English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Grammatical errors in english song lyrics
Total Views: 6736 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 4 of 6 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > 

Kernenyan - 20/11/2011 11:36 AM

I found again \)
Eminem - Slim Shady

"Will Smith don't gotta cuss in his raps to sell his records"
rharaz - 20/11/2011 11:15 PM
Beyonce K. - Irreplaceable
Quote:
Original Posted By tsiqah
Nobody says that D

I made a statement in the very beginning, sir. That it is a colloquaial language, yet it doesn't need to be that grammatically good. However, for our brothers or sisters who are learning English (some of them are thru songs), I think this would be quite useful..

yep, i agree with you. shakehand2
let's just learn from the errors. hehehe

"You must not know 'bout me
You must not know 'bout me
I can have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinking you're irreplaceable"
(Beyonce - Irreplaceable)

in good grammar, it should be >>> "So don't you ever for a second get to think you're irreplaceable"
Sectum.sempra - 21/11/2011 03:24 PM

if we compare native americans with foreigners who learn english (undergarduate level), i'm sure that the americans will get less scores in toefl. Yb
bhuhehe - 21/11/2011 04:46 PM

actually,
in literature, which is including song
there are no need such good grammar in the lyrics...

there are many reason for that,
one of the example is, a singer/singers just want to try to keep it in rhyme...

take a look at rapp music,,,
no need for lyric to be in order grammatically
PrincessTatia - 25/11/2011 04:41 PM

who care about the grammar
we just need a good lyric with a good tone
and whola... a good song is made
registerphp - 26/11/2011 09:52 PM

okay... it's not a big problem.. i think many people doesn't know it..
pramaharjan - 29/11/2011 02:35 PM

in my opinion
it's not a big deal, c'mon grammar on songs? what kind of joke is that?
the one that need grammar-checked are newspaper,speech,or school books

song,poetry,etc doesnt need to following grammar
*sorry for my broken english,still trying to figure it out,how to speak english fluently
Flank3r - 04/12/2011 04:38 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By pramaharjan
in my opinion
it's not a big deal, c'mon grammar on songs? what kind of joke is that?
the one that need grammar-checked are newspaper,speech,or school books

song,poetry,etc doesnt need to following grammar
*sorry for my broken english,still trying to figure it out,how to speak english fluently

like joker said "why so serious?"

c'mon guys, haven't you read the message on page 1?

the TS had already consider your thoughts
this one is just for fun, because it's interesting to find an error(s) in english song

don't you know realize that a lot of people especially teenagers are learning english from a song.
It would be better if they knew that some part of the lyrics are wrong grammatically

it's not an exhibition to everyone to show that you're some kind of grammar junkie or what..
it's just to show you that there is another fun way to learn english
lunaticdead - 04/12/2011 09:13 PM

is it true if beyonce's song title IF I WERE A BOY not if I was a boy?
pramaharjan - 05/12/2011 11:21 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By Flank3r
like joker said "why so serious?"

c'mon guys, haven't you read the message on page 1?

the TS had already consider your thoughts
this one is just for fun, because it's interesting to find an error(s) in english song

don't you know realize that a lot of people especially teenagers are learning english from a song.
It would be better if they knew that some part of the lyrics are wrong grammatically

it's not an exhibition to everyone to show that you're some kind of grammar junkie or what..
it's just to show you that there is another fun way to learn english

yea i know it,already read what ts said on page 1
but,in indonesian, there's nothing like grammar check on poems,or songs, it's beccause both of them are different from what we used to write in bahasa.
they have their own characteristic, song is not about grammar,but about the beauty and art inside it
en.sabah.nur - 06/12/2011 08:22 AM

it's all about rhyme, nothing to do with grammars
TheRiverStyx - 08/12/2011 05:19 PM

Just wanna clear up a few things.

The whole "like a child misses their blanket thing" - the English language doesn't have a gender-neutral pronoun, and since the rise of feminism many people refuse to use just male pronouns to describe something that goes for both male and female, they resort to using "they/their/them". It is grammatically incorrect, yes, but there's a good reason behind it.

The use of "don't" instead of "doesn't" in many songs, especially in rap/hip hop began with "black" English (i.e. the type of English dialect spoken by African immigrants and their descendants). If you want to know more about this dialect I suggest you to read the book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett, it's about black slaves, a very interesting book.

Using "me" instead of "I" at the end of sentences is grammatically incorrect, but most people use it because let's be honest, it's easier that way.

Yeah. Don't wanna be a know-it-all, just wanna explain a bit about these things.
TheRiverStyx - 08/12/2011 05:24 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By lunaticdead
is it true if beyonce's song title IF I WERE A BOY not if I was a boy?

It's correct. If you're using the word "if" to suppose something that is impossible, you use "were". e.g. If I were you

(source)
fahmiramadhan10 - 11/12/2011 05:24 AM

Yeah, I sometimes figure out the grammatical errors in english songs. To me, it's okay as long as you know the mistakes Grammatical errors in english song lyrics
ChainisT - 11/12/2011 11:10 AM

woooohhhh i believe now, many singger made many errors in their song

:rate5 for TS good idea to give inform like this

Grammatical errors in english song lyrics
ChainisT™
kempet16 - 11/12/2011 09:15 PM

yeah i hear that some of song lyrics have errors grammatical..
diabblejump - 14/12/2011 12:39 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By heroegodai
well, what if you just missheard the lyrics?
like a child misses their blanket or like a child misses the blanket
bingung

it's common for native english saying pronoun inappropriately
their educational background is vary
shakehand2

i do agreeshakehand2

i read the online lyrics very often, n i found so many words that do not fit compared to what i heard directly from the song.
inocha - 17/12/2011 08:42 PM

interesting!
yeah, i'll find the next error in my favrte song later gan D Grammatical errors in english song lyrics
jefryAS - 19/12/2011 12:28 PM

Opo meneh Yb
RnDparamore - 25/12/2011 03:06 PM

dude, do you ever know american slang ? i mean those songs you mentioned are all american right ? it's a very common thing among americans. take a look on black people (don't mean to be racist), they are all known to use a slang in a song for example a rap song, so you still think that's a grammatical errors ? come on slang is really really common in all languages just like ours
Page 4 of 6 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > Grammatical errors in english song lyrics