English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 14 of 14 | ‹ First  < 9 10 11 12 13 14

bi77ionaire - 07/08/2012 12:08 AM

ehm.................what you need are the basic.....both grammar and vocab....
ekookebgtD - 17/08/2012 03:47 PM

both is connected..vocab is need to make grammar vice versa CMIIW

english is fun, don't make it difficult by chose vocab or grammar first..
elangyudantoro - 22/08/2012 08:52 PM

Hello badseyjuang,
In my humble opinion, one of the most important thing in English is COURAGE and PASSION to BE BETTER. Then, to learn ENglish for the first time we have to OWN some adequate vocab. Then, try to speak/write without fear.
I don't personally agree to people who say that to communicate (have conversation) in English, the most important thing is "I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about"
Because bad grammar will have impact to the meaning.
For example: I have eaten. --AND-- I am eaten.
they have different meaning.
Or: I like chicken. --AND-- I am like chicken.
They have different meaning as well.

So, u may start with basic number of vocab and just start COMMUNICATING. But, when you found a grammatical mistake, pls try to correct it right away.

Good luck

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang

every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

Bokykool - 25/08/2012 01:35 AM

I think you multiply your lesson,,
i think study in pare is perfect,
pare in kediri jatim.
malteses - 26/08/2012 12:53 AM

In my honest opinion? Grammar.

Because if you know the basic vocabularies (unless you want to debate about something heavy), then you don't need advanced vocabulary.

Okay.. an example, then.

"He looks sad."

"He looks melancholy."

Melancholy means sad, there's really not much of a difference there, why should you learn advanced grammar if you can use basic, everyday words? Unless you want to be all sophisticated and uptight by leveling your words, I strongly suggest grammar.
masterbum82 - 29/08/2012 01:58 AM

The trick is to read a lot, listen to English materials such as music, conversations in movies, and practice. Read read and read, read as much as u can, read about anything, the internet is your best friend. Taking English classes also help, but don't think just because u take an English class it guarantees proficiency. Unless u practice everyday with friends, u won't become proficient if u just speak only 4 hours a week. Good luck!
inyourside - 01/09/2012 05:54 PM

me too, grammar is sucks
i just learn that from book for a while
and you know that? i forget that things
maybe i have to improve that until my brain get shoot by chuck norris
RudynChelsea - 03/09/2012 02:06 PM

i also feel like that ,i want learn english with grammer ,but if i speaking english with bule they know with what was say .. hehe
sorry brade if my english language very ugly ....
D
Rockside89 - 05/09/2012 10:07 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By RudynChelsea
i also feel like that ,i want learn english with grammer ,but if i speaking english with bule they know with what was say .. hehe
sorry brade if my english language very ugly ....
D

usually bule in Indonesia doesnt care how Indonesian people speak english as long they understand what are you mean even ur grammar correct or not..because they knew most of Indonesian poor in English D
kemit - 11/09/2012 12:13 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By alain_november
grammar and vocab are connected.. english is fun, like play a game..

like this gans your comment
takeoff - 13/09/2012 11:05 PM

i think same with you everytime i'll speak english im not use grammar goodly... norose:
Page 14 of 14 | ‹ First  < 9 10 11 12 13 14
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?