English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?
Total Views: 22684 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 14 of 34 | ‹ First  < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >  Last ›

kanjengradenmas - 31/10/2010 11:42 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By putaw92
watch a movie! buut.. do not read the subtitle, or turn off the subtitle.. \) iloveindonesiailoveindonesiailoveindonesia

my opinion little bit different...
Watch movie, set subtitle to indonesian...
try to translate indonesian subtitle to english...
then watch they said in the movie.
Is it same or not?
If same, your english then quite good.
If not, then you've already have better answer from the movie...
MalamMingguOne - 02/11/2010 10:25 AM

Hi All

Do you guys have any advice to speak more fluent and use the right grammar in spontaneous speaking ? Somehow, I don't feel confident with my spoken English. If I arrange it before I speak, It doesn't make any problem. But If it is just a spontan speaking, suddenly I lost my ability to speak.

Also Sorry if it's OOT, but any tips also how to easily remember when youre getting a new vocabulary and applied it in your daily convers or written english?

thanks guys
winanda7 - 03/11/2010 10:18 AM

the easiest way would be by talking to a native.
but if you don't know any or don't have the will to pay for a mentor, you can try by listening to a loooottttt of English
dwedaz - 03/11/2010 07:59 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By kanjengradenmas
my opinion little bit different...
Watch movie, set subtitle to indonesian...
try to translate indonesian subtitle to english...
then watch they said in the movie.
Is it same or not?
If same, your english then quite good.
If not, then you've already have better answer from the movie...

i think it's better if you dont set the subtitle. because you can improve your listining skil. \)
Gacode - 04/11/2010 11:15 PM

the only way to improve u'r conversation is talk , talk and talk !
cokyputrasan - 05/11/2010 11:47 PM

until now my english yeh like this
what should i do
sir odink - 08/11/2010 04:55 PM

my english skill maybe is not good today. but i dont be shy \). i believe the secret of success in studying language is practise, practise, and practise.

1. practise in writing
here we try to translate any article or just rewrite english articles and looking for the mean of the word we dont know. or you can write some word of vocabulary and put it in any place you can always look.

2 practise in listening
we can watch movie, listening english tv channel or radio, or browse any video in youtube that using english language in their video.

3. practise in speaking
practise speaking with your self, or with your friends, or with native speaker. dont be shy !. do it every day, every time we want, i believe our skill in learning native language will grow up as soon as possible.

CORRECT ME if there is wrong in my english above ... i'm still learning too ...
geem12 - 11/11/2010 04:01 AM

the best way is go to overseas, and talk to the native speaker.

these is the best
haha ~ - 14/11/2010 10:56 PM

I have problem in conversation too..
usually i use skype for speaking
the main problem is when I speak with native speaker in IELTS practice, I'm nervous and lost my words.
VinZe - 15/11/2010 05:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By geem12
the best way is go to overseas, and talk to the native speaker.

these is the best

i agree with you.. in other word, we need to keep practicing.. don't be afraid to make some mistake..
JB1303 - 16/11/2010 12:07 PM

Watch a lot of western movies and TV shows.. You'll catch a lot of the slanks and accent from there.. that's where i got it from \)

start a conversation with foreigners, and join an english speakers/community.. that way you'll know exactly how to speak, and how to response..

and if you get it wrong don't worry, it's all about our will to learn.. in english there's no wrong or right, even foreigners themselves sometimes misspell and misuse their language p
glodack - 16/11/2010 01:51 PM

my English is not well but I will to be fine to conversation with my friend to make English.
how about your suggest for me?
vantam - 16/11/2010 03:54 PM

go to americaaaaaa, or australiaaaaaaa, any english speaking country other than singapore, wkwkwkwk, 1 year is enough D
euis_ya - 16/11/2010 08:04 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By gemniflora

well, it's not really working.. i need it to have a better way to start another new conversation activities while trying to keep up the recent conversation activities that has gone dull...

i think, just do the conversation ( in english of course ) with your all friend in all time ... Heheee Peace:
trust me, it works ..what is best way to improve your conversation skill?
AlphaZen - 16/11/2010 10:12 PM

My friend (that have a good conversation skill) give me advice that if you want to have good conver skill, you must have a brave to conver (in English) with anyone without hesistation. It's important because you will never can speak fluently if you even haven't try it yourself.
glodack - 17/11/2010 09:30 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By vantam
go to americaaaaaa, or australiaaaaaaa, any english speaking country other than singapore, wkwkwkwk, 1 year is enough D

its good idea, but I haven't money for pay transportation to go there berdukas
makkitajonga - 17/11/2010 04:02 PM

Using technology, mr...
Using YM, try to open other region. n start to speak to them all..
[need headset/microphone \)]
mbahponiyem - 17/11/2010 04:10 PM

a lot of way to increase our english, example i usually read article in jakarta post,read new york times, read foreign novel , listening the music and etc and i wanna join in EF.that all depend you freinds.. make english to be easy. and do not shy... iloveindonesiailovekaskus
Code.Breaker - 17/11/2010 08:49 PM

live abroad hammer:

if stay there at least six month, you`ll get improve your english.....
jeben - 18/11/2010 06:06 AM

doing in groups regulary might be a better choice. it's free. and if you do it seriously, it'll definitely help
Page 14 of 34 | ‹ First  < 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?