English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 40 of 42 | ‹ First  < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 

tonnyc - 17/01/2012 10:39 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Kongming88
hi..
ive got a situation here.
i had two original ibt Toefl certificate.. but i have sent all of them to d universities i applied.
fortunately, i have scanned d certificate.

i'd like to ask if there is a place which can manage giving additional original certificate with only a scan copy on my hand..

thanks a lot for any possible info available \)

Is it for official or unofficial use? If it's unofficial, print your scanned certificate, see a notary, and see if you can convince him to stamp it as an authentic copy.

For official uses, you will have to contact ETS and pay them to send additional certificates. http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/faq

The fee is $17. ETS will send it directly to the university you chose. You can request a certificate to be sent to you, but most universities will not accept the certificate from you and will ask for one to be sent straight from ETS.
tonnyc - 17/01/2012 10:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By AiNi
not good enough mean enough, is it? or is it poor? D anyway thanks for the answer gan.

I'll use Indonesian for clarity.

Saya anggap AiNi mau sekolah ke luar negeri.

Nilaimu masih merah, tapi nggak jatuh banget. Kalau kamu mendaftar ke universitas luar negeri dengan nilai segitu, masih bisa masuk tapi kamu harus ikut kelas tambahan di negeri sana sebelum kamu resmi masuk. Kalau duit ortu lu cukup, nggak masalah. Anggap saja pengalaman ekstra, soalnya kamu bisa dapat pengalaman casciscus sebelum dijeburin masuk kuliah. Dan ini berharga, soalnya kalau sudah di dalam kelas kamu ada bahasa Inggris yang nggak ngerti, dosenmu nggak bakal peduli. Anggapannya kalau kamu sudah di dalam kelas, kamu siap. Kalau duit ortu lu dikit, mendingan belajar lebih banyak lagi di sini, ikut TOEFL periode berikut, dan usahakan dapat 500 lebih, baru daftar ke luar negeri. Soal penyesuaian, yah, nekad ajalah. Nanti kan ada orientasi juga. Walaupun pendek, sing penting wani sek.
ivandjaw - 18/01/2012 03:25 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By AiNi
not good enough mean enough, is it? or is it poor? D anyway thanks for the answer gan.

Quote:
Original Posted By tonnyc
I'll use Indonesian for clarity.

Saya anggap AiNi mau sekolah ke luar negeri.

Nilaimu masih merah, tapi nggak jatuh banget. Kalau kamu mendaftar ke universitas luar negeri dengan nilai segitu, masih bisa masuk tapi kamu harus ikut kelas tambahan di negeri sana sebelum kamu resmi masuk. Kalau duit ortu lu cukup, nggak masalah. Anggap saja pengalaman ekstra, soalnya kamu bisa dapat pengalaman casciscus sebelum dijeburin masuk kuliah. Dan ini berharga, soalnya kalau sudah di dalam kelas kamu ada bahasa Inggris yang nggak ngerti, dosenmu nggak bakal peduli. Anggapannya kalau kamu sudah di dalam kelas, kamu siap. Kalau duit ortu lu dikit, mendingan belajar lebih banyak lagi di sini, ikut TOEFL periode berikut, dan usahakan dapat 500 lebih, baru daftar ke luar negeri. Soal penyesuaian, yah, nekad ajalah. Nanti kan ada orientasi juga. Walaupun pendek, sing penting wani sek.

Well, I would like to add some things here

Whether it is good / not good really depends on the requirement set by the institution / organization that ask you for your TOEFL score.

For example, if you need TOEFL in order to graduate from Indonesian university college, usually a score of 500-550 is sufficient (CMIIW, I get this info from my friend), but if you want to apply for a job at the ministry of trade of the republic of indonesia, then you will need to have a minimum score of 600 (it is a hot news in indonesia recently, isn't it?). Most English speaking university require their international students to have a minimum score of 550 (580 for some top universities) for bachelor degree, and even higher for graduate degree (usually a minimum of 580 or even 600 for some top university).

