English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?
Total Views: 22684 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 8 of 34 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›

just4chel - 10/04/2010 03:03 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By bcoldz
WoW \)

Good Idea Bro \)
but i suggest to use Yahoo Messenger beside Skype coz most of Kaskuser use YM

we also sometimes can held call conference , that when we join we must speak English :

brilliant idea.. \) I think..

Quote:
Original Posted By alimutashima
I think watch an english movie will help you to learn english languange, but turn off the subtitle

If u use English subtitle actually would help a lot..
eben haezer - 10/04/2010 11:09 PM

Conversation problem?? It will be solved naturally really,
chrisnaa - 12/04/2010 12:15 AM
good
The more you listen and the more you can learn, I guess movie could be good for you, I live in USA almost 5 years and I still have same problem . it depend with brain ppl had though. some people cannot click at all. I can tell the way you wrote, you are such good catch for this kind of things.
byjabs - 13/04/2010 08:20 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By defjux
free to call me if ur a woman, we'll talk in english. najis

Ha..ha.. you have a great idea, I like this.
By the way I agree if we watch west movie without subtitle, It can upgrade our vocab. You must do It.
aByLivez - 16/04/2010 04:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By dwaynewade#1
use english almost everytime! in writing, typing, and speaking D

Yeah,, that's True you should to use it as a daily activity
even just whispering slowly (if u shy) but it will help u a lot in practice
while mirroring,, it always be a better way to developed your confidence

for me...

I would like to singing songs,,,and sang it as good as the original singer Peace:

make it simple and easy kiss
Dr.smartass - 17/04/2010 07:02 PM

its such a nice thread.. thumbup:

i'll sucsribe it.. D

i wanna improve my ability too in english so i hope this thread will be able to guide me.. D
Dr.smartass - 17/04/2010 07:03 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By aByLivez
Yeah,, that's True you should to use it as a daily activity
even just whispering slowly (if u shy) but it will help u a lot in practice
while mirroring,, it always be a better way to developed your confidence

for me...

I would like to singing songs,,,and sang it as good as the original singer Peace:

make it simple and easy kiss

damn i love this post.. thumbup:

nice share buddy.. D
divinatium - 28/04/2010 03:41 PM

Language is a matter of habit, thus in order to master a language, one must make it his habitual attitude. A theory was taught to me when I was in college, the best way to learn a language is to imitate the way we learn our mother's tongue. So simply do what a child does during the time they learn their first language. Children do not hesitate nor scared to pronounce a word although they pronounced it imperfectly (we may even find them cute during those period). They tend to imitate everything they hear from their surroundings even foul words. In short, children learn their first language simply from listening (parents, siblings, friends, TV, music, etc), then they practice it in their daily lives in order to communicate with their surroundings. How would we implement this method in our learning process? Simply create an environment that requires you to use a language constantly. Talk with everyone you know by using that language no matter how silly you may look like, see movies with no subtitles even if you cannot understand the storyline, listen to music and sing along even if you pronounce a word without knowing its meaning, etc. The key point of mastering a language is when you are able to converse with others (expressing ideas and emotions) without having the process of translation in your brain. For example, when someone says table, then your brain will process the input and translate it to "meja", and afterward your brain decodes "meja" as a furniture usually made of wood or metal with four legs blah blah blah. This process works all over again when you try to utter a word (of course in backward). If you are still having this processes in your brain, then you are still far away from mastering a language. Such condition would result in having pauses when you speak (errrr... ahhh... emmmm...) and having scenes when you understand the words that are being uttered to you by others, yet you do not comprehend what he is trying to say to you. You would take more time to grasp his idea. Now compare it when you are dealing with your mother's tongue. You would not need to process and to translate the word "meja" in your brain when you hear that word, and vice versa. You would automatically grasp the concept of "meja" without having translation process. A simple way to find out whether someone has mastered a language or not is to see whether they are able to be angry (yelling and arguing intensely) at someone else using that language (non mother's tongue). It is very surprising to know how people with high TOEFL results still using their mother's tongue when they are truly angry. Nevertheless, my former lecturer told me if one is able to have a dream using "English", then he has mastered "English" at some levels. I hope this little review would help us all...
Lord.Aizen - 30/04/2010 08:46 PM

^4 the guy above me.......try learning the ins and outs of organising your thoughts into paragraphs. D It's a pretty neat skill to have, actually. You'll be proud of yourself once you've mastered it. ;)

And for those people suggesting talking to yourself in english while combing your hair,.. it may not look too appetising, but it actually works wonders.

