English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]
Total Views: 98131 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 9 of 42 | ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >  Last ›

Olli3 - 22/11/2010 10:32 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By satebabienak
Excuse me...
Anyone know where is the best ielts or toefl prep in surabaya???Give me some choiced please...i confused to decide it...

You can always ask around. Try EF, they offer the course as far as I know. I used to have mine at Vip. The thing is, Vip belongs to Vista (an educational consultant service). Just ask them if you can have the TOEFL Prep only. One of their offices is across the street from Bonnet.
KLanese - 22/11/2010 11:27 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By adodira
it's so difficult .. i have to study more \(

what was so difficult? the IELTS or TOEFL. I think if you have good background of general English, those two international tests won't harm you that much D

Quote:
Original Posted By mithaholic
anyone can help me?
I've took LIA EPT 2 times, my score are 408 and 432, but my score didn't enough for requirment apply job..
how can I get high score better than before ? min I must pass 450, I almost pesimist that my english not good, except Listening..
I need suggest and your help.
maybe I need recommend for Book that I can read to improve my English.

1. Try to review the English grammar esp. about tenses, conditional type1-3, clauses, modals, compound sentence, and also phrasal verbs
2. Try to test your reading skill (skimming+scanning) by using a stopwatch. Practice about 3 reading passages (@10 questions) in the afternoon and 1 passage only at night. Watch your progress and take notes on the new vocab beer:

Quote:
Original Posted By Lydian
Howdy peeps =3

I'm taking IELTS test in less than 6 hours. And I'm so nervous, hence I can't close my eyelid at ease =(
Maybe due to my brief preparation for this test. I wish I read this forum sooner, but not it is already too late ='(
Particularly for writing and speaking module, I feel incredibly anxious =((

I keep my fingers crossed for you. I guess the speaking test for IELTS is easier than the TOEFL since the questions will be in the familiar topics. Watch out for the writing D
KLanese - 22/11/2010 11:34 AM

Quote:
Excuse me...
Anyone know where is the best ielts or toefl prep in surabaya???Give me some choiced please...i confused to decide it...

Quote:
Original Posted By benfren
good morning to everyone \)

i want to join this thread,cause this thread really help me to learn english especially for toefl test..

any suggestion where i can take toefl test at bandung?

thanks

btw

sorry if my english very bad..
correct me if i'm wrong..

\)

well, you guys can look up the first page of this thread for the official TOEFL test centers in a specific city. Most of them usually offer us the TOEFL/IELTS preparation class with a competitive price. It would be a very good idea to prepare your test not in the last minute and also consider the deadline of your university in take program so that you would be able to predict the timeline of your TOEFL/IELTS score publication.
Good luck guys! beer:
Olli3 - 22/11/2010 12:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By KLanese
well, you guys can look up the first page of this thread for the official TOEFL test centers in a specific city. Most of them usually offer us the TOEFL/IELTS preparation class with a competitive price. It would be a very good idea to prepare your test not in the last minute and also consider the deadline of your university in take program so that you would be able to predict the timeline of your TOEFL/IELTS score publication.
Good luck guys! beer:

So I took a little peek on first page. Dude, I ain't no bro \(
satebabienak - 22/11/2010 12:49 PM
Search the other English course in Surabaya...Anyone know???Please mentioned it...
i know there are some english course in page one,but i need more...
i had already taken the IELTS prep in vip and now i will search another course...anyway i will take the best english course and the fees is't a problem for me...
KLanese - 22/11/2010 03:33 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Olli3
So I took a little peek on first page. Dude, I ain't no bro \(

so, you aren't quite attentive then D

Quote:
i know there are some english course in page one,but i need more...
i had already taken the IELTS prep in vip and now i will search another course...anyway i will take the best english course and the fees is't a problem for me...

Hmmm... I am not quite familiar with specific English course for IELTS preparation in Sby. So, do you still need to search for another institution after vip? ialf perhaps? or british council? or none of them you think is the best one D
shootingsonic - 22/11/2010 05:24 PM

Quote:
you can download thru internet. it's on the first page of this thread D
good luck beer:

hahahaha...we've been watched by the grammarman hammer:

on which post i can down load it?
actually i want to try ibt toefl test but its too expensive, i want a cheaper test to try, it doesn't matter whether it is internationally acknowledged or not as long as it has same difficulty as international one
i just want to test my strength before go to the real battlefield
KLanese - 22/11/2010 07:08 PM
Dringer was
Quote:
Original Posted By shootingsonic
on which post i can down load it?
actually i want to try ibt toefl test but its too expensive, i want a cheaper test to try, it doesn't matter whether it is internationally acknowledged or not as long as it has same difficulty as international one
i just want to test my strength before go to the real battlefield

search thoroughly on the first page D
satebabienak - 25/11/2010 05:14 PM

ok,thank you all for your advices,i will take it at kaplan and i hope it is the best one...
satebabienak - 25/11/2010 05:15 PM

ok,thank you all for your advices,but i will take it at kaplan and i hope it is the best one...
KLanese - 27/11/2010 09:27 AM

