English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 22 of 42 | ‹ First  < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >  Last ›

kaitou1376 - 17/06/2011 06:54 PM

Yb
Hi folks.., YbYb
I'm really need your suggestions and info..,,
okay, i've planned to take the iBT TOEFL prep. course on Kaplan for about 1 month, i'd like to know how much the total fee is (the test itself + the course), in order to prepare the budget, kaplan d.e told me that the total fee will be announced after i've conducted the replacement test., but something that i need is the '' illustration'' of the total fee, i'm afraid the total fee is too expensive..,
thank you
\)b
KLanese - 19/06/2011 11:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By kaitou1376
Yb
Hi folks.., YbYb
I'm really need your suggestions and info..,,
okay, i've planned to take the iBT TOEFL prep. course on Kaplan for about 1 month, i'd like to know how much the total fee is (the test itself + the course), in order to prepare the budget, kaplan d.e told me that the total fee will be announced after i've conducted the replacement test., but something that i need is the '' illustration'' of the total fee, i'm afraid the total fee is too expensive..,
thank you
\)b

there was no price list for the course fee? so weeeeird hammer:
kaitou1376 - 19/06/2011 12:16 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
there was no price list for the course fee? so weeeeird hammer:

Yes,, that's make me afraid for somehow malus
Macgaver - 19/06/2011 07:14 PM
Improve toefl test score
Guys , what can i do to improve my englist toefl test score??...
can someone tell me ,webiste or something that i can do to imporove my toelf score...thank for everyone can help me...(sory if my bad english grammar )
i just hope i will have a better english ..
Cakil.O.Neal - 19/06/2011 08:32 PM

Training?
VutoSint - 19/06/2011 09:31 PM

just go to gramedia book store, and buy some practice book there.. Peace:
wiedstone - 20/06/2011 11:48 AM

I've read in Kompas on last Thursday or Friday, there is 20% off sale for TOEFL practice book.
ID* - 20/06/2011 12:42 PM

it's good how a lot of people are interested in these Eng Prof. Tests.

I went through the first few pages and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post an update of the practice/past tests.

Simply put, the links are dead ;)
wiedstone - 21/06/2011 08:52 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
right, got it. well, the best of luck with your iBT! i'm sure you'll do just fine thumbup: (and post here again later with your scores if you don't mind D)

REPORT :
I have my IBT score today. Here it is:
Spoiler for "score"

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

shakehand:
kaitou1376 - 21/06/2011 01:03 PM

woaa, that's awesome for sure ..,iloveindonesiasiloveindonesias
Btw, did you take some courses ?
wiedstone - 21/06/2011 01:27 PM

Quote:
woaa, that's awesome for sure ..,iloveindonesiasiloveindonesias
Btw, did you take some courses ?

Ehm, just studying English everyday and learning to understand sitcom without subtitle. malu:
kaitou1376 - 21/06/2011 10:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By wiedstone
Ehm, just studying English everyday and learning to understand sitcom without subtitle. malu:

Hmmm, sounds interesting,..\)b
えっと, 165$ for the test isn't it?
and Did you find an obstacles or the difficult points from the test?,
and about the Test application , did you manage it all by yourself?
Yb
loc - 22/06/2011 04:31 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By wiedstone
REPORT :
I have my IBT score today. Here it is:
Spoiler for "score"

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

shakehand:

awesome! congrats, gan! shakehand i guess that means pretty soon you'll be posting in kaskus from the states then, eh? D

just out of curiosity looking at your ava, were you around when 'lupus' was popular?
wiedstone - 22/06/2011 10:09 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, sounds interesting,..\)bs
えっと, 165$ for the test isn't it?
and Did you find an obstacles or the difficult points from the test?,
and about the Test application , did you manage it all by yourself?
Yb

Yes, the cost is $165 for the test. The hardest part (for me) is speaking, coz I am not used to speaking English. malu:.
BTW, I didn't handle all by myself, Aminef did it. I applied for a non-degree study and an internship for teachers.
wiedstone - 22/06/2011 10:14 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
awesome! congrats, gan! shakehand i guess that means pretty soon you'll be posting in kaskus from the states then, eh? D

just out of curiosity looking at your ava, were you around when 'lupus' was popular?

