English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 41 of 42 | ‹ First  < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 

ivandjaw - 24/01/2012 11:41 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By loc
i think i understood u just fine \) here's your original post. your questions are in red, my answers in blue.

okay so far? good. that's why i posted this answer:

call them and find out:

[*]what the requirements are for each scholarship program; and
[*]how/where you can take the tests.

yea, i think he was wondering why the lady at airlangga university gave him a wrong answer about TOEFL test requirement.

I hope my and loc's answer solve the dispute that he has iloveindonesias
logicandsenses - 26/01/2012 11:54 AM

guys do you know what web should i open to learn and download some medical english test? thanks before sorry for the bad grammar D
ivandjaw - 26/01/2012 03:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By logicandsenses
guys do you know what web should i open to learn and download some medical english test? thanks before sorry for the bad grammar D

google.com
bing.com

iloveindonesias
Arbi20 - 26/01/2012 11:04 PM
need advice for TOEFL practice
Dear agan2 Kaskuser,.. please I need your tips to pass Tofl tes, because two week again, I have to follow toefl tes in my office as requirement carrer promotion, unfortunly I had never been following toefl test before,. So, I need advice from all of U, how to pass toefl tes,. I'm scare if fail from this tes, because this is for my future, because I think Oppurtunity never come twice

Please,...!!!!

If one of U serve english private in Bekasi area, please contac me by PM

Thank's All

Regard
ivandjaw - 27/01/2012 03:29 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Arbi20
Dear agan2 Kaskuser,.. please I need your tips to pass Tofl tes, because two week again, I have to follow toefl tes in my office as requirement carrer promotion, unfortunly I had never been following toefl test before,. So, I need advice from all of U, how to pass toefl tes,. I'm scare if fail from this tes, because this is for my future, because I think Oppurtunity never come twice

Please,...!!!!

If one of U serve english private in Bekasi area, please contac me by PM

Thank's All

Regard

1. Looking for tips? Read this thread carefully as you will find a lot of tips and suggestion for TOEFL.

2. TOEFL is a test that need to be taken, not followed DD *sarcastic*, anyway, which TOEFL test are you going to have? Is it the official TOEFL test by ETS or some other "TOEFL test" administered by some English institution. What is the minimum score required by your company to pass the test?

1 more thing, start studying ASAP, 2 weeks of time doesn't seem to make any sense for me for getting an english teacher and expecting someone to be able to teach you in order to pass the test (provided that the minimum score is fairly high), nevertheless if the passing grade is relatively low, it shouldn't be a problem. iloveindonesias
feriyadir - 27/01/2012 07:55 PM
About TOEIC use
Any someone with TOEIC experiences here??
I want to know how useful TOEIC is? (As far as I know, it's very suitable with working force)
Arbi20 - 27/01/2012 08:18 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw
1. Looking for tips? Read this thread carefully as you will find a lot of tips and suggestion for TOEFL.

2. TOEFL is a test that need to be taken, not followed DD *sarcastic*, anyway, which TOEFL test are you going to have? Is it the official TOEFL test by ETS or some other "TOEFL test" administered by some English institution. What is the minimum score required by your company to pass the test?

1 more thing, start studying ASAP, 2 weeks of time doesn't seem to make any sense for me for getting an english teacher and expecting someone to be able to teach you in order to pass the test (provided that the minimum score is fairly high), nevertheless if the passing grade is relatively low, it shouldn't be a problem. iloveindonesias

Thank's gan, for your suggestion,.. Yup,. I think so, passing grade is relatively low,. but anyway I have to prepare,..
ivandjaw - 28/01/2012 03:32 PM

Quote:
Thank's gan, for your suggestion,.. Yup,. I think so, passing grade is relatively low,. but anyway I have to prepare,..

may I know what is the passing grade?

great! start to prepare ASAP! cendols
alehandroo - 28/01/2012 10:32 PM

Wow, this thread is really useful for me. Anyway, I'll take an IELTS test next month at I*DP bandung. Wish me the best luck guys beer:
Arbi20 - 29/01/2012 12:58 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By ivandjaw
may I know what is the passing grade?

great! start to prepare ASAP! cendols

Passing grade It's mean next level in carrer (from staff to Assistance Manager)
ivandjaw - 29/01/2012 04:52 AM

