English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 13 of 14 | ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > 

chikayes - 11/06/2012 10:42 PM

my problem is same with you.
my grammar is worst!

what should i do to improve my grammar?
thank you in advanced \)
prasnugroho - 17/06/2012 06:14 PM

so which is the best? if we learning tense first than grammar or vocab?
elvaelisyadutha - 18/06/2012 02:33 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By Sticker12
i think we have to understand the basic tenses and know more vocabulary.i have a same experience with you,i dont really like grammar,so i just improve my vocabulary.because i believe that five basic tenses help me to learn other tenses naturally.

i agree with you deh kiss
andreherdian - 18/06/2012 09:04 PM

grammar isn't as hard as you imagine. Maybe you must take some extra course to make easier in mastering grammer.
dedenr - 19/06/2012 08:45 AM

vocab of course...
If I think grammar first so I will not reply your post
It's like God who teaches Prophet Adam about names of everything in the first stage of existence

I don't know whether my reply in a good grammar or not. But I'm sure that You know what I mean. Yb
yogafabIP4 - 19/06/2012 09:50 AM

just take a course ngakak
Andictator - 22/06/2012 01:52 PM

Both things are important and inseparable. Yes, many people said you should enrich your vocabulary first, then grammar second but this isn't quite true. Both are EQUALLY important; a sentence with a good grammar but lacking of sophisticated words are no good and vice versa.

I wouldn't recommend you to take a course since it's not really flexible and mostly focused on grammar. Learning English by reading tons of English books is proven to be the most effective way to enrich not only your grammar but also your vocabulary D
anakbetawi - 23/06/2012 03:20 AM

I learn English via books, newspaper, TV and songs. I think vocab is crucial, grammar is useless when you don't have enough words in your "savings".
alpha.forming - 30/06/2012 04:13 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By anakbetawi
I learn English via books, newspaper, TV and songs. I think vocab is crucial, grammar is useless when you don't have enough words in your "savings".

I do agree with you, let's enrich our vocabulary ! vocab manages us to get through a proper conversation D
haryokp - 01/07/2012 04:41 PM

still confuse about my conversation bingung :mewek
virginlady - 01/07/2012 05:10 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang
hi all
I have a question , n sometimes make me confused
I have learned english almost three years,
I Have problem with grammar,
because, when I do conversation with grammar,
that make me blank :O
every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

study everyday, acording to my experience D

adimasstw - 01/07/2012 09:00 PM

same with me, grammar still confusing for me.
now I try to learn and digest about basic english from any source in internet, but the problem is I didn't have partner to ask whenever i get confused with the answer
AnArthur - 06/07/2012 01:47 AM

For me.... Grammer is better.... With grammer..as long as you walk with.... You will get and find a new vocab with in it......
helencaroline - 06/07/2012 11:41 AM

rainsong - 16/07/2012 12:38 PM

Rather than focusing on your grammatical ability and your vocabulary knowledges, it's better to learn english by emphasizing on reading and writing first.

Reading will help a lot in improving your vocabulary knowledges, while by writing a lot you'll be more fluent. Usually when you can write English fluently you'll be able to speak fluently too..Well I'm not that good in English so that's my only advice..I only got 79% (out of 100%) in EF TOEFL iBT prediction test. And my biggest flaw is in writing. I still messed a lot with grammars and structures. Hope we can be a good English speaker soon
rainsong - 16/07/2012 12:50 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By helencaroline
gan if i wanna take a scholarship abroad , should i take ielts, toefl or toeic?
and where do i can get IELTS course? thanks

Mampir ke Lapak ane gan

It depends on where you want to study
If you want to study in Germany they won't ask you TOEFL/IELTS certificate hammer
Usually, college demand >500 of PBT TOEFL score..This also apply for international program in our state universities (UI,UGM,etc)..
But if you want to enroll in natural science concentration such as engineering, they'll ask you for SAT/such tests.

Idk, I can't help you about IELTS :sorry
jk0w - 17/07/2012 01:26 AM

helo.. now i focus on english language.. do not why long time ago when i was elementary until university, i have missed my passion to lern english..but suddenly i change my mine and focused on it.. so..hopely all of here could make me enjoy..thx a lot..

and .. any some of you could speak english in ym or pin bebe? hehe.. for daily used..
rainsong - 17/07/2012 10:51 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By jk0w
helo.. now i focus on english language.. do not why long time ago when i was elementary until university, i have missed my passion to lern english..but suddenly i change my mine and focused on it.. so..hopely all of here could make me enjoy..thx a lot..

and .. any some of you could speak english in ym or pin bebe? hehe.. for daily used..

I'd really like to practicing my English in everyday conversation, but I don't have any friends to do that..It's just awkward to suddenly speak english with your friend, right??

I guess I can practice that in this free forum, Kaskus ilovekaskus
invisiblemode - 26/07/2012 12:23 PM

I think the best way to learn english is orally. Yap, of course you need to learn about grammar and memorize more vocabs, but by practicing english orally, you can implement directly what you've learned. I tried to learn english and i can feel that my english is improved faster than learning from a textbook
xomot - 26/07/2012 03:49 PM

actually everyone can choose their best way to learn english.. all that u need are passion and determination..
And don't forget to make it fun, choose anyway u like, as long as u have the fun, ur english will get better in no time..
remember not to lose those 3 keys. Passion, determination, and fun..

Just my 2 cent..\)b
Page 13 of 14 | ‹ First  < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?