English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 37 of 42 | ‹ First  < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 

akigatsu - 14/12/2011 10:08 PM
Share some thoughts of having IELTS workshop in some places
OK, I got some problems choosing another places to do IELTS workshop. So I had attend it last October ago in a certain place at Kuningan when I wanna take my 2nd exam, it was about 2 weeks: one is for the general 4 tests, the other one only focused on Writing and Speaking only.

But seemed that I had let my guard down 2 weeks prior to the test so I got the lower score than I had first time. Probably it just my slacking that affect my performance.

And I wanna study the exam again, so this time I need to register into different sites. Anyone here have some experiences attend a workshop centres before? Please review it to me ASAP. (though my IELTS is on 7th of January due to this week's exam isn't available) Cheers D
zipperia - 14/12/2011 10:20 PM

@Rahan I think 23 correct numbers,you can get 6 and it is written by Internet in their official web,but they don't write how many correct numbers to get 5,5...
Anyone know the excatly numbers???
Gbu...
rahan - 15/12/2011 03:07 AM

@akigatsu: do u have to work/school right now? if not, maybe you can come to palembang, I'd be glad to help u prepare.

@zipperia: yeah, that's what's written. However, it is a raw score. When it comes to marking, an examiner needs to consider the facility values and the relative difficulty of the questions. That is also the reason why in the IELTS book it is written: scores 13-28 (reading) and 13-27(listening):You may not get an acceptable score on the IELTS Academic Reading/Writing test under examination conditions and we recommend that you think about having more lessons or practice before you take IELTS.
Anyway, don't think about it too much, you've done your best. Yes it is a nervous situation. But right now you do what you have to do. You'll be okay and you'll get the score you need hopefully. God Bless You Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
akigatsu - 15/12/2011 04:09 AM

well I need a course in Jakarta, actually. If I need to go outside the capital, it would be waste of parent's money and I'll get killed if I didn't get my desired score. ngakaks
rahan - 15/12/2011 09:20 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By akigatsu
well I need a course in Jakarta, actually. If I need to go outside the capital, it would be waste of parent's money and I'll get killed if I didn't get my desired score. ngakaks
Hihi \) I don't say anything about money. I thought that a Jkt Plg return ticket is cheaper than most intensive prep in Jkt. By the way, you said that you've already had some workshop before so I'll bet that you're familiar with the format right? In that condition, simulate yourself with Cambridge 8 and 7 (available in Mentari Bookstore), and see if u can get at least 29 correct answers constantly every time you have your simulation. If u get it like three times in a row then you shouldn't be worry coz it is likely that you'll get band 7. Good luck. Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
zipperia - 15/12/2011 10:35 AM

Thank you anyway for your advices... Yes, I have studied since a long time ago... I have done my best, so while I wait my result, I pray everyday to get the enough score and study overseas... God Bless you too...
akigatsu - 15/12/2011 12:07 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
Hihi \) I don't say anything about money. I thought that a Jkt Plg return ticket is cheaper than most intensive prep in Jkt. By the way, you said that you've already had some workshop before so I'll bet that you're familiar with the format right? In that condition, simulate yourself with Cambridge 8 and 7 (available in Mentari Bookstore), and see if u can get at least 29 correct answers constantly every time you have your simulation. If u get it like three times in a row then you shouldn't be worry coz it is likely that you'll get band 7. Good luck. Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Yeah, two times done the test should be enough to know what difficulties I have right now and what are things that I should improve myself \)

I saw those Cambridge 7 & 8 in both Kinokuniya & Gramedia bookstore anyway, but both of the books are pricey I think. I'd better to search the PDF about it then...
amesty21 - 17/12/2011 02:35 PM

I also encounter the same problem .

My writing mark in IELTS never reached 6 , it's always about 5.5 or even 5

I need some advice to score a high score for writing
rahan - 18/12/2011 12:19 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By amesty21
I also encounter the same problem .

My writing mark in IELTS never reached 6 , it's always about 5.5 or even 5

I need some advice to score a high score for writing

Okay, let’s discuss a bit about the IELTS writing. In essence, the examiner needs to see prove of your writing skills. It is easy just to talk about these skills. It is difficult to put these skills in the D-Day. However, practice makes perfect. So, first of all you need to know what it takes to get Band 7.

Spoiler for requirement
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Now, let's see and compare some essays for writing task 1.

Spoiler for Writing Task 1 / Brick
Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

Spoiler for band 3.5 / Task 1
Bricks are small shaped figures which are used for building. First of all digger dig the ground until the clay level. Next the type of sticky earth that is used for making bricks are on the metal grid which selected special parts of clay and threw them on the roller. Then in the manufacturing process sand + water are filled in. The sand gives the texture for bricks. After that the solid is ready to go through wire cutter or moulding.
This process makes shapes of the bricks. When the figures have got their shape, these items can be put in the drying oven, where they are stayed for 24-48 hours. The temperature is moderate between 200°C and 980°C in the kiln and high between 870°C and 1300°C. Finally these hot items go to the cooking chamber and get cold from 48-77 hours. The last part of the manufacturing process is packaging and delivery to the consumption.

