Basketball
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > Derrick Rose Fans here !
Total Views: 31986 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 102 of 102 | ‹ First  < 97 98 99 100 101 102

Fearnando - 01/10/2012 03:45 PM

semoga cideranya bang rose bisa sembuh lebih cepat:mewek
pista - 02/10/2012 03:18 PM

Quote:
For Rose, patience is the name of the game

by Adam Fluck
Oct 1 2012

In a perfect world, Derrick Rose would join his teammates on the Berto Center court when the Bulls hold their first practice of the season on Tuesday.

After all, there were times when he certainly sounded—and looked—ready on Monday, when the Bulls held their annual media day. But the reality is that Rose has a ways to go as he rehabilitates a torn ACL suffered in last season’s playoffs.

“I wish I could be in training camp right now, but I can’t,” Rose said. “That’s why I say I’m working on my patience, knowing that I have to prove to them that I’m ready to come back.”

It’s a new experience for Rose, who said that the mental challenges have been more difficult than the physical ones to date. But he’s making progress and determined to come back as good, if not better.

“Every week I’m improving,” said Rose. “Just trying to stay patient, taking my time, and hopefully be back soon.”

In the meantime, the rehab has allowed Rose an opportunity to spend a significant amount of time in the weight room. It’s something he believes will pay big dividends upon his return.

“I’m going to be a better player, but who knows in what area,” said Rose. “My legs have never been this strong before, my upper body has never been this strong before, my core has never been this strong before. I’m just going to see how far this takes me.”

An upcoming milestone for Rose will be later this month, roughly two weeks from now, when he begins to start cutting on his repaired left knee.

“Cutting is the hardest thing in the world right now to do,” said Rose. “I’m scared of it. And right when I think I get that out of my system, I think I’ll be pretty close, where I have to prove to them that I’m ready to play. Hopefully it won’t take the whole year.”

As for when Rose will return, both he and the Bulls stayed away from any specific timeline. And as GM Gar Forman noted, though Rose continues to progress as the team had hoped, the team’s star still has a lot of work to do.

“He’s come a long way,” said Forman. “When we say on schedule, he is up to par as far as what the expectations were at this point in his rehab. But let’s not forget he’s still got a long way to go. He remains focused and committed to what he’s doing, and there haven’t been any setbacks, so that’s why we say he’s on schedule. As far as the future is concerned, we’re taking this process step by step. Up to this step, he’s right where we want him to be.”

While Rose is sidelined, he plans to very much be a part of the team.

“[I'm] staying with the team right now, being around the team,” Rose said. “Been doing most of my rehab up here every day, just showing them that I’m working hard and showing them that it’s paying off where I’m surprising some of them too, when I walk around, they’re surprised how well I’m walking and just trying to keep things going, staying positive. I’m stress free. I’m at peace with myself, my health is OK and no one should be worrying about me.”

http://blogs.bulls.com/2012/10/for-rose-patience-is-the-name-of-the-game/

Quote:
Rose put in a call to help Bulls get Hinrich

October 1, 2012, 6:50 PM CT
By Jesse Rogers | ESPNChicago.com

DEERFIELD, Ill. -- Derrick Rose's stance on not “recruiting” players came to an end this offseason during the Chicago Bulls' pursuit of Kirk Hinrich.

“Kirk is someone I could see playing alongside a long time,” Rose said at Bulls media day on Monday. “When you’re a hooper and you know someone on the court is going into a battle with you, and he’s not giving up if he knows you are going to keep battling and I’m someone that will keep fighting to the end, and he’s the same as you, so why not have him on the team? Kirk is the first person I recruited.”

That’s high praise coming from one of the game’s best stars. Not only did Rose recruit Hinrich, Hinrich will be asked to fill the former MVP’s role until he recovers from an ACL injury.

“I don’t feel that much pressure,” Hinrich said of playing in Rose’s spot. “This is a good fit for me. The way they play, the things they emphasize.”

Previously Rose had indicated he wasn’t the type to be calling free agents. It didn’t happen with LeBron James, Chris Bosh or Dwyane Wade when those NBA stars were available. That changed with Hinrich.

“I had some questions for him,” Hinrich said. “I hadn’t had a chance to chat with him in a while. Just wanted to talk to him and see where he was at. I’m just excited to be back.”

