Basketball
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > Derrick Rose Fans here !
Total Views: 31986 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 97 of 102 | ‹ First  < 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 > 

pista - 17/04/2012 11:52 AM

bner2 worst season wat D-Rose taun ini hammers
baru lumayan sembuh groin injurynya, sekarang mlh cedera kaki kanan nya \(
cpt sembuh ya boy :army
pista - 17/04/2012 09:21 PM

D-Rose sejak make adidas crazy light, terus berganti ke adizero 2.0, & skrg adizero 2.5 knp jadi gampang cedera ya kakinya..dulu dari taun pertama di nba ampe sblm PO taun kemaren total cmn 5x out selama 3 taun, sptnya D-Rose hrs blik make adidas TS Creator or adizero first edition nih, lbh kuat ngelindungin kakinya :army
Xai. - 17/04/2012 10:49 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By pista
D-Rose sejak make adidas crazy light, terus berganti ke adizero 2.0, & skrg adizero 2.5 knp jadi gampang cedera ya kakinya..dulu dari taun pertama di nba ampe sblm PO taun kemaren total cmn 5x out selama 3 taun, sptnya D-Rose hrs blik make adidas TS Creator or adizero first edition nih, lbh kuat ngelindungin kakinya :army

iya adizero 2 kalo gak ngepas banget sama kaki , di bagian tumit nya agak longgar... erghhhhhh

enakan pake adizero 1 ane pribadi sih..
elvanz - 18/04/2012 09:01 AM

wa iya ni sial bgt season ini.
adizero 1 mah mantap tuh ane pake dulu. kalo yg baru2 blm pernah coba deh .
tapi semoga playoffs ga kenapa2 n bisa jadi CHAMPIONS tahun ini! :thumbup
pista - 20/04/2012 05:46 PM

medical staffnya Bulls payah batas
Quote:
Craig Sagar just reported on the sidelines that he was just with Rose in the locker room and Rose said his latest injury was caused by his ankle being wrapped too tight. Therefore, cutting off the circulation in his ankle.

Quote:
Only thing that matters is Rose's foot

April 20, 2012, 1:07 AM CT
By Nick Friedell | ESPNChicago.com

MIAMI -- The most important part of Thursday's 83-72 victory by the Miami Heat happened before the Chicago Bulls even put their uniforms on.

At around 6:23 p.m. Eastern time, the Bulls’ bus, which had been badly delayed by traffic, pulled into the bowels of the American Airlines Arena. One by one each player emerged wearing headphones, trying to get their mind right before the showdown that would help decide which team will lock up the top spot in the Eastern Conference. Derrick Rose emerged without a headset. Camera crews and photographers flanked the reigning MVP almost from the moment he stepped off the bus.

His lack of accessories wasn't the only thing that set him apart, though. It was the fact that he was still walking with a slight limp.

Out of all the things that happened on Thursday night, that is the most important thing as far as the Bulls are concerned. Yes, they lost the game and are now in danger of losing the No. 1 seed in the East, but none of that really matters in the grand scheme of this season. If Rose isn't able to play, or if he plays and doesn't look like the Rose who led the Bulls to 62 regular season wins last season, Tom Thibodeau's team is in trouble.

For all the talk about how much depth the Bulls have and how solid their defense can be, the focal point of any serious title run centers on Rose. At this point, nobody within the locker room is under the illusion that Rose will be 100 percent the rest of the way. The question is can he still function at a high level and lead his team to victories?

While there has been optimism that Rose would be able to return soon, and he has gone on record as saying he hoped he would be back before the regular season, privately some in the organization are concerned because they're not exactly sure when he will return. TNT's Craig Sager reported during Thursday's broadcast that Rose's ankle was taped too tight last week and that caused the fluid buildup in his ankle and foot.

"I haven't heard that," Thibodeau responded, with palpable frustration. "I don't know where this stuff comes from. We got a great medical staff I can tell you that."

