Semarang
Home > Kaskuser Regional > INDONESIA > JATENG DIY > Semarang > [ENGLISH CORNER] Let's Learn English
Total Views: 15286 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 3 of 114 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 09:45 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rokkerolla

I agree with you Ar, but however, we still need to learn tenses, because it's basic thing in English. Let put us into two situation, if we were in a conversation with a friend maybe we could ignore the grammar, but what if we did it with business partner? p

We still need to notice our grammar for formal situation.

Correct My Words If I Wrong Peace:

bussiness partner..yeah right, i had that situation..

one time before, 2 tourist come to my office to book a seat..i spoke to them with a little grammar, and they're fine..

another story , my dad talk to his colleage for their meubel shipment with a mess grammar, but his colleage is fine..no problemo..

but remember, i'm not in position disagree with u..just share some experience..i'm totally agree with u..

siul:[ENGLISH CORNER] Let's Learn English
rokkerolla - 02/03/2010 09:56 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By manusiaboemi

one time before, 2 tourist come to my office to book a seat..i spoke to them with a little grammar, and they're fine..

another story , my dad talk to his colleage for their meubel shipment with a mess grammar, but his colleage is fine..no problemo..

but remember, i'm not in position disagree with u..just share some experience..i'm totally agree with u..

Yeah, they had no problem if we wrong because they understand that we can't speak it well, at least they did understand what we meant D
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Yeah, they had no problem if we wrong because they understand that we can't speak it well, at least they did understand what we meant D

hu uh

(confuse for what can i post hereo)

rokkerolla - 02/03/2010 10:02 AM

Quote:
hu uh

(confuse for what can i post hereo)

me too, at least we got our "plus one" Peace:
let's move to Koecingan ngacir:
flex - 02/03/2010 10:09 AM

Quote:
I agree with you Ar, but however, we still need to learn tenses, because it's basic thing in English. Let put us into two situation, if we were in a conversation with a friend maybe we could ignore the grammar, but what if we did it with business partner? p

Mmmmm.... May I have somer words regarding the grammar?

For me personally, Tenses is only Past, Present and Future Tense. I just use those 3 basic Tenses. Even in my office (which is using English both for our business partners and for internal company communication we seldom use the right tenses. As long as the people you talking with is understand what you talking about and you understand them as well)

If we always busy with tenses, we will never talk.. So we better talk, and the tenses will come itself because we used to it. So don't worry with the grammar.

The difference about the casual situation and the formal situation is not in grammar. but in vocabulary. We should use the "formal" vocabulary instead the "casual" vocabulary. But there is no difference for the grammar..

Just my 2 cents.....
rokkerolla - 02/03/2010 10:22 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By flex

For me personally, Tenses is only Past, Present and Future Tense. I just use those 3 basic Tenses. Even in my office (which is using English both for our business partners and for internal company communication we seldom use the right tenses. As long as the people you talking with is understand what you talking about and you understand them as well)

If we always busy with tenses, we will never talk.. So we better talk, and the tenses will come itself because we used to it. So don't worry with the grammar.

The difference about the casual situation and the formal situation is not in grammar. but in vocabulary. We should use the "formal" vocabulary instead the "casual" vocabulary. But there is no difference for the grammar..

Just my 2 cents.....

Nice point bro thumbup:
Yeah I forgot about that vocabulary things, and you're right, there is no differences for the grammar, but at least, it'd be better if we use correct grammar if we had a conversation in formal,and even better if we use it in any situations maybe? D

And I really like the sentence that i give them bold, that the best way to learn english i think. Practice makes perfect.

Your post is really good, this kind of discussion that we need here, so we can improve our English skill.
telesco - 02/03/2010 10:38 AM

nubi here...malu:
this is my 1st time join in reg semarang forum....
please correct me if i have wrong with my english beer:
flex - 02/03/2010 11:04 AM

Quote:
Nice point bro thumbup:
Yeah I forgot about that vocabulary things, and you're right, there is no differences for the grammar, but at least, it'd be better if we use correct grammar if we had a conversation in formal,and even better if we use it in any situations maybe? D

And I really like the sentence that i give them bold, that the best way to learn english i think. Practice makes perfect.

Your post is really good, this kind of discussion that we need here, so we can improve our English skill.

