English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?
Total Views: 22684 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 34 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

gemniflora - 13/12/2009 01:54 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By t0t0m
Well, working overseas really improved my english, especially having many conversations with distinguish americans..
First time I arrived in JFK Airport, eventhough LIA Advanced graduated, TOEFL 575 , still ain't worth sh*t. Bad pronounciation. But, time after time, my english is getting better, after 3 years working, there're many words that I don't know.

Talking to black american nosara is even harder..Damn, super fast english, many slangs.

BEST way is find overseas job with multinational company.

Sounds quite promising...
Finding such kind of a job would need lots of hardworking... but I can always try.
Thanks and take care there...
gare1 - 13/12/2009 02:09 AM

if you are searching the ability to speak fluently, to pronounce better, try to hear those british talking...not the american,dude.
it should have any use if you keep on listening and keep on trying to pronounce better...
never ask for an instant result...
McD - 13/12/2009 08:05 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By gare1
if you are searching the ability to speak fluently, to pronounce better, try to hear those british talking...not the american,dude.
it should have any use if you keep on listening and keep on trying to pronounce better...

i agree with your opinion for not asking an instant result. but i'm just wondering what the big difference between british and american language? why do you advice him not to hear amarican talks
t0t0m - 13/12/2009 11:57 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By gare1

Be honest, talking to british is easier to understand, because Indonesian english lectures are usually based on british english.
ex:
brit : thanks mate
us: thanks buddy

reply:
brit : you're welcome
us: you got it / anytime / lot of slangs.
azia_minor - 13/12/2009 12:14 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By gemniflora
Dear all,
I've been looking for an easiest way to improve my English and need your opinion.
What is best way to improve your conversation skill? join a conversation course? find a native speaker which may cost us a lot, of course...or simply find some friends and do it in groups regularly? Probably you may come up with a better idea...

Thanks in advance.

i think a lot of practice with native or not,will increasing our skill
gemniflora - 15/12/2009 12:42 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By gare1

Thanks, I will note that. I've been doing this for quite some time and still have to learn more and more... I hope time would help me to get better.

Quote:
Original Posted By McD
i agree with your opinion for not asking an instant result. but i'm just wondering what the big difference between british and american language? why do you advice him not to hear amarican talks

I think, we are more used to hear to British English formally... but still I have no idea what is the big difference between those two.

Quote:
Original Posted By t0t0m
Be honest, talking to british is easier to understand, because Indonesian english lectures are usually based on british english.
ex:
brit : thanks mate
us: thanks buddy

reply:
brit : you're welcome
us: you got it / anytime / lot of slangs.

Nice explanation, thank you it helps...

Quote:
Original Posted By azia_minor
i think a lot of practice with native or not,will increasing our skill

You are absolutely right! Thank you
gemniflora - 15/12/2009 09:36 PM
Online conversation through YM?
Does anyone interested to have an online conversation through YM?
I've tried it several times with some friends, it was fun. But I really need to have a serious formation group to make it work. We can start with something fun to talk about... and make schedules to have a conference or something?

I'm at [email]gemniflora@yahoo.com[/email]

Thank you.
cocod69 - 17/12/2009 06:15 AM

just go to america or some english using countries :P
dinary - 18/12/2009 01:32 PM

Nice to to find all of you that very interest in english...
Actually I have the same problem... so I will follow this forum... and let me join this group guys...

Thanks..
ntenzz - 18/12/2009 09:37 PM

why dont you try communicate with strangers around the world?!
like omegle.com ?!

\)
ilovekaskus
silap - 19/12/2009 07:43 AM

practise talk, write, every time to your friend
gemniflora - 20/12/2009 02:08 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By cocod69
just go to america or some english using countries :P

Hahaha, would be great but would also cost me a lot to go there... I'm afraid I can't afford it... unless I'll get a grant or something
Quote:
Original Posted By dinary
Nice to to find all of you that very interest in english...
Actually I have the same problem... so I will follow this forum... and let me join this group guys...

Thanks..

Please welcome, we could also have a conversation through YM if you are interested.
My id is gemniflora for YM

Quote:
Original Posted By ntenzz
why dont you try communicate with strangers around the world?!
like omegle.com ?!

\)
ilovekaskus

I did, still doing it... It's also fun, but kind of hard to find a serious one to really chat with in a proper term
Quote:
Original Posted By silap
practise talk, write, every time to your friend

I will, thanks...
Xyborg99 - 20/12/2009 12:55 PM

Working or studying in oversea. That's the better way to improve our english skill.
Xyborg99 - 20/12/2009 12:57 PM

Working or studying in oversea. That's the better way to improve our english skill.
blackpark_46 - 21/12/2009 11:59 AM

the easiest way i've got when i live in dormitory....such a boarding school...where i studied and practiced both english and arabic at the same time...indonesian language is forbidden there D D
Reegay - 24/12/2009 02:48 AM

I'm pretty sure the best way is active to talk some english everyday owhat is best way to improve your conversation skill?
gemniflora - 24/12/2009 06:26 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Xyborg99

Yup, I agree.. one of the ideal way.

Quote:
Original Posted By blackpark_46
the easiest way i've got when i live in dormitory....such a boarding school...where i studied and practiced both english and arabic at the same time...indonesian language is forbidden there D D

Wow, that was sure help a lot.

Quote:
Original Posted By Reegay
I'm pretty sure the best way is active to talk some english everyday owhat is best way to improve your conversation skill?

been trying so... thanks.
gemniflora - 24/12/2009 06:34 AM
Best wishes for all
Merry Christmas 2009 and Happy New Year 2010
SOPHISTICATE - 25/12/2009 12:45 PM

how to talk politely and proper way to people that are older and respectful? I found it sort of an art of conversation to become eloquent and fluent

to choose the right vocabulary without being offensive off course, any suggestions anyone?
HHTTKK - 11/01/2010 04:28 PM

one word, use it
whether you have partner or not,
not just speak using english, you have to think in english

the problem that most people have, including myself (correct me is I am wrong) is confidence
have to get confidence that's the bottom line, cheers
Page 5 of 34 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?