So how good / bad your score is really depends on whom you are going to submit your score to.
Kongming88 - 18/01/2012 04:14 AM

Quote:
Is it for official or unofficial use? If it's unofficial, print your scanned certificate, see a notary, and see if you can convince him to stamp it as an authentic copy.

For official uses, you will have to contact ETS and pay them to send additional certificates. http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/faq

The fee is $17. ETS will send it directly to the university you chose. You can request a certificate to be sent to you, but most universities will not accept the certificate from you and will ask for one to be sent straight from ETS.

wow thanks tonnyc.
i did know ets cud provide more certificates, but i forgot in which section of d website referring to my request.
glabella - 18/01/2012 08:54 PM
Need info plizzzz
Can i get info about acept test???? I want to school at Jogjakarta university but they doesnt use toefl....
I live at east java so it's impossible to take course at Jogjakarta
Sorry about my worse English, if I have mistake, please forgive me... Thx....
tonnyc - 19/01/2012 01:24 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By glabella
Can i get info about acept test???? I want to school at Jogjakarta university but they doesnt use toefl....
I live at east java so it's impossible to take course at Jogjakarta
Sorry about my worse English, if I have mistake, please forgive me... Thx....

Are you sure? Gajah Mada's own admission page says that you can substitute a sufficiently high TOEFL or IELTS score.

http://mmugm.ac.id/index.php/admission/application-information/admission-test/test-of-english-languag e

Edit: After looking around via Google, as far as I can tell UGM's AcEPT is UGM's. Meaning that it's created and run by and for UGM itself. It's basically their own admission test. Just prepare for it the way you prepare for any English test. I expect it to be mostly similar to TOEFL.
usepoipinggiran - 19/01/2012 04:51 PM
need information about scholarship in English teaching
Need Help.

please share any information about scholarship aboard for English teacher.. iloveindonesias
glabella - 19/01/2012 10:18 PM

Quote:
Are you sure? Gajah Mada's own admission page says that you can substitute a sufficiently high TOEFL or IELTS score.

http://mmugm.ac.id/index.php/admission/application-information/admission-test/test-of-english-languag e

Edit: After looking around via Google, as far as I can tell UGM's AcEPT is UGM's. Meaning that it's created and run by and for UGM itself. It's basically their own admission test. Just prepare for it the way you prepare for any English test. I expect it to be mostly similar to TOEFL.

Yeah, but I think the test is different with toefl test. Its hard for me to search acept test for practicing at home. Thanks for information
aiysoygeboy - 19/01/2012 10:59 PM

My english teacher always said that we had to studie grammar for good conversation, but actually it is confusing when I will speak to someone, I hv to think what the grammar is 0_o Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
ivandjaw - 20/01/2012 12:01 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By aiysoygeboy
My english teacher always said that we had to studie grammar for good conversation, but actually it is confusing when I will speak to someone, I hv to think what the grammar is 0_o Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

yea, grammar is important as it will allow people to understand the time frame of what you are trying to convey to someone

if you are used to use a correct grammar in a sentence, it won't be a big issue when you are talking, you just need to talk more often and eventually you will be accustomed with it iloveindonesias
ikyeye - 20/01/2012 06:44 AM

hello everyone.
i want to ask if anyone knows about TOEFL test held by PPB UGM (Pusat Pelatihan Bahasa UGM), from the fees to the schedule, anybody?
thanks in advance

ps: their website is under construction hammer:

