English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 26 of 42 | ‹ First  < 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >  Last ›

rahan - 05/08/2011 04:08 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
i think professor rahan (sorry, just watched harry potter 7; it's all 'professor' in there ) meant this one: https://www.kaskus.co.id/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=409

I haven't watched harry potter, I wonder if it's still available in the cinema berdukas Thanks bro, for directing the right link to born2noble. Hope to see you in EF gathering, one day for sure. cendols

Quote:
Original Posted By AmaterasuOokami
excuse me mr rahan, it seems that the learning material you gave protected by a password. I just downloaded the Pre-Test. Could you give me that password?

the password is kaskus ....
I mentioned it at the very bottom of the post. I'll put it clearly on the post. Sorry for this unpleasant experience. I've also updated the simulation and the last phase. Peace:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHY IELTS IS DIFFICULT: UNCOVER IELTS READING TRAP & SOLUTION

Some people don't really understand how exciting it is to sit an IELTS test. It's fun because the question is designed to make us fail. How so? We'll see later. And just to share in this lovely forum and thread, I would like to post one of my teaching material. The test question is from IELTS FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSE, I only provide the thinking process exactly needed to deal with such task.

The Question

So what's the deal? First, you need to download the question and try to answer it in 20 minutes. Then, you can see whether you do well or not so well. Please read carefully, the explanation, and notice the TRAP! takut

TRAP & THINKING PROCESS

You have one more task at your hand. Please share here which trap successfully direct you into wrong answer, and which trap you managed to handle. That way, we all can learn which trap is more difficult and why.

I'll be waiting for your response, ladies and gentlemen. shakehand2
Ca.anisa - 05/08/2011 11:16 PM

I'Ve failed at my first toefl test one week ago. Tomorrow I am going to get toefl test again berdukas

Pray for me friend Yb
miarenauly - 06/08/2011 08:32 PM
(ASK) TBI or EF
i just want to ask you guys, i want to take english course especially in conversation, and i have two option, TBI bekasi or EF bekasi? can you please give me suggestion to decide the best english course for me?

maybe there some answer like "EF more concern in american english and TBI in british english" but for me it doesn't matter american or british, the most important is how the course can help me to improve my speaking and listening ability. so please help me deciding this. or maybe there are some kaskuser who have experience in EF bekasi or TBI bekasi?

thanks y'all and sorry for grammatical error

sorry for momod if i've placed this thread in the wrong forum \)
rahan - 08/08/2011 04:30 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By miarenauly
i just want to ask you guys, i want to take english course especially in conversation, and i have two option, TBI bekasi or EF bekasi? can you please give me suggestion to decide the best english course for me?

maybe there some answer like "EF more concern in american english and TBI in british english" but for me it doesn't matter american or british, the most important is how the course can help me to improve my speaking and listening ability. so please help me deciding this. or maybe there are some kaskuser who have experience in EF bekasi or TBI bekasi?

thanks y'all and sorry for grammatical error

sorry for momod if i've placed this thread in the wrong forum \)

It's been two days and nobody answer your question yet. I take it that I will try my best to give a response. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.

Dear miarenauly, it seems to me that you're looking for an information and at the same time you also want some kind of assurance. I used to work for EF once, but I know nothing about TBI. The only thing I can say is that TBI in Jl. Jawa - Bandung is quite famous. Each centre has different teacher which explain the difference in quality. If you wish to know further information about their curricula, you can ask directly to its centre. EF Course Consultant will be happy to answer all your question since you are their prospective client. I bet TBI will be much of the same. You can ask question such as:
1. What kind of method will you use in the conversation class?
2. How many people will there be in a conversation class?
3. How many conversation classes are there right now?
4. What kind of book(s) do you utilize as main teaching material?

Good luck in obtaining that information, and you should do it by yourself by the way. Don't get your parents, brother, or friend to do it for you, because if you do so, I'm afraid you might not be able to compare their service quality right away. Anyway, first impression is always important, don't you think?

I think it is. At least that's why I write this reply, hoping that you'll hang around here a bit longer and share the joyous and fun moment of being a member in Kaskus EF community.

Welcome aboard mate. shakehand Good luck expanding your conversation skills.

Now we shall wait if someone else know the detail experience with EF and TBI Bekasi.
bluesystem - 11/08/2011 11:55 AM

hello all good morning for everyone o
i need 5.5 for intake my college hammer:
Formarly at least 3/2 month a go i took IELTS test and my score is 5.0 hammer:
my all score is 5 and my reading score is 4.5 hammer:
i want to try again in 20th AUGST for my IELTS test
what exercise can i take or i download ? i need the exercise to improve my english score :mewek
thankyou for everyone shakehand
slane_maggot666 - 11/08/2011 03:25 PM

what are the tests that are included in TOEFL?
Does the test only include reading and listening only?
Are writing and speaking included?
loc - 11/08/2011 04:25 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By bluesystem
hello all good morning for everyone o
i need 5.5 for intake my college hammer:
Formarly at least 3/2 month a go i took IELTS test and my score is 5.0 hammer:
my all score is 5 and my reading score is 4.5 hammer:
i want to try again in 20th AUGST for my IELTS test
what exercise can i take or i download ? i need the exercise to improve my english score :mewek
thankyou for everyone shakehand

there's a lot of TOEFL materials posted on page 21 of this thread by rahan. download them and start studying hard. the 20th is not that far away. good luck!
bluesystem - 11/08/2011 04:36 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
there's a lot of TOEFL materials posted on page 21 of this thread by rahan. download them and start studying hard. the 20th is not that far away. good luck!

