Basketball
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > =STAPLES CENTER= Home of The L.A. LAKERS : I LOVE L.A.
Total Views: 129643 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 2 of 489 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›

ThSos - 11/08/2009 02:49 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By brazillian
Walaupun Ane ngga nyimak2 bangets urusan NBA reguler, tap ane penggemar setia LA LAKERS. Makin gila lagi setelah Kobe mendarat di steples center.....

Buat para Juragan : di share dong pertama kali jatuh hati dengan LA LAKERS ???

Kalo Ane demen LA LAKERS sejak Ane masih maen game komputer jaman jadul (display color masih CGA, judulnya LAKERS vs CELTICS yang Kareem Abdul Jabbar & Magic Johnson jago bangets)..

Wah pas mereka masih main the Forum nih emang tegang banget, yang nonton aja ikut keringetan apalagi kalo udah lawan Celtics hihihi. Magic, Kareem, Worthy, Byron, Rambis etc etc lawan McHale, Bird, Ainge etc etc. Itu sih emang paling top 80's man! D

Jatuh cinta sih pertama kali waktu pas masa transisi tuh 1996 pas Kobe sama Fisher baru masuk pertama kali. Terus ngeliat sejarahnya si Bryant di SMA langsung deh hihihii D
la vache - 12/08/2009 07:35 AM

Gasol injured with national team

MADRID -- Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol underwent surgery on the index finger of his left hand Monday after breaking it during practice with Spain's national team, the Lakers confirmed.

Gasol will be sidelined at least three weeks.

Lakers spokesman John Black told the Los Angeles Times that according to Gasol's agent, Arn Tellem, there were no issues with the surgery, which took place immediately after the injury occurred Monday.

The Spanish basketball federation said Tuesday that Gasol injured the finger while blocking a shot during the workout in preparation for the European Championships.

He will wear a splint for 20 days, but the federation did not say if he will play in the championships, which start Sept. 7 in Poland.

Gasol, however, hopes to do so.

"I want to be with my teammates and fight for the championship," the Spanish news agency Efe quoted him as saying at a news conference in Cadiz. "I don't see why I would have to drop out.

Gasol was a key part of the Lakers' championship this past season, averaging 18.9 points and 9.6 rebounds during the regular season. Black said Gasol had spoken with the Lakers' trainer, and the team was trying to get in touch with the surgeon who operated on Gasol.

"I have explained the situation to the Lakers, and they have the results," Gasol said. "They aren't pleased I am injured but I don't think they'll put obstacles in my way."

Spain is the reigning world champion but lost to Russia in the final of the 2007 European Championship. Spain won the silver medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, at which the United States won gold.

source: espn.com
la vache - 12/08/2009 08:24 AM

Hey everybody,

Welcome to the thread, I haven't been visiting the thread much, further update will be commenced ASAP, but I need more times if I were to translate the information about the Lakers.

Quote:

Buat para Juragan : di share dong pertama kali jatuh hati dengan LA LAKERS ???

Well, I'm gonna let out my secret here, but what the heck. It started way back then, I was like 10 years old, barely knew about basketball. I didn't even play the game. But I like sports, err, at least watching sports, since my childhood. My sports teacher has been teaching me about sports knowledge and the one name that attracted me was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, so I started to watch this TVRI program called ARENA dan JUARA because it's the only sports program that broadcast an NBA game.

Occasionally, they showed basketball matches. I believe it was the Lakers vs Celtics that caught my eyes really. I know it was a re-run, not live, but since I know nothing about basketball, all I did was enjoying the action packed game. It hooked me from the very first start I watched the game. I would stay up late to wait the program and wait for that particular match up, if it wasn't basketball I would go to bed, but when it's Lakers v Celtics I would watch the game until it's finished.

As I told you before, initially I would search for Kareem and his skyhook, which few would argue that it's one of the most beautiful thing you can ever see in basketball. And with a 10 years old who barely know a thing about basketball can be pretty hooked up to that kind of shot, how would you argue that? But someone else caught my eyes more than Kareem and skyhook. It was none other than Earvin 'Magic' Johnson. His no look pass gotta be the coolest thing I ever saw in sports at the time. You can't beat that. Not even the three point prowess of Bird, Worthy's finger roll, or Byron Scott's athleticism.

I can't help but falling in love with the purple and gold and hating the green jersey of the Celtics. Never really like Kevin McHale and his hairy armpit, it was gross, yuck. Couldn't help myself with the ugly Parish, though I can appreciate Larry Bird's.