That may be true, but since Rose returned to the lineup last week he has struggled. He was 1-for-13 during last Thursday's win over the Heat and was benched at the end of the game in place of C.J. Watson. He came back Sunday to help lead the Bulls to a win over the Pistons, knocking down the most critical shot of the night to send the game into overtime. But he also played 41 minutes on a bum ankle and managed to pick up a new foot injury in the process. He hasn't played since.

Rose and Thibodeau insist that the foot injury is different than the ankle injury. In the end it doesn't really matter. The bottom line is that Rose has been limping consistently since Sunday, and before then he didn't exactly look like himself. He wanted to play badly, but now the Bulls have opened themselves up to criticism for trying to play him before he was ready.

What's worse is that Thursday's loss to the Heat only reinforced how badly the Bulls need Rose in order to get to where they wanted to go. They had no rhythm offensively, and they didn't have their leader out on the floor to stand up for teammates when LeBron James and Dwyane Wade took their shots.

"We didn't play well offensively. Seventy points isn't going to get it done," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "They wanted it more than us tonight, but we'll be back. We wanted it bad, but they wanted it more. That can't happen."

Even if Rose couldn't produce up to the standard he has set for himself over the past year, he still needed to be out there to give his team an emotional boost. Problem was, his ankle wouldn't allow him.

"I think we got to get better," Bulls guard Richard Hamilton said of responding to the physicality of the game. "I think we got to get better. I think that's what the playoffs is going to be about. I know what you're going to do, we know what you're going to do. So it's one of them things where we've got to get better in that. When somebody pushes their foot on the gas and push us back, we got to push even harder so we definitely got to be better at that."

But is that even in the realm of possibilities if Rose can't be on the floor?

The answer is as pronounced as Rose's limp has been over the past week -- No.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/8479/only-thing-that-matters-is-roses-foot
pista - 22/04/2012 01:21 PM

hari ini D-Rose maennya lumayan bagus
11 pts 8 ast & only 1 TO thumbup:
next lawan Pacers, bantai!!!! army:
pista - 26/04/2012 12:46 PM

Quote:
Bulls say Rose is getting his boost back

April, 25, 2012, 10:52 PM CT

INDIANAPOLIS -- Forget the final score.

Forget the fact that the Bulls are now just one win away from locking up the best record in the league for the second year in a row. All of that doesn't matter unless Derrick Rose is healthy. The good news for Bulls fans is that he looked a little bit more like himself during Wednesday night's 92-87 win over the Indiana Pacers.

"A lot more explosive," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said of Rose. "I just think he's gotten more comfortable. He was out a long period of time. When he comes back, he usually gets up to speed pretty quickly. He said this morning that he was feeling a lot better and that's after two days of practice, too. That's a real good sign, we're encouraged by that."

Yes, Rose was just 3-for-11 from the field and still didn't have the burst that he usually does, but his coach was far more concerned with the fact he looked more comfortable on the floor.

"I thought he had some real good attacks on the basket," Thibodeau said. "The ball was just in and out for him. But seven assists, one turnover, taking care of the ball, running the team. I thought that was very good."

His teammates thought they saw glimpses of the old Rose as well.

"He's still feeling it out a little bit, you can tell," Bulls guard Kyle Korver said. "I think he was trying to set guys up, trying to attack, but trying to pick his spots. I thought he looked better than he did the other night for sure."

In Rose's mind, he is improving a little more each time he gets on the floor.

"Just pushing off, every day it's getting better," he said. "I'm not trying to do too much out there, just trying to play with the team. Try not to get re-injured, that's the biggest thing, and making sure I'm playing with a lot of confidence."

While Rose's confidence is improving, he admitted that he isn't driving to the rim the same way yet.

"I'm making sure that they're clean drives," he said. "I'm not getting hit that much. And I'm just trying to put pressure on the defense like I was when I wasn't injured."

For his teammates, the fact that he is trying to work out his issues with them is still the best sign of all. They think he will get back to playing his way soon.

