English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [SHARE] The 10 Secrets to Speaking English
Total Views: 9614 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 6 of 8 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > 

geseggwgagratis - 18/04/2011 05:50 PM

nice share, mate
Revencia - 25/04/2011 07:33 AM

boosting my own confidence is very hard i think hammer:
because my grammar is very bad ngacir:
but, i will always trying :beer
Rudha - 09/05/2011 08:35 PM

study LINGUISTICS...army:
Rexton - 10/05/2011 12:48 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By winanda7
the 10 non-secrets to speaking english for me:
1.listen
2.listen
3.listen
4.listen
5.listen
6.listen
7.listen
8.listen
9.listen
10.speak

hohoho... very simple
smartshankara11 - 12/05/2011 03:10 AM

I like's this tread..!!!
tabrakan:
EssChristian - 14/06/2011 05:56 PM

i agree , with join on somegroup , it's will improve our skill, especially on speaking..
thank you gan for your share in this thread.. :thumbup

Correct please if i wrong
sufremix - 02/07/2011 08:34 PM

Nice thread
miarenauly - 02/07/2011 09:20 PM

that's really good article, thouse article build me to improve my english. from now on i will do that. thanks to TS

so now... when people ask me 'bout my english skill i would answer "i'm still working out to improve that" aaaaaaaaw i've never think bout that positive answer! \)

i'm so sorry i havent been ISO, cause if i have been, i'll give you cendol !
supermonster - 03/07/2011 04:45 AM

Speak anywhere n anytime D[SHARE] The 10 Secrets to Speaking English
ndirham - 03/07/2011 08:37 AM

number 3
i do it a lot D
warnock - 03/07/2011 09:39 AM

Very nice Tips...
it could make our english definitely increase with serious practice and absolutely with communication with others...
sinaranugrah - 21/07/2011 11:28 PM

yeah..lazy to do it,,,just singing english song,hehehe
we must spek spek speak,,,,,,
nice share gan,,,,
BKTRockCity - 22/07/2011 01:00 AM

i think all of that is best tips for me D
thanks a lot TS D
sensenchan - 22/07/2011 01:48 PM

Just wanna share :
From my experiences actually peoples whom already has english skills they're ready to communicate but the problem is when everytime they try to communicate or speaks to others they don't know what to say..i mean the words are already set in their minds but it seems they won't come out or don't know how to bla..bla..hoho..
choki27 - 22/07/2011 09:29 PM
gowns malloom
Quote:
Original Posted By violee06
wow, that's a good start, brother. if you practice your speaking skill regularly, I'm sure your English will be perfect. don't bother yourself with other opinion about your "belepotan" English. you are just a beginner, so it's fine to do mistakes. and I'm still practicing too and do mistakes D

i'm agree with you brother
Yukikawaii - 23/07/2011 12:25 AM

I found this thread very useful. Splendid! Too bad that I'm not able to hit you with my cendol (I haven't find what is cendol in English D).

May I add my experiences?

For me, discipline put a significant way to improve my English skill. My friend and I has made a consensus that a certain day will be an English day. In this case, I will speak English-only every Tuesday. No other language is allowed to be used at that day. It was indeed very tough for us to do this, which may result to pantomime performance (hilarious!). But through perseverance, I think we're doing good here. It might be just a simple way to say, "Hey, how you're doing today? Or did you manage to do your examination? Or hey, I just got a new movie, let's watch it together!". That kind of simple conversations gave me a new breeze in my daily routine.

And hey, I think everyone forgot to mention that the 11th secret is joining English Education and Literature sub-forum at KASKUS (though it will improve our non-verbal or non-spoken speaking D D).

TS, I just feel something funny with the tittle.
The 10 Secrets to Speaking English.
Why it was not "The 10 Secrets to Speak English"? or "The 10 Secrets of Speaking English?
I've already checked the original source and it was also written likewise.
I usually find that the modality using to followed by infinitive (to + infinitive), but in this case "The 10 Secrets to Speaking English", I might find it new.
Can you elaborate this?
Thank you very much.
Tanker77 - 23/07/2011 07:13 PM

1 more secret i think
Practice with native speaker D

i usually do it with the tourist in baliD
violee06 - 27/07/2011 01:11 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Yukikawaii
I found this thread very useful. Splendid! Too bad that I'm not able to hit you with my cendol (I haven't find what is cendol in English D).

May I add my experiences?

For me, discipline put a significant way to improve my English skill. My friend and I has made a consensus that a certain day will be an English day. In this case, I will speak English-only every Tuesday. No other language is allowed to be used at that day. It was indeed very tough for us to do this, which may result to pantomime performance (hilarious!). But through perseverance, I think we're doing good here. It might be just a simple way to say, "Hey, how you're doing today? Or did you manage to do your examination? Or hey, I just got a new movie, let's watch it together!". That kind of simple conversations gave me a new breeze in my daily routine.

And hey, I think everyone forgot to mention that the 11th secret is joining English Education and Literature sub-forum at KASKUS (though it will improve our non-verbal or non-spoken speaking D D).

TS, I just feel something funny with the tittle.
The 10 Secrets to Speaking English.
Why it was not "The 10 Secrets to Speak English"? or "The 10 Secrets of Speaking English?
I've already checked the original source and it was also written likewise.
I usually find that the modality using to followed by infinitive (to + infinitive), but in this case "The 10 Secrets to Speaking English", I might find it new.
Can you elaborate this?
Thank you very much.

wow, keep up the good work, buddy! lucky you to have a friend with the same spirit of learning English \)

anyway, you asked me about the title.. I don't think it's wrong.. honey, not all "to" are followed by infinitive.. you must be familiar with gerund, right? gerund is treated as a kind of noun.. so, when "to" is used as a preposition, it's then followed by the ing-form.. and the sentence "the secrets to speaking English" is a whole works as a noun phrase.

the easy way, just type "secrets to" on the google, you'll see that it's followed by noun.. so whether you say "the secrets to speaking English" or "the secrets to English fluency, you're in the right way.

honestly, I'm not good at grammar.. that's all what I know p

CMIIW

ilovekaskus
violee06 - 27/07/2011 01:15 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Tanker77
1 more secret i think
Practice with native speaker D

i usually do it with the tourist in baliD

yes, practice, practice, and practice D
violee06 - 27/07/2011 01:39 PM
grammar sucks
Quote:
Original Posted By sensenchan
Just wanna share :
From my experiences actually peoples whom already has english skills they're ready to communicate but the problem is when everytime they try to communicate or speaks to others they don't know what to say..i mean the words are already set in their minds but it seems they won't come out or don't know how to bla..bla..hoho..

It's because they are too afraid of grammar mistakes.. Believe me shutup:

Knowledge is a treasure, but practice is the key to it. Thomas Fuller

If you want to pass the examination, then study the grammar.. but if you want to become fluent in English, don't study grammar. It only slow you down and confuse you!

so, just cas.. cis.. cus, buddy! D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
damn!! I made a grammar mistake.. It should be "It only slows you down and confuses you"

see? grammar sucks, right? D

Poor the English literature students hammer:
Page 6 of 8 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > [SHARE] The 10 Secrets to Speaking English