English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 42 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

KLanese - 16/09/2010 08:22 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By tsiqah
password: englishtips.org

thanks for the help shakehand
tsiqah - 19/09/2010 03:21 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
thanks for the help shakehand

Don't mention it \)iloveindonesia
KLanese - 24/09/2010 01:43 PM

-moved-
KLanese - 24/09/2010 01:54 PM

-moved-
Dark Archon - 26/09/2010 03:11 AM

Hi.... D

I want to share some of my experience of studying for TOEFL iBT... malu:
I only studied from a book, called Baron's TOEFL iBT Book or something like that, it includes some CDs for practicing listening and speaking part. I found that this book was really helpful. When I took the test I found that it was similar to what I had studied from the book, and I had already known what type of question it would ask D I think you don't need to take the special TOEFL iBT course because you can just study from the book...

my result was just okay... I only got 82 out of 120... maybe if I studied harder or took a TOEFL course I would get higher than that... but I only wanted to show you that you can pass the test even if you just study from a book.... don't forget to pick a book with CDs inside, because the speaking and listening part are a little bit tricky D
KLanese - 28/09/2010 12:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Dark Archon
Hi.... D

I only studied from a book, called Baron's TOEFL iBT Book or something like that, it includes some CDs for practicing listening and speaking part. I found that this book was really helpful. When I took the test I found that it was similar to what I had studied from the book, and I had already known what type of question it would ask D I think you don't need to take the special TOEFL iBT course because you can just study from the book...

my result was just okay... I only got 82 out of 120... maybe if I studied harder or took a TOEFL course I would get higher than that... but I only wanted to show you that you can pass the test even if you just study from a book.... don't forget to pick a book with CDs inside, because the speaking and listening part are a little bit tricky D

wonderful brada! big thanks for sharing shakehand
tsiqah - 29/09/2010 02:27 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Dark Archon
Hi.... D

I do agree. I learnt TOEFL autonomously too \)
Until finally I can teach TOEFL prep..
eskhacang - 29/09/2010 11:45 PM

comparing TOEFL to IELTS which one is more difficult , which one is a better assessment for speaking / conversing with others in english
KLanese - 30/09/2010 02:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By eskhacang
comparing TOEFL to IELTS which one is more difficult , better assess ones ability in speaking / conversing with others in english

yo brada, have u got problems with punctuation? D
geldoffy07 - 30/09/2010 04:35 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
yo brada, have u got problems with punctuation? D

explain to us about punctuation, please. i do have a trouble too..
KLanese - 30/09/2010 05:56 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By geldoffy07
explain to us about punctuation, please. i do have a trouble too..

well, "punctuation" is the standard set of marks used in written and printed texts to clarify meaning and to separate sentences, words, and parts of words.

you can try this link to practice it beer:
http://www.bristol.ac.uk/arts/exercises/grammar/grammar_tutorial/page_55.htm
milchUndZucker - 01/10/2010 03:18 AM

I live in jakarta and need to take IBT test in november, where i can find IBT prep course and if you don't mind, may I know the price?
KLanese - 01/10/2010 07:01 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By eskhacang
comparing TOEFL to IELTS which one is more difficult , which one is a better assessment for speaking / conversing with others in english

we cant compare both of them actually for the format is different. However, iBT TOEFL has more various types of speaking task and 4 of them are in the academically scientific questions whereas IELTS has more general in giving questions but conducted face to face. Both are equally useful for English conversation.

Quote:
Original Posted By milchUndZucker
I live in jakarta and need to take IBT test in november, where i can find IBT prep course and if you don't mind, may I know the price?

Well, I am not sure about the places in where you can have the prep course for the November test. But If I might say, doesn't it sound too instant for an International test preparation? Just try to give a call in one of the iBT TOEFL Test Centers I have provided on the first page. Good luck! beer:
b3aver - 08/10/2010 08:00 PM
Prep course for IELTS test
Hello everyone, I'm planning to take IELTS test next year with target score of 7 on every subject (not just the overall score), and yes I do know that's verryy hard, That's why I want to take IELTS prep course first because I'm not so sure if I only study by myself I would score 7 on all subjects.

My question are, does anyone have any recommendation regarding where to study ILETS prep? How about IALF, TBI, and EF? I think I'd prefer IALF to TBI but TBI prep course provides longer total hour for 1 course than IALF (and cheaper if I may add). Is it something I should consider before I make my decision? I don't know about EF though, because I haven't really looked into EF prep course... Thanks
aufadetektif - 10/10/2010 09:24 PM

Tx for everyone who has posted download link for practicing english D

Can i speak bahasa in this forum?
Olli3 - 11/10/2010 07:52 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By aufadetektif
Tx for everyone who has posted download link for practicing english D

Can i speak bahasa in this forum?

On this particular thread? You can't. You are allowed to use Bahasa on "Improve your writing", "Permintaan bantuan" and "All about grammar" threads though.
KLanese - 11/10/2010 12:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Olli3
On this particular thread? You can't. You are allowed to use Bahasa on "Improve your writing", "Permintaan bantuan" and "All about grammar" threads though.

yeeeeaaaaa... we prefer in English D
HaMz - 11/10/2010 02:34 PM

hi guys

i've taken IBT Toefl in ITC plasa sentral on august 28. The score was available online on sept 10, but i haven't receive the paper score report yet. is this normal? what is the normal delivery time for the paper score report? who should i ask regarding my problem?

thanks \).
KLanese - 11/10/2010 03:01 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By HaMz
hi guys

i've taken IBT Toefl in ITC plasa sentral on august 28. The score was available online on sept 10, but i haven't receive the paper score report yet. is this normal? what is the normal delivery time for the paper score report? who should i ask regarding my problem?

thanks \).

it's supposed to be sent by today (1 month after the online version's publicity). If within 1 week after today you still haven't received it/them, you are suggested to contact ETS (by email) from your iBT TOEFL account. Select "Contact us" (the above menu on your account), select >"TOEFL"TOEFL Service Team (http://www.ets.org/toefl/contact/contact_form) then fill in your personal information along with the corresponding issue. Wait for 4-6 days (usually takes shorter days).
p1nk3d_books - 11/10/2010 11:48 PM

Wow, 4 pages already matabelo:
Way to go!! D
Page 5 of 42 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]