"I don't think there's a certain amount of games or anything," Korver said. "I think there's going to be a couple plays where you just [say] 'Yep, there it is.' And that's going to be it. I don't think you look at it in terms of games or weeks or series or whatever you think it's going to be. I think there's going to be a couple plays, where all of a sudden he really moves on that foot and that ankle and he makes a great play and we're all just going to know and be like, 'All right. Let's go.'"

Bulls center Joakim Noah echoed those sentiments. He feels the extra boost when Rose is on the floor and he enjoys having his close friend back.

"It's a great sign," Noah said. "I think everybody knows it's an important sign for us. It's good to have him aggressive and right now we're playing for us. Just trying to play good basketball for when it really, really starts."

Rose still believes he has the ability to take over games right now, even if his body isn't in the kind of shape he wants it to be at the moment. He believes that with a little more time, he will back to the level he was before all the injuries started to pile up.

"I'm not worried about that," Rose said. "I'm going to be all right. Where certain situations, if the game was in a crazy type of [situation] at the end, I need to take over, that's what I'm going to try and do. If not, I'm going to still play my game, play aggressive."

The treatment program: Before addressing the media in the locker room after the game, Rose had his foot and ankle checked out by athletic trainer Fred Tedeschi. He said he felt fine and the treatment program would continue.

"It feels good," he said. "Getting treatment, icing it, even when I'm at home, doing the same thing, icing it as much as possible. The swelling's down and hopefully I should be ready [Thursday] and for the playoffs."

The last word: "It will be about the same. We'll see where we are. I want our starters to get more time together. So it will be similar to tonight, but we'll see how the game unfolds. I just want us to continue to take it step by step. Just get ready [Thursday], have a great walk-through, know Cleveland and then the rest takes care of itself. Don't worry about all the other stuff," -- Thibodeau, on how much he will play the starters during Thursday night's regular-season finale against the Cavs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/8538/bulls-say-rose-is-getting-his-boost-back

Quote:
Reigning MVP Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls top NBA most popular jersey list and team merchandise sales

NEW YORK, April 26, 2012 – Reigning Kia NBA MVP Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls secured the top spots as the NBA’s Most Popular Jersey and Team Merchandise, respectively, based on sales at the temporary NBA Store on Fifth Avenue and on NBAStore.com from April 2011 to present.

Rose, who climbed from No. 5 last year to No. 1 on the jersey list for the first time in his career, helped the Bulls reclaim the top overall spot in team merchandise sales for the first time since April 2001.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/reigning-mvp-derrick-rose-and-chicago-bulls-top-nba-most-popular-jersey -list-and-team-merchandi
elvanz - 28/04/2012 12:56 PM

mantap nih bsk playoffs.
GO BULLS GO ROSE !
elvanz - 29/04/2012 03:32 AM

game 1
1:50 left 4Q
Rose 23pts 9 ast
elvanz - 29/04/2012 03:47 AM

D.Rose 23 pts 9 reb 9 ast. hampir tripledouble
tapi terakhir2 injury kayanya nih gawat :matabelo
pista - 29/04/2012 04:01 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By elvanz
D.Rose 23 pts 9 reb 9 ast. hampir tripledouble
tapi terakhir2 injury kayanya nih gawat :matabelo

terparah torn ACL kayak Rubio & out for the rest of PO, plg ringan sprained knee 2 weeks out takuts
hope & pray for miracle :angel
#prayforRose
============================
Spoiler for D-Rose knee injury
[youtube]jo1UlzDeY-o[/youtube]
ronnyvariasi - 29/04/2012 08:57 AM

Kemenangan ini harus dibayar mahal...tragedi
mbopz - 29/04/2012 09:36 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By pista

kayanya terlalu naif deh klo nyalahin sepatu sebagai penyebab cedera.. rasanya pake sepatu apa aja tetap bisa cedera..

