ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > :: Tips To Improve Your English ::
Total Views: 44620 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 48 of 48 | ‹ First  < 43 44 45 46 47 48

erry87 - 13/09/2012 09:40 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By andise
i am alone in jakarta right now. my friends doesn't want to speak in english.
do you know any social network for learning english? so all of users in there are willing to speak..

in this forum you are not alone, you can learning english everyday n everywhere yau like, sory my english so bad
mustBlue - 18/09/2012 05:47 PM

which one is better, try do added vocabulary by using english-english dictionary (oxford, merriam webster) or english-bahasa? o
thanks for the kind answer \)
antipenghianat - 19/09/2012 09:34 AM

I think that motivating ourself is the number 1. Many years ago, I could not be fluent in english, I was so lazy to learn, exercise, etc. So until I have graduated from my college, I applied some job vacancy, and I didn't talk english well in interview section. Till now, I dont fluent in speaking english. But I begin to rise my spirit and passion to increase my skill. It's because, I motivate myself.

Sorry for this bad writing.
SeekerTrue - 19/09/2012 04:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By antipenghianat
I think that motivating ourself is the number 1. Many years ago, I could not be fluent in english, I was so lazy to learn, exercise, etc. So until I have graduated from my college, I applied some job vacancy, and I didn't talk english well in interview section. Till now, I dont fluent in speaking english. But I begin to rise my spirit and passion to increase my skill. It's because, I motivate myself.

Sorry for this bad writing.

how do you motivate yourself ?, i still can't motivate myself to learn english listening. And can u help me ? sugestion for me
fanglisinaulan - 26/09/2012 04:20 PM

an a useful tip for me, this is what i want
thank you, im triying to do that
anak_singkong - 28/09/2012 10:58 PM

I think I'm weak on grammar and vocabulary.

I've tried to enrich my vocab but sometimes it's always fail.

How do speak english without stoped for a second (terputus?) because I forget one or two words in english?
Lord.Aizen - 30/09/2012 04:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By anak_singkong
I think I'm weak on grammar and vocabulary.

I've tried to enrich my vocab but sometimes it's always fail.

How do speak english without stoped for a second (terputus?) because I forget one or two words in english?

That's easy..............Practice

Constant practice. That's constant practice with a capital C

........in fact, make it all caps. It's the only way we can be good at anything in life. We are not in the matrix, where we can just download some program into our heads for 5-10 seconds, and be able to fly a helicopter afterwards. capedes
kvnjrdn - 03/10/2012 03:44 PM

hello everyone D
i'm kevin and i'm not fluently yet in english but i'm practicing everyday with my friend in conversation because i'm an auditory learner D
nice to see you all D
kvnjrdn - 03/10/2012 03:47 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Lord.Aizen
That's easy..............Practice

Constant practice. That's constant practice with a capital C

........in fact, make it all caps. It's the only way we can be good at anything in life. We are not in the matrix, where we can just download some program into our heads for 5-10 seconds, and be able to fly a helicopter afterwards. capedes

i'm practicing everyday but why i'm still clumsy when i'm speaking with a foreign people. it's just when i wanna say something i forgot what it says in english and the conversation's gonna be so awkward because i forgot one words nohope:
do you have any advice to remove my weakness? if you have please tell me D
thanks before
springglow - 03/10/2012 06:34 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By freshweather
I am new here and I really want to have some kinds of discussion in English to improve my competency in mastering English. I just knew that kaskus has this room and woow this is great. I found it very beneficial for me to visit this forum regularly. Thanks Kaskus, you're rock:addfriends. Ok this is my first thread here, your comment is highly appreciated.

Well, the main problem of mastering English, is the limited vocabulary. Many people are often ask " How could I enrich my vocabulary?" "There are plenty vocabularies in English. how could I memorize them all?"

You know what? the answer is quite simple. You don't have to memorize all of the English vocabulary because it will be very hard for you. "What do you have to do then?"

1. Reading
It's might be a boring thing to certain people. But yeah reading is the best way to improve your vocabulary mastery. Through reading, you will know how to use words correctly. Start reading simple passages or something that interest you. If you read something interesting, you will have a big curiosity to that passage. You will try to understand the passage without feeling forced to read.

2. Consult with your dictionary
For English learner, Having dictionary is a must, but choosing a right dictionary is important too. there are plenty dictionaries offer in the store but you have to choose a trustworthy dictionary that can help you learn how to use the words correctly. I suggest you to use English dictionary by Hassan Shadily instead of using "Kamus 1 Miliar, 2 miliar, 100 juta, etc"

3. Talking Dictionary
Talking Dictionary is pretty much helpful especially for those who want to utter English words correctly. As we know, the pronunciation is already provided in most dictionaries but for beginner it might be difficult to read the phonological symbols.

4. Watching English Movie
You will be surprised of how great the influence of English movie toward you English mastery. In the movie, you will hear the words used and read the subtitles. Make sure that the subtitles used in the movie is English subtitles. So far, watching English movie is the best way for me to improve my English. You will enjoy the pleasure of watching movie as well as the joyful of learning the English itself

5. Practice English Everyday
" I don't have friend to talk with" that statement is often arises right? If you don't have friend to talk with, you may talk with yourself. "I must be crazy then" Nope, you are not crazy. as long as you are not doing it in the crowded place. Practice English with yourself help you to construct sentences. You may do it when you are alone in your room. You have to try to translate everything that cross your mind. for example you want to take a bath so you will have " ok saya mau mandi dulu" in your mind. just translate it into English become " Ok I want to take a bath". Translate every little thing in your mind and never feel lazy to consult with your dictionary when you don't know the words.