Give it a shot. ;)
JualBeliGan - 01/05/2010 01:35 PM

the best way is to start talk in english...try to talk as many as possible..
NikotheBlues - 05/05/2010 03:27 PM

i am cannot speak in english well please help me
IDPenasaran - 08/05/2010 01:10 AM

if you have a lot money.. i think better u can try to study at UK, Ausy or USA \)

if you have some money.. i think you goin to course and get the conversation class \)

if you have a little money.. i think watching west movie in english subtitle is perfect idea \)

and if you dont have money but can "ngaskus" u can solved your prob with us here maho

regards
IDPenasaran
AmaterasuOokami - 13/05/2010 10:08 PM

just try to watch some movies with subtitle, and repeat every words that the actor/actress said on the movies.. if you think you've already fluent enough, you can cut down those subtitle.. hope it works..
janu onliners - 15/05/2010 10:54 AM

take conversation course class that is the best way to improve your conversation skill I think, because you will be pushed to keep talk in english whenever whereever

if u don't have enough money just watch the movie without subtitle and listen but you need to improve your speaking too so try join english club or something similar
renbiz - 19/05/2010 07:07 PM

Playing RPG game will actually improve your conversation skill. maho It works, believe me.
Dr.smartass - 19/05/2010 07:13 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By renbiz
Playing RPG game will actually improve your conversation skill. maho It works, believe me.

yeeaaah right.. D
alaipank - 23/05/2010 01:14 AM

Maybe you can take free online tests available in the net, I often do it too.
WinLucia - 24/05/2010 04:13 AM
Permisi... Saya mencari donatur
Ada saudara kita yang harus operasi namun tidak ada biaya.

Berikut penampakannya:

Spoiler for Surat dari yang bersangkutan perihal permohonan bantuan
Quote:
Original Posted By WinLucia
Sdr/Sdri, Bp/Ibu,Adik/Kakak yang terkasih,-
Syalom
Namaku Arie Umi Wardhani, usiaku 46 th, dan tinggal di kota kecil Probolinggo. Aku hidup sendiri kedua orang tuaku sudah meninggal dunia, kakak ku di Bondowoso sakit dan separoh tubuhnya lumpuh, satu lagi di jawa tengah sakit diabet kornea mata sudah rusak tak bisa diselamatkan, kakak yang sekota denganku juga merawat ibu mertuanya yang sakit.

Aku lagi diuji Tuhan dengan berbagai penyakit sebagai berikut
Tahun 2007 operasi kista
Tahun 2008 kista tumbuh lagi dan operasi rahimku diangkat
Tahun 2010 bulan Februari aku sakit periksa Lab hasil darah,urine hasilnya kolesterol tinggi, gangguan jantung, infeksi kandung kemih.

Aku disarankan ke dr.Urologi karena dikotaku tidak ada, aku ke Surabaya karena ada
kakak yang di Surabaya walaupun kakakku ini kondisinya juga tidak jauh beda dengan kakak kakakku yang lain. Kondisi keuanganku juga sudah terkuras untuk pengobatan, tapi aku tidak mau menyerah , aku berjuang melawan penyakitku aku ingin sehat dan bisa beraktifitas untuk mencari nafkah dan melanjutkan hidup, memberi pelayanan di lingkungan tempat aku tinggal.

Perhiasan peninggalan ortu ku, tabung gas elpiji, seterika aku jual dan laku 4,500,000,uang tsb sebagai bekal aku berangkat berobat ke Surabaya.
Lalu aku ke dr Urologi poli RS Undaan,setelah melalui beberapa pemeriksaaan Lab hasilnya dinyatakan positif kista tunbuh di indung telur dekat kandung kemih.

Dengan pertolongan seorang ibu yang baik hati dan banyak pengalaman urusan sakit aku difasilitasi ke dr Kandungan di jln. Kertajaya indah timur.
hasil USG kista ku tumbuh lagi sudah besar dan harus segra di operasi, bila terlalu lama tidak diangkat indung telurnya akan menjadi kista yang ganas.

Aku informasi berapa dana yang harus aku siapkan untuk RS yang kelas III, kata suster petugas RS kurang lebih Rp 17.000.000 ( untuk dr.kandungan,dr.anestesi,sewa OK,rawat inap 5 hari itu belum termasuk pemeriksaan lab dan obat obatan)
Sisa uang yang aku pegang tinggal Rp 2.000.000 ( dua juta rupiah)

Ya Tuhan ke mana kudapatkan uang sebanyak itu ?????????
Melalui tulisan ini aku mohon dengan segala kerendahan hati kepada Sdr/Sdriku, Bp/Ibu, Kakak,/adik yang mempunyai rejeki lebih kiranya sudi membantuku, seberapa rupiahpun akan menjadi berkat untuk kesembuhanku , dan kiranya hanya doa yang bisa aku balas untuk kebaikkan para donatur semoga Tuhan melipat gandakan rejeki Anda semua, diberkati pekerjaannya, diberkati kesehatan dan keluarganya . Tuhan memberkati amin

Surabaya, 23 Mei 2010

Aku menunggu uluran tangan para donatur

Mohon dana dikirim via : Lucia Winarsih Resti a/c 0100153114 Bank Central Asia

Untuk saran, bantuan doa, dan bentuk support lainnya bisa dikirim lewat PM.

adondecoy - 25/05/2010 12:54 AM

environment is the most important aspect when someone wants to develop his/her ability in speaking
family, friend, everyone in daily life, all of them
a baby who born in England can naturally learn... it is because the environment
if you have good environment which supports and provides a good situation, it is just a matter of time for you to master it
B l i n g - 04/06/2010 12:23 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By adondecoy
environment is the most important aspect when someone wants to develop his/her ability in speaking
family, friend, everyone in daily life, all of them
a baby who born in England can naturally learn... it is because the environment
if you have good environment which supports and provides a good situation, it is just a matter of time for you to master it

yeah i agree 4 that ur statement... if our environment using english, maybe we naturally can speak english..
sorry 4 my bad english \(
Page 8 of 34 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > what is best way to improve your conversation skill?