Gw rasa bnyaknya cedera musim ini di kalangan pemain NBA lebih disebabkan padatnya jadwal pertandingan, gara2 kepotong lock out.. mulai dari Rubio, DH12, Jeremy Lin, Zach Randolph skrg D-Rose.. emang pake adidas semua gk kali..

ini lebih gara2 serakahnya si Stern.. Too much games in a very short time.. liat aja ntar lg pasti ada yg cedera lg..
ryutaroz - 29/04/2012 10:51 AM

dapet kabar dari twitter @chicagobulls kalo derrick rose positive kena ACL gan \(
out sampe akhir season \( \( \(
shadow. - 29/04/2012 11:08 AM

kalo injured terus kayak gini rose bisa abis nih nohope:, padahal prospeknya masih sangat cerah nohope:

semoga sisen depan sehat terus deh D ga ada cidera cideraan lagi #PrayForRose
pista - 29/04/2012 01:19 PM

out for rest of PO berdukas
lets hope & pray for the best for Rose :angel
Quote:
1 horrific play, and Rose's season over
Bulls win Game 1 but lose star to severe knee injury

By K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune reporter
11:57 p.m. CDT, April 28, 2012

After reaching all those dizzying heights and unfurling countless acrobatic moves in his first three spectacular seasons, Derrick Rose's fourth ended with an awful image.

A jump stop. A clutch of his left knee as he rose two feet into the air. A crumple to the ground, where he writhed for several moments while medical personnel attended to him. And following a slow, supported walk off the United Center court, an MRI at Rush University Medical Center that revealed a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

The Bulls won Game 1 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinals Saturday, downing the 76ers 103-91 before a raucous home crowd. But news of Rose's injury-plagued season ending with the biggest and cruelest setback of all made the postgame locker room seem funereal.

"Saddest win ever," Kyle Korver said.

Rose, who missed 27 games with five separate injuries during the regular season, stuffed the box score with 23 points, nine rebounds and nine assists before his injury, which came with the Bulls up 12 with 1 minute, 22 seconds remaining.

After missing so much time with toe, back, right ankle and right foot injuries, Rose overcame missing six of his first seven shots to look like the explosive player who became the youngest most valuable player in NBA history last season.

And then this.

"We have to pick ourselves up," Korver said. "We've played a lot of games this year without him. Maybe that was getting us ready for this."

Nothing can prepare the Bulls for losing their best player on the cusp of what all hoped would be, following the league's best regular season again, a championship run. That's why executive vice president of basketball operations John Paxson, other management figures and players rushed to the hospital to support Rose, who had told a teammate he heard his knee "pop."

That's why players leaguewide commiserated with Rose via Twitter or, in the case of Heat rival and fellow Chicago native Dwyane Wade, prayer.

Recovery time for torn ACLs varies widely. Rose is expected to undergo surgery once the swelling subsides, and some athletes are sidelined up to nine months.

"It's part of the game," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "There are going to be injuries. A guy can get hurt in practice. He can get hurt in the first five minutes of the game. He can get hurt at the end of a game. He can get hurt any time. Then you have to deal with it.

"He has had a lot of injuries this year. It has been unfortunate. But we do have more than enough to win with. Whatever the circumstances are, we'll deal with it."

The Bulls, who also got 19 points from Richard Hamilton and 12 points and 13 rebounds from Joakim Noah, led by 20 with 4:36 remaining on a Korver 3-pointer. Rose, who played 37:13, had returned with 7:53 left and the Bulls up 15.

But a series of turnovers and fouls helped the 76ers trim their deficit to 12. Thibodeau, as is his nature, had four starters and Korver in down the stretch.

"I don't work backwards like you (reporters) do," Thibodeau said when questioned on his strategy. "The score was going the other way. He has to play. He has to work on closing. Our team didn't handle that part great. That's what I was thinking."

Hamilton agreed.

"Philly was making a run," he said. "In playoff basketball, you never want to give a team confidence. If it's having your starters in, you have to keep a team down. You need to have your scorers out there."

C.J. Watson will start in Rose's absence in Game 2 Tuesday at the United Center, and John Lucas III and Mike James' roles will increase as backups.

Teams that have won the first game of a seven-game playoff series have prevailed 78 percent of the time. The Bulls went 18-9 without Rose during the season.

