English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 38 of 42 | ‹ First  < 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 

sheikduncan - 29/12/2011 03:36 PM
check your IELTS result
SO,

Those who took the official IELTS test on December 17th, you don't have to wait until tomorrow to fetch the result at IDP's office.

It's available online now at http://results.ielts.org

Good luck!
manomanomanoh - 30/12/2011 10:25 PM
[Need Recom] 3 months fluent in english
No bata please,pardon me if my thread placed on a wrong board.
May I speak in Bahasa?

Dear All,
Bagaimana biar saya bisa secepat mungkin menguasai bahasa inggris?
At least on next three months saya sudah harus bisa berbicara lsg dgn expat.
I just need recommendation, is there any express class or course yg bisa membuat saya fluent in english immediately?

FYI, my college-mate has a bad english, he continued his master study to manchester, he took an express course for english. Amazed, 3 months he spoke like an British. saya ingin ikut kelasnya tapi tidak bisa, itu kursus kilat khusus.

Dimana saya bisa dapet kelas sprti itu untuk umum? Need recom please for my job...
I'm in Human Resources Department, over 200 expatriates contact me almost every work day, but I have a bad english, but not too bad p Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
w3eee - 31/12/2011 10:49 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By manomanomanoh

Dear All,
Bagaimana biar saya bisa secepat mungkin menguasai bahasa inggris?

i thought HR's works dealing with expats are related to salary, working permit, taking day off, payment, company rule, etc. Have u mastered all the vocab/term/expression for your job-related matters?

I don't think it is a good way to hurry oneself in mastering English.

I agree with the idea that we have to relax ourselves and do a lot of repetition to have a lot of vocab/phrases/idioms memorized.

That's just how the brain works: repeat, repeat, and repeat, and then the information is placed as a permanent memory.

listen and read a lot to make you comfortable in speaking and writing.

so, in my opinion, it will require hundreds even thousands hours of studying.
Leoparddd - 31/12/2011 08:32 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By sheikduncan
SO,

Those who took the official IELTS test on December 17th, you don't have to wait until tomorrow to fetch the result at IDP's office.

It's available online now at http://results.ielts.org

Good luck!

Very good info thanks, already checked it. Now starting to compile all necessary documents to fulfill entry requirements in UK University! Bismillah!

For those who are willing to take academic IELTS, please focus more on reading and writing section, because those sections will give you more score than listening and speaking! 6.5 on reading/writing is not the same as 6.5 on listening/speaking.

Having good score on reading and writing will help you to increase your overall score, but dont forget to maintain your minimum band score not less than 6.0 or 6.5 (depending on what subject you are interested to, for example is the minimum band score for economics/law is 6.5, for engineering is 6.0)

Good luck to all!
goodperson - 01/01/2012 03:07 PM

hi guys,

I will take an IELTS test this week. I already practice, and during this practice time, I can maintain my listening and reading score in band 7. However, I'm really afraid about writing and speaking section. I only need band 5 to pass the test. do you guys have any tips for me? and from my understanding, 5 is not a high score right? so I can get 5 for speaking and writing easily?

thanks \)
lotusloops - 01/01/2012 11:46 PM

could someone post here about where to take the toefl test and ielts in indonesia?
and probably the price?
i think we need that information,
such as

www.ets.org >-- the official international toefl test
some of the embassies.. >-- this is the info that i need... could someone please help?
(don't forget the price please)

thanks
kraitong - 02/01/2012 01:17 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By lotusloops
could someone post here about where to take the toefl test and ielts in indonesia?
and probably the price?
such as

some of the embassies.. >-- this is the info that i need... could someone please help?

thanks

You could register first at ETS.com and then u can register online via the website. You log on and then find the exact place or the test office, which is available on date and near your house.
Your booking for the test will be completed after you have made the payment.
You can pay via CC or paypai, i used this, then don;t forget to fill in exact data to your account.
I prefer you to book in 2 or 3 weeks before the test date. You can make a fake acc first to search the availability before register for the final one, as ets.com doesn't activate the acc with email activation code.