Both Bulls general manager Gar Forman and coach Tom Thibodeau believe Hinrich’s familiarity with the organization and the city is a big bonus for the former first-round pick. Hinrich played for the Bulls from 2003-10 before stints in Washington and Atlanta.

“When you have a player here, you kind of overlook what a player does,” former and current teammate Luol Deng said. “In the past few years that Kirk has been gone I think, everyone that follows the Bulls, you start missing what he used to do. It was clear defensively how good he was and how committed he was to the team. I’m happy to have him back.”

Hinrich’s first stint wasn’t always a winning experience. The Bulls were rebuilding and expectations for Hinrich, the seventh pick in the draft, were high.

“We didn’t win to a level that we wanted to,” Hinrich said. “I wouldn’t say it was a success but I enjoyed my time here. … It was clear we had one goal in mind and we worked hard at it and we just didn’t accomplish what we wanted to.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9849/rose-put-in-a-call-to-help-bulls-get-hinrich

#thereturn
pista - 03/10/2012 02:31 AM

Quote:
Derrick Rose Taking More Engaged Role In Bulls' Roster

By: Shams Charania
Oct 02, 2012 1:59 AM EDT

DEERFIELD, Ill. – From stars joining forces to major-market teams making blockbuster trades over the past few years, Derrick Rose has paid attention to it all. His mindset never changed during that span: If players want to play with him and the Bulls in Chicago, they have to come on their own purgative. But this summer – as stars continued to team up and major-market organizations made blockbuster trades – Rose felt it was necessary to go out of his way to send a recruiting pitch, a total shift in his makeup.

As he rehabilitated his torn ACL during the offseason, Rose called then-free agent Kirk Hinrich twice, an opportunity for the former backcourt mates to renew their bond. The two made up for lost time, questions being tossed back and forth, and Rose knew Hinrich still had the same fire as before. Rose hated to see Hinrich leave in 2010, never mind the fact that he was dealt away for cap space as the Bulls chased after LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh.

As much as Rose talks about wanting to stay out of the front office’s personnel moves, he reinforced a clear message on Monday afternoon: Bring me players who are immensely passionate to join the Bulls, not through trade but through desire, and we’ll deal with whatever outcome.

“My teammates, they want to be here,” Rose said during media day at the Berto Center. “It isn’t no trade thing. The people that want to be here, they’re here for a reason: It’s because they want to be here.”

Basketball is an unpredictable sport, a big reason Rose loves the game so much. He openly asked why the Bulls can’t contend this season, why a team that bases its principles on defense and rebounding wouldn’t have a shot – similar to when he wondered aloud in 2010 why he couldn’t be the best player in the NBA.

Yet, the Bulls totally reconstructed their roster over the summer, with Taj Gibson as the lone reserve coming back. Their depth clearly took a hit after the organization decided to part ways with valuable contributors in Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, C.J. Watson and Ronnie Brewer. And mostly, Rose’s absence for a significant chunk of the season has placed the Bulls as a team no longer feared like a contender.

There was cautious optimism in the air Monday when Chicago opened training camp. Yes, the Bulls will experience tough times this season, but behind Tom Thibodeau’s system and proven players such as Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer, it is certain that they will be in the playoff hunt and perhaps compete for a high seed in the Eastern Conference.

Rose, for his part, fully knows the hardships that will not only come physically with his rehab, but also the mental toll he’ll take missing games. He badly wants to be out on the court with his teammates, but reality is that he will have to remain patient and diligent in his rehab. While Rose is two weeks away from cutting and jumping, a milestone in his eyes, he will ultimately need to show the Bulls’ doctors and trainers that he’s ready to come back.

“I wish I could be at training camp right now, but I can’t,” Rose said. “It’s not whenever I’m [feeling] ready. I’m going to have to prove to them that I feel all right. Right now, I’m not at that stage.

“There’ve been times where I’ve felt that I can jump, play around and do all these things, but I might injure myself [so] I try to stay away from that.”

Of course, no one surrounding the Bulls – from the hierarchy to coaches to players – has a reputable, solidified prediction as to when Rose will return. Rose admitted he’s hopeful that his comeback will be after the All-Star break, but even so, he doesn’t know which twists and turns might unfold as this rehab process wears on. As of now, he plans to stay around his teammates as much as he can.