But such numbers mattered little to a locker room that felt like it took a punch in the gut. Lucas, one of Rose's closest friends, was near tears.

"That's our brother," he said. "We're a family here. He's such a competitor and loves the game. We finally had everybody healthy. It's just tough man."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0429-bulls-76ers-chicago--20120429,0,144 4935.story
pista - 30/04/2012 12:09 AM

Quote:
Rose's Olympic dream likely on hold

April 28, 2012, 6:52 PM CT

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose's championship aspirations weren't the only thing that crumbled to the ground Saturday afternoon when his left knee gave out. His dreams of winning an Olympic gold medal did as well.

Although nothing has been officially announced, Rose almost certainly will have to miss the London Olympics now because of the ACL tear he suffered Saturday. Rose has held to the claim that he wanted to win a championship in his hometown of Chicago over winning a gold medal, but Olympic glory was always a very close second.

Two years ago in Las Vegas during Team USA's training camp for the world championships, I asked Rose what it would mean to become one of the faces of the national team.

"That would be an honor," he said. "It would be an honor even to be on the team. But to be a face of the USA team, it would mean a lot. A lot of hard work I've been putting in this game. A lot of sacrifice and dedication. It would let me know that I can put my goals up even higher."

As for many kids, winning a gold medal was something Rose always dreamed about.

"It's a big dream," he said at the time. "Just looking at when they were playing a while back, me and my mom were [watching] them [in Beijing]. We were up around 3 a.m., 4 a.m. or something like that when the games used to come on. They used to come on real late in the morning, and we were up watching the games. And I know that everybody else was watching them, too. Hopefully when I make the team, or whenever I do make the team ... everybody will be watching me. As I was up watching them when I was younger."

Now Rose will have to focus on getting back on the floor and making the team four years from now. He will work hard with his trainer Rob McClanaghan in rehab, but it will be a tough road for the 23-year-old MVP. He wanted to represent his country this summer and has been talking about the chance for several years. Earlier this week, he was exchanging some good-natured trash talk with teammate Joakim Noah, who is expected to play for France this summer. Now Noah and the rest of Rose's teammates will have to cheer him up while they play in London.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/8634/roses-olympic-dream-likely-on-hold

Quote:

Rose headed for long recovery

April 29, 2012, 1:42 AM ET
By Stephania Bell | ESPN.com

An injury-plagued 2011-12 campaign culminated in a season-ending injury for Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose on Saturday. In the final minutes of the first game of the playoff series against the Philadelphia 76ers, Rose went to the floor when his left knee gave way. The suspected culprit, a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), was later confirmed by MRI. Rose is done for the remainder of the season but the consequences will extend beyond that time frame. The likely timetable for Rose's recovery will undoubtedly affect his availability for the summer Olympics and even threatens the start of his next NBA season.

A look back at the video of Rose's last few seconds of play Saturday suggests the injury happened not when he went up in the air, nor when he landed, but rather in the jump stop he made just prior to attempting to dish the ball off to teammate Carlos Boozer. Rose moves into the lane and jumps to his right, landing as if to square up before taking a shot, and his left knee can be seen quickly collapsing inward (valgus). As Rose goes upward, he appears to have no power and is off balance, then opts to try to pass the ball outside and lands askew. His left leg comes down and as he tries to step it does not support him and he goes to the ground, holding his knee. There is no doubt he is in pain, but how much is physical discomfort and how much is exasperation at this latest devastating blow is unclear. Perhaps Rose knew what everyone in the suddenly silent arena feared; this indeed was the end of a cruel and tortuous season where his days missed due to injury nearly equaled games played.