Price for IBT 175 USD .

I will take the test in a week .. so i am hoping to conquer it.
rahan - 03/01/2012 01:42 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By zipperia
Hi
I want to say thank you to everyone who helps me,especially Lord,so I can pass my first IELTS test with the enough score...
I got 6 and it was amazing for me...I will tell you about some evaluation that you can learn when you want to take tes test...
For listening,to be honest,I was being suprise when I knew this result...For this section,you need to concertrate and also read the instruction and analyze the main point for every question...
For reading,the tips same as the listening and for both of listening and reading you should practice at least 10 exercises or as many as possible,depands on you...It was from my experience
In my opinion,for writing,I need some courses to get the pattern or you can learn from internet,but you need to read the right pattern...
You also need to get many practice and watch the real speaking test from internet...You should know their pronouncation to know the question,because some interviewers speak not clearly and also answer their question...speak as many as possible...
I hope those all can help you...Gbu...

Nicely done zipperia :addfriends

Quote:
Original Posted By goodperson
hi guys,

I will take an IELTS test this week. I already practice, and during this practice time, I can maintain my listening and reading score in band 7. However, I'm really afraid about writing and speaking section. I only need band 5 to pass the test. do you guys have any tips for me? and from my understanding, 5 is not a high score right? so I can get 5 for speaking and writing easily?

thanks \)

Build your IELTS academic skills and be confidence. If you still have some time share your writing in here https://www.kaskus.co.id/showthread.php?t=946348

Quote:
Original Posted By lotusloops
and probably the price?
such as

thanks

all about IELTS: http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information/test_takers_faqs.aspx

US$195

---------------------------------------------------------------------
CHECK THIS OUT! NEW TEST! US$40
http://www.versanttest.com/samples/english.jsp

Brief report: This test is a bit similar to TOEFL iBT, but it's much easier. There's even a typing test ... what the ...
Not only English, now students have to practice their typing! capedes Yb

http://www.pearsoned.com/navitas-turns-to-pearsons-versant-to-assess-student-english-language-abiliti es/#.TwH57WPxres
pedaw - 03/01/2012 11:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By SopKopi
only got 87 for my first iBT \( \(

only scored 19 for speaking capedes

you're better than me, 2 weeks ago i took the IBT toefl test and i just get 70.. damn man !! i've got 20 on speaking and 22 on writing, but 14 on reading and listening.. there were many "advanced" vocab that i didn't know what the meaning was.. i really feel frustrated, because it doesn't meet the minimum requirement if i want to continue my study huhuuhuhuu.. i wish there's a person who wants to be a " joki' ( i don't know joki in english)..
restar - 04/01/2012 11:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By pedaw
you're better than me, 2 weeks ago i took the IBT toefl test and i just get 70.. damn man !! i've got 20 on speaking and 22 on writing, but 14 on reading and listening.. there were many "advanced" vocab that i didn't know what the meaning was.. i really feel frustrated, because it doesn't meet the minimum requirement if i want to continue my study huhuuhuhuu.. i wish there's a person who wants to be a " joki' ( i don't know joki in english)..

"joki"? are u sure? they have ur picture right before the test, right? what if u used the assistance from someone else, and succeed.. they (the rep. for ur intended univ) will check n know it eventually, won't they? just be precautious, gan..

for me, i think the speaking part is the difficult one.. my high scores came from reading n listening sections..

mine was 84.. will seek for revenge this mid-year.. my target is 90 hahaha.. at least higher than 84.. hammer:
akigatsu - 04/01/2012 11:16 PM

ah yes, I bought an IELTS cambridge 7 recently on last new years day. The contents were much different & harder than I had in some practice books I paid.
Hopefully this book elevates me to leveling up my IELTS score iloveindonesias
ivandjaw - 05/01/2012 02:18 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By pedaw

Quote:
Original Posted By restar
"joki"? are u sure? they have ur picture right before the test, right? what if u used the assistance from someone else, and succeed.. they (the rep. for ur intended univ) will check n know it eventually, won't they? just be precautious, gan..