Eventually, Rose will return and the Bulls could find themselves in the midst of a stellar late-season run. He knows how much his team lost during the offseason, players who personified the level of hunger and loyalty that Rose admired in Hinrich. The league consists of super teams, but Rose is a different type of star in this era. A player can have all the talent in the world, but if he doesn’t fit Rose’s standards as someone who will stay reliable and trustworthy through the ups and downs, Rose sees no use.

So, when Hinrich’s return was within reach this summer, Rose gave him his own recruitment, a first-time accomplishment for a superstar who refused to call two of the past decade’s premiere free agents, James and Wade, a couple summers ago.

“Kirk is the first person I recruited,” Rose said. “He’s been a winner all his life and I know we’re going to go be good together.”

Quietly, Rose is just as involved in the Bulls’ decisions staying private as he would be if he were vocal. His thirst for a championship is apparent – “I want to win a championship so bad,” he said – and he’s made clear over and over the criteria his teammates must meet. Slowly, the 2011 league MVP is also beginning to accept the idea of recruitment, but on his terms.

http://basketball.realgm.com/article/223771/Derrick_Rose_Taking_More_Engaged_Role_In_Bulls_Roster#ixz z289v67tCZ
pista - 04/10/2012 04:06 PM

Happy 24th B'day for Bulls captain & best player:selamat:selamat
Mr. Derrick Martell Rose
semoga cpt sembuh dari cederanya & kembali ke performa yg terbaik rose:
==============================
Quote:
Derrick Rose 'recruited' Bulls player

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY Sports
10:13AM EST October 3. 2012

- DEERFIELD, Ill. — Throughout his career, Bulls point guard Derrick Rose has been against "recruiting" players to come play alongside him in Chicago.

Rose reportedly didn't put much effort into recruiting LeBron James or any other free agents during the free agent frenzy of 2010.

But when Kirk Hinrich, who played for the Bulls from 2003-2010, became a free agent this past summer, an injured Rose put in a call.

"Is Kirk the first person I recruited?" Rose asked a media crowd. "Yeah, Kirk is the first person I recruited. I only got a chance to play with him for a short period of time. For me to have him back, knowing how hard he wants to win, knowing he's been a winner all of his life, I know we're going to be good together."

Hinrich, 31, played for the Bulls during Rose's first two seasons and helped the No. 1 overall draft pick acclimate to the NBA.

Ironically, the Bulls traded Hinrich to the Washington Wizards in 2010 to open enough salary-cap room to make a run at signing James, who instead took his talents to South Beach.

Rose said Hinrich's tenacious style of play and character made him pick up the phone to orchestrate a reunion.

"I think Kirk is someone I could see myself playing with for a long time," Rose said. "It's nothing more than when you're a hooper and you know who's going on the court with you and he's not giving up and will keep battling. I'm someone who's going to keep fighting until the end. He's the same way. Why not have him on the team?"

But Rose and Hinrich won't be playing together until midseason at the earliest, as Rose rehabs his knee from a torn ACL he suffered in last season's playoffs.

"Obviously, missing Derrick, it's a huge blow," Hinrich said. "But there are a lot of guys on this team who've been around a long time. I know everyday we're going to go out, compete, defend, share the ball, and do the things it takes to win."

Hinrich shrugged off the idea of Rose recruiting him.

"I talked to him a couple time during free agency," Hinrich said. "I know Derrick, he's a great kid. …The bottom line is when (free agency) started to get dicey, my heart and gut was telling me this was the place for me."

Hinrich, who played for the Atlanta Hawks last season and battled injuries, said he thinks Chicago fits his style of play perfectly.

"I feel like this is a good fit for me—this team the way they play, what they emphasize," he said. "Being on the outside looking in, I admired the way the team played. I wanted to be a part of that."

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau expects Hinrich to make an impact right away.

"I think the fact that he's played here before is helpful," Thibodeau said. "I think he has the ability to play both guard spots. He's played with Derrick before. He's played with Luol and Joakim."

Hinrich reunites with Bulls forward Luol Deng, who said he's noticed a void since Hinrich left the organization.