The list of Rose's injuries is long, particularly for a young and otherwise healthy professional athlete. It all began less than two weeks into the season when Rose fell hard enough on his elbow to warrant X-rays. He escaped unscathed (X-rays were negative) but that would be the last time he would be so lucky. Less than a week later a collision with Timberwolves forward Anthony Tolliver resulted in a sprained left big toe. He missed one game but returned to action three days later, despite persistent pain. He lasted two games but then was forced to miss the next four because of the toe. Rose returned to the lineup in late January and seemed to be off to a fresh start. Then the problems really began. Back spasms cropped up in February and forced Rose out for more than a week. A few weeks later there were reports of a groin strain which led to another dozen absences. Rose returned for one game (yes, just one) before a sprained right ankle caused him to miss more time. Days later it was his right foot sidelining him. Rose, who had missed very little game action before this season, expressed frustration with the cumulative injuries, at the time telling reporters, "For someone to not miss more than seven, 10 games in a year (my first three seasons), to miss 20 something, 30 something games, it hurts, man."

It has to hurt even more now. Rose, who missed nearly 40 percent of the regular-season contests, did not get through even one full playoff game before an injury finally did him in. Although the injuries were not reported as related, it is hard to imagine there is zero connection. The body is, after all, a series of kinetic chains and as the familiar saying goes, a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Any residual weakness from one injury, no matter how subtle, can certainly contribute to a lack of overall strength, potentially creating an inherent risk in further injury.

For Rose there is no sense in dwelling on the past; instead he has to focus on what will be an intense rehabilitative process. Although the Bulls have not yet publicly outlined a plan of treatment or a timetable for Rose, the expectation based on the reported diagnosis of an ACL tear is that he will undergo reconstructive surgery. He will then have to regain not only his left leg motion, strength and coordination following surgery, but he will also have to repair the rest of his ailing frame, including his core musculature and virtually his entire right side. If there is any positive takeaway from his unfortunate circumstance it is that Rose will finally have an opportunity to completely recover from the physical toll this season has taken on him.

As for the time it will take, presuming he undergoes a straightforward ACL reconstruction, Rose's recovery can be expected to take somewhere between six and nine months. Surgery is often delayed until the athlete's inflammation subsides and range of motion approaches normal. There are numerous variations in how an individual is able to progress through the rehabilitation process, including whether there are any additional procedures performed (such as meniscus repair), the type of graft used and whether there is any cartilage damage present. Then there is the athlete's capacity for healing to take into account. The demands of basketball -- sudden stops and starts, frequent lateral movements and directional changes, along with the repeated impact of running and jumping -- require a high level of performance prior to releasing an athlete to competitive play.

While the incidence of ACL injury in NBA players is less frequent than in some other professional athletes (such as NFL football players for instance), just this March Minnesota Timberwolves rookie point guard Ricky Rubio tore his left ACL. Rubio underwent surgery later that month to reconstruct his ACL and also his lateral collateral ligament (LCL) and will miss the Olympics, where he had been scheduled to represent Spain. He told reporters earlier this month that he is not sure if he will be ready for training camp. According to the St. Paul Pioneer-Press, when asked about his return date Rubio said, "It depends on how my knee feels. We will see. The most important thing I want to make sure of is I want to be 100 percent." Rose will likely be issuing similar statements in the not-too-distant future.

Even when recovery timetables are provided, they are typically issued as ranges of time to allow for unexpected elements that can influence the healing process. The good news is Rose has youth and fitness on his side and barring something, well, unexpected, there is every reason to be optimistic he will return to the MVP-caliber player we saw in 2011.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7868819/derrick-rose-torn-acl-caps-injury-plagued-nba-seaso n
pista - 30/04/2012 12:10 AM

Quote:
Rose a casualty of NBA's schedule
MVP's season-ending injury a reason for Chicagoans to wallow in self-pity

By Michael Wilbon | ESPNChicago.com
April 29, 2012, 11:20 AM ET

It was the 26th of December, and the Chicago Bulls, who had just played Christmas Day, were about to tip off their second game in two days. Richard Hamilton, the veteran guard who had come to the Bulls to be the final piece of a championship puzzle, told me to listen up.

This season, Hamilton said, was going to be like no other. Teams would need to be more patient than ever before; players would, too. They were about to put their bodies through hell. Not just the three games in three nights, but the four games in five nights, the seven games in 10 nights, the weeks without practice and necessary rest and recovery.

