English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 27 of 42 | ‹ First  < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last ›

loc - 22/08/2011 12:10 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By just_love_u
yes...i can't use TOEFL prediction for scholarship.
but now i am so confuse weather take iBT course or PBT course

okay, here's the deal: you need a TOEFL test score to apply for a scholarship, right?

1. find out what the requirements are for it.

if it says, "a minimum TOEFL score of

[*]500/550/575/600" → take the (institutional) TOEFL PBT. contact the scholarship admin to find out where you should take the test.
[*]240/250/270" → take the TOEFL CBT. this is unlikely to be the case, though.
[*]90/100/110" → take the (international) TOEFL iBT at ITP Indonesia at Menara Imperium (or check with them the dates for the other authorized test centers).

Spoiler for example: Fulbright
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

2. take the necessary course

by now, you should know:

[*]what kind of TOEFL you should take (PBT or iBT)
[*]if it's PBT, where you should take the test (a test center acknowledged by the scholarship provider). see the part on contacting the scholarship admin above.

take the course to prepare for the right kind of test! \)

3. go by rahan's sensible advice above

make sure you practice hard and a lot. you can do it!
HaMz - 22/08/2011 11:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By just_love_u
yes...i can't use TOEFL prediction for scholarship.
but now i am so confuse weather take iBT course or PBT course

read carefully on the scholarship information. if it said that you can use "Institutional TOEFL", you can use PBT. but if it said that you must use "International TOEFL", you must take the IBT.

you might need to check your university as well. see if it allows you to use Institutional Toefl or not.
FathirFA - 23/08/2011 11:20 AM

bro , klo tempat test yang terdaftar under ETS tuh dimana ajah ?
soalnya kan kata temen ane klo engga under ETS ga bisa dipake buat daftar kuliah keluar negri ..
thanks
loc - 23/08/2011 03:47 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By FathirFA
soalnya kan kata temen ane klo engga under ETS ga bisa dipake buat daftar kuliah keluar negri ..
thanks

please visit this site.
arminareka - 25/08/2011 02:31 PM
Test Center iBT Resmi
Quote:
Original Posted By FathirFA
thanks

Silahkan Anda mengunjungi [SIZE="5"]Test Center iBT Resmi[/SIZE]
mybest - 25/08/2011 05:42 PM

gan, I wanna face TOEFL ITP next month... can you please give me some explanation and tips about this test???
loc - 25/08/2011 11:28 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By mybest
gan, I wanna face TOEFL ITP next month... can you please give me some explanation and tips about this test???

go back a few pages (try starting with page 21 of this thread). you'll find lots of tips and tricks. or, better yet, start reading from page 1.
Win.Doraemon - 28/08/2011 04:54 PM

any body course at EF Palembang?

sorry OOT hammer:
mufiholicxk - 29/08/2011 01:19 AM

ninggalin jejak gan
threadnya SANGAT bermanfaat, thanks
rahan - 02/09/2011 04:03 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Win.Doraemon
any body course at EF Palembang?

sorry OOT hammer:

OOT Forgiven.
no one answer. Let's just assume I take a course there. What will your next question be? This is a TOEFL/IELTS sub forum, so please, be more specific.

Quote:
Original Posted By mufiholicxk
ninggalin jejak gan
threadnya SANGAT bermanfaat, thanks

wow, Indonesian?thanks for appreciating the thread, but please do appreciate the rules. Anyway, one can do stuff they called 'meninggalkan jejak' by Ctrl D, it's called page bookmark. Have you tried that?
solatjumat - 02/09/2011 08:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
okay, here's the deal: you need a TOEFL test score to apply for a scholarship, right?

1. find out what the requirements are for it.

if it says, "a minimum TOEFL score of

[*]500/550/575/600" → take the (institutional) TOEFL PBT. contact the scholarship admin to find out where you should take the test.
[*]240/250/270" → take the TOEFL CBT. this is unlikely to be the case, though.
[*]90/100/110" → take the (international) TOEFL iBT at ITP Indonesia at Menara Imperium (or check with them the dates for the other authorized test centers).

Spoiler for example: Fulbright
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

2. take the necessary course

by now, you should know:

[*]what kind of TOEFL you should take (PBT or iBT)
[*]if it's PBT, where you should take the test (a test center acknowledged by the scholarship provider). see the part on contacting the scholarship admin above.

take the course to prepare for the right kind of test! \)

3. go by rahan's sensible advice above

make sure you practice hard and a lot. you can do it!