"I think sometimes when you have a player here, you kind of overlook what a player does," Deng said. "In the past few years that Kirk has been gone, I think everyone that follows the Bulls, everyone on staff, everyone who plays with him, you start missing what he used to do. It was clear defensively how good he was and how committed he was to the team, how hard he plays every night. I'm really happy to have him back. I think we appreciate each other a lot more now."

Hinrich is looking forward to re-joining the Bulls, the team that drafted him out of Kansas.

"In a lot of ways it feels like I never left, in a lot of ways it feels like I've been gone for while," Hinrich said. "It's one of those things where when you first get in the league, human nature is that you want to establish yourself individually. Once you do that, you only care about winning. …I feel like myself, Luol, some other guys came in and brought the organization back to respectability. It's much better now. I love our group, they're great guys, they care about the right things, that goes a long way."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2012/10/03/derrick-rose-recruited-kirk-hinrich-chicago-bulls /1610079/
pista - 04/10/2012 04:12 PM

Quote:
Adidas gets to the roots of Derrick Rose to produce shoe, logo, graphic and apparel

Published: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 6:35 PM
By Allan Brettman, The Oregonian

To really get to know the subject at hand, Adidas dispatched its D Rose team from Portland to Chicago.

There, the Portlanders ate at Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose's favorite restaurant, visited his Simeon High School gymnasium, stood on the South Chicago corner of West 73rd and South Paulina near where he grew up and hung around with his friends and family. Two years after that get-acquainted process began, Adidas today rolls out the latest iteration of its Derrick Rose signature shoe as
as the first clothing in a Derrick Rose apparel line.

The Adidas-Rose partnership, in place since his 2008-09 rookie season, was cemented in February. Rose reupped with Adidas in a deal that reportedly will pay him at least $185 million over 13 years, up to $200 million with incentives.

But the 2011 NBA Most Valuable Player tore a ligament in April in a playoff game. An 8- to 12-month rehabilitation is expected.

Adidas and Rose, however, have been undeterred in forging ahead with an ambitious marketing and product development plan, most of which is crafted at Adidas America's headquarters in North Portland.

Rob Lee, creative director for Adidas America, discussed the latest shoe, the apparel line and the number one, most important thing in Rose's life in a recent interview:

Q: What was the design process like for the new shoe and apparel line?
A: Every time we kick off a design project specifically for an athlete, we start with the athlete. That goes to the roots of our company. Our founder (Adi Dassler) was an equipment manager, pretty much, and that's how he built products and gathered insight. We try to get as much insight as we can. So we meet with him five to 10 times a year depending on the projects we're working on and his availability. Obviously we don't want Derrick to take away from his work in-season, so we try to bother him less during in-season to get his feedback. But we work pretty regularly with his family and with him to get their input from a design perspective. Every time we do a new shoe we want to improve from the last one. We need to meet with him and see what's working and what's not.

Q: Your design team created a graphic that depicts Rose's life in the form of a tree. It's on a T-shirt. It's even on the tongue of the shoe, the D Rose 3, designed by Kohei Kanata of Adidas America. How did you gather the information in that tree?
A: The beauty of this graphic is that we wanted to tell this family tree story of Derrick's life and incorporate where he was at that moment in time and all of his accomplishments but create something personal, too. The (five-person) design team went to Simeon High School, toured (Chicago neighborhood) Englewood with Reggie, Derricks' brother. They ate where Derrick ate. They really did their research. And Reggie hosted them on that trip to gain all that insight. But some of the personal stuff -- the sleeping giant, the tree -- came out of that trip.

Q: Did Derrick Rose make any specific requests for the shoe design?
A: He wants it to be stylish. He wants to be able to wear it on and off court. And he wants kids to be able to wear it. That was a key thing for us. He wanted something that would be amazing on court but a consumer could also wear it with jeans.