Though I really like the Lakers at the time, it wasn't until the 1990-91 season I really started to put my allegiance to the purple and gold cause. That was the first time ever, an NBA final was broadcasted live in Indonesia. The final was, of course, between Michael Jordan's Chicago Bulls and Magic Johnson's Lakers who surprisingly beat the Blazers to get to the finals. Sadly, it all went wrong for the Lakers who can only stole game 1 of the final and got beat up for the next four games. Kareem's already retired and Magic can't stop the surging young Michael Jordan who would prove to own the NBA for the next decade.

But the Bulls can never stole my heart, I was falling for the Lakers, hooked, and I just can't see myself supporting a team - who albeit being a superior one - crushed my beloved Lakers.

I don't really like Dallas Mavericks either, because I once saw them beating my Lakers [Derek Harper was still playing for the Mavs]. Well, I considered every team that beat the Lakers was a bad tem, really really bad. And you have to forgive the logic of a kid there. It was simple, anyone who beat my hero is the enemy.

I live through the pain of watching the Lakers depending on the likes of Van Exel and Cedric Ceballos. As good as those two are, they weren't the star capable of carrying a franchise as big as the Lakers.

Came along Shaquille O'Neal, the guy who once made me flirt with Orlando Magic. I couldn't help but to like him since he knocked down Pat Ewing three times in a single game in his rookie season. Can you imagine a rookie make one of the best center in the NBA looked like an idiot? And he didn't disappoint, although he still need Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant to help him bring titles for the Lakers. So it was the golden period for me, three consecutive titles for the Lakers and I was really enjoying myself.

When the Lakers lost to the Pistons in 2004, I couldn't stop feeling sorry for Shaq and at the same time, mad at him. I blamed him for not being keeping his fitness up, for me it was true all those accusations about him being care more about his celebrity lifestyle rather than getting more NBA titles. Sure Kobe acted up, but I still believe the real reason for the failure on that season was that Shaq failed to show up as a leader in the early season by showing up overweight before the campaign. He didn't work hard enough for me.

But that was the defining moment. I thought that I was only enthusiastic about the Lakers because of Shaq, but turned out that that wasn't the case. So when the Diesel gone to Miami, I was only pissed because we can't get a better deal or the players that could cover his departure. I already knew that the future of the Lakers would be placed on the shoulders of the young no. 8. And from then on, I realize that my allegiance to the purple and gold is as real as it can gets. I can never support another team.

Quote:

Kalo Ane demen LA LAKERS sejak Ane masih maen game komputer jaman jadul (display color masih CGA, judulnya LAKERS vs CELTICS yang Kareem Abdul Jabbar & Magic Johnson jago bangets)..

I played that too, I still have it in my HD. Wanna relive the moment? LOL... Classic EA Sports.
Mutombo5 - 12/08/2009 07:57 PM

wahh ada thread lakers

ikutan join ya gan.. ini club nba favorit wa soalnya gw suka banget ma maen derk fisher n kobe bryantilovekaskus

moga ditambah nya ron artest ke squad, musim ini lakers bisa mertahanin gelar lagi beer:
la vache - 13/08/2009 10:59 PM

'Wus krackin' with Artest in China?

By Ryan Corazza
Special to ESPN.com
Archive

Ron Artest had a busy two weeks in China. He shot a Peak shoe commercial. He gifted a $45,000 watch to a high school boy. He performed a few concerts. He even fit in time to work out.

=STAPLES CENTER= Home of The L.A. LAKERS : I LOVE L.A.

Getty Images
Lakers forward Ron Artest hangs out in Hangzhou, China, on Thursday.

But above all, Artest wanted us to know he was working with a new artist, a woman who goes by the name Shin Shin. According to the Los Angeles Laker in this video he shot of her on the beach, he found Shin Shin singing in a club and just had to work with her. Since discovering the singer, his Twitter stream has been flooded with updates involving her. He even dropped a video re-enacting the infamous "Malice at the Palace" brawl for her outside an amusement park in Hong Kong.

Nothing about this is particularly out of the ordinary for Artest: His Twitter stream does a good job of letting you know where he is and what he's up to. And with the supplemental video, he gives us even more access. But one move he pulled on Thursday was something else: he gave out his phone number -- (832) 260-8192 -- and told you to let him know "wus krackin." For those keeping score at home, 832 is a Houston area code. And it was no fake move either: this video shows Artest actually fielding calls from fans.