Quote:
ok,thank you all for your advices,but i will take it at kaplan and i hope it is the best one...

okay dude...good luck anyway beer:
greatperdana - 28/11/2010 08:03 AM

I think cambridge is the best ones, because it's really different between simulation test in kaplan with the real test, especially in reading section -IMHO-
KLanese - 28/11/2010 12:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By greatperdana
I think cambridge is the best ones, because it's really different between simulation test in kaplan with the real test, especially in reading section -IMHO-

couldn't agree with you more beer:
vamos - 30/11/2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Thanks to bro yobitz

Spoiler for Free IELTS Material Links

hi dude, i tried to find IELTS material from links above and apparently, all of the links are no longer available to be downloaded.
Could anyone here share free IELTS Material again for me please \)?

many thanks before beer:
TheHaunting - 01/12/2010 04:15 PM

Whoooaaaa!!! this thread is getting more and more crowded! nice to see it D

Quote:
Original Posted By vamos
hi dude, i tried to find IELTS material from links above and apparently, all of the links are no longer available to be downloaded.

many thanks before beer:

yeeeeaaaa...you're correct bro vamos. Bro klanese, the links are broken now I guess hammer:
KLanese - 02/12/2010 01:59 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By vamos

many thanks before beer:

Hhmmm... I just realized about that. Lemme check the links again D

Quote:
Original Posted By TheHaunting
Whoooaaaa!!! this thread is getting more and more crowded! nice to see it D
yeeeeaaaa...you're correct bro vamos. Bro klanese, the links are broken now I guess hammer:

Yup, okay. Thanks for letting me know beer:

I guess the links are okay. Are you sure you have deleted the symbol '*' on the address?? D
Loggingin - 02/12/2010 02:17 PM

mind if i share something..?

formerly, i worked for an English course in Jogja. i once experienced teaching IELTS to two engineering lecturers though i have never taken that test..LOL..
i was so nervous back then since my former students needed to pass the IELTS test in order to apply for PhD scholarship..oh, such a burden--or a mess, since an inexperienced teacher tried to teach it.haha..
but then i learnt that IELTS was totally different to TOEFL, especially the Paper Based one..i also "stole" the knowledge i didn't know before..
lucky me--or poor me--i haven't got a chance to teach IBT because i resigned little after that..
rahan - 02/12/2010 02:49 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Loggingin

formerly, i worked for an English course in Jogja. i once experienced teaching IELTS to two engineering lecturers though i have never taken that test..LOL..
i was so nervous back then since my former students needed to pass the IELTS test in order to apply for PhD scholarship..oh, such a burden--or a mess, since an inexperienced teacher tried to teach it.haha..
but then i learnt that IELTS was totally different to TOEFL, especially the Paper Based one..i also "stole" the knowledge i didn't know before..
lucky me--or poor me--i haven't got a chance to teach IBT because i resigned little after that..

Loggingin, please let us know whether your student had taken a pre-test before he studied with you at that time. Currently, I am working as an IELTS/TOEFL Private tutor. AFAIK, in this business, we are heading direct competition with International Institution such as IALF, EF, Wallstreet.

It is a common procedure for IELTS Prep Candidate to undergo a pre-test so that the institution know candidate's ability which is reflected as Candidate Entry Level.

It means they only guarantee 0.5 point of improvement after studying 50hours or so.

It's neither a burden nor a mess, the most important thing is that now you have had the experience of teaching IELTS. Congratulations. You should learn the IBT and give a try teaching it for another fellow. I believe that when we are teaching someone else, we are learning at the same time.

Thanks for sharing. Comment anyone?
ilovekaskusiloveindonesia
KLanese - 02/12/2010 02:50 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Loggingin

Thanks anyway for sharing D

Well, how were your students then? did they pass the IELTS? You must be a qualified teacher if they passed the test considering that the teacher him/herself never experiences such test. Or, just fortunate enough? D

Btw, have you got tips or tricks to share for others related to IELTS? beer:
Loggingin - 02/12/2010 04:00 PM

Quote:
Thanks anyway for sharing D

Well, how were your students then? did they pass the IELTS? You must be a qualified teacher if they passed the test considering that the teacher him/herself never experiences such test. Or, just fortunate enough? D

Btw, have you got tips or tricks to share for others related to IELTS? beer:

i don't know whether or not the passed the test since i resigned before the class finished--my contract ended before i finished that class n i wasn't going to renew, so i resigned.. hehe..
my colleague replaced me then..

well, u just have to practice a lot so u'll be familiar w/ it..

some people told me that speaking section in ielts is easier (than ibt) since it's more human.. we don't talk to computer in ielts, so we still could get the responses from the interviewer..n in some way, responses help a lot..

for writing, please practice a lot..if i'm not mistaken, u have to write 2 topics..one is table, diagram, bars, etc..the other will be about opinion or so..u could learn from the book so u could use the terms appropriately..

emm, give me space recalling another tips..it's been quite long time..

Are u going to take either ielts or ibt?
Page 9 of 42 | ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Qualifications, iBT/PBT TOEFL & IELTS+All Related English Courses In Indonesia [Tips]