Q: Leon Imas, an Adidas America designer, created a logo for Derrick Rose with the help of Peter Moore, one-time Adidas America president and one-time designer of Michael Jordan's shoes at Nike. How'd that logo process unfold?
A: When you create a logo for Derrick Rose you may say, 'Eh, let's just make a rose. That's a pretty simple thing to do.'" But we wanted to make sure we encapsulaed his life within this logo. So each petal represents one of his brothers. So Reggie, Allan and Dwayne are all represented here. (Editor's note: It's misspelled as "Allen" on the T-shirt.) And then we wanted the petals of the rose not to be soft but to be sharp and be aggressive -- like his style of play. So we wanted to incorporate his performance. It's really important for us that we capture this. We also worked on creating this D in there. That's obviously for 'D Rose.' And the centerpoint was a 'one" (Rose's uniform number) but it also represented his mother, Brenda. That's Derrick's starting point, that's his foundation. We wanted to encapsulate all that.
Before settling on this one, I could wallpaper this room 10 times with the iterations we had. But until we got to this one -- incorporating his family, his style of play, his number, his mom, all that -- we knew we had a home run there.

Q: You've worked with a lot of professional athletes, at Adidas and earlier at Reebok. What's it like to work with Derrick Rose?
A: He's a pretty amazing person. He's a humble person.

http://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2012/10/adidas_gets_to_the_roots_of_de.html
pista - 04/10/2012 11:32 PM

The Return of D Rose: Episode 4 - PUSH
[youtube]3gwzhOundto[/youtube]
#thereturn
==================================
Quote:
GM optimistic about Derrick Rose

ESPNChicago.com
Updated: October 4, 2012, 3:21 PM ET

Chicago Bulls general manager Gar Forman said Thursday that he's optimistic Derrick Rose will be able to play at some point during the 2012-13 season.

Rose, who turned 24 on Thursday, underwent surgery on his left ACL on May 12, and the prognosis for his return was between eight and 12 months.

"He's doing great, and he's right on schedule," Forman said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "He's attacked this rehab and has been very focused, and we're really pleased with where he is right now.

"But it's a process and it's a long process. It's still too early to pinpoint an exact time when he'll be back, but everything as of right now is right on schedule, and he's doing terrific. And when he's ready to step on the floor when he's at 100 percent he'll be back on the floor, and we're optimistic he'll be back at some point this year."

Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf told ESPN 1000 during the summer that he won't allow Rose to return until he's 100 percent. Reinsdorf said he doesn't want to make the same mistake he made with Michael Jordan during his second season, when Jordan returned from a foot injury. Jordan didn't aggravate the injury, but Reinsdorf felt it was a risk he doesn't want to take with Rose.

"Until the doctors say he's 100 percent and they put their reputations on the line, he's not coming back," Reinsdorf said in August.

Rose said during media day interviews on Monday that he's about two weeks away from trying to cut on his rebuilt left knee, which he tore during Game 1 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinals against the Philadelphia 76ers.

"Probably when I start cutting again (I'll feel I'm back), because right now cutting is the hardest thing in the world right now to do," Rose said Monday. "I'm scared of it. And right when I think I get that out of my system I think I'll be pretty close, where I have to prove to them that I'm ready to play. Hopefully it (doesn't) take the whole year."

Forman said it will be a team decision to determine when Rose is ready.

"We'll be cautious in general," Forman said. "Obviously, myself and Jerry and (vice president of basketball operations John Paxson) and (coach Tom Thibodeau) and the doctors and trainers will all keep tabs on it and have constant communication. We'll come to a consensus as far as when it's best to get him back on the floor. It really won't be until we feel very comfortable that he's ready to be back on the floor competing."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8461523/chicago-bulls-general-manager-gar-forman-optimistic -derrick-rose-return-season
pista - 07/10/2012 03:12 PM

Quote:
Phil: Rose will become more vocal leader

October 5, 2012, 12:42 PM CT
By ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose has always let his play set the tone for the Chicago Bulls, but as the newly-turned 24-year-old star matures in his game, he will learn to become a more vocal leader, Phil Jackson said Friday.

"You see him do his leading mostly by his athletic prowess and his spirit that he plays the game with, his undaunting spirit," Jackson said on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN 1000. "But as he grows older he will become more of a vocal leader, and I think that's an important aspect for a guy who wants to lead his team into the NBA championship level. And that's the direction they're headed now."

Rose, who turned 24 on Thursday, first has to work his way back from a torn ACL suffered in the first round of the playoffs last season. Bulls general manager Gar Forman told "Waddle & Silvy" on Thursday that he is optimistic Rose will play this season, and the former MVP said on Monday that he hopes to start making cuts in two weeks.

