English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 13 of 42 | ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >  Last ›

rahan - 13/03/2011 10:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By adindra2
I am preparing for the IBT TOEFL TEST right now.
I have already the book which is,
Northstar longman IBT TOEFL Intermediate & Northstar longman IBT TOEFL High Intermediate.
Should I buy annother book like Barron's IBT TOEFL?
Which is better Northstar longman IBT TOEFL or Barron's IBT TOEFL?
which book do you recommend for IBT TOEFL preparation?

I am sorry for telling the brand Peace:Peace: but it's just for clear explanation.

I would say that the way you optimize your schedule as your winning point on an IBT Preparation. Plan your study well so that it will fit your daily schedule. You shouldn't worry about what book, coz most of its content provide same basic explanation. Still, if you have the budget, buying another book will provide you with wider perspective.

evaluate your progress with the IBT software. that can be done after every 10-12 academic hours. ilovekaskus iloveindonesia
soyuzzz - 14/03/2011 09:29 AM

I'm planning to take TOEFL iBT test. I take it for job hunting purpose. Now i'm considering whether taking a TOEFL course or just buying a TOEFL book or tutorial. I need your advice guys...what should i do ? Taking a TOEFL course or buying TOEFL book or tutorial?
adindra2 - 14/03/2011 10:37 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
I would say that the way you optimize your schedule as your winning point on an IBT Preparation. Plan your study well so that it will fit your daily schedule. You shouldn't worry about what book, coz most of its content provide same basic explanation. Still, if you have the budget, buying another book will provide you with wider perspective.

evaluate your progress with the IBT software. that can be done after every 10-12 academic hours. ilovekaskus iloveindonesia

so the point is 2 kinds of book that I already have (already mentioned before) are already enough to prepare for the IBT TOEFL Test?
thx for the advice. \)
rahan - 14/03/2011 11:59 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By soyuzzz
I'm planning to take TOEFL iBT test. I take it for job hunting purpose. Now i'm considering whether taking a TOEFL course or just buying a TOEFL book or tutorial. I need your advice guys...what should i do ? Taking a TOEFL course or buying TOEFL book or tutorial?

Maybe ...

If you are a self-motivated person
If you can get deepest insight from a book, text, articles, without having to read it several times
If you can schedule your time efficiently for studying purpose
If you don't need an atmosphere of competition
If you are a night-person (who prefer the middle of the night as proper time to study than in a daylight)
If you have easy-access to this useful thread to ask questions .. then I suggest you to buy / download TOEFL IBT Book, Audio, and Software...

but

If you hardly ever try to motivate yourself
If you easily get stuck when reading anything
If you need your time to be planned by someone else
If you need competition atmosphere to bring out the best in you
If you study effectively with a teacher
and the most important point, if you're sure that the Teacher tutoring you
is someone who qualified and dedicated (believe me most Teacher are just stuck with their job)
then ... taking a TUTORIAL / preparation program hopefully will give an awesome result.

ilovekaskus iloveindonesia
demonwings - 14/03/2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

I suggest you to take a TOEFL iBT course.

-------------------------

sabtu maren pertamax tes IBT .. gile susah bener ya \(
chiezt - 14/03/2011 09:27 PM

Hello, I want to know if there's still any place provide the Paper Based Test in Jakarta?
I've googled and only found about IBT..

I'm too afraid to take the IBT because my writing is terrible! :mewek

Or maybe is there any IBT prediction test that I could take before the real test?

Thanks in advance..
Stressing out here :nohope
rahan - 15/03/2011 08:12 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By chiezt
Hello, I want to know if there's still any place provide the Paper Based Test in Jakarta?
I've googled and only found about IBT..

I'm too afraid to take the IBT because my writing is terrible! :mewek

Or maybe is there any IBT prediction test that I could take before the real test?

