan man raring to go with United...

New loan signing Michael Tonge walked into a dressing room packed with familiar faces when he arrived at Thorp Arch on Thursday morning.

The former Sheffield United midfielder, who has joined from Stoke City in a loan that will see him stay until December, has played with a number of the United squad previously, and also knows manager Neil Warnock well from his time at Bramall Lane.

"It makes it easier when you know the manager because he knows what sort of player you are," said Michael. "It'll make it easiest to settle in. I'd have jumped at the chance to come here whatever, but with the gaffer I had no hesitation.

"We had a lot of good seasons at Sheff United and I enjoyed working under him. If you play for him you do enjoy it. That's the case with a lot of the lads and why a lot do want to play for him.

"It's been a few years since I worked with the gaffer but it feels like two minutes once you slip back into it.

"I know a few of the lads here as well. I know Paddy, Browny, Pughy from Stoke, and Paul Green from when I was at Derby. It's always easier if you know people. From what everyone says it's a good group and you can see the spirit between them. That will take them team a long way."

The move gives Michael the opportunity to kick-start his career after a frustrating time at Stoke. The 29-year-old hasn't been involved with the first team this season, but is more than up for the challenge of playing his part at Leeds.

"I've not played first team football this year but if you're not playing they keep you fit!" he said. "I'm as fit as you can be, and I need to play. I went out on loan last season and didn't play as much as I wanted to.

"At this time of my career I need to play as much as I can, and I'll work hard and try and force my way into the team. There's some really good players so it isn't going to be easy, but I have to do as well as I can. When the injured players come back, it bodes well for good competition in the squad.

"I'm in my last year at Stoke and obviously I'm going to be moving at some point so this is an opportunity to show myself and play at this level. I just need to get playing and enjoying my football because training and not playing at the end of the week isn't good."

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 14/09/2012 07:35 PM

AIMING TO END (NEARLY) 30 YEARS OF HURT
14 Sep 2012

Quote:
United looking for Welsh success...

Leeds United will head for Cardiff City on Saturday aiming to end for a first win in almost three decades.

Leeds fans have to look back to 1984 for our last success in the Welsh capital and the Principality hasn't proved the happiest of hunting grounds in recent years.

Cardiff, beaten Play-Off semi-finalists last season, have again started among the favourites to escape the Championship, and Malky Mackay's side have won both their home games so far.

"They have some good players," said United boss Neil Warnock.

"They have a lot who I've had and been after, the likes of Hudson, Connolly, Helguson and Smith.

"Good luck to Malky. He's spent his money. You don't win games on paper though and we've got a good shout. With a following like we have you go to win games, besides I'm not sure some of my lads know how to play for a point. That's never been me either."

United will be backed by a following of around 1750 at Cardiff on Saturday.

LUFC
noelsasaki - 14/09/2012 07:48 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By CountryLUFC
MIDFIELDER SIGNS UP IN LOAN DEAL
13 Sep 2012

michael tonge..D
semoga ada pemain lain yang bakal bergabung..D

udah lama ga main dimari
baru Tonge nih, kabar Jenas gimana gan?
malah rumornya Leeds mau pinjem Neill Danns dan kontrak James mcFadden nih matabelo:
CountryLUFC - 15/09/2012 01:16 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By noelsasaki
udah lama ga main dimari
baru Tonge nih, kabar Jenas gimana gan?
malah rumornya Leeds mau pinjem Neill Danns dan kontrak James mcFadden nih matabelo:

kemana aja gan??
semakin sepi dimari..D

jenas kemungkinan gak jadi karena gajinya yang terlalu tinggi,,danns juga sepertinya gak jadi..D
nanti malam lawan cardiff semoga tonge bisa main bagus,,stok gelandang makin tipis aja,,semoga bakal ada pemain lain yang datang..capedes
CountryLUFC - 15/09/2012 01:17 PM

BOSS CONSIDERS MIDFIELD OPTIONS
14 Sep 2012

Quote:
United boss selecting for Cardiff...

United boss Neil Warnock will be weighing up his selection options for Saturday's trip to Cardiff City.

With central midfielder David Norris (thigh) ruled out through injury, new loan recruit Michael Tonge will come into the reckoning to make his debut in Wales.

Michael Brown is also expected to be fit again after injury while fellow midfielder Rodolph Austin has returned from international duty with Jamaica. Ross McCormack, Aidy White, and Tom Lees all trained on Thursday after their international calls.

"Browny trained with us on Thursday and he should be okay," said the manager.

"Rudy is back and the journey will have shattered him. He needs some rest, but he's a naturally fit lad and I'm sure with another 24 hours he'll okay."

Paul Green is still sidelined with a knee injury, but the boss has reported no new injury worries ahead of the game.

LUFC
CountryLUFC - 15/09/2012 01:23 PM

Quote:
[CENTER]Sabtu, 15 September 2012

21.00 WIB

[/CENTER]
[CODE]Yorkshire Radio:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ustream-leeds
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/leedsleedsleeds
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mighty-whites[/CODE]

[CODE]TV:

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/watch/73635/1/cardiff-city-vs-leeds-united-live-stream-online.html
http://www.ilemi.bz/35322/1/Watch-Cardiff-City-vs-Leeds-United/
http://www.ilemi.bz/35323/2/Watch-Cardiff-City-vs-Leeds-United/
http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=170315&part=sports[/CODE]
noelsasaki - 15/09/2012 02:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By CountryLUFC

kemana aja gan??
semakin sepi dimari..D

jenas kemungkinan gak jadi karena gajinya yang terlalu tinggi,,danns juga sepertinya gak jadi..D
nanti malam lawan cardiff semoga tonge bisa main bagus,,stok gelandang makin tipis aja,,semoga bakal ada pemain lain yang datang..capedes

sibuk TA malus

sbnrny ga tlalu tipis kalo cedera Green ga sampe 6 bulan, jgn sampe kyk Delph sama Hargreaves deh, bs jd pmbelian gagal capedes
Tonge jg jrg maen d Stoke tp smoga aja pas dia dkasih ksmpatan main dia bakal on fire :addfriends
ini Bates payah bener, cuma gaji pmain pinjaman aja pelit bgt, Jenas-Danns bagus bgt itu buat kelas championship mads

btw vs Cardiff, salah satu match sulit jg, ada Whittingham takuts
CountryLUFC - 15/09/2012 07:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By noelsasaki
sibuk TA malus

sbnrny ga tlalu tipis kalo cedera Green ga sampe 6 bulan, jgn sampe kyk Delph sama Hargreaves deh, bs jd pmbelian gagal capedes
Tonge jg jrg maen d Stoke tp smoga aja pas dia dkasih ksmpatan main dia bakal on fire :addfriends
ini Bates payah bener, cuma gaji pmain pinjaman aja pelit bgt, Jenas-Danns bagus bgt itu buat kelas championship mads

btw vs Cardiff, salah satu match sulit jg, ada Whittingham takuts

wa juga agak pesimis lawan cardiff,,striker-nya ada bellamy dan maynard..takuts
barusan liat ternyata lawan cardiff ada striming videonya..:thumbup
Page 2 of 7 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > 
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Soccer & Futsal Room > Neil Warnock's LEEDS UNITED 2012/2013 "BATES OUT"