Jackson believes Rose might need a full year to come back from the injury which has been described as needing 8-12 months for recovery.

"I know it's going to take awhile for that," Jackson said. "That's such a critical injury for a player, especially one that had such great ability to stop and start and change directions. But there's a period of time that everybody has got to give him. A year is sometimes the outer limits of that injury before one recovers and a year would put them back in the month of May. Hopefully he can speed that up a little bit and get back in the middle of this season and contribute to the Bulls."

The Bulls face the challenge of playing without Rose for much of the season, but Jackson said they will be able to manage without him.

"The team is going to be fine," he said. "They are going to struggle a little bit to score, they are going to have the problems that go along with missing that player that can be a breakdown or critical scoring guard. But they did very well without him during the season, and the backup guys I thought held their own ... They got a lot of distance out of the guys who filled in for Derrick. It's going to be a struggle, it won't be as easy, but if they can get all that group together by the playoffs they'll perform well."

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/9903/phil-rose-will-become-more-vocal-leader

Quote:
Rose, Deng, Noah, Boozer Named Bulls' Captains

Oct 06, 2012 7:35 PM EDT

As the Chicago Bulls announced Monday during media day, Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer will serve as team captains. The same foursome who have held the distinction in each of the past two seasons.

Although Rose won’t travel with the Bulls to most away games once the regular season starts, the 2011 NBA MVP believes his presence around the team is critical even as he rehabilitates a torn ACL.

“[I am] being around team right now,” Rose said on Monday afternoon. “We’re doing most of my rehab up here [at the Berto Center] every day, showing [my teammates] that I’m working hard and showing that it’s paying off. I’m surprising some of them, too, when I walk around.”

Via Shams Charania/RealGM

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223858/Rose_Deng_Noah_Boozer_Named_Bulls_Captains
pista - 08/10/2012 11:51 PM

Quote:
Derrick Rose: Return when ready

Updated: October 8, 2012, 11:14 AM ET
ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose has heard the talk that he would be better off sitting out the entire season to recover from knee surgery, but the Chicago Bulls star said he will return when he is "ready to play."

Former NBA All-Star point guard Tim Hardaway, who suffered a torn ACL in 1993 that kept him out of the following season, was one of those voices, recently telling ESPNNewYork.com that Rose should not play at all during the 2012-13 season.

"Everybody has their own opinions," Rose said in an interview with ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it's all year I might wait the whole year, so what. If I come back at the All-Star (break) so what.

"If anything I think I've learned it's going to help me with my patience. I think I'm way more patient."

Rose, who tore an anterior cruciate ligament on April 28 and had surgery on May 12, faces an 8-to-12-month recovery. But Rose has said he is ahead of schedule and is now running, shooting and jumping. He expects to begin cutting in another week. Bulls general manager Gar Forman told "Waddle & Silvy" on Thursday that he is optimistic Rose will play this season.

But Rose is not the only one who wants to make sure he is completely ready to return. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf has said he will not allow the team to rush Rose back much like he feels the Bulls did during Michael Jordan's second season in 1985-86 when he broke a bone in his left foot.

As his Bulls open the preseason on Tuesday against the Memphis Grizzlies, Rose said it will be difficult to be a spectator, but his teammates play a big role in his rehab.

"It's going to hurt at first, but I know that the players we have, they want to be here, and they're going to do anything to win," Rose said. "The character of the team is great. Everytime I come in here and see them working hard it makes me want to work harder in my rehab, and I take that to when I get home.

"I work out at home by myself. (I'm) just doing stuff like that to prepare myself so that when I come back I'm not scared to play the way I normally play."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8477936/sit-season-chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-back-ready-pl ay
DarkUnicorn - 13/10/2012 09:46 PM

agan-agan semua ane ikut mejeng di sini ya:matabelo ane pengemar berat rose nih:matabelo salam kenal semua:matabelo
pista - 17/10/2012 11:57 PM

Spoiler for adidas Basketball: Derrick Rose - Logo Story
[youtube]JRxjwcNwBH8[/youtube]

================================
DRose shoot practice be4 Bulls-Bucks pre-season game
bodynya makin keker aja nih DRose, bisa2 guard yg jagain dia mental klo body charge ama DRose, cepet sembuh ya DRose #1 cool:
Spoiler for 1
Derrick Rose Fans here !