I'm glad with the result, but it's not a safe-haven yet coz Washington still has to make selection as the final decision.
Yes, Lupus was popular when I was in elementary school, I read in when I was in junior high school and he inspired me a lot. Hilman (the author) once studied English literature, and that's one thing I consider when I chose to be an English teacher.
BuleArab - 28/06/2011 12:46 AM

have anyone know the book preparation for ielts which is issued by UTS(university technology sidney) ? is the question's standard lower than the real ielts test?
Vipergame - 28/06/2011 01:53 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By BuleArab
have anyone know the book preparation for ielts which is issued by UTS(university technology sidney) ? is the question's standard lower than the real ielts test?

afaik the ielts preparation course materials are issued by cambridge and thompson. never heard such publisher
BuleArab - 28/06/2011 01:55 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Vipergame
afaik the ielts preparation course materials are issued by cambridge and thompson. never heard such publisher

i bought it at gramedia
rahan - 30/06/2011 11:58 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By BuleArab

No it's not lower. It's a great book, I suppose. I have already read all those books you mentioned above. this is the place for those who want to see what these books look like. http://www.uts.edu.au/international/ielts/purchase.html

they even have this http://australianetwork.com/studyenglish/ ... just in case anyone not so familiar with Margot Politis malusmalus

just my two cents ...
bangedi - 04/07/2011 06:23 PM
Learn toefl skill/preparation course
Based on my experiences as a TOEFL PBT teacher, what you need to study and know a lot about doing TOEFL PBT test and getting high score is by studying and knowing the Skills/problems usually tested in TOEFL Test.

Each skill or problem of Section in TOEFL PBT Test: Listening, Structure and Written Expression and Reading Comprehension can be learned.

Besides learning the SKILL/Problem, TOEFL Test Takers have to study the [COLOR="Red"]STRATEGY IN doing TOEFL Test[/COLOR].

For example:

LISTENING SECTION

SKILL 1 : RESTATEMENT

Often the correct answer in Listening Part A is an answer that contains a restatement of the ideas in the second line of the conversation.

Example

On the recording, you hear:

(woman) : Steve, is something the matter? You don’t look veiy good.
(man) : Oh, I’m feeling a little sick today.
(narrator) : What does the man mean?

In your test book, you read:

(A) He’s not very good-looking.
(B) He’s a bit ill.
(C) He looks worse than he feels.
(D) His feet are a little thick.

In this conversation, sick means ill, and a little means a bit. The best answer to this question is therefore answer (B) because answer (B) restates the idea in the second line of the dialogue. Please note that answer (D) is definitely not a correct answer because it contains feet instead of feel and thick instead of sick. These words are similar in sound but not in meaning to the words that you hear on the recording.

STRUCTURE AND WRITTEN EXPRESSION

Skill/Problem with Subject and Verb

You know that a sentence in English should have a subject and a verb. The most common types of problems that you will encounter in the Structure section of the TOEFL test are related to subjects and verbs; perhaps the sentence is missing either the subject, or the verb, or both; perhaps the sentence has an extra subject or verb.

Example I

______was ringing continuously for hours.

(A) Loudly
(B) In the morning
(C) The phone
(D) The bells

Analysis:

In this example, you should notice immediately that there is a verb, was ringing, but there is no subject. Answer (C) is the best answer because it is a singular subject that agrees with the singular verb was ringing. Answer (A), loudly, and answer (B), in the morning, are not subjects, so they are not correct. Although answer (D), bells, could be a subject, it is not correct because bells is plural and it does not agree with the singular verb was ringing.

Example II

Newspapers _______ every morning and every evening.

(A) delivery
(B) are delivered
(C) on time
(D) regularly

Analysis:

In this example, you should notice immediately that the sentence has a subject, newspapers, but that there is no verb. Because answer (B), are delivered, is a verb, it is the best answer. Answers (A), (C), and (D) are not verbs, so they are not correct.

READING COMPREHENSION:

Skill/problem with Main Idea

Example I

The passage:

Basketball was invented in 1891 by a physical education instructor in Springfield, Massachusetts, by the name of James Naismith. Because of the terrible weather in winter, his physical education students were indoors rather than outdoors. They really did not like the idea of boring, repetitive exercises and preferred the excitement and challenge of a game. Naismith figured out a team sport that could be played indoors on agymnasium floor, that involved a lot of running, that kept all team members involved, and that did not allow the tackling andphysical contact of American-style football.

The question:

What is the main idea of this passage?

(A) The life of James Naismith
(B) The history of sports
(C) Physical education and exercise
(D) The origin of basketball

Analysis:

The first sentence of this passage discusses the invention of basketball, so this is probably the topic. A quick check of the rest of the sentences in the passage con firms that the topic is in fact the beginnings of the sport of basketball. Now you should check each of the answers to determine which one comes closest to the topic that you have determined. Answer (A) mentions James Naismith but not basketball, so it is not the topic. Answer (B) is too general; it mentions sports but does not mention basketball. Answer (C) is also too general; it mentions physical education but does not mention basketball. The best answer is therefore answer (D); the origin of basketball means that the invention of basketball is going to be discussed.

So...Learn the TOEFL SKILL/PROBLEMS, THE STRATEGY AND ANALYSIS.
Page 22 of 42 | ‹ First  < 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]