EDIT: nevermind, got their phone number D sorry for inconvenience
rhynna - 22/01/2012 06:42 PM
Ask
almost a year ago (january 2011),I went to PINLABS of airlangga university surabaya and asked a female officer,what kind of TOEFL would do to apply for overseas scholarship.she said it was TOEFL ITP.didnt know much bout it,I followed her advice and joined it by paying bout IDR 300.000.after the result came out,there was a note on the result that it was not for applying to universities.I was bout to complain,but later,it could be used to register to Australia Awards.But the numbers of scholarships I could apply were very limited using that TOEFL ITP result.my questions are:had the female officer of PINLABS of airlangga university tricked me?and what kind of TOEFL test will do to apply to scholarship abroad?how much does the test cost and where I can find the place which conduct the test (I am in surabaya)?
Please answer it.thank you so much \) Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
loc - 22/01/2012 11:40 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rhynna
almost a year ago (january 2011),I went to PINLABS of airlangga university surabaya and asked a female officer,what kind of TOEFL would do to apply for overseas scholarship.she said it was TOEFL ITP.didnt know much bout it,I followed her advice and joined it by paying bout IDR 300.000.after the result came out,there was a note on the result that it was not for applying to universities.I was bout to complain,but later,it could be used to register to Australia Awards.But the numbers of scholarships I could apply were very limited using that TOEFL ITP result.my questions are:had the female officer of PINLABS of airlangga university tricked me?and what kind of TOEFL test will do to apply to scholarship abroad?how much does the test cost and where I can find the place which conduct the test (I am in surabaya)?
Please answer it.thank you so much \) Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

call the Australia Awards Scholarships Officer at the Australian Embassy at (021) 2550 5550 and ask for Winny or Adit.
nono kaki - 23/01/2012 01:11 PM

does anybody know where I can find this year TOEFL testing schedule in all over Indonesia?

Thanks in advance D
tonnyc - 23/01/2012 02:47 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By nono kaki
does anybody know where I can find this year TOEFL testing schedule in all over Indonesia?

Thanks in advance D

TOEFL is run by Education Testing Services (ETS). You can find a lot of information at their website at www.ets.org.

This link will take you to the official test schedule. Just scroll down until you get to Indonesia.
nono kaki - 23/01/2012 07:27 PM

Quote:
TOEFL is run by Education Testing Services (ETS). You can find a lot of information at their website at www.ets.org.

This link will take you to the official test schedule. Just scroll down until you get to Indonesia.

Thanks Mr./Ms. Tonnyc D

OMG, there is no TOEFL PBT this year \(
rhynna - 24/01/2012 03:11 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc

call the Australia Awards Scholarships Officer at the Australian Embassy at (021) 2550 5550 and ask for Winny or Adit.
No,its not the Australia Awards that being my concern.its the TOEFL ITP.was my english really bad so u couldnt understand what I meant earlier?umm...I'll explain it again.so,a year ago I wanted to do a TOEFL test to apply to some scholarships abroad (not just Australia Award).but I didnt know which TOEFL test would do so I consulted to a female officer in PINLABS of airlangga university.she told me that it was TOEFL ITP which I could use to apply for scholarship abroad.but on its result paper,it was mentioned that the TOEFL ITP was not for applying to university.I wanted to complain,but later I found out that it could be used to apply australia awards so I cancelled my complain.but then I knew that TOEFL ITP rarely accepted in another scholarships abroad.so I wonder:
-did the female officer in PINLABS of airlangga university had guided me into misleading info bout the TOEFL ITP thing?
-what kind of TOEFL will be accepted if I want to study abroad and how much that cost also where can I do the test?
Hopefully you can get my points now and please answer.thank you Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
ivandjaw - 24/01/2012 05:37 AM

Quote:
No,its not the Australia Awards that being my concern.its the TOEFL ITP.was my english really bad so u couldnt understand what I meant earlier?umm...I'll explain it again.so,a year ago I wanted to do a TOEFL test to apply to some scholarships abroad (not just Australia Award).but I didnt know which TOEFL test would do so I consulted to a female officer in PINLABS of airlangga university.she told me that it was TOEFL ITP which I could use to apply for scholarship abroad.but on its result paper,it was mentioned that the TOEFL ITP was not for applying to university.I wanted to complain,but later I found out that it could be used to apply australia awards so I cancelled my complain.but then I knew that TOEFL ITP rarely accepted in another scholarships abroad.so I wonder:
-did the female officer in PINLABS of airlangga university had guided me into misleading info bout the TOEFL ITP thing?
-what kind of TOEFL will be accepted if I want to study abroad and how much that cost also where can I do the test?
Hopefully you can get my points now and please answer.thank you Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