Ok that's my opinion. O yah one more thing, many people think that grammar is not really necessary, but in my point of view, grammar is truly necessary. Your grammar shows how educate you are. Grammar help you to construct understandable sentences, grammar help you to make your Ideas clearer. I am a beginner in English, Your revision or comment in my writing is awaited, thank you \)

Nice tips. My spoken English is really phatetic. Seriously, sometimes I don't have confidence to practice it. Point 5 is a good idea since I don't have a good English speaking environment.
mailorder - 03/10/2012 11:21 PM

Alive again
jknow - 04/10/2012 11:00 PM

actually myself also does not good in english. but i try to develop my skill..
each people have different skill and ability. i know that and u should know that..

trying to think positive one..

for instance, i the english class room.. you feel that you are not good than others. and i notice that u should don't look at others people. sometimes others people make you jealous because you can't compete in english skill.. your skill left far from others. and it can makes you down and disappointed with your self. hemm.. so.. i think the best think is thinking that you compete with your self (not with others). you can makes your skill increase or develop than before, it's quite success. don't compare with others because each people have different skill.. just compare with yourself in the past and now..

do that.. maybe it can makes your spirit and passion increase..

because i also feel like that.. but my teacher said that thing. so my eye was opened and i thought that this statement was true.
good luck for all.. don't be down.. keep try and try.. trust me , sometimes (i don't no when) you are expert in english.
D

learn for your mistake...

as you know.. i didn't like english. i use to didn't like english. but now love it although there are lots mistake.. haha..
and the bad thing Was my ielts score. i got bad worse in writing section.hahaha..i know that because i feel not did well at that time because of the question i think. but im not give up..hehe..

i don't care with others who can learn english quickly.. war with your self is the good thing
silfyandy - 08/10/2012 09:34 PM
Iam new member.
hello guys....
Iam new member in this group...
can you help me,,learn english.....cause I can't speak english..........but....I want to learn......
help me.....
cool_nf - 12/10/2012 05:27 PM

nice thread ever
i hope i can speaking or listening very good as soon as possible
07agungagx - 14/10/2012 06:34 PM

hello agan2 i'm verry happy that kaskus have some english forum i think its so usefull for us to improve our english, i'm so sorry if my english is not good,please telling me if i have some mistake when i write this message,

i'm very confused how to improved my english covertation,writing and reading,someties memorize a lot of word its not enough to improve my english, when i was memorized some word in english vocab and try to have some convertation with other people i just can arrange the sentence what i want to say just in my mind and when i would to try put out all of the sentence in my mind i always say not clearly and always speaking discontinuously, i think i need more exercise to train my convertation, any suggestion agan-agan how to imporve my convertation ? someday to improve my english convertation i make some deal to my girlfrieng if we always use english convertation when we are have some chatting or have some call, but i think its not work enough, please give me some suggestion ,,,,,
thank you
rokiebottom - 14/10/2012 06:40 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By 07agungagx
hello agan2 i'm verry happy that kaskus has some english forum i think it's so useful for us to improve our english, i'm so sorry if my english is not good,please tell me if i have some mistake when i write this message,

i'm very confused on how to improve my english coversation,writing and reading,sometimes memorizing a lot of words is not enough to improve my english, when i was memorizing some word in english vocab and trying to have some convertation with other people i just can arrange the sentence what i want to say just in my mind and when i try to put out all of the sentences in my mind i always say not clearly and always speak discontinuously, i think i need more exercises to train my convertation, any suggestion agan-agan on how to improve my convertation ? someday to improve my english convertation i make some deal to my girlfriend if we always use english conversation when we are having some chatting or having some call, but i think it's not working enough, please give me some suggestion ,,,,,
thank you

Firstly, please accustom yourself to use Capital Letter for Subject pronoun 'I' \)

How about talking to yourself by describing something 2 times for 15 minutes each everyday.
Well, actually that's a brand new method that I'm going to use to improve mine too \)
lastpanji - 18/10/2012 12:38 PM

hello , i'm new here D
sorry, my grammar is very bad.. malus
some friends told me (with laugh at the same time) that i was never speak english, but "javanglish" iloveindonesias .... and i don't offended about that, because -i'm realize- they're right, that i'm not good on it p
but i will not stop to learn how to be good in english -and grammar hammer- .... thanks to "TS" and everyones who help me improve my english :addfriends

*please check the grammar
JonyIskandar11 - 20/10/2012 02:31 AM

I need an advice.
Do you have any recommendations, which book should i buy, to improve my speaking (Conversation) ?

Thanks in advance.
JonyIskandar11 - 20/10/2012 02:33 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By cool_nf
nice thread ever
i hope i can speaking or listening very good as soon as possible

You're have a same goal with me, Let's practice! shakehand
Page 48 of 48 | ‹ First  < 43 44 45 46 47 48
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > :: Tips To Improve Your English ::