Fun with English
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Fun with English > Let's chit-chat in a Fun Way (English YM Club)
Total Views: 29616 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 17 of 54 | ‹ First  < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >  Last ›

gunandrose - 28/11/2010 08:12 AM
I am Newbie [need an inspiration]
Sunday Morning ,

feeling great to know this thread,
let's check out my biodata :
kaskus id : gunandrose
ym id : [email]dirgan_aja@yahooo.com[/email]
skype id : dirgan.udyana

it's to be pleasure to chat with all of you gan .
ilovekaskusiloveindonesia
greatperdana - 28/11/2010 08:17 AM

I am a new member too

ym : [email]tegar.perdana@yahoo.com[/email]

nice to meet you..malu
faeezhar14 - 28/11/2010 07:58 PM

hi friends, may I join?
ym: [email]mohammadfzrs@yahoo.com[/email]

you can call me izar (:
RadicaL dReameR - 28/11/2010 08:08 PM
I propose a Conversation Club!
I find chatting in English is far more easier than speaking... In my future job (I'm still a college student), influent speaking is not tolerable... While my economic situation doesn't allow me to take expensive English course... So would Kaskuser help me in this matter? I speak british accent, so for you who had some admiration to Jude Law, Hugh Grant, or even Daniel Radcliff I might get you girls excited! :P
this is my ym account
[email]adheet_bejho@yahoo.com[/email]
a general description for me :
I'm an honest, patient, and easy going person. I'm happily be friend with anyone. Hope my thread is not deleted T_T
thank you every one
KellyMayonaka - 28/11/2010 11:01 PM

Try omegle gan.

And hope you'll find your chatmate soon.Let's chit-chat in a Fun Way (English YM Club)
spacemanspliff - 29/11/2010 03:28 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By RadicaL dReameR
I find chatting in English is far more easier than speaking... In my future job (I'm still a college student), influent speaking is not tolerable... While my economic situation doesn't allow me to take expensive English course... So would Kaskuser help me in this matter? I speak british accent, so for you who had some admiration to Jude Law, Hugh Grant, or even Daniel Radcliff I might get you girls excited! :P
this is my ym account
[email]adheet_bejho@yahoo.com[/email]
a general description for me :
I'm an honest, patient, and easy going person. I'm happily be friend with anyone. Hope my thread is not deleted T_T
thank you every one

Hello there,

There is, I believe, a thread that requests your seemingly potential guidance to speak the British tongue; just maybe, you could deliver good tips for the thread starter to, at least, sound like Jude Law, Hugh Grant, or Harry Potter - hehe.

Grande sir!
el_stup1do - 29/11/2010 05:35 AM

You can check the existing chat club over here:
https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=4647278
p3nataline - 29/11/2010 10:55 AM

Hi friends,

Please mention that you are from kaskus when you trying to add someone here. Sorry for friends who is adding me as friends but I declined as there is no notes mentioning where are you from.
AngelicRayment - 29/11/2010 02:54 PM

What's with this "British Accent" people keeps on spouting about, correction you don't have British Accent, you have ASIAN Accent like most asian does.

You're under influenced of British English because you tend to spell Can't with an A instead of americanised Can't that spells like Kent.

And another thing is, while it sounds classy and cool to sounds like a British, British accent is not something you can learn if you're born and bred a Brit. It's not like a "bule" can come up and say I have Indonesian accent of English, it's just... plainly speaking wrong.

Besides, asian speaks asian accent, there's nothing wrong and there's nothing to be ashamed off, Good English is a Good English regardless of your accent.

Claiming you have an accent of other people while it is clear that you're not even British will only.... means that you don't grasp the very definition of "Accent"
spacemanspliff - 29/11/2010 05:12 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By AngelicRayment
What's with this "British Accent" people keeps on spouting about, correction you don't have British Accent, you have ASIAN Accent like most asian does.

You're under influenced of British English because you tend to spell Can't with an A instead of americanised Can't that spells like Kent.

And another thing is, while it sounds classy and cool to sounds like a British, British accent is not something you can learn if you're born and bred a Brit. It's not like a "bule" can come up and say I have Indonesian accent of English, it's just... plainly speaking wrong.

Besides, asian speaks asian accent, there's nothing wrong and there's nothing to be ashamed off, Good English is a Good English regardless of your accent.