Thanks in advance..
Stressing out here :nohope

CMIIW

AMINEF
CIMB NIAGA Plaza, Lantai 3
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25
Jakarta 12920
Telp. : 021-52961966; 52961977
Fax.: 52961962

Rp. 300.000,- test every tuesday - enroll one week before test
KLanese - 16/03/2011 06:46 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
CMIIW

AMINEF
CIMB NIAGA Plaza, Lantai 3
Jl. Jend. Sudirman Kav. 25
Jakarta 12920
Telp. : 021-52961966; 52961977
Fax.: 52961962

Rp. 300.000,- test every tuesday - enroll one week before test

yup, thanks gan rahan beer:
soyuzzz - 16/03/2011 08:29 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
Maybe ...

If you are a self-motivated person
If you can get deepest insight from a book, text, articles, without having to read it several times
If you can schedule your time efficiently for studying purpose
If you don't need an atmosphere of competition
If you are a night-person (who prefer the middle of the night as proper time to study than in a daylight)
If you have easy-access to this useful thread to ask questions .. then I suggest you to buy / download TOEFL IBT Book, Audio, and Software...

but

If you hardly ever try to motivate yourself
If you easily get stuck when reading anything
If you need your time to be planned by someone else
If you need competition atmosphere to bring out the best in you
If you study effectively with a teacher
and the most important point, if you're sure that the Teacher tutoring you
is someone who qualified and dedicated (believe me most Teacher are just stuck with their job)
then ... taking a TUTORIAL / preparation program hopefully will give an awesome result.

Quote:
I suggest you to take a TOEFL iBT course.

Thanks for your advices mates... i'm considering to to take a TOEFL course now. Anyone know about TOEFL course in yogyakarta which held in the near future?

Spoiler for Funny Comic About Korea
KLanese - 18/03/2011 10:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks for your advices mates... i'm considering to to take a TOEFL course now. Anyone know about TOEFL course in yogyakarta which held in the near future?

refer to the first page of this thread shakehand
adindra2 - 19/03/2011 10:12 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan

so the point is 2 kinds of book that I already have (already mentioned before) are already enough to prepare for the IBT TOEFL Test?
thx for the advice. \)
shayne - 20/03/2011 01:53 AM
Toefl ITP
anybody have the information about the Toefl ITP test takes place in march or april?
i need it urgently, thanks a lot for the information
weakman - 23/03/2011 11:21 AM

very nice share.. hm.. actually i am so motivated by this thread to take some course for preparing my self for TOEFL test.
I want to track my skill progress gan
Thanks gan..ilovekaskus
StrawberyLover - 23/03/2011 11:34 AM

very nice share....
please share others info gan... actualy i want to prepare my self to toefl test
ilovekaskus
iloveindonesiailoveindonesiailoveindonesia
rahan - 24/03/2011 07:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By shayne
anybody have the information about the Toefl ITP test takes place in march or april?
i need it urgently, thanks a lot for the information

if you are currently staying in Jakarta, you could try the AMINEF address which I have posted previously .. Bandung: try to contact Lembaga Bahasa UPI or ITB ... sorry for this late response

Quote:
Original Posted By weakman
very nice share.. hm.. actually i am so motivated by this thread to take some course for preparing my self for TOEFL test.
I want to track my skill progress gan
Thanks gan..ilovekaskus

Quote:
Original Posted By StrawberyLover
very nice share....
please share others info gan... actualy i want to prepare my self to toefl test
ilovekaskus
iloveindonesiailoveindonesiailoveindonesia

weakman & strawberry lover using quite the same phrase ... :P this is strange. however ... please ask your questions so we can give a try to answer it. ilovekaskus
adindra2 - 27/03/2011 06:28 PM

what is better for the beginners to take IBT TOEFL or IELTS? based on quantity of the materials.
I look at the book, why the IELTS book is much thinner than IBT TOEFL book?
anyone can give advice?
thx before. \)
rahan - 29/03/2011 10:23 PM
IELTS VS TOEFL for beginner
Quote:
what is better for the beginners to take IBT TOEFL or IELTS? based on quantity of the materials.
I look at the book, why the IELTS book is much thinner than IBT TOEFL book?
anyone can give advice?
thx before. \)

IELTS and TOEFL iBT. Which one is better for the beginner?