Hi Loc,
does it mean that fullbright scholarship accepts ITP toefl?

thanks
shellsuper - 02/09/2011 09:43 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
please visit this site.

you can also visit this site

http://www.iief.or.id/
loc - 02/09/2011 10:47 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By solatjumat
Hi Loc,
does it mean that fullbright scholarship accepts ITP toefl?

thanks

well, the Fulbright Master's Degree Program does. i don't know about the other Fulbright scholarships. you can check for yourself on the website or contact them directly. \)
SopKopi - 03/09/2011 08:36 PM

Helo All,

I am willing to take the iBT in November (still not decide
the exact date, but i think the later is better for me because that means more time to prepare D)

Quote:
9. November 2011: 12, 13, 20, 26

According to above date, my questions are
1. If i am going to take the iBT at November 26th, is it possible for ETS to send the result to other institution before December 31st? If it's not possible, would you recommend another date? Still the later is better for me...
2. When normally, the test taker will know the result and will receive the result (in hardcopy)? And because it is near to christmas, does the normal timeline still applicable?
3. I also have planned to take the GRE Test, so can anyone share about the GRE Test? o because i can't find it on the first page.

thank you and sorry for my broken english
i really appreciate your reply..
solatjumat - 03/09/2011 09:58 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
well, the Fulbright Master's Degree Program does. i don't know about the other Fulbright scholarships. you can check for yourself on the website or contact them directly. \)

thanks for the information , Loc
I thought the ITP is not accepted anymore \)

beer:
zipperia - 05/09/2011 01:28 PM

Hi, Which one easier to achieve 5.5 in IELTS or 61 in IBT????Thx n Gbu...
rahan - 06/09/2011 07:28 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By zipperia
Hi, Which one easier to achieve 5.5 in IELTS or 61 in IBT????Thx n Gbu...

hi zipperia .. we meet again ..
you can read similar discussion - click page 19 in this very thread ... and make your own conclusion. In my honest opinion 61 is easier than 5.5 but then again, IELTS and TOEFL are different. Which preparation have you made so far? TOEFL or IELTS? I remember Loc once said that it's not so often in our life we need to talk to a recorder, yet this is how TOEFL test the speaking skills. On the other hand, IELTS give you a chance to have a 'private' interview session with native speaker ...

I also think that Reading section in IELTS is more challenging than TOEFL ...
The Writing section is also different.. take a close look and see it for yourself which one you can enjoy better ...
bluepilem - 07/09/2011 12:40 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
you can read similar discussion - click page 19 in this very thread ... and make your own conclusion. In my honest opinion 61 is easier than 5.5 but then again, IELTS and TOEFL are different. Which preparation have you made so far? TOEFL or IELTS? I remember Loc once said that it's not so often in our life we need to talk to a recorder, yet this is how TOEFL test the speaking skills. On the other hand, IELTS give you a chance to have a 'private' interview session with native speaker ...

I also think that Reading section in IELTS is more challenging than TOEFL ...
The Writing section is also different.. take a close look and see it for yourself which one you can enjoy better ...

hi bro o
long time no see you o
thankyou all now i get 5.5 IELTS score metal:
loc - 07/09/2011 03:00 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
you can read similar discussion - click page 19 in this very thread ... and make your own conclusion. In my honest opinion 61 is easier than 5.5 but then again, IELTS and TOEFL are different.

agreed! shakehand
Quote:
On the other hand, IELTS give you a chance to have a 'private' interview session with native speaker ...

..or me ngakaks hope not.. hammer:

Quote:
Original Posted By bluepilem
hi bro o
long time no see you o
thankyou all now i get 5.5 IELTS score metal:

wow! congrats! thumbup: it's that good or bad? bingungs
zipperia - 07/09/2011 05:49 PM

Yep, I have read those before you talked to me... I don't know between IELTS or TOEFL because both of them are accepted, thus it makes my mind more complicated to decide... Moreover, I want to choose the easiest way to achieve the standart score... Can you give me advices???
Congratz frend because you got a good mark in your test...
Note : I more familiar with IELTS than TOEFL eventhough I am still confusing...
Thx Gbu...
Sorry if my grammar is not quite good...
Page 27 of 42 | ‹ First  < 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]