Spoiler for band 7 or 7.5 / Task 1
Brick manufacturing starts with choosing good quality clay. A large digger similar to a crane digs the clay. The process takes about half a day, after which it is put on metal grid to separate unwanted silt and impurities. The strained clay is then put in a large machine roller where it is mixed with sand and water to be moulded later to form the base of the brick. While it is still soft, wire cutters are used to perfectly cut the bricks removing the rough edges. The soft bricks are then put in a drying oven where it stays from 24-48 hours. After the pre-set drying time, the bricks are then put in large kilns where it is baked at moderate heat of about 200-980°C. The bricks are first put in moderate heat to avoid kracking. After about few minutes, the bricks are then fired to a high 870-1300°C heat. This is the final heating stage so to speak for the bricks. Just beside the kiln is the cooling chamber which is made up of large steel where the bricks will stay for about 48-72 hours. The bricks are then ready for packaging in large container vans for delivery.

Spoiler for band 9 / task 1
The process by which bricks are manufactured for the building industry can be outlined in seven consecutive steps. First the raw material, clay, which lies just below the surface of soil in certain clay-rich areas, has to be dug up by a digger.
Then the lumps of clay are placed on a metal grid, in order to break up the big chunks of clay into much smaller ones, which fall through the metal grid onto a roller, whose motion further segregates the bits of clay. Sand and water are added to make a homogenous mixture, which is then either formed in moulds or cut into brick-shaped pieces by means of a wire cutter.
Those fresh bricks are then kept in a drying oven for at least 24 and a maximum of 48 hours, several dozen if not hundreds of bricks at a time. The dried bricks are then transferred to a so-called kiln, another type of high temperature oven. First they are kept at a moderate temperature of 200°C-980°C, then at a high temperature of 870°C – 1300°C. This process is followed by cooling down the finished bricks for 48 to 72 hours in a cooling chamber. Once the bricks have cooled down and have become hard, they get packaged and delivered to their final destination be it a building site or storage.

I hope from these essays, you can see differences between those three. Now let’s back to your question.
TIPS 1. Practice Your Writing (STRUCTURE (Introduction, Topic Sentence, Connecting Paragraph, Sequencing, Giving examples), TIMING, OPENING LINES, BRAINSTORMING,)
Tips 2. Study the CONNECTIVE WORDS.
Tips 3. Memorize and practice ACADEMIC WORDLIST.
Tips 4. For task 1 – learn how to explain GRAPH / CHART / PROCESS and how to explain STATISTIC.
akigatsu - 18/12/2011 08:54 PM

And I've registered into IELTS prep 2 in IALF after I passed the entrance exam, got P-I-3 on the answer sheet. So, anyone who either work/studied in there know what are those ranks?
apacobaman - 19/12/2011 09:39 AM
tons of sample essays...check it out!!!
gan. i have tons of sample essays!!! so for u guys who want to enrich ur writing skill as well as reading skill please check it out!! hehehe

Tekape >>gan-- http://www.scribd.com/doc/76015359/Sample-Essays-for-TOEFL cendolb
Leoparddd - 19/12/2011 08:00 PM

Guys, is it true that taking IELTS test in Bandung is much easier than in Jakarta? I heard this from my friends, who have already taken IELTS test in Bandung and Jakarta, none of them got band score less than 7.

Actually i have heard this rumor since a year ago, but i can not believe it till my friends told and proved me so.
yus. - 20/12/2011 10:23 AM

3,5 month from today, I really need TOEFL iBT score minimum 85, but i never take iBT test before and my TOEFL PBT score only 480. anyone here, could you help me to find toefl ibt preparation course in central jakarta or near central jakarta that can improve my TOEFL iBT score in 3 month. Should I take private course to achieve my goal or regular course is enough

thank in advance for your help
ivandjaw - 20/12/2011 10:37 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By yus.
3,5 month from today, I really need TOEFL iBT score minimum 85, but i never take iBT test before and my TOEFL PBT score only 480. anyone here, could you help me to find toefl ibt preparation course in central jakarta or near central jakarta that can improve my TOEFL iBT score in 3 month. Should I take private course to achieve my goal or regular course is enough

thank in advance for your help

i bet if you read through the thread from the beginning till the end you will get a good answer cendols

hope it helps
Alkaline Trio - 20/12/2011 09:23 PM

wow, this kind of topic is very interesting and useful for me. Since joined Kaskus in 2006 I rarely visits these kind of forum. Now I at least I know how to get my English better.

I live in Bandung, and also interested in IELTS. Since I don't know many things about IELTS in Bandung (all of my friends just interested in TOEFL), can someone dug out the information for me?

