English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 17 of 42 | ‹ First  < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >  Last ›

ivandjaw - 03/05/2011 11:59 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By NilNilNil
tes toefl tuh diadain di mana ya gan?ane cek webnya di ets cuma ada keterangan kota doang ,abis tu gambar di page one ga kluar inet lemot hammer
klo mo daftar ke mana ya gan?

cek page one gan

lokasi test center akan muncul sesuai dengan kota yg dipilih.

Di Jakarta yg ane tau bisa di Menara Imperium, di HR Rasuna Said.

Semoga membantu.
aSAPlover - 04/05/2011 02:19 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By sasamakan
anyone here have been taken IELTS prep in IALF before?
Can I ask you some question??

if u can not find anyone here.... then u may try joining this Facebook group of IALF alumni. Ask any question in that group...

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=55329614647
ywzapt - 08/05/2011 01:48 PM

hi everyone. I'm newbie heremalu: Well I plan to take a toefl test in aug or sept. The last toefl test that I took was ITP 2 years ago and my score was 490(sorry, my grammar is very badhammer:malus) Right now, I want to prepare myself again. My first plan is take a toefl preparation class. Yesterday I tried to ask EF, but they need minimum 8 person for preparation toefl class and until now there are only 3 people including menohope: beside it is very expensive too.....
Ok, then it's time for plan B. I tried to look toefl books in gramedia. But, oh wow I never thought that this kind of books is very expensive too\( I thought the price range between 50-100rb rupiaho and the actual is 6 times higherhammer
Then I tried looking the free one in kaskus:kbgt\(Indonesian people do love free things right;)D) but it seems the link in page 1 is dead\(
Well, if there is someone who have this kind of ebook and program and don't mind to share, I would appreciate your helpkiss
thanks in advancerecsel
ivandjaw - 09/05/2011 10:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By ywzapt
hi everyone. I'm newbie heremalu: Well I plan to take a toefl test in aug or sept. The last toefl test that I took was ITP 2 years ago and my score was 490(sorry, my grammar is very badhammer:malus) Right now, I want to prepare myself again. My first plan is take a toefl preparation class. Yesterday I tried to ask EF, but they need minimum 8 person for preparation toefl class and until now there are only 3 people including menohope: beside it is very expensive too.....
Ok, then it's time for plan B. I tried to look toefl books in gramedia. But, oh wow I never thought that this kind of books is very expensive too\( I thought the price range between 50-100rb rupiaho and the actual is 6 times higherhammer
Then I tried looking the free one in kaskus:kbgt\(Indonesian people do love free things right;)D) but it seems the link in page 1 is dead\(
Well, if there is someone who have this kind of ebook and program and don't mind to share, I would appreciate your helpkiss
thanks in advancerecsel

hi! welcome to kaskus english community!

TOEFL preparation class will be more expensive than the book and furthermore, regardless of whether you are going to take the preparation course, you still need to buy a book. I think it will be worthed to invest for a preparation book although it is somewhat expensive, but I believe it will be around 300-400 thousands Rp.

I don't have any of these e-books, maybe other can help you, but I do have the computer training for iBT test.
torres_oyoy - 09/05/2011 03:50 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw

TOEFL preparation class will be more expensive than the book and furthermore, regardless of whether you are going to take the preparation course, you still need to buy a book. I think it will be worthed to invest for a preparation book although it is somewhat expensive, but I believe it will be around 300-400 thousands Rp.

I don't have any of these e-books, maybe other can help you, but I do have the computer training for iBT test.

do u mind to share it? o
if possible D

and i wanna ask also,
for TOEFL IBT at speaking session, how many question will be provided?
and how long the duration for each question for us to answer it?

thank u
ywzapt - 09/05/2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

wow that kind of program is exactly what I looking forgenit:genit:
do you mind to share itD
Kayvein - 09/05/2011 11:20 PM

can anyone give me a link for toefl questions ?

i want to try it and see how much i'll get

since i'm having the toefl test in the next 2 weeks

and i dont have ane preparation yet p

how many sections does toefl have ?

is it only 3 which are structure, listening and reading ?

no speaking at all ?

and, i need to get 500 score. wonder if it's easy or not ? D

and also, what is the max score for toefl ?

thx to those who will answer my question

shakehand
KLanese - 10/05/2011 12:39 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Kayvein

no speaking at all ?

shakehand

Are you talking about Paper-Based Test (PBT) TOEFL gan? this test is longer used for International study admission requirement. Yet, some Indonesian institutions still use it for certain purposes. PBT has 3 sections (listening-structure-reading), if necessary one more additional section will be added that is writing (TWE)

If you aim to achieve 500, it means that your English level is about in the intermediate level. So, you can easily get the target.
ivandjaw - 10/05/2011 01:07 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By torres_oyoy
do u mind to share it? o
if possible D

and i wanna ask also,
for TOEFL IBT at speaking session, how many question will be provided?
and how long the duration for each question for us to answer it?

thank u

sure, please look for my email address somewhere in this forum and send me an email for the link.

