English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 8 of 42 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›

KLanese - 28/10/2010 04:10 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Liq
Sad sad sad.
Got iBT score low low low. berduka

so sorry to hear it norose:

how low anyway? tell us the breakdown shakehand
Liq - 30/10/2010 07:16 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
so sorry to hear it norose:

how low anyway? tell us the breakdown shakehand

70. I thought at first I could make it because I got 593 on pbt but unfortunately I didn't. that pbt score means nothing. berduka berduka
rahan - 31/10/2010 10:41 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Liq
70. I thought at first I could make it because I got 593 on pbt but unfortunately I didn't. that pbt score means nothing. berduka berduka

well, i'm sorry to hear that ... the IBT caught you off-guard
anyway, if you please, would it bother you to analyse what went wrong on the IBT exam?
what kind of preparation you've done for the test?
what kind of 'unexpected things' happened during the test?

you see, your analysis and explanation might be useful for everyone here ... including me
thanks for sharing bro/sis ...
KLanese - 01/11/2010 01:51 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Liq

come on, 70 isn't too bad tough D
well, PBT is a lot easier than iBT. That score isn't good enough for your qualification? perhaps you can retake again next time Peace:

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan
anyway, if you please, would it bother you to analyse what went wrong on the IBT exam?

you see, your analysis and explanation might be useful for everyone here ... including me

agree to you bro rahan beer:
Liq - 03/11/2010 12:54 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By rahan

At first I thought the worst score would be on speaking section since, to be honest, I am bad in conversation, particularly on re-explaining lecture. But then I got the result where the worst is reading section, maybe because I rarely read english articles.

Quote:
come on, 70 isn't too bad tough D
well, PBT is a lot easier than iBT. That score isn't good enough for your qualification? perhaps you can retake again next time Peace:

Yes, iBT is so different than pbt that knowing grammar or structural rule only is not enough. \( fortunately, there is no minimum requirement for my qualification, still I am exceedingly sad everytime I remember my score. phew -

You guys maybe can give me tips to be successful on the next test?
rahan - 06/11/2010 06:48 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Liq
At first I thought the worst score would be on speaking section since, to be honest, I am bad in conversation, particularly on re-explaining lecture. But then I got the result where the worst is reading section, maybe because I rarely read english articles.

Yes, iBT is so different than pbt that knowing grammar or structural rule only is not enough. \( fortunately, there is no minimum requirement for my qualification, still I am exceedingly sad everytime I remember my score. phew -

You guys maybe can give me tips to be successful on the next test?

Thanks for sharing Liq. shakehand2

Well, first of all, me and several colleagues discussed about the IELTS test back in 2005, and we thought that it was much more difficult than TOEFL (at that time PBT was common test) considering TOEFL use of multiple choice and IELTS need of essay in Writing section and face to face conversation with native. But, then we heard rumor about change in TOEFL testing platform to iBT. I was curious about this change and soon bought iBT Barron's book to find out more about it. I noticed that there is significant change in Reading Part.

If I'm not mistaken, reading will consist typically 3 to 5 passages, it is quite long passages about 650 words or more. However, not all of this passages will be counted. It is just sitting there, playing with your nerves, without significant purpose other than some kind of pilot test/questions for ETS.

So, the best advice I can give to deal with any reading not only TOEFL:
1. Read Jakarta post to begin your day.
2. Read Reader's digest to end your day.
3. Jump into ocean of books in Ebookee.com, pick one of your favorite book, and try to finish that novel/book/handbook under two weeks time.

As far as conversation concerns, I found out that monologue is one cheap and helpful method. In addition to that, using this method, our imagination will work hard and one day it will pay off!
adindra2 - 07/11/2010 02:50 PM

I already took ITP test 3 months ago..
my score is 537, the detail is listening 520 structure 540 reading 550.
what do you recommend to improve my itp toefl score?
what book?
I only need itp format.
thx for your suggestion.
rahan - 08/11/2010 09:50 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By adindra2
I already took ITP test 3 months ago..
my score is 537, the detail is listening 520 structure 540 reading 550.
what do you recommend to improve my itp toefl score?
what book?
I only need itp format.
thx for your suggestion.