Yaa.. I agree.. Grammar is important as well.. But don't make it as barrier and excuse not to start talking..
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 11:26 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By flex

Just my 2 cents.....

it'll be really hard if we think about tenses..i totally agree with u, one thing i forgot is the vocabulary, yes, you are right :

Quote:
We should use the "formal" vocabulary instead the "casual" vocabulary.

but, then come another problem, i don't understand which is "formal", which is "casual"..

in Indonesia, if u want call someone important, u can use "Anda", and if come your friend, u call them "Kamu", but in english, as far as i know, only one word represent for calling someone, it is "You"..isn't that right?so tell me if im wrong..

siul:
rokkerolla - 02/03/2010 11:36 AM

Quote:
it'll be really hard if we think about tenses..i totally agree with u, one thing i forgot is the vocabulary, yes, you are right :

We should use the "formal" vocabulary instead the "casual" vocabulary.

but, then come another problem, i don't understand which is "formal", which is "casual"..

in Indonesia, if u want call someone important, u can use "Anda", and if come your friend, u call them "Kamu", but in english, as far as i know, only one word represent for calling someone, it is "You"..isn't that right?so tell me if im wrong..

siul:

I suddenly remember about "ngoko" and "kromo" in Javanese.

Plus one Peace:
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 11:44 AM

Quote:
I suddenly remember about "ngoko" and "kromo" in Javanese.
Plus one Peace:

yeah, that's right..Javaneese had 2 vocabulary..we use "Kromo" if we talk to someone older than ourself, and we use "ngoko" if we talk to someone same age with us..
flex - 02/03/2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

siul:

The simple example is if we compare words "regarding" and "about"...

For example :

"Let's talk about this opportunity"

compare with

"Within this letter it would be good if we can discuss regarding the opportunity that you offered to me"

D D D D

Sorry for the silly example, but only that which appears in my head...

D D D
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 11:56 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By flex
The simple example is if we compare words "regarding" and "about"...

For example :

"Let's talk about this opportunity"

compare with

"Within this letter it would be good if we can discuss regarding the opportunity that you offered to me"

D D D D

Sorry for the silly example, but only that which appears in my head...

D D D

got it..

but think again, that's a letter not a conversation ngakak

learning english language is simply easy, but usually, i can't talk..my voice won't go out when i had a conversation..my head talk, but my mouth just locked down ngakak
bowienk - 02/03/2010 12:22 PM

Quote:
tenses is important thing for learning english..but i think to use tenses on daily conversation might be hard.. if u watch movie with english language, u will know that the actor is seldom using the right tenses..

and that's why for me, tenses on number 2 when i speak in english..

CMIIW siul:[ENGLISH CORNER] Let's Learn English

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Original Posted By flex

Just my 2 cents.....

Quote:
Nice point bro thumbup:

Quote:
Original Posted By flex
Yaa.. I agree.. Grammar is important as well.. But don't make it as barrier and excuse not to start talking..

Quote:

siul:

Quote:
got it..

learning english language is simply easy, but usually, i can't talk..my voice won't go out when i had a conversation..my head talk, but my mouth just locked down ngakak

wow...
i left for a meeting this morning, and found that my thread has become very popular D

based on what you guys talking about above, let me put this straight,

Tenses, is used in written communication, but, in verbal communication, whatever language you guys using, as long as both parties understand, it's OK...

as a professional, we should understand how to correspond to other, in written language, as good as verbal. why should we understand tense, it is merely to avoid misunderstanding in reading our written language.

well, I admit, I also had poor english capabilities, especially in written english, therefore, i'm planning to bring up again, one at a time, english lesson that we had before in classroom....

that's one of the function of KASKUS right? to learn something.....
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 12:44 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By bowienk
wow...
i left for a meeting this morning, and found that my thread has become very popular D

Tenses, is used in written communication, but, in verbal communication, whatever language you guys using, as long as both parties understand, it's OK...

as a professional, we should understand how to correspond to other, in written language, as good as verbal. why should we understand tense, it is merely to avoid misunderstanding in reading our written language.

well, I admit, I also had poor english capabilities, especially in written english, therefore, i'm planning to bring up again, one at a time, english lesson that we had before in classroom....

yeah....
bgc - 02/03/2010 12:47 PM

Quote:
yeah....

what a short comment
bowienk - 02/03/2010 12:52 PM

Quote:
yeah....

how come you post very long from WAP and post so damn short on PC??? mad:
flex - 02/03/2010 12:53 PM

Quote:
wow...

Yep... I'm totally agree with this.... And same case with me also... My English, especially written is not good enough... D D
manusiaboemi - 02/03/2010 12:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By bgc
what a short comment

ngakak
Quote:
how come you post very long from WAP and post so damn short on PC??? mad:

sorry, i got a headache with your powerfull english..besides, i confuse for what will i post here.. D

siul:
flex - 02/03/2010 12:57 PM

Quote:
got it..

it's only the matter of time bro... Get used to speak in English.. For the first time it will be awkward.. But more often you use it, more fluent your english...

The problem with most Indonesian regarding the English... They afraid to have a wrong sentences... That's the point that should be minimize...
Page 3 of 114 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
Home > Kaskuser Regional > INDONESIA > JATENG DIY > Semarang > [ENGLISH CORNER] Let's Learn English