In this case, you mention definition of beginner, we need to understand that term precisely before we can give any specific response.

Which of these 'beginner' you have in mind?
Beginner = had taken Paper Based TOEFL in the Past, never ever studying IELTS. (buy the ibt book, go for TOEFL)

Beginner = never take any form of English test besides the one given at school. (buy any book, IELTS or TOEFL doesn't really matter, join preparation course)

Beginner = low level English competency, TOEFL PBT 450, Level 1-4 in REAL English EF (ask advice from trusted teacher, you can do both with preparation)

Beginner = doesn't understand English at all (study English intensively for one year, at least, before taking any test)

Beginner = someone who thinks to study TOEFL or IELTS for postgraduate scholarship requirement purpose, never study English intensively ...
(where do u want to apply? Aussie or USA? Aussie go for IELTS, USA go for TOEFL) but, as a matter of fact, they accept both test

The quantity: The IELTS book may look thinner, however I'm afraid we can't say anything about it, since it doesn't reflect the quality of the test.

NB: to KLANESE: Where are you bro? ... are you okay ... or you just busy working somewhere someplace wkwkwkw beer:
adindra2 - 30/03/2011 09:53 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
IELTS and TOEFL iBT. Which one is better for the beginner?

In this case, you mention definition of beginner, we need to understand that term precisely before we can give any specific response.

Which of these 'beginner' you have in mind?
Beginner = had taken Paper Based TOEFL in the Past, never ever studying IELTS. (buy the ibt book, go for TOEFL)

Beginner = never take any form of English test besides the one given at school. (buy any book, IELTS or TOEFL doesn't really matter, join preparation course)

Beginner = low level English competency, TOEFL PBT 450, Level 1-4 in REAL English EF (ask advice from trusted teacher, you can do both with preparation)

Beginner = doesn't understand English at all (study English intensively for one year, at least, before taking any test)

Beginner = someone who thinks to study TOEFL or IELTS for postgraduate scholarship requirement purpose, never study English intensively ...
(where do u want to apply? Aussie or USA? Aussie go for IELTS, USA go for TOEFL) but, as a matter of fact, they accept both test

The quantity: The IELTS book may look thinner, however I'm afraid we can't say anything about it, since it doesn't reflect the quality of the test.

NB: to KLANESE: Where are you bro? ... are you okay ... or you just busy working somewhere someplace wkwkwkw beer:

I am belong to this criteria.
Beginner = had taken Paper Based TOEFL in the Past, never ever studying IELTS. (buy the ibt book, go for TOEFL).

can you give me advice?D
winzer - 30/03/2011 11:55 AM

Hi ALL, wanna ask a good GRE Preparation course in Jakarta.. you know some good institutions that have that kind of programs?

Thank you so much!
rahan - 30/03/2011 10:49 PM

Quote:
I am belong to this criteria.
Beginner = had taken Paper Based TOEFL in the Past, never ever studying IELTS. (buy the ibt book, go for TOEFL).

can you give me advice?D

First, you set a date to take the pre-test by yourself.
Let's say, 1st April ... use the IBT Software from any publisher u like/have,
the result of your pre-test then will serve as starting point.

Go study intensively (either with a book or join a prep course) for several months maybe three to six months?

retake the test using the software mention earlier ... the purpose is clear which is to see whether you can apply strategies/tricks that u've got from the book/prep course ...

if you're satisfy with the score ... you can jump in to the real test...
otherwise ... take another two or three tests ... so you can compare your performance after several tests

good luck ilovekaskus iloveindonesia

Quote:
Original Posted By winzer
Hi ALL, wanna ask a good GRE Preparation course in Jakarta.. you know some good institutions that have that kind of programs?

Thank you so much!

I've heard you can find one in PASCAL (PatraJasa Building 9th floor) Gatot Subroto

and you can also check EEC sites
http://www.eec.co.id/gre.html
Page 13 of 42 | ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]