Social media has torn down the wall between fan and athlete, but there's still a lack of intimacy on the Web. Someone else could be typing away behind the keyboard or on the phone. Short of actually talking to Ron-Ron in person, the phone call is about as close as you can get. Not even Stephon Marbury can lay claim to such a move.

But, as you can see in the video, there's a lot of Shin Shin talk. And later, Artest's phone experiment forged into cross-promotion: those blowing up his phone with Shin Shin text messages would get a call back. There were stretches of time when she was the only one answering the phone.

All this is what we're coming to expect from some athlete tweeters who also have off-the-field endeavors: a lot of inside information but with branding, promotion and advertising to boot. Call it unprecedented access … with an asterisk.
ThSos - 14/08/2009 03:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By la vache
'Wus krackin' with Artest in China?

Nothing about this is particularly out of the ordinary for Artest: His Twitter stream does a good job of letting you know where he is and what he's up to. And with the supplemental video, he gives us even more access. But one move he pulled on Thursday was something else: he gave out his phone number -- (832) 260-8192 -- and told you to let him know "wus krackin." For those keeping score at home, 832 is a Houston area code. And it was no fake move either: this video shows Artest actually fielding calls from fans.

Why would he gave his phone number away again? I don't get it. He's funny as hell as far as I can tell. But he's a damn good player when he's on the court. One thing though, there was this video as well in Youtube and Artest was in it. I'm just gonna upload it here \) .. Any thoughts guys?

[youtube]l3BUkLmrvPA[/youtube]
ThSos - 14/08/2009 04:00 PM

Quote:
JERRY CROWE
Magic Johnson turns 50
Text messages from press row . . .

* next

Surviving
Happy 50th birthday to Magic Johnson. . . .

Eighteen years ago, when Johnson made his bombshell announcement that he was HIV positive, few expected the Lakers star would see his 33rd birthday, much less his 50th. . . .

"His impact on increasing awareness that you can live with the disease has been phenomenal," says Cynthia Davis, director of HIV education and outreach at Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science. "Even today, 30 years into the epidemic, there are people who aren't educated and feel that it's a death sentence." . . .

So robust and energetic that some have wrongly assumed him cured, Johnson has said he owes his well-being -- and perhaps his life -- to the multi-drug cocktail he takes every day. . . .

"The reason he's still alive," Davis says, "is that he caught the infection early on before it had an opportunity to destroy his immune system, he changed his lifestyle and he went on these drugs." . . .

Johnson's wife, his kids and his fans -- not to mention AIDS/HIV activists such as Davis -- are all grateful. . . .

Here's to 50 more. . . .

Tiger Woods, leading the PGA Championship after Thursday's opening round, told reporters last week that he recently found an old putter while cleaning out the garage at his home in Windermere, Fla. -- one that he'd used to win the Masters. . . .

Said Woods, incredulous, "It's just sitting over there." . . .

Fans in Philadelphia boo everybody, so Michael Vick probably couldn't have landed in a more perfect place . . .

The Dodgers and Angels have built their comfortable leads in different ways, Matt Kemp and the Dodgers plowing through division foes with impunity in the National League West and the Angels struggling within the American League West while steamrollering almost everybody else. . . .

The Angels, as noted in USA Today, could become only the fourth team since the start of division play in 1969 to win its division despite a sub-.500 record against division foes. . . .

In a Sports Illustrated survey of 380 major leaguers, 41% said the opposing hitter they most feared with a game on the line was Albert Pujols, while 18% picked Manny Ramirez. . . .

No other player garnered more than 6% of the vote. . . .

Happy birthday Earvin, you are one of the greatest. SHOWTIME! D

P2P - 14/08/2009 04:15 PM

wah ada tread lakers fan ikutan nih, udh hampir 1 bulan ga ngikutin nba semenjak final selesai. Odom akhirnya ga jadi pindah 'n ga sabar nunggu artest in action!
la vache - 15/08/2009 03:42 AM
The best point guard ever

Team: Los Angeles Lakers (1979-91, 1996)

Titles: 5 (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988)

Honors: 12-time All-Star, three-time MVP (1987, 1989, 1990), three-time Finals MVP (1980, 1982, 1987), Hall of Fame

The player: The prototype big point guard. The only player in NBA history who could dominate -- not just play -- all five positions.

Magic was the best ever in transition. He led the break and shoved the ball down your throat or backed you down and carved you up with a pass or drive.

He was unselfish -- but not to a fault (he'd take over and score when necessary) -- and he made passing cool. Given his age (a rookie at age 20), the stakes (NBA Finals), the opponent (Dr. J and the 76ers) and the fact that he moved to center to replace injured legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic's 42-point, 15-rebound, 7-assist, 3-steal effort in the title-clinching Game 6 of the 1980 NBA Finals was probably the best individual performance of all time.