1. I think it's not her fault as her understanding may be limited to a certain extent (maybe Airlangga University accepts TOEFL ITP, and she think that other universities also do that). Not to offense you, but I think it should be your full responsibility to find out which TOEFL test is accepted by any of the scholarship program that you are applying to. In this case, the safest bet is to find these requirements from each scholarship program details as they will usually provide these details (I never see a scholarship program that don't publish their requirement though..). In this case, I don't think you have any rights or whatsoever to complain to that lady from Airlangga university.

2. If you are talking about TOEFL, it should be TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test). Nevertheless as what I have told you before, I would suggest you to carefully check it again for each individual scholarship program. Some of them may prefer IELTS instead of TOEFL test. You can only register for the TOEFL iBT test online (visit www.ets.org/toefl) or you can also register it from an authorized agent appointed by ets. The list of these agents can be found online in the website. The cost is about USD199 i guess? Well, all information can be found online. Try to read through this thread as you will be able to get a bunch of very useful information about TOEFL test.

I hope this help you! iloveindonesias
leviathanmax - 24/01/2012 07:38 AM

gan

sorry for inconvinience, i just read this forum from page 1.

Iam looking for TOEFL and IELTS preparation book, but the link was broken.

Maybe anyone here have the e-book..or better link? Kindly appreciate if you can share it..

Many thanks gan iloveindonesias
loc - 24/01/2012 10:44 PM

Quote:
was my english really bad so u couldnt understand what I meant earlier?

i think i understood u just fine \) here's your original post. your questions are in red, my answers in blue.
Quote:
almost a year ago (january 2011),I went to PINLABS of airlangga university surabaya and asked a female officer,what kind of TOEFL would do to apply for overseas scholarship.she said it was TOEFL ITP.didnt know much bout it,I followed her advice and joined it by paying bout IDR 300.000.after the result came out,there was a note on the result that it was not for applying to universities.I was bout to complain,but later,it could be used to register to Australia Awards.But the numbers of scholarships I could apply were very limited using that TOEFL ITP result.my questions are:had the female officer of PINLABS of airlangga university tricked me?(i don't know the full story/what really happened nor is this the place to complain so i'm not going to answer this. also see ivandjaw's answer in green below.)and what kind of TOEFL test will do to apply to scholarship abroad?(see my answer above and ivandjaw's answer in blue below.)how much does the test cost and where I can find the place which conduct the test (I am in surabaya)?(see my answer above.)

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw
1. I think it's not her fault as her understanding may be limited to a certain extent (maybe Airlangga University accepts TOEFL ITP, and she think that other universities also do that). Not to offense you, but I think it should be your full responsibility to find out which TOEFL test is accepted by any of the scholarship program that you are applying to. In this case, the safest bet is to find these requirements from each scholarship program details as they will usually provide these details (I never see a scholarship program that don't publish their requirement though..). In this case, I don't think you have any rights or whatsoever to complain to that lady from Airlangga university.

2. If you are talking about TOEFL, it should be TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test). Nevertheless as what I have told you before, I would suggest you to carefully check it again for each individual scholarship program. Some of them may prefer IELTS instead of TOEFL test. You can only register for the TOEFL iBT test online (visit www.ets.org/toefl) or you can also register it from an authorized agent appointed by ets. The list of these agents can be found online in the website. The cost is about USD199 i guess? Well, all information can be found online. Try to read through this thread as you will be able to get a bunch of very useful information about TOEFL test.

I hope this help you! iloveindonesias

okay so far? good. that's why i posted this answer:
Quote:
Original Posted By loc

call them and find out:

[*]what the requirements are for each scholarship program; and
[*]how/where you can take the tests.

Page 40 of 42 | ‹ First  < 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]