Should you wish to improve your ITP toefl score, there's nothing I can recommend other than to get maximum score in structure section. The easiest way to do this is using POWER TOEFL 3000 test software. Here's the link for you:http://www.fileserve.com/file/duhuEVG

For listening, I always use a 'not so up-to-date' TOEFL software from Barron's.

Reading score really depends on your vocabulary. So try this one from Rawdon Wyatt: http://hotfile.com/dl/65453681/2928517/0713684143.jcb.rar.html

Please note that the best way to know whether you're English is improving or not, is by setting a score before you do the intensive study. Let's say your current score is 537, then you study for 90 minutes everyday for 2 months, and then you do the test. Using that method you should see significant improvement in your score. You can expect to get 40 points for every 2 months you spend doing that intensive preparation.

I hope this can answer your question. Thank you.
shootingsonic - 13/11/2010 06:24 PM

hello, i am new here
i want to know where to take pbt toefl test in surabaya
can anyone here help me?
shootingsonic - 13/11/2010 06:30 PM

hello, i am new here
can anyone here help me?
Liq - 14/11/2010 01:01 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By shootingsonic
hello, i am new here
can anyone here help me?

PBT di sini Institusional kan? Karena Internasional sudah ga diadakan lg untuk Indonesia. Di Sby banyak koq, di NESO International Village di UBAYA bisa, di Pusat Bahasa ITS bisa, EF dll.
shootingsonic - 14/11/2010 02:57 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Liq
PBT di sini Institusional kan? Karena Internasional sudah ga diadakan lg untuk Indonesia. Di Sby banyak koq, di NESO International Village di UBAYA bisa, di Pusat Bahasa ITS bisa, EF dll.

justru saya nyari yang internasional
udah gak ada yah \(
kalo ibt yg utk coba2 ada nggak? yg ongkosnya 100 ribuan gitu
gak punya pengalaman ibt nih jadi agak takut
Olli3 - 14/11/2010 07:57 PM

^^^

Naughty naughty, no Indonesian allowed on this particular thread.
KLanese - 15/11/2010 01:34 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By shootingsonic
justru saya nyari yang internasional
udah gak ada yah \(
kalo ibt yg utk coba2 ada nggak? yg ongkosnya 100 ribuan gitu
gak punya pengalaman ibt nih jadi agak takut

you can download thru internet. it's on the first page of this thread D
good luck beer:

Quote:
Original Posted By Olli3
^^^

Naughty naughty, no Indonesian allowed on this particular thread.

hahahaha...we've been watched by the grammarman hammer:
Olli3 - 17/11/2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

hahahaha...we've been watched by the grammarman hammer:

How am I supposed to fix their English grammar if they write in Indonesian? D hammer:
adodira - 17/11/2010 06:29 PM

it's so difficult .. i have to study more \(
mithaholic - 18/11/2010 09:16 AM

anyone can help me?
I've took LIA EPT 2 times, my score are 408 and 432, but my score didn't enough for requirment apply job..
how can I get high score better than before ? min I must pass 450, I almost pesimist that my english not good, except Listening..
I need suggest and your help.
maybe I need recommend for Book that I can read to improve my English.
Lydian - 20/11/2010 01:46 AM

Howdy peeps =3

I'm taking IELTS test in less than 6 hours. And I'm so nervous, hence I can't close my eyelid at ease =(
Maybe due to my brief preparation for this test. I wish I read this forum sooner, but not it is already too late ='(
Particularly for writing and speaking module, I feel incredibly anxious =((
satebabienak - 20/11/2010 12:49 PM

Excuse me...
Anyone know where is the best ielts or toefl prep in surabaya???Give me some choiced please...i confused to decide it...
benfren - 22/11/2010 07:33 AM

good morning to everyone \)

i want to join this thread,cause this thread really help me to learn english especially for toefl test..

any suggestion where i can take toefl test at bandung?

thanks

btw

sorry if my english very bad..
correct me if i'm wrong..

\)
Page 8 of 42 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]