English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 18 of 42 | ‹ First  < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >  Last ›

aSAPlover - 12/05/2011 10:18 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By light99
many thanks if you answer my question.....

u had better put your writing on the following link:

https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=946348&page=1

:salahkamar
semangatbugil - 12/05/2011 10:57 PM
take a real practice test
pbt & ibt toefl, and ielts practice tests just 100,000 rp.

can come to your residence mornings or sundays, sorry in the evenings i teach toefl every day.

contact me: [email]chelzna_andrew@yahoo.com[/email]
rahan - 13/05/2011 09:12 PM

Quote:
hi guys this Saturday, i am going to take an ielt test.
i need to get at least band score 6.0 in order to study overseas.
here is my sample of writing. do you think this my writing could at least get a band score 6.0?

Question:
Under British and Australian laws a just in a criminal case has no access to information about defendant's past criminal record. this protects the person who is being accused of the crime.

some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be changed and that a jury should be given all the past facts before they reach their decision about the case.

My answer:

Concealing the past criminal record of defendant is one of the charateristic of British and Australian law. This has to be done in order to protect the accused one in one way or another. I think this is the law that my country should have had. Without any knowledge of defedant’s past crime, the jury can make a decision neutrally without any consideration of the past crime.
This law has been applied in all crime cases in those two countries. One of the examples is John Blueman case. He murdered a guy in a bar and the jury gave him ten years sentence. After walking out from the prison, he murdered a guy in the same bar. Without knowing his last crime, the jury gave him 7 years sentence. It would be life sentence if the jury knew what he did before.
In contrast, some people believe that revealing the defendant’s background would be much better. Some had debated about this major problem but always meet inevitable impasse. They were arguing that society is in danger with loosed criminals around. Nevertheless, giving them a second chance is necessary. They are human who deserve for a new life.
Overall, this law suit with most crimes well and it is also well developed. Despite of the rejection, this regulation is the best one for the time being. Practically, I just totally agree with this idea even though some people still thinking to wipe the policy once and for all.

well, there are 'typo' ... charateristic, loosed? defedants
'tenses' were arguing? ... still thinking
and you only have typed 247 words ... u should at least make it 250
... if you can dismiss all those 'typo' and 'tenses' stuff ... u can walk away with 7 i believe so ... considering you've made this one under 40 minutes

wait a minute, there is writing task 1, isn't it ?
what about it? \)
shakehand2
ivandjaw - 13/05/2011 11:51 PM

Quote:
hi guys this Saturday, i am going to take an ielt test.
i need to get at least band score 6.0 in order to study overseas.
here is my sample of writing. do you think this my writing could at least get a band score 6.0?

Question:
Under British and Australian laws a just in a criminal case has no access to information about defendant's past criminal record. this protects the person who is being accused of the crime.

some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be changed and that a jury should be given all the past facts before they reach their decision about the case.

My answer:

Concealing the past criminal record of defendant is one of the charateristic of British and Australian law. This has to be done in order to protect the accused one in one way or another. I think this is the law that my country should have had. Without any knowledge of defedant’s past crime, the jury can make a decision neutrally without any consideration of the past crime.
This law has been applied in all crime cases in those two countries. One of the examples is John Blueman case. He murdered a guy in a bar and the jury gave him ten years sentence. After walking out from the prison, he murdered a guy in the same bar. Without knowing his last crime, the jury gave him 7 years sentence. It would be life sentence if the jury knew what he did before.
In contrast, some people believe that revealing the defendant’s background would be much better. Some had debated about this major problem but always meet inevitable impasse. They were arguing that society is in danger with loosed criminals around. Nevertheless, giving them a second chance is necessary. They are human who deserve for a new life.
Overall, this law suit with most crimes well and it is also well developed. Despite of the rejection, this regulation is the best one for the time being. Practically, I just totally agree with this idea even though some people still thinking to wipe the policy once and for all.

Quote:
Original Posted By aSAPlover

as what has been stated, you'd better put it in the right thread so that it can be revised by others.. ilovekaskus
ivandjaw - 14/05/2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?p=426636892#post426636892
FadeUp - 14/05/2011 09:03 PM

Sori gan, mw nanya, maaf dah salah room ni.
hbs, gk tw mw k room mn.
room yg sharing ebook bhs inggris dmn?

pls help.
loc - 14/05/2011 10:03 PM

Quote:
I know nothing about PBT. There is no PBT in Indo.

sorry? what do you mean by "there's no PBT in Indo"? it's everywhere! a lot of companies and universities still use it to test their (potential) employees and students. we're of course not talking about the international TOEFL from ETS here, but people may still have to face the fact that they need to take it at one point.
aSAPlover - 14/05/2011 10:35 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc

Quote:
I know nothing about PBT. There is no PBT in Indo.

sorry? what do you mean by "there's no PBT in Indo"? it's everywhere! a lot of companies and universities still use it to test their (potential) employees and students. we're of course not talking about the international TOEFL from ETS here, but people may still have to face the fact that they need to take it at one point.

Hi loc,

the PBT that I am talking is the TOEFL paper-based test made by ETS.
It is recognized worldwide.

and Yes, I think that there is no PBT in Indo.

the PBT that you are talking maybe just a kind of TOEFL prediction which is not recognized worldwide.

