English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 2 of 42 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›

AlphaZen - 18/10/2009 05:26 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By bikimbing
hello all \) oh my god, hard enough to get 7 i guess, i just need 6.5 to fulfill the requirement to study abroad. im going to take the test 2 weeks later, wish me luck brother

yes, i agree, 7 is a good mark for IELTS, for example, if you are senior high school graduates, and you want to study at Australia, you only need 5.5 IELTS to meet the requirement to study at every foundation in Australia.
Sforzando - 22/11/2009 10:31 AM

I took IELTS test for an exchange programme from my university now.
After going through applications selection and interview, I passed!!!
horayyy!!! If I failed, I think I've been wasting my time and money for IELTS test. but fortunately, I got the exchange programme scholarship!!! hoho

Next February I am going to oz, even though only for 1 semester (about 4-5 months), but I am very happy! For the first time, leaving Indonesia and my family for a long time. New adventure!! Waw, excited. haha

I searched from the internet, in australian university, we have to write lots of papers, assignments, etcetc. In English!!! academic writing..... I have to study and gain that skill. hahaha..
GoodLuck for all of u who are going to take the test!!!!!! Fighting!
beteque - 03/12/2009 02:14 PM

I also want to take IELTS test in 2 weeks. I'm targeting score 7. Is it needed to take a prep course before i take the actual test?and how much the cost?maybe you can suggest the best. Thanks
Preferiti - 03/12/2009 02:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By beteque
I also want to take IELTS test in 2 weeks. I'm targeting score 7. Is it needed to take a prep course before i take the actual test?and how much the cost?maybe you can suggest the best. Thanks

It really depends on you. If you're confident with your skill then there is no need to take the preparation course.
beteque - 04/12/2009 09:40 AM

I do think so..In my opinion take prep course just wasting time and money because its really depends on myself..Hope for the best..
tagaba - 07/12/2009 08:33 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Sforzando
Guys, this Saturday I am going to take my first IELTS test in Kuningan. I have took ielts preparation private course to help me gain my target (target = 7).
Yesterday, I took some kind a IELTS simulation, I got 6.5 for listening, 7 for reading, 5.5 for writing and 6 for speaking.

Any advice on how to improve my mark, especially in writing and speaking.
I asked my teacher, and he said that my writing lacks of sophisticated word (not the one which like an academic writing), and needs more linking words. Somehow, when I write something in English (like now), those sophisticated words do not come out.

Also how to get good mark in speaking ( it will be recorded, and I think if I talk to much, I will make more mistakes. But if I just only talk a little, I lose my mark).
The problem is grammar! --_--

Thanks before.

Well
I'm an 11th grader, wanting to proceed my study abroad; later when I graduate from senior high

this topic appears appealing to me, whereas me myself is currently taking prep courses for SAT, It's the abbreviation for Scholastic Aptitude Test FYI
Well, it may seem irrelevant to you that I'm talking about SAT here, but both test do have a thing in common, and that is the writing section
After a thorough read
I see that you have problems in the stated section
Well, my guess is that you think too much when it comes to writing
try to relax your mind and start brainstorm your head
It may take some practices, but when you master it, then it's going to be easy as pie!
coz, believe it or not, you know more words than you might think, you just need time to dig deeper to your mind in order to pop out the needed words
To make it even easier, try to seek references from the internet
there are tons of academic writing samples on the internet

And last
tests like this are not always about skills, luck plays a great role too
so!!!!!!!!!! break a leg!
blessingenglish - 08/12/2009 07:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By beteque
I do think so..In my opinion take prep course just wasting time and money because its really depends on myself..Hope for the best..

Sorry bro, you are wrong, taking course is not wasting time and money, they give simulation tests. Have you known IELTS before? If yes, never mind. If no, that is wasting time and money. Afew pass the test without preparation, but alot do not. Even thousands have to take many times. If you need some information contact us http://blessing-english.com/
thank you
tagaba - 10/12/2009 05:52 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By blessingenglish
Sorry bro, you are wrong, taking course is not wasting time and money, they give simulation tests. Have you known IELTS before? If yes, never mind. If no, that is wasting time and money. Afew pass the test without preparation, but alot do not. Even thousands have to take many times. If you need some information contact us http://blessing-english.com/
thank you

Absolutely true
why?
IELTS has some sections which require you to comprehend the language even further than regular English
And trust me
It's not a waste of money
aficionados - 12/12/2009 06:05 PM

Hi all
Is there another IELTS prep course in Surabaya besides IALF???
Just want to look for choices...
Thanks a bunch
xzibit - 25/12/2009 12:01 AM

what are the tips for good speaking score? i found that my speaking is still unconvincing

anyway, i scored 7,5 on both reading and listening simulation test during my english course, but the time had run out before i started the writing and speaking section.
tonka__toy - 31/12/2009 10:10 AM

I got 8.5 on my reading, 8.0 on my listening, 6.5 on writing and... a 5.5 on speaking \(
Overall band score was 7.0..
I suppose I was off topic at the interview but I'm not really sure how I got 5.5....
So in the end, I decided to remark my speaking score but it wont probably help since it won't change the score that much..
So I guess I have to retake the IELTS next year..

Does anyone know where I could find a bandung - based private tutor ? I need to prep up my speaking and writing.
KLanese - 22/02/2010 01:01 PM

--moved--
KLanese - 22/02/2010 01:06 PM

-moved-
KLanese - 22/02/2010 01:09 PM

-moved-
KLanese - 22/02/2010 01:12 PM

-moved-
KLanese - 22/02/2010 01:14 PM

moved
xzibit - 26/02/2010 02:42 PM

i forgot to drop by here after my IELTS test, which took place on January 9th D

i scored an overall 7.5, with each band scores: Reading 8.5, Listening 8, Writing 7, and Speaking 6.5 \(

in general, i'm satisfied, because it went above my expectation. at first, i expected to got only between 7 and 8 for the reading and listening. the speaking test went just as i expected D i'm not that good in that area. moreover, i got a topic i'm not familiar with hammer:
KLanese - 02/03/2010 03:35 PM

-moved-
neoxavier - 09/03/2010 09:44 AM

got 8.5 in reading and listening, 8 in writing and 7.5 in speaking
I wrote a thread https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=3550070 I think the article I wrote has some decent "hard" words and "linking words"

I found that if you use the same word over and over again to convey the same message, it would hurt your mark/grade severely. try to use some other alternatives
bembembulet - 14/04/2010 05:07 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Sforzando
I took IELTS test for an exchange programme from my university now.
After going through applications selection and interview, I passed!!!
horayyy!!! If I failed, I think I've been wasting my time and money for IELTS test. but fortunately, I got the exchange programme scholarship!!! hoho

Next February I am going to oz, even though only for 1 semester (about 4-5 months), but I am very happy! For the first time, leaving Indonesia and my family for a long time. New adventure!! Waw, excited. haha

I searched from the internet, in australian university, we have to write lots of papers, assignments, etcetc. In English!!! academic writing..... I have to study and gain that skill. hahaha..
GoodLuck for all of u who are going to take the test!!!!!! Fighting!

I might probably know this guy or girl ?
....wondering who this TS might be...bingung.....So,everything ran smoothly,ayt?....Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Page 2 of 42 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]