Claiming you have an accent of other people while it is clear that you're not even British will only.... means that you don't grasp the very definition of "Accent"

Wondering mate, in need of guidance, please show me the light, and so on; would it be possible for Asian to speak in an accent other than the Asian one? An example would be a dear friend of mine, a Chinese kid who speaks proper English tongue, or a Japanese who sounds very English; the two sound like Englishmen when they speak. Should I categorize their accent to be Asian?

Your explanation would be most appreciated mate.

Sankyuuu!
spacemanspliff - 29/11/2010 06:10 PM

TS, in my opinion after 15 minutes or so of direct conversation experience, is a friendly fella who tries to start an English club in his campus. Please contact him should any of you live around Bintaro, TS is studying at STP Trisakti. TS aims to improve his English skill, together with others who share the same good interest.

Grande!
AngelicRayment - 29/11/2010 07:41 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By spacemanspliff
Wondering mate, in need of guidance, please show me the light, and so on; would it be possible for Asian to speak in an accent other than the Asian one? An example would be a dear friend of mine, a Chinese kid who speaks proper English tongue, or a Japanese who sounds very English; the two sound like Englishmen when they speak. Should I categorize their accent to be Asian?

Your explanation would be most appreciated mate.

Sankyuuu!

There is British Accent, but those are for the non British who lives abroad or stayed abroad for a very long time.

The thing with British accent is that it is not something you can learn by imitating, trust me when I say try speaking in British accent when you look asian and doesn't even remotely sounds like british will just humiliate you.

We called it Brits wannabe.

So, my advice is just practise clear and precise English, and whatever accent comes along is your identity.

There are many forms of English Accent, notably American, British, but we also have swedish, spanish, german, afrikan, chinese, Singaporean, Japanese accent.

It is the identity of certain race when they speak English.

I believe that 99% of Indonesian thinks that British is the only good accent and it is "OMGWTFSUPERKEWL" to be able to speak in pure British Accent, but let me tell you that unless you're born British or raised there, you will never be able to master the British accent.

So before you bother about accent, please just pay attention on getting your English correct first and foremost, your accent will come naturally as you go along.

There's no point worrying about "BRITISH ACCENT" when one can not even form a simple grammatically correct sentences.

Just like BULE will never be able to speak Javanese in a real Javanese accent, don't expect ourself to be British, because we're not. Unless that Bule was born / raised in Java then perhaps he can have that javenese accent.
RadicaL dReameR - 29/11/2010 08:54 PM

Quote:
There is British Accent, but those are for the non British who lives abroad or stayed abroad for a very long time.

The thing with British accent is that it is not something you can learn by imitating, trust me when I say try speaking in British accent when you look asian and doesn't even remotely sounds like british will just humiliate you.

We called it Brits wannabe.

So, my advice is just practise clear and precise English, and whatever accent comes along is your identity.

There are many forms of English Accent, notably American, British, but we also have swedish, spanish, german, afrikan, chinese, Singaporean, Japanese accent.

It is the identity of certain race when they speak English.

I believe that 99% of Indonesian thinks that British is the only good accent and it is "OMGWTFSUPERKEWL" to be able to speak in pure British Accent, but let me tell you that unless you're born British or raised there, you will never be able to master the British accent.

So before you bother about accent, please just pay attention on getting your English correct first and foremost, your accent will come naturally as you go along.

There's no point worrying about "BRITISH ACCENT" when one can not even form a simple grammatically correct sentences.

Just like BULE will never be able to speak Javanese in a real Javanese accent, don't expect ourself to be British, because we're not. Unless that Bule was born / raised in Java then perhaps he can have that javenese accent.

well then... how could you explain about the actor whom not raised nor born in england, but to fulfill the role he/she was given then imitates the englishman... their way of speaking could manipulate people mind and suggesting they are from england!

Quote:
Original Posted By spacemanspliff
TS, in my opinion after 15 minutes or so of direct conversation experience, is a friendly fella who tries to start an English club in his campus. Please contact him should any of you live around Bintaro, TS is studying at STP Trisakti. TS aims to improve his English skill, together with others who share the same good interest.

Grande!

Cheers! beer:
AngelicRayment - 29/11/2010 09:21 PM

Quote:
well then... how could you explain about the actor whom not raised nor born in england, but to fulfill the role he/she was given then imitates the englishman... their way of speaking could manipulate people mind and suggesting they are from england!

