English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?
Total Views: 22684 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 31 of 34 | ‹ First  < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 > 

KotakManis - 12/04/2012 03:41 AM

Depends on what kind of english you want to learn. Britain, australian , american, singapore english all has different accents. Try watching movies and tv series. Less sinetron and tukul.
Setipenk.exe - 13/04/2012 11:38 PM

I think you need always to read English book to find a new Vocab ,, or watch english movie .. it is simple .
incredible UD - 14/04/2012 12:00 PM
learn to writing english sentences
thankfull to TS who made this thread, this time,i'm also learning to improve my english conversation skill. hopefully in the future,we all can become what we want.
'just learn,sorry if the above sentences there is an error' Peace:
sabakusou - 14/04/2012 09:22 PM

i think we should camo to another country and we speak with another person in that country... ngakak
if you have much money ngakak
if you don't have, you can make conversation with teacher in your school...
greatcnc - 26/04/2012 07:17 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By incredible UD
thankfull to TS who made this thread, this time,i'm also learning to improve my english conversation skill. hopefully in the future,we all can become what we want.
'just learn,sorry if the above sentences there is an error' Peace:

that's what everybody wants dude .. hahaha

what matter is how could you speak fluently like you speak your own language now ( Indonesia )
aissati - 26/04/2012 09:35 PM

hello there, im majoring english pedagogy in english dep. Malang sometimes i am asked to be a guest speaker in an english club or in independent movie study(sort of like movie discussion). u could try livemocha.com n try to find native english there, practice with them, if it s not possible, making a conversation club through internet sounds great as well. We ought to have a theme to be discussed, and share it through skype then have a chit-chat there. add me mupenk.kinky on skype if u like, i fond of accompanying u to have a conversation with me. O y, watch the big bang theory if u really are eager to enhance ur communicative vocabularies. Break a leg dude
greatcnc - 26/04/2012 10:12 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By aissati
hello there, im majoring english pedagogy in english dep. Malang sometimes i am asked to be a guest speaker in an english club or in independent movie study(sort of like movie discussion). u could try livemocha.com n try to find native english there, practice with them, if it s not possible, making a conversation club through internet sounds great as well. We ought to have a theme to be discussed, and share it through skype then have a chit-chat there. add me mupenk.kinky on skype if u like, i fond of accompanying u to have a conversation with me. O y, watch the big bang theory if u really are eager to enhance ur communicative vocabularies. Break a leg dude

im gonna add you on skype , the id is pipilebar ,
please give me a hand so i can speak well later ..
GraySpec - 30/04/2012 06:13 PM

Guys, could you help me to make an opening presentation in class?
I think "Good morning, today we gonna present our topic entitled xxxx" too ordinary.
Could you give me some suggestion?
dhygta - 06/05/2012 08:19 PM

the best way to improve our conversation skill :

we should to go to england or united states and you should to stay 3 months enough

I believe when we are comeback to indonesia we will have a good conversation skill :toast
bocahkadal - 10/05/2012 12:47 PM

just use your english bro,everytime and everywhere,try to 'become' native english Peace:
and dont let yourself say "haha i'm an expert now! i'm fluent in english now!" nohope:
it just make yourself become very lazy to learn english D
kosonginaja - 10/05/2012 01:11 PM

this is the common problem for all of us. you have done all the possibly best ways of improving your skill, but you know, I think the problem lies on the "self-confidence"...no matter how good you are in English, how many vocabularies you have, when you are not confident enough, then...what's left is only your blank head Peace:

PS: I've got the same problem tho ngakak
Micky. - 10/05/2012 08:33 PM

^

Agreed ! Self-confident is the most important thing to learn something new. ( Language, Culture , etc )
i think you can try to find a website that let you chatting / video calling to strangers out side there. D
that's the easiest and the cheapest way to talk with 'native' English.
You can find out stranger with different accents, different slangs , different countries ( definitely ) , and many more. Peace:
theblackfury - 10/05/2012 10:13 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Micky.
^

Agreed ! Self-confident is the most important thing to learn something new. ( Language, Culture , etc )
i think you can try to find a website that let you chatting / video calling to strangers out side there. D
that's the easiest and the cheapest way to talk with 'native' English.
You can find out stranger with different accents, different slangs , different countries ( definitely ) , and many more. Peace:

I'm newbie here...so this is my opinion..
Maybe the environment in our country make us feel uncomfortable to use english..Speaking with each other make us better..how if we use english everyday in school, don't use indonesian?? I think we all became a good speaker.. \)
Surya.P - 10/05/2012 11:33 PM

Hello All~

i think i've a speaking problem with english~
i'd like to train my english here~

honestly, i'm worry if someone gonna laugh me~
but i'm sure that nobody in this thread will do it~ hehe

hopefully, training in this thread could increase my self-confidence n of course, my english \)
hendzEB - 19/05/2012 12:50 PM

what kind of conversation? verbal or non-verbal?
actually, to improve non-verbal conversation pretty easy.
I did a lot chit-chat with some friends from overseas, that's help me a lot. To improve verbal conversation, usually I try using a social media as Skype, or make a trip to Bali (if u have enough money, try overseas) to meet some foreigners and train your English with'em

Golden Paws[color=orange][/color]
muhammadfadhli - 19/05/2012 08:01 PM

learning by doing gan
grammarian - 19/05/2012 09:18 PM
Learn English Just Like You Learn Indonesia
The first thing I learn while learning English (or any new foreign languages) is the fact that theorizing too much is sort of useless. There's NO SECRET OR PARTICULAR EFFECTIVE METHOD IN LEARNING LANGUAGES ON EARTH.

There is NO SHORTCUT. Just practice it often. Methods and tricks don't matter as long as you stick to your passion: learning English.

That simple ngakaks
mangdee - 19/05/2012 09:32 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Setipenk.exe
I think you need always to read English book to find a new Vocab ,, or watch english movie .. it is simple .

yeah..that is..
new vocab and always read english book,,
but, it's hard to find the passion to do that,, D
grammarian - 19/05/2012 09:48 PM
English Subtitle Improves Your English
Quote:
Original Posted By putaw92
watch a movie! buut.. do not read the subtitle, or turn off the subtitle.. \) iloveindonesiailoveindonesiailoveindonesia

I do agree To A CERTAIN EXTENT. Watching an English speaking movie proves to be a great learning way but for new beginners this sounds too difficult. Why so? It is because we have to listen carefully, understand the context of the conversations (which is sometimes related to culturally unique stuff that we are completely clueless about).

So if I were you, I'd say watching movies with subtitles ON is OK, as long as it's English subtitles.\)b
ferdiantoo - 22/05/2012 04:18 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By gemniflora
Dear all,
I've been looking for an easiest way to improve my English and need your opinion.
What is best way to improve your conversation skill? join a conversation course? find a native speaker which may cost us a lot, of course...or simply find some friends and do it in groups regularly? Probably you may come up with a better idea...

Thanks in advance.

get main idea of conversation & practice! practice! and more practice!
Page 31 of 34 | ‹ First  < 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?