for me, i think the speaking part is the difficult one.. my high scores came from reading n listening sections..

mine was 84.. will seek for revenge this mid-year.. my target is 90 hahaha.. at least higher than 84.. hammer:

hahaha, don't ever think of those things, it will be impossible and even if it's possible, you will have a big trouble if u r identified for cheating.

western countries really don't like people cheating and they appreciate fairness to a great extent.

moreover, just like what has been said that your picture will be taken before the test (well, since u have taken the test u should have known that beforehand), and the picture will also appear in your official transcript. You don't want to have a different photograph for your TOEFL transcript and your application form, do you? well, the admission officer may think that you have undergone a plastic surgery before the TOEFL test? hammer:
KLanese - 05/01/2012 09:59 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw
hahaha, don't ever think of those things, it will be impossible and even if it's possible, you will have a big trouble if u r identified for cheating.

western countries really don't like people cheating and they appreciate fairness to a great extent.

moreover, just like what has been said that your picture will be taken before the test (well, since u have taken the test u should have known that beforehand), and the picture will also appear in your official transcript. You don't want to have a different photograph for your TOEFL transcript and your application form, do you? well, the admission officer may think that you have undergone a plastic surgery before the TOEFL test? hammer:

that's right....except there was a conspiracy between the test taker and the institution. anything's possible in Indo D
restar - 06/01/2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

yeah, that's why.. and for the sake of the test itself is to measure ur english proficiency.. D

maybe if somehow u can find ur doppelganger w/ great english, u can use him/her as "joki" ngakak

it's cheaper too, compared to the surgery.. hammer:

dissatisfied w/ the score? then study more n re-take it.. ngacir:

by the way, i heard the news that public servants in RI's ministry of trade must have toefl score of 600.. it must be in PBT, right?
anyone knows, from what institution?
ivandjaw - 06/01/2012 10:33 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By restar

by the way, i heard the news that public servants in RI's ministry of trade must have toefl score of 600.. it must be in PBT, right?
anyone knows, from what institution?

are you serious? do u mean any public servants or only several position of public servants?

if this is true then it is really a good news, nevertheless i believe this is not true otherwise someone will have a hard time to get the job as a public servant.

perhaps the 600 score that is so called required can be acquired from unofficial tests that are offered widely by a lot of institution in indonesia right now, then this make sense to me.
rahan - 06/01/2012 02:39 PM

IELTS simulation day in Palembang. 140 candidates listed as for now, tomorrow I'm gonna rate 140 essays. I want to cry.. I wonder if the next session will be okay. Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
akigatsu - 06/01/2012 03:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
IELTS simulation day in Palembang. 140 candidates listed as for now, tomorrow I'm gonna rate 140 essays. I want to cry.. I wonder if the next session will be okay. Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

good luck for you, bro cendols

I'll have an IELTS test by tomorrow. Dunno whether I'm full prepared or otherwise right now...wish me luck!Yb
restar - 07/01/2012 12:18 PM

Quote:
are you serious? do u mean any public servants or only several position of public servants?

if this is true then it is really a good news, nevertheless i believe this is not true otherwise someone will have a hard time to get the job as a public servant.

perhaps the 600 score that is so called required can be acquired from unofficial tests that are offered widely by a lot of institution in indonesia right now, then this make sense to me.

yup, it's true, u can find it in kompas/detik.. don't ask about the link.. it's been a while since i read it..

the "PNS" in ministry of trade must have toefl score of minimum 600.. that's why i asked.. anyway, anyone with info about the institution, pls share.. i just curious.. hehe.. ( cendols is ready..)
Hilzzzzz - 08/01/2012 11:24 AM

still starting studies gan, intermediet 1 malu
hope tomorrow pass the exam for entermediet 2 iloveindonesias
voidlees - 09/01/2012 10:14 AM

dear all, need some suggestion here..
i want to take IELTS test, where can i find the best courses to prepare for IELTs test?
private teacher or something like EF or ILP?
and where can i get some good material for IELTS?
thx
Page 38 of 42 | ‹ First  < 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]