Quote:
wow that kind of program is exactly what I looking forgenit:genit:
do you mind to share itD

same as above, look for my email address somewhere in this forum and send me an email about it.

Quote:

no speaking at all ?

shakehand

2 weeks to go and you even havent had any preparation? I guess you are a rich man ilovekaskus

TOEFL iBT's scoring system has changed from the old PBT (Paper Based Test) TOEFL where iBT score will range from 1-120 and they have the conversion table if your institution / organization demand the old PBT standard score.

TOEFL iBT consists of 4 sections, i.e Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. In reading, you will be asked to read about 4-6 passages (i can't remember the exact number, but it's around there) and answer questions based on the passage. In listening section, you will hear about 4-6 conversations and you will be asked to answer questions based on those conversations. The tricky part is speaking where you will be asked to speak about 6 topics, once the question is given, you will only have about 15-45 seconds (depend on topics) to prepare your answer and about 45 seconds - 1 minute to speak up. This is where,AFAIK most of Indonesian test taker unable to score well. The last part is writing where you will be given 2 topics and you need to write an essay for both of the topics.

Best of Luck! ilovekaskus
Kayvein - 11/05/2011 12:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
Are you talking about Paper-Based Test (PBT) TOEFL gan? this test is longer used for International study admission requirement. Yet, some Indonesian institutions still use it for certain purposes. PBT has 3 sections (listening-structure-reading), if necessary one more additional section will be added that is writing (TWE)

If you aim to achieve 500, it means that your English level is about in the intermediate level. So, you can easily get the target.

Quote:
sure, please look for my email address somewhere in this forum and send me an email for the link.

same as above, look for my email address somewhere in this forum and send me an email about it.

2 weeks to go and you even havent had any preparation? I guess you are a rich man ilovekaskus

TOEFL iBT's scoring system has changed from the old PBT (Paper Based Test) TOEFL where iBT score will range from 1-120 and they have the conversion table if your institution / organization demand the old PBT standard score.

TOEFL iBT consists of 4 sections, i.e Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing. In reading, you will be asked to read about 4-6 passages (i can't remember the exact number, but it's around there) and answer questions based on the passage. In listening section, you will hear about 4-6 conversations and you will be asked to answer questions based on those conversations. The tricky part is speaking where you will be asked to speak about 6 topics, once the question is given, you will only have about 15-45 seconds (depend on topics) to prepare your answer and about 45 seconds - 1 minute to speak up. This is where,AFAIK most of Indonesian test taker unable to score well. The last part is writing where you will be given 2 topics and you need to write an essay for both of the topics.

Best of Luck! ilovekaskus

well im not a rich man though, LOL

anyway, im going on PBT not IBT

and i just got my tryout results...

i got 540 on listening, 420 najis on structure and i gave up on the reading section..

the reason i got 420 is because, while im doing the test, there were like 2 other people who are learning speaking with my teacher and i can barely concentrate... seriously, i cant even absorb a single sentence into my brain !!

and anyway, can anyonle give me tips for the reading section.
my teacher gave me like 50-55 questions and i've to finish it for 55'

which is pretty hard for me, especially the articles are pretty long and the words are pretty difficult.

im not even sure i'll pass 500
never thought that the reading section would be this hard !!!
ivandjaw - 11/05/2011 01:22 AM

Quote:
well im not a rich man though, LOL

anyway, im going on PBT not IBT

and i just got my tryout results...

i got 540 on listening, 420 najis on structure and i gave up on the reading section..

the reason i got 420 is because, while im doing the test, there were like 2 other people who are learning speaking with my teacher and i can barely concentrate... seriously, i cant even absorb a single sentence into my brain !!

and anyway, can anyonle give me tips for the reading section.
my teacher gave me like 50-55 questions and i've to finish it for 55'

which is pretty hard for me, especially the articles are pretty long and the words are pretty difficult.

im not even sure i'll pass 500
never thought that the reading section would be this hard !!!

why don't u take the iBT instead? AFAIK there are no pbt offered by ETS unless you are taking those test in the place where internet connection is not available.
Kayvein - 11/05/2011 02:05 AM

Quote:
why don't u take the iBT instead? AFAIK there are no pbt offered by ETS unless you are taking those test in the place where internet connection is not available.

well actually i applied to UPH jakarta

and they provide the toefl test, which i dont need to pay, and i guess it would be it pBT since they informed us to go there on 21st may due to the test

and in order to get into the english course i need to get 500 at the toefl

and my mom really wanted me to get into the english course

\(
aSAPlover - 11/05/2011 07:09 AM

Quote:
well actually i applied to UPH jakarta

and they provide the toefl test, which i dont need to pay, and i guess it would be it pBT

Let me guess ;)
1. That is NOT pbt, because there is no PBT in Indo. There are many IBT test center in Indo.
2. That is only a kind of TOEFL Prediction test as an English Placement Test.
3. If u r lucky, then that is an ITP
Kayvein - 11/05/2011 01:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By aSAPlover
Let me guess ;)
1. That is NOT pbt, because there is no PBT in Indo. There are many IBT test center in Indo.
2. That is only a kind of TOEFL Prediction test as an English Placement Test.
3. If u r lucky, then that is an ITP

whats ITP anw ?