It could be argued that he's the one player in NBA history who was better than Michael Jordan.
la vache - 15/08/2009 03:57 AM

THE ULTIMATE MAGIC JOHNSON COMPILATION

[youtube]7eCLRAB9FF8[/youtube][/QUOTE]

enjoy guys... \)
ThSos - 15/08/2009 09:07 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Mutombo5
wahh ada thread lakers

ikutan join ya gan.. ini club nba favorit wa soalnya gw suka banget ma maen derk fisher n kobe bryantilovekaskus

moga ditambah nya ron artest ke squad, musim ini lakers bisa mertahanin gelar lagi beer:

Mereka emang udah ada bond tersendiri bro kalo gua bilang, karena mereka tahun masuk ke NBA juga sama + bareng2 jadinya getting maturenya. Sipp lahh anyway selamat datang nih di thread Lakers! D

Quote:
Original Posted By P2P
wah ada tread lakers fan ikutan nih, udh hampir 1 bulan ga ngikutin nba semenjak final selesai. Odom akhirnya ga jadi pindah 'n ga sabar nunggu artest in action!

Yoi man satu bulan aja udah pusing nih gua soalnya gak ada NBA. Bener2 gak sabar sampe October man hahahahaha. anyway sama bro kaya diatas selamat datang di thread Lakers!

LOS LAKERS FOR LIFE! D
v0LtaGe - 15/08/2009 10:21 AM

Love Lakers, always, Love Kobe, Love Gasol kisskiss
ThSos - 22/08/2009 12:20 PM

Quote:
You want to see Ron Ron workout during summer? Check this out guys!

Part 1
[youtube]CPdf-cky3JI[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]DwDXHgcryI4[/youtube]

Last video is what kind of breakfast dows he eat before working out!

[youtube]Ad67YToS0SU[/youtube]

rain24 - 22/08/2009 08:41 PM

sangat disayangkan juga sih magic jhonson kena AIDS tapi udah hebat juga dia mau mengakui kalo gonta ganti pasangan.. sama kaya kobe juga pas dia selingkuh dia jujur ke vanessa
winzz - 23/08/2009 02:40 AM

ad yg tau ga kronologis si magic johnson akhirnya bisa sembuh dari AIDS? dikasi terapi ap aaj tuhh?

yg ampe gw ga ngerti sih tetep up-down relationship between kobe ma shaq nohope: pdahal pas 98 tuh seharusnya ud bisa jadi title contender and masuk final nantang bulls
Golden^^Boy - 23/08/2009 11:03 AM

ad thread lakers nh...

ikutan gabung ya beer:
24KOBE - 23/08/2009 08:49 PM

gabung juga ah

dr dulu udah ngikutin nba sich semenjak muncul di rcti pertama kali akhir taon 80'an ato awal 90'an yah kalo ndak salah, on the back end of the showtime era, tapi gak pernah jadi fans salah satu tim khusus di nba, cuman seneng beberapa player aja kaya magic, bird, isiah, hakeem, jordan, barkley, dll.

until 1996 waktu study tour di amrik, waktu itu tinggal nya di dorm CSU Long Beach, summer league lagi di adain di stadion nya (the pyramid), bayar 20 dollar nonton dr pagi sampe sore tiap ada kesempatan...terus suatu hari ngeliat pemain rookie kurus yang pake #40 di tim nya lakers, namanya "kobe bryant", nyekor 33 pts so easy...sejak itu, jadi lakers fans dech. ilovekaskus
repak69 - 25/08/2009 11:56 AM

walopun dulu pernah ada....

Gabung lagi ahhh....

Suka lakers dari dulu daru jaman nya Kareem abdul jabar & Magic Johnson tahun 1985/86/87 lupa gw,,,, hammer:
waktu itu baju Salem belum kebeli masih pake C59 D

lakers legend
Spoiler for legend

Shaq Kareem Mikan = Former lakers center

pat riley & jerry west 1981

MJ vs MJ

Magic Bird
24KOBE - 25/08/2009 05:58 PM

hehehee, love the converse weapon purple and gold nya magic johnson...iloveindonesia
hendra erwan - 25/08/2009 08:49 PM

Love lakers & kobe
4 ever
Page 2 of 489 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > =STAPLES CENTER= Home of The L.A. LAKERS : I LOVE L.A.