Hamilton didn't predict unprecedented injuries that day; he guaranteed them.

Players were beginning a season without a full training camp. They'd also missed the period before training camp when they would wander in after Labor Day and work out under the watchful eye of the team's training staff for three weeks, maybe a month. The lockout eliminated all that. And the season began anyway, a money grab for both sides, neither of which wanted to lose another dime.

Derrick Rose was doomed the moment the owners and the players' union signed that agreement. I've talked with multiple trainers who work with NBA players. They say very few -- if any -- athletes in the NBA put the pressure on their joints and move their bodies with the torque Rose does. These opinions weren't offered Saturday, in the wake of Rose tearing his ACL; they were offered in great detail weeks ago, when Rose was trying to come back from one injury, then the next, then the next. What's that old song: "The leg bone's connected to the hip bone ... ." Well, it is. Everything is connected, and when Rose hurt his toe, it affected his hip, which affected his knee. And he never had the time, in this compressed season, to condition himself the way he had previously -- the way he would have this season. The kid, before now, had played in 280 of 286 games since he left Simeon High School. If not Ripkenesque, it's still damn good at 98 percent participation. In other words, Rose didn't miss games -- until this winter.

He's not the only one. Dwight Howard, who had played more than 550 NBA games since high school, played in 98.7 percent. He missed seven games. If not Superman, it's Ironman. Yet, Howard, after back surgery, is done for the season, just like Rose. Old guys such as Chauncey Billups (Achilles) are done for the season, as are young pups such as Ricky Rubio (knee) and Iman Shumpert, who like Rose crashed to the court Saturday without contact.

Injury avoidance or maintenance has been the key to the entire season. You think Gregg Popovich didn't know what he was doing when he would simply sit certain players at certain times? Of course Pop knew. Rip Hamilton knew, too. At one point, when Rose wanted to play through an early injury, it was Hamilton who said to him, "You've already won the MVP award; you're playing for a title now. You can't rush back."

Hamilton himself missed 38 games this season with various injuries. He endured all the whispers locally, that he'd never make it back this season to contribute, that acquiring him was a bad move. And Hamilton would say to me every time we talked, or every time another player went down with a serious injury, "You know this is different, don't you? You know this season is a killer, don't you? You have to resist the urge to rush back because your body ain't making it through this if you don't listen."

One after another, players would go down. Players of significance, we're talking. Al Horford, Brook Lopez, Eric Gordon, more recently Ray Allen. Hamilton would say, "See, I told you. There's nothing like this season."

So, yes, even if it's impossible to predict, it had dawned on me that Rose -- given the fury of his drives to the basket, the way he lands on one leg, the force with which he plants so violently, sometimes awkwardly -- was a prime candidate to suffer one of those devastating leg injuries. Having lived through Chicago sports as long as I have, it seemed Chicago-like to first lose Jay Cutler to a freak hand injury just when the Bears were rolling people, then lose Rose when the Bulls were as close to winning a championship as anybody else in the NBA.

It's the injury you fear most, really, an athlete who depends on his legs as much as Rose does, going down with an ACL tear. It's career-altering, usually, even now, although it certainly doesn't have to completely derail a career the way it did with Gale Sayers more than 40 years ago. Players come back from ACL tears all the time now. Tony Allen tore his ACL and MCL and has come back strong. Chris Paul has overcome a serious knee injury suffered in 2010. Rose is a worker. He'll come back. But how soon and how completely, only time will tell. Will he ever explode and finish at the rim like he did these first 3 1/2 years? God, there's no guarantee he will.

Let me declare freely I'm an unabashed fan of Derrick Rose. He comes from the neighborhood just north of where I come from on the South Side of Chicago. He's as tough as we all imagine we are, unrelentingly tough. He didn't need to befriend every good player in the league or link up with anybody who became a free agent. Rose hasn't found that he needs a nickname or carefully crafted image. He's a doer, a leader, charismatic in a way perhaps only Chicagoans understand -- without smiling and clowning and dancing and posing, kind of like a young Dick Butkus. He has represented Chicago in a way even Michael Jordan couldn't. Jordan is an adopted son, Rose a native son.