Spoiler for 2
Derrick Rose Fans here !

Spoiler for 3
Derrick Rose Fans here !

Spoiler for 4
Derrick Rose Fans here !

Spoiler for 5
Derrick Rose Fans here !

Quote:
K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop
Power of TV: Camera shows Derrick Rose shooting pregame jumpers and buzz follows. Truth is, Rose has been shooting for over 5 weeks.

pics credit: realgm Bulls thread & @JoshLissSports twitter
======================================
Quote:
Derrick Rose: Return when ready

Updated: October 8, 2012, 2:16 PM ET
ESPNChicago.com

Derrick Rose has heard the talk that he would be better off sitting out the entire season to recover from knee surgery, but the Chicago Bulls star said he will return when he is "ready to play."

Former NBA All-Star point guard Tim Hardaway, who suffered a torn ACL in 1993 that kept him out of the following season, was one of those voices, recently telling ESPNNewYork.com that Rose should not play at all during the 2012-13 season.

"Everybody has their own opinions," Rose said in an interview Oct. 1 with ESPN's Rachel Nichols. "When the time comes I just have to be ready and prove to the people here that I am ready to play. Who knows when that time is? If it's all year I might wait the whole year, so what? If I come back at the All-Star (break), so what?

"If anything, I think I've learned it's going to help me with my patience. I think I'm way more patient."

Rose, who tore an anterior cruciate ligament in a playoff game April 28 and had surgery May 12, faces an eight- to 12-month recovery. But Rose has said he is ahead of schedule and is now running, shooting and jumping. He expects to begin cutting in another week. Bulls general manager Gar Forman told "Waddle & Silvy" on Thursday that he is optimistic Rose will play this season.

But Rose is not the only one who wants to make sure he is completely healthy before he returns. Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf has said he will not allow the team to rush Rose back, something he believes the Bulls did during Michael Jordan's second season in 1985-86 when Jordan broke a bone in his left foot.

As the Bulls open the preseason Tuesday against the Memphis Grizzlies, Rose said it will be difficult to be a spectator, but his teammates play a big role in his rehab.

"It's going to hurt at first, but I know that the players we have, they want to be here, and they're going to do anything to win," Rose said. "The character of the team is great. Everytime I come in here and see them working hard it makes me want to work harder in my rehab, and I take that to when I get home.

"I work out at home by myself. (I'm) just doing stuff like that to prepare myself so that when I come back, I'm not scared to play the way Ia normally play."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8477936/sit-season-chicago-bulls-derrick-rose-back-ready-pl ay

#thereturn
pista - 18/10/2012 12:45 AM

Quote:
Player Capsule (Plus): Bloomsday with Derrick Rose

Posted on October 12, 2012 by Aaron McGuire

---skip to D-Rose part----

Derrick Rose was born on October 4th, 1988. It was a calm day, with temperatures in the high 40s and a slightly nippy wind. This calm was antithetical to the situation the boy was thrust in. Unlike Joyce, Rose all but skipped the younger "prosperous" stage of life -- his father walked out on the family before Rose was born, and as a child, Rose was left to be raised by his mother and three older brothers in the neighborhood of Englewood, Chicago. A bit of needed context: Englewood is arguably the most dangerous neighborhood in America. It features a poverty rate that consistently brushes 50%, massive gang infusions in just about every square of possible territory, and crime beyond comprehension to many. It's very hard to live in Englewood, and harder still to do so cleanly. Consider -- in a 5 month period surrounding Derrick's draft, 28 people were shot within the block surrounding the court Derrick learned the game on. Rough situation? Ridiculous understatement.