Although the form of the test that you are talking is also paper based, but that is not the "pbt" test that I am talking ;)
ivandjaw - 14/05/2011 10:35 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc

I think what asaplover means is that official TOEFL pBT is not offered in Indonesia anymore as official TOEFL conducted by ETS only offer iBT in Indonesia. If you are still asked to take pBT, that means it is not an official TOEFL test conducted by ETS and most probably it is a prediction test conducted by education institution. Again, we are talking about official TOEFL which is valid for universities around the world. It may be valid for local universities to take prediction test but it is not valid if you are going to apply for universities overseas (UK / USA) or MNCs.
aSAPlover - 14/05/2011 10:38 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By FadeUp
Sori gan, mw nanya, maaf dah salah room ni.
hbs, gk tw mw k room mn.
room yg sharing ebook bhs inggris dmn?

pls help.

https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=3963667

https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=883781
aSAPlover - 14/05/2011 11:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw
I think what asaplover means is that official TOEFL pBT is not offered in Indonesia anymore as official TOEFL conducted by ETS only offer iBT in Indonesia. If you are still asked to take pBT, that means it is not an official TOEFL test conducted by ETS and most probably it is a prediction test conducted by education institution. Again, we are talking about official TOEFL which is valid for universities around the world. It may be valid for local universities to take prediction test but it is not valid if you are going to apply for universities overseas (UK / USA) or MNCs.

Yes Ivan, you get my point. Furthermore, your explanation is clearer than mine ;)

btw,

why do you write pBT with small letter "P" ?
Yes ETS types iBT with small letter "I", but they do type PBT with capital letter "P".
light99 - 14/05/2011 11:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
well, there are 'typo' ... charateristic, loosed? defedants
'tenses' were arguing? ... still thinking
and you only have typed 247 words ... u should at least make it 250
... if you can dismiss all those 'typo' and 'tenses' stuff ... u can walk away with 7 i believe so ... considering you've made this one under 40 minutes

wait a minute, there is writing task 1, isn't it ?
what about it? \)
shakehand2

thanks but i'm afraid your answer is a little bit too late...
coz, i just did the test this morning
thanks again
ivandjaw - 14/05/2011 11:18 PM

Quote:
Yes Ivan, you get my point. Furthermore, your explanation is clearer than mine ;)

btw,

why do you write pBT with small letter "P" ?
Yes ETS types iBT with small letter "I", but they do type PBT with capital letter "P".

LOL..

Actually i'm not sure whether its pBT or PBT, nevertheless I just follow what ETS do for their iBT and I think most people will understand what I'm talking about.

@loc
AFAIK, PBT is only offered by ETS at countries which has limited access to internet. You can visit and look for the information in their website, and I'm quite sure that Indonesia is not included in that list (I hope so as we have adequate internet connection in our country).
Moreover, universities in USA / UK / other accredited universities (aspal universities not included for sure) won't recognize TOEFL / other standardized test (GRE, GMAT, SAT, etc) if it is not conducted by ETS (Educational Testing Service), this includes those prediction tests, etc. In most of the cases they require the student to ask ETS to send their result directly to the university / organization.
However the cons of these standardized test are the cost which is quite expensive and also you can't "co-operate / cheat" with the test administrator whatsoever.
ivandjaw - 14/05/2011 11:27 PM

Quote:
thanks but i'm afraid your answer is a little bit too late...
coz, i just did the test this morning
thanks again

great! how was the test? maybe you can share some tips here..

anyway I have also corrected your essay in the appropriate thread kiss
okymorades - 16/05/2011 04:26 PM

permisi saya mau tanya toefl prediction yang di Tes pada penerimaan murid baru di SMA RSBI itu tesnya seperti apa ya, saya takut jadinya karena rabu sudah Tes toefl predicition di SMA RSBI tsb

bs dibantu penjelasannya?
aSAPlover - 16/05/2011 05:16 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By okymorades
permisi saya mau tanya toefl prediction yang di Tes pada penerimaan murid baru di SMA RSBI itu tesnya seperti apa ya, saya takut jadinya karena rabu sudah Tes toefl predicition di SMA RSBI tsb

bs dibantu penjelasannya?

First of all, this is EF Thread.
You had better type your question in English.
If u dont know how to ask in English, it means ur english is limited. Why then do you apply for RSBI?

Anyway,

According to my experience, prediction toefl is similar to ITP toefl.

I have no idea whether there is a specific prediction TOEFL for RSBI.

btw, for rsbi, u can read this blog: http://sudanahartanto.blogspot.com/2010_11_01_archive.html He explains the costs and benefits of RSBI.
fernando23 - 16/05/2011 11:25 PM

..a great share to have mine refreshed on toefl's ..i just have my self crossed over on your share, an-execellent one! i should have been aware to be fans of such informative freely given in this thread..thank you.iloveindonesia
fernando23 - 16/05/2011 11:33 PM

..such informative thread, and very useful too..i wonder if i could ask anything about TOEFL's, thanks for attention given to this note.iloveindonesia
FadeUp - 17/05/2011 11:49 AM

ivandjaw - 17/05/2011 01:39 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By fernando23
..a great share to have mine refreshed on toefl's ..i just have my self crossed over on your share, an-execellent one! i should have been aware to be fans of such informative freely given in this thread..thank you.iloveindonesia

yes it is, indeed this is a great forum to share whatever you want to share regarding TOEFL, GRE, SAT, GMAT, IELTS or other standardized test.

Quote:
Original Posted By fernando23
..such informative thread, and very useful too..i wonder if i could ask anything about TOEFL's, thanks for attention given to this note.iloveindonesia

sure, you can ask anything for free. Nevertheless, the answer will depends on other people who may want / may not want to share / to answer it..
Page 18 of 42 | ‹ First  < 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]