thankyou for the information bro shakehand
bangedi - 11/08/2011 08:47 PM
Useful TOEFL Software For TOEFL Practice
nerobianchi - 12/08/2011 10:12 PM

thanks for share \)
It maybe helping me to learn toefl
maybe any suggestion where I can take course for toefl....
andisung - 15/08/2011 12:31 AM

reall usefull thread..!!
i once take a TOEFL tes, well just prediction test.1,5 year ago.
I got Reading : 60
Listening : 54
Structure : 44
that is realy suck.
i hope i can improve my grammar real soon and take scholarship next year..!!
tainameasu - 18/08/2011 12:40 PM

This thread is awesome!matabelo:
KLanese - 18/08/2011 01:07 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By andisung
reall usefull thread..!!
i once take a TOEFL tes, well just prediction test.1,5 year ago.
I got Reading : 60
Listening : 54
Structure : 44
that is realy suck.
i hope i can improve my grammar real soon and take scholarship next year..!!

And your score was = 526?

I guess the score was far too high on the reading, considering that your structure was just 44.

Was the test really accurate?? D
andisung - 18/08/2011 02:04 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
And your score was = 526?

I guess the score was far too high on the reading, considering that your structure was just 44.

Was the test really accurate?? D

i can assure u the reading way to easy if u compare it with toefl from longman,kaplan or else.i score 51X when used kaplan software.
but the casette tape,the sound not realy clear..
but for grammar i dunno wat to say.it just me being stupid at grammar.
capedes
well it just prediction test after all so i can graduate from my college.
bangedi - 19/08/2011 01:35 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By slane_maggot666
what are the tests that are included in TOEFL?
Does the test only include reading and listening only?
Are writing and speaking included?

To Answer the question, you can read below...

Types of TOEFL Test

There are three types of TOEFL Test:

[*]PBT (Paper Based Test)
[*] CBT (Computer Based Test)
[*] IBT ( Internet Based Test)

1. PBT (Paper Based Test)

PBT-TOEFL is the first type of TOEFL Test released by ETS. PBT-TOEFL system still uses paper and/or sheets of paper and answer sheets that must be filled with 2B pencil.

The test lasts for 2 to 2.5 hours and The materials tested are:

Listening
Structure, and
Reading

A score range of PBT is 310-677.

2. CBT (Computer Based Test)

CBT-TOEFL is the second form of TOEFL TEST replacing PBT-TOEFL. CBT-TOEFL doesn't use paper any more, but computer. All test materials are stored in computer and the Test is directly done in computer, too. CBT was firstly issued in 1998.

The test lasts for 2 to 2.5 hours and the materials tested are:

Listening
Structure
Reading, and
Writing

A score range of CBT is 0 - 300.

3. IBT (Internet Based Test)

iBT-TOEFL or also known as Next Generation (NG) of TOEFL TEST is the latest form of TOEFL Test issued by ETS. ETS did many changes in the test format and system. iBT-TOEFL uses computer media connected to Internet in Test process. Thus, the test participants can directly be on-line with the ETS and the answer test questions are also on-line, too.

The test lasts for 4 hours and the materials tested are:

Listening
speaking
writing, and Reading

A score range of iBT is 0-120.
bangedi - 19/08/2011 01:38 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Gami3
I have never had a test for my English proficiency in TOEFL
Guess, this information could be a help if I decide to have a test later
but, I think it's gonna be more easy to understand if you can attache an example in every passage. Thanks

Well..you can visit www.toeflskill.com to read abotu toefl preparation course including alot number of examples
just_love_u - 19/08/2011 03:13 PM

hi all..

i heard from my friend that the TOEFL PBT is no longer acceptable for apply master in overseas.
is that true?
because now i'm taking TOEFL PBT preparation
andisung - 19/08/2011 10:58 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By just_love_u
hi all..

i heard from my friend that the TOEFL PBT is no longer acceptable for apply master in overseas.
is that true?
because now i'm taking TOEFL PBT preparation

i think not because its not acceptable but ETS never held PBT test again indonesia..except some country that don't have internet connection..u can check at ETS web where u can take IBT test in indonesia.
and as i'm aware u cannot use TOEFL prediction for scholarship..
just_love_u - 20/08/2011 01:58 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By andisung
i think not because its not acceptable but ETS never held PBT test again indonesia..except some country that don't have internet connection..u can check at ETS web where u can take IBT test in indonesia.
and as i'm aware u cannot use TOEFL prediction for scholarship..

yes...i can't use TOEFL prediction for scholarship.
but now i am so confuse weather take iBT course or PBT course
rahan - 20/08/2011 11:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By just_love_u
yes...i can't use TOEFL prediction for scholarship.
but now i am so confuse weather take iBT course or PBT course

Well, I hope you no longer confuse about this course. Would you mind telling us here, what exactly cause you to feel that way? Is it about the tuition fee? Is it about the result? Is it about anything else?

Yes, TOEFL iBT is expensive (for most people) and the preparation course perhaps costs a fortune. However, it is known for a fact that you are in KASKUS English Forum. With several very useful thread exist for the purpose helping anyone develop their skill, this is not an opportunity to be ignored. Don't encourage negative thoughts. Here I will quote famous lines from famous teacher regarding TOEFL prep:

I know more today than I did yesterday
I am preparing
I will succeed

When you wake up in the morning, open the window and let the sunshine in, you should know there's no one stopping you to reach all your dream. English is not an obstacle. It is a skill. And everyone can learn it. Including you. Especially you.

Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Page 26 of 42 | ‹ First  < 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]