But Rose's mother and brothers persevered, trying desperately to give the young prodigy a life better than the one he'd been born into. They drove him everywhere -- Rose never had a practice in school without one of his brothers in the stands -- and actively picked schools so that Derrick wouldn't have to walk through multiple territories. Not to mention the media -- until Rose picked his college, the family refused to let him do interviews or sign with vicious street agents. This was far more necessary than the disconnected may initially think -- Englewood's violence isn't simply reserved for gang members, it also weighs heavy against those who inspire jealousy. At Rose's own alma mater, there was the teachable and tragic story of Ben "Benji" Wilson. Wilson was Chicago's first #1 ranked prospect in the sport of basketball. "Magic Johnson with a jumper." He too hailed out of Englewood, and he too went to Rose's high school. He began to get focused on in newspapers, media events, and national hype. It looked as though Wilson had a promising, wonderful career in his future.

Until he was shot dead at the age of 17, that is.

Rose's family saw the tragedy. They saw the spectres looming around every dangerous Englewood corner. And they knew Rose's talent was special. So they did every single thing they could. They kept their tight-knit family afloat, propped him up, and gave him a shot. That was their lot, and they succeeded beyond all reasonable expectation. Rose's family deserves an astonishing amount of credit for giving Rose the opportunity to become the person he is. They offered the crucial support and love that greases the skids of a dream. And above all, they supported Rose. Held him up. Kept him afloat. Let him become his own man, with faith that the man would be true to their values. And, it must be said, Rose put up his end of the bargain, and then some. I don't want to bury you with anecdotes about how humble and wonderful Rose is -- you can find most of them anywhere.

But I will share one, because I've only ever read it in one place and it deserves special note. For Rose's first media appearance, he held a press conference to announce which college he'd attend. It was the first conference of his career -- Rose's family had learned from the lessons Wilson's untimely death, and they curtailed his media appearances to an extreme extent. But for this press conference, Rose had a single request. He would not do the press conference unless two minor members of his high school team -- two of his best friends -- were able to use it as their own conference to announce their own college decisions as well. Neither made the NBA, nor were either a nationally-recognized player. Later asked by a related reporter as to why he was so stringent on demanding their presence at a conference that was supposed to be "his" day, Rose had an exceedingly short answer for him.

"They deserve a press conference too."

---skip to D-Rose part---

It cannot be effectively argued that Rose -- despite his singular game, his startling feats, his humble grace -- is the greatest player in the sport. And even if he comes back fully rejuvenated in a season or two, he probably still won't be quite there. Too many gaps in his game for that, as of yet. Not a good enough shooter. Not a good enough passer. Et cetera, et cetera. Not to mention the other problem -- Rose exists within and for a city that has experienced exactly that. Nothing Rose does will ever stand up to six titles in eight years. Derrick Rose is not Michael Jordan, either, and in his stardom in Chicago, Rose often finds himself unfairly compared with Jordan.

But there's something Rose can do. Something that Jordan never could.

It's rather simple. He's a player who -- at his peak -- has the potential to give a picture of Chicago's best attributes so complete that if the city suddenly disappeared from the earth, it could be reconstructed out of the person and life of Rose. He's a player of hardship, hard luck, and hard paths. He's a player who worked for what he got and triumphed in the face of massive uncertainty and significant strife. He's a player who represents not simply his personal game, but also the city he came from -- he represents the American dream in a modern world and adds a hometown flair to his on-court dominance. His Chicago-style crossover, his apposite humility, his sea-changing athleticism -- Rose isn't simply a player. He's a concept. He's a man who triumphed over fate. He's a hometown hero.

And Joyce? Hobbyists like myself can doubt his work, and come up with reasons he isn't the greatest. But that's entirely besides the point to a whole score of people. To them, Joyce isn't just a writer -- he's their writer. In his roots, in his thoughts, and in his soul. Rose is similar. The wealthy, the vagabonds, and the transplants of Chicago alike can look up to Derrick Rose and see a man of impeccable principle and unimagined accomplishment. They can see his talent, his struggle, his gift. But most of all, they can see a reflection of their person and their journies. And perhaps, if they squint hard enough? A sliver of their soul as well.

Come back soon, Derrick. The game befits you.

http://gothicginobili.com/?p=4569

#thereturn
pista - 19/10/2012 11:52 PM

Spoiler for adidas Basketball: The Return of D Rose: Episode 5 - DRIVE
[youtube]fG0QtdHw1Og[/youtube]

#thereturn
Page 102 of 102 | ‹ First  < 97 98 99 100 101 102
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > Derrick Rose Fans here !