Cheers! beer:

Oh... wait, you forget one thing... that most of the actor you mentioned does have English as their first language. Doh! It is possible for example Indonesian to speak and sounds like Malaysian, with a proper adding of vocabulary and training, just like in the movies where you can pretend to be someone you're not for a short amount of time where the scene is being taken.

Look, if you don't believe me. go watch British actors you mentioned above, and after that, go talk to the man in the mirror and tell me that the man in the mirror is speaking in British accent.

British Accent is overrated, stop getting obsessed with it. Trying to sounds British will only make your English sounds weird.
The2ndHeir - 30/11/2010 01:49 AM

Quote:

Also, they're ACTOR in movie. It means that they can retake their scenes/dialog over and over again until they sound like a proper Englishman
danielsihotang - 30/11/2010 10:13 AM

hello..
My name is daniel
My kaskus id is danielsihotang
i have 2 account that i oftenly used
Dafitforever and sihotang.daniel@ymail.com
Btw,i used gyache,so if i add u guys,i cant write a message,coz theres no way to send message in gyache.or anybody used gyache here,so can give me a help.thxLet's chit-chat in a Fun Way (English YM Club)
hydana - 30/11/2010 01:28 PM

hiii im newbie
may i join this club

YM = hydana_id
kaskus id =hydana

thx guys
RadicaL dReameR - 01/12/2010 10:43 AM

Quote:
Oh... wait, you forget one thing... that most of the actor you mentioned does have English as their first language. Doh! It is possible for example Indonesian to speak and sounds like Malaysian, with a proper adding of vocabulary and training, just like in the movies where you can pretend to be someone you're not for a short amount of time where the scene is being taken.

Look, if you don't believe me. go watch British actors you mentioned above, and after that, go talk to the man in the mirror and tell me that the man in the mirror is speaking in British accent.

British Accent is overrated, stop getting obsessed with it. Trying to sounds British will only make your English sounds weird.

The way you talk implies that Indonesian people should stick singing dangdut because its their root music. Indonesian people who admired brit pop or jazz should not even consider about make ends meet through those music... Thats is simply sounded... racist/discriminate...
AngelicRayment - 01/12/2010 11:41 AM

Quote:
The way you talk implies that Indonesian people should stick singing dangdut because its their root music. Indonesian people who admired brit pop or jazz should not even consider about make ends meet through those music... Thats is simply sounded... racist/discriminate...

And the way you talk seems like you immortalise british people.

I never said that Indonesian people should not learn English or their culture, infact I do encourage Indonesians to see the world and broaden up their mindset and value other people's culture without belittling our own culture.

There is one thing to like / learning new culture, but you simply do not go around claiming to have British Accent while you have no direct linkage with British in the first place.

And please don't use that racist card, you don't even know what Racist or discriminate means. You're suggesting I'm racist because I told you you're not British so don't expect to talk like a Brits? Yeah... right...
spacemanspliff - 01/12/2010 02:33 PM

Quote:
And the way you talk seems like you immortalise british people.

I never said that Indonesian people should not learn English or their culture, infact I do encourage Indonesians to see the world and broaden up their mindset and value other people's culture without belittling our own culture.

There is one thing to like / learning new culture, but you simply do not go around claiming to have British Accent while you have no direct linkage with British in the first place.

And please don't use that racist card, you don't even know what Racist or discriminate means. You're suggesting I'm racist because I told you you're not British so don't expect to talk like a Brits? Yeah... right...

Dearest friends,

I see this thread is slowly turning into an ugly debating forum [my apology for the little exaggeration], hehe. I had a little chit chat with TS, motivated to place a challenge towards his claiming to speak the "Jude Law" English; but, instead of finding a complete twat, I found a friendly fella who aimed to just improve his English by getting a community together.

He might have foolishly posted, and delivered such potentially wrong impression about his effort to improve his English [yes, I could not agree more]; however, I believe the existence of our forum here would have a great impact on learners like TS to develop his personal linguistic skill, and it would be a defined moral task for your [or others'] fluency to provide good guidance within the good intention to be a part of the forum.

I hope this post carries a valuable understanding for all.

Cheers!

Spaceman
Page 17 of 54 | ‹ First  < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Fun with English > Let's chit-chat in a Fun Way (English YM Club)