The fact that he insisted on being introduced to the words "From Chicago" made all the difference in the world. Although the Bulls have a record of 18-9 without Rose and could very well win this playoff series with the Sixers, there's no consoling most of us today or tomorrow. The kid was already a civic treasure of sorts.

Yet, as Magic Johnson said Saturday on ABC, the entire league suffers because of Rose's absence. He was the centerpiece of a team that is as determined as he is dynamic. His absence cannot, regardless of whom you might root for, mean anything good for the NBA. He's a young star in the making, yet still a kid who'd answer by saying, "Yes, sir," and "No, ma'am." Leagues simply can't afford to lose young men like that for long stretches of time, not these days, not from the playoffs and the Summer Olympics.

It's an unbelievable downer that Rose is now done for the season, just when the season starts to truly matter. And I'm dogged by this feeling there was something inevitable about it. But a very smart man I know who makes his living in the basketball industry is miffed by the notion, held by many of us, that the compacted season contributed mightily (not at all, in his opinion) to Rose's injury. While, like the rest of us, he finds the injury to be a downer, my friend says Rose's playing in five games the past 46 days and only 39 games in four months suggests he had plenty of time to recuperate. He contends the schedule didn't have the wear and tear on him it might have had on others, and this was just a freakish thing the schedule had nothing to do with.

Reasonable people, especially those who love to watch Rose, can disagree. The cases made by veteran players, Hamilton especially, and trainers and former players who are now club executives have persuaded me. Probably, it's moot on some level anyway; the devastating part isn't as much why, but that Rose is gone for the season and that he won't play in London this summer and that he probably won't be on the floor when the Bulls start the season in November and that it's probably going to take him a second full season to get back to being an elite-level player.

Anyway, it's some way to open the NBA playoffs, to see Rose go down like that, then to see Shumpert (another Chicagoan and a helluva rookie, probably the Knicks' best perimeter defender) suffer the same injury.

Please don't tell me Tom Thibodeau is somehow at fault. I'm betting of the 16 coaches in the playoffs right now, at least 14 of them would have had Rose on the floor with a lead of 12 points. It's not February. And it's not a 25-point lead. Coaches, all of them, are conservative by nature when it comes to calling a game. They're even more conservative in the playoffs. So this knee-jerk criticism of Thibs is too easy, remarkably lazy and unaware of the history of playoff basketball. (But if we're talking about coaches, I'll admit I couldn't help but think about Doug Collins being on the sideline in United Center, the same Doug Collins whose dreams of winning an NBA championship as a player were sabotaged by knee injuries.)

If you want to read about how this changes the Eastern Conference playoff picture, you'll have to go to another place on the site, someplace where that's a priority today. Today, if you care about Rose or the Bulls or the playoffs, it's time to just wallow in a little self-pity. Rose would never do that himself, but the rest of us will. He'll just have to understand.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/7868860/chicago-bulls-guard-derrick-rose-injury-caused-over loaded-schedule
Frizice - 30/04/2012 12:29 AM

ane nge'fans nya DERRIC ROSE.v D
mantap Derrick rose
purpleshade - 30/04/2012 03:42 AM

Nubie numpang comment ya..
setuju banget sama artikel bro Pista soal season NBA thn ini yg bener2 banyak makan korban..
memang thn ini squad dept diuji banget sih..
dan biasanya typical pemain yang all out model Rose gini pasti jadi korban..
berdukas
ini tentunya terlepas dari sepatunya pakai apa.. hammers

cuman ironis banget kemarin itu...
ane personally agak menyesalkan kenapa Thibodeau masih masang Rose di saat udah leading n time udah tinggal dikit..
capedes
Page 97 of 102 | ‹ First  < 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 > 
Home > LOEKELOE > SPORTS > Basketball > Derrick Rose Fans here !