Quote:
Passing grade It's mean next level in carrer (from staff to Assistance Manager)

nope, i mean what is the score required by your company so that you get that promotion? cendols
ladyyellow - 29/01/2012 01:07 PM

hi guys, i would like to ask something, what is the difference between TOEFL ITP and TOEFL EPT? Is there any difference in scoring?
ZeroNineOneOne - 30/01/2012 02:38 PM

some native speaker was come to my school and she told to teach us english in purpose preparation for TOEFL test. guess what she said? she's confused by the TOEFL itself. she said, the content of the TOEFL is way too hard to understand.
hahaha look at the irony. even a native speaker admitted that TOEFL test are way too hard
ivandjaw - 31/01/2012 02:38 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By ZeroNineOneOne
some native speaker was come to my school and she told to teach us english in purpose preparation for TOEFL test. guess what she said? she's confused by the TOEFL itself. she said, the content of the TOEFL is way too hard to understand.
hahaha look at the irony. even a native speaker admitted that TOEFL test are way too hard

first of all let my try to revise several sentences of yours:
- some native speakers? or a native speaker?
- she told to teach us english? >-- totally wrong structure, people won't understand what u mean
and there are a lot of errors in ur sentences, if i were a native speaker, i wouldn't understand what u were talking about.

well then if she think that TOEFL is hard for herself, i doubt she speak english as her mother tongue. I believe that TOEFL should be very easy for a native speaker (if she is one), unless that for some other "reasons" that she said so.

TOEFL is a standardized test, and of course it's not perfect. But at least it gives some "good" guideline to know how good someone is in using english as their foreign language (that's why the test is named as TOEFL = Test Of English as a Foreign Language).

well I would say it's not exactly an irony because if u say that TOEFL is hard to understand, then wait till you take GMAT/GRE test hammer
klasika384 - 03/02/2012 06:23 PM

Hi folks...I want to share my experience having a GRE test. Finally I did the test on last tuesday (31 jan) at IIEF. The administration fee for the test was US$190 (around Rp1.710.000). It is easy to say that the test was very difficult for me. LOL. The test is consist of 6 sections : analytical writing analysis, argumentation analysis, 2 sections of quantitative analysis and 2 sections of verbal analysis... That's all I want to share... Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
kraitong - 04/02/2012 11:14 AM

Does anyone know , how long it'll take for receiving the IBT score by mail?
It is already more than three weeks and yet, i am not receiving it.
tonnyc - 04/02/2012 11:20 AM

From the ets.org TOEFL FAQ.

How and when do I get my scores?

Scores will be posted online within two weeks of the test date. Log in to your online TOEFL iBT account, enter the ETS ID received when you registered and click on the "View Scores" link. Your scores are also mailed to the universities or institutions you selected when you registered. A score report posting schedule for each test administration is available on the TOEFL iBT test site. Allow 7–10 days for mail delivery in the United States and more than four weeks for other areas. We recommend that you take the test two to three months before your earliest application deadline.
ivandjaw - 04/02/2012 11:53 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By klasika384
Hi folks...I want to share my experience having a GRE test. Finally I did the test on last tuesday (31 jan) at IIEF. The administration fee for the test was US$190 (around Rp1.710.000). It is easy to say that the test was very difficult for me. LOL. The test is consist of 6 sections : analytical writing analysis, argumentation analysis, 2 sections of quantitative analysis and 2 sections of verbal analysis... That's all I want to share... Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]

great! how was the test? cendols

Quote:
Original Posted By kraitong
Does anyone know , how long it'll take for receiving the IBT score by mail?
It is already more than three weeks and yet, i am not receiving it.

Quote:
Original Posted By tonnyc
From the ets.org TOEFL FAQ.

How and when do I get my scores?

Scores will be posted online within two weeks of the test date. Log in to your online TOEFL iBT account, enter the ETS ID received when you registered and click on the "View Scores" link. Your scores are also mailed to the universities or institutions you selected when you registered. A score report posting schedule for each test administration is available on the TOEFL iBT test site. Allow 7–10 days for mail delivery in the United States and more than four weeks for other areas. We recommend that you take the test two to three months before your earliest application deadline.

that's the answer underlined and in bold =)

a lot of people have been asking the same question again, i think we must somehow do an FAQ at page one iloveindonesias
kraitong - 04/02/2012 12:47 PM

I am just asking about your experience , i already noticed about that.

Is it really taking so long ? just wondering.

Anyway thanks.
tonnyc - 04/02/2012 02:40 PM

Well, it's two weeks to grade everyone's results and recheck them and put them into the database.

I am guessing two weeks of actually printing them out and putting them into the post office. I assume they will do the American results first, since the logistics are easier for them that way. That will take about a week, so your results won't even get mailed until the third week, and possibly the fourth week if you're unlucky.

Now, this is going to be air mail, so it'll be reasonably fast.

From the local post office to the central sorting office, one day. From there to Seattle, another day. From there to Hongkong or Tokyo, one day. From there to Singapore, one day. From there to Jakarta, one day. From there to clear up customs and inspections, one day. From there to the Jakarta post office, one day. If you live in Jakarta you'll probably get the letter the same day. So... That's 2 weeks + minimum 1 week + 7 business days.

I'm pretty sure about airmail speed, but how long it will take ETS to reach your turn is anyone's guess. Assuming my guesses are right, you'll get the result sometime between mid-February to late February.
Page 41 of 42 | ‹ First  < 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]