so is it going to be easier then ?

ohh i c so there's no pBT in indonesia
ywzapt - 11/05/2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

sorry gan, I've tried looking for your email address but I can't found it... well but I've send my email address to your PM. Hope u don't mind:angel

Quote:
whats ITP anw ?

so is it going to be easier then ?

ohh i c so there's no pBT in indonesia

I try to answer itD
ITP = institutional toefll test
well basically it's not an official toefl test. Just some test that resemble toefl but it held by your university. you can check page 1, there is information about this. CMIIW
is it going to be easier? well I don't know eitherp. I've taken this kind of test 2 years ago, and score only 490hammer:

yes, sadly there is no PBT again in Indonesia. And they replace it with IBT which is a lot harder:\(
Kayvein - 11/05/2011 10:30 PM

Quote:
sorry gan, I've tried looking for your email address but I can't found it... well but I've send my email address to your PM. Hope u don't mind:angel

I try to answer itD
ITP = institutional toefll test
well basically it's not an official toefl test. Just some test that resemble toefl but it held by your university. you can check page 1, there is information about this. CMIIW
is it going to be easier? well I don't know eitherp. I've taken this kind of test 2 years ago, and score only 490hammer:

yes, sadly there is no PBT again in Indonesia. And they replace it with IBT which is a lot harder:\(

so, the university is the one who'll make the test ?

oh sorry, havent checked the page one p

well i just hope that it will be much easier than the normal pbt toefl

since i really had a lot of problem with this reading

:nohope
aSAPlover - 11/05/2011 11:54 PM

Quote:
so, the university is the one who'll make the test ?

oh sorry, havent checked the page one p

well i just hope that it will be much easier than the normal pbt toefl

since i really had a lot of problem with this reading

:nohope

ITP is one of ETS's product.

in this case, university is a kind of test centre. It is one of institutions licensed to administer TOEFL ITP tests. However, not all university have the license.

the TOEFL ITP tests are composed of previously administered TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) forms.

I did both of them (the ITP as well as the TOEFL IBT). IBT is much easier than ITP. Trust me. However the IBT is more expensive.
light99 - 12/05/2011 02:12 AM

hi guys this Saturday, i am going to take an ielt test.
i need to get at least band score 6.0 in order to study overseas.
here is my sample of writing. do you think this my writing could at least get a band score 6.0?

Question:
Under British and Australian laws a just in a criminal case has no access to information about defendant's past criminal record. this protects the person who is being accused of the crime.

some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be changed and that a jury should be given all the past facts before they reach their decision about the case.

My answer:

Concealing the past criminal record of defendant is one of the charateristic of British and Australian law. This has to be done in order to protect the accused one in one way or another. I think this is the law that my country should have had. Without any knowledge of defedant’s past crime, the jury can make a decision neutrally without any consideration of the past crime.
This law has been applied in all crime cases in those two countries. One of the examples is John Blueman case. He murdered a guy in a bar and the jury gave him ten years sentence. After walking out from the prison, he murdered a guy in the same bar. Without knowing his last crime, the jury gave him 7 years sentence. It would be life sentence if the jury knew what he did before.
In contrast, some people believe that revealing the defendant’s background would be much better. Some had debated about this major problem but always meet inevitable impasse. They were arguing that society is in danger with loosed criminals around. Nevertheless, giving them a second chance is necessary. They are human who deserve for a new life.
Overall, this law suit with most crimes well and it is also well developed. Despite of the rejection, this regulation is the best one for the time being. Practically, I just totally agree with this idea even though some people still thinking to wipe the policy once and for all.

many thanks if you answer my question.....
Kayvein - 12/05/2011 01:49 PM

Quote:
ITP is one of ETS's product.

in this case, university is a kind of test centre. It is one of institutions licensed to administer TOEFL ITP tests. However, not all university have the license.

the TOEFL ITP tests are composed of previously administered TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) forms.

I did both of them (the ITP as well as the TOEFL IBT). IBT is much easier than ITP. Trust me. However the IBT is more expensive.

... so u mean ITP is harder than IBT the one that people said harder than the pBT which i had problem with ?
aSAPlover - 12/05/2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

... so u mean ITP is harder than IBT the one that people said harder than the pBT which i had problem with ?

I know nothing about PBT. There is no PBT in Indo.

Why do people think that IBT is more difficult compared to ITP?
Because ITP does not test their speaking and writing skills, but IBT does.

Everyone agrees that IBT is much-much more expensive and exhausted.

Based on my experience, IBT is easier than ITP, but people may think on the other way around (vice versa).

For instances:
1. For those who dont get used to computer might have thought that IBT is difficult, and vice versa.
2. For those who dont get used to do skimming and scanning ebooks may think that IBT is not easy, and vice versa.
3. Do you like speaking in English? If you dont, then u may think that IBT is complicated
Page 17 of 42 | ‹ First  < 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]