Thanks in advance \)
rahan - 22/12/2011 12:40 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Leoparddd
Guys, is it true that taking IELTS test in Bandung is much easier than in Jakarta? I heard this from my friends, who have already taken IELTS test in Bandung and Jakarta, none of them got band score less than 7.

Actually i have heard this rumor since a year ago, but i can not believe it till my friends told and proved me so.

Hi there Leoparddd. It's always intriguing when you hear this kind of news. I'm not supposed to encourage this matter of gossiping, but, just for the sake of chit-chat, what kind of prove did your friend show? And it will be nice of you, if you could please share / define your terms of 'easier?' As a matter of fact, we will need to take a look directly into the real exam question from both IELTS administrator that you compare, the more difficult one and the easier one.

In the real test situation what matter the most is our readiness, both English skills and physical condition. If you already spent a fair amount learning the test format, you've written lots of essays, and simulate many of the speaking question, tape-recorded it, and do a voice-over your favourite TV show (mute the volume, you leave the subtitle on- and you read what it says) then it can be said that you have already prepared. During the exam day, if you get an essay question similar to the one you have already learned then you are in luck.

Quote:
Original Posted By Alkaline Trio
wow, this kind of topic is very interesting and useful for me. Since joined Kaskus in 2006 I rarely visits these kind of forum. Now I at least I know how to get my English better.

I live in Bandung, and also interested in IELTS. Since I don't know many things about IELTS in Bandung (all of my friends just interested in TOEFL), can someone dug out the information for me?

Thanks in advance \)

IELTS in Bandung -
IDP Education Pty Ltd - Bandung - Test Centre
Address:
IELTS Administrator
Jl. Sulanjana No. 3,
Dago
Bandung
Tel: (+62 22) 4211 636, 426 1054

Any other kind of information can be read in this thread. If you still have something to ask after reading this thread, feel free to do so.

Quote:
Original Posted By akigatsu
And I've registered into IELTS prep 2 in IALF after I passed the entrance exam, got P-I-3 on the answer sheet. So, anyone who either work/studied in there know what are those ranks?

Share your experience here if you have got time, will you? Thanks ... Yb
SopKopi - 23/12/2011 05:50 AM

only got 87 for my first iBT \( \(

only scored 19 for speaking capedes
adrieness - 28/12/2011 11:15 AM
TEFL (help me)
I wanna ask friend,
I'm confused to make material about TEFL ( Teaching English for Foreign Language ), I have no ideas. Can you help me to give some ideas and what materials are ?
rahan - 28/12/2011 06:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By SopKopi
only got 87 for my first iBT \( \(

only scored 19 for speaking capedes

Can you please share about the test day, any difficulties, thing that went wrong? What kind of preparation did you do, etc?

Quote:
Original Posted By adrieness
I wanna ask friend,
I'm confused to make material about TEFL ( Teaching English for Foreign Language ), I have no ideas. Can you help me to give some ideas and what materials are ?

I'm sorry adrieness, but before responding to your question, I think I might be asking you some questions first. What do you exactly mean by 'make TEFL material'? Are you currently on any TEFL program such as Cambridge CELTA, the Trinity CertTESOL and the SIT TESOL Certificate?

examples: http://tbi.co.id/celta
: http://www.tesolbali.com/faq.php

If you're looking for TEFL materials, look no further than
[*]http://www.tesol.net/teslmat.html
[*]http://eslcafe.com/
[*]http://www.onestopenglish.com/
[*]http://www.teachingenglish.org.uk/

please answer my question anyway, if it is not a bother, and share your experience in taking a TEFL program here. That would be nice. beer:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, check this out TOEFL OLYMPIC!

TOEFL OLYMPIC INDONESIA 2012 - FOR STUDENT & SCHOOL

TOEFL OLYMPIC INDONESIA 2012 - FOR STUDENT & SCHOOL - DETAILS

Spoiler for education expo
zipperia - 29/12/2011 03:09 PM

Hi
I want to say thank you to everyone who helps me,especially Lord,so I can pass my first IELTS test with the enough score...
I got 6 and it was amazing for me...I will tell you about some evaluation that you can learn when you want to take tes test...
For listening,to be honest,I was being suprise when I knew this result...For this section,you need to concertrate and also read the instruction and analyze the main point for every question...
For reading,the tips same as the listening and for both of listening and reading you should practice at least 10 exercises or as many as possible,depands on you...It was from my experience
In my opinion,for writing,I need some courses to get the pattern or you can learn from internet,but you need to read the right pattern...
You also need to get many practice and watch the real speaking test from internet...You should know their pronouncation to know the question,because some interviewers speak not clearly and also answer their question...speak as many as possible...
I hope those all can help you...Gbu...
Page 37 of 42 | ‹ First  < 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]