English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 3 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›

BBieL - 24/05/2011 01:26 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By tomatmentah
a simple answer for you....vocab, not bokep...
but sometimes p bokep helps you improving your grammar and vocab....lol just make some jokes not hunt a conflict with you....peaceeeeeeeeeeee....Yb

"bokep" just teach you a few of vocab
yes, no, oh, my, god, ngakak
Theist - 24/05/2011 01:44 PM

In learning a language, we must master 4 skills in general, listening, speaking, reading and writing.

And, about your problem mentioned before (speaking / conversation), I'd say that you're not alone. Many English learners are having the same problem.

Here are some pieces of advice :

1. Learn to listen first.
2. Learn to speak.

That's all and good luck.
Waynea - 25/05/2011 02:57 PM

I think the best way to learn grammar is simply just practice!but the practice you should have, according to the book I read, is a kind of practice which is called structured-input tasks. A kind of practice where you practice the grammar chronologically (from the easiest to the hardest) I know this answer of mine is way too general and easy guessed..but that's what my tiny brain got...hopefully it helps you (really hope so)
lelettoa - 26/05/2011 01:40 PM

I read this ebook, it said we must learn vocab first, to become fluent, we need to know at least 15.000 words.

then, learn to listen. That what the child do. They listen to distinguish word from another voice.

then, reading. to combine your listening skill with the proper word.

all these three steps, you can do it by yourself, mostly. you just need a great intention to do that..

the last, is grammar. for this, you need a really good teacher to teach you. you can do it by yourself, but for the best result, find a teacher.

just my 2 cent opinion...
robert123456789 - 28/05/2011 02:27 AM

that cant separated...but i start learning from vocab,,sometimes i gt difficult with grammar...D
megabizland - 01/06/2011 11:41 AM

it depend on WHO YOU ARE!
if you are a teacher, then GRAMMAR first than Vocab.
If you are a guide, then VOCAB first than Grammar.

Well for me if you already mastered the basic grammar; simple present, past and future, go for more vocabulary by reading articles, journals or getting involved in forum, just like this, to improve your vocabulary as well your way of speaking.
nis_milkysu - 01/06/2011 10:16 PM

Both
You can study grammar and memorize vocabs at the same time
But if it's required for me to choose one, I will pick vocab, because when you meet a tourist in anyplace, you can answer his question with a single word such as "Thank you", and he'll understand what you mean

Forgive me for my bad english
Lioner - 02/06/2011 07:21 AM

nah,,I think vocabulary is more important...
well, I accidentally train my english by watching films and playing games..this is for vocabulary...
as far as I remember, I never train my grammar. eventhough teacher in school teach me grammar, I never understand. but when there is some question or when I speak, I know which one is right to answer or speak..
I think its the same with Indonesian.. in school, all of us must have ever heard of majas right?? well, when you speak, have you ever discuss what majas you're using right at that time?? well, you and I know the answer...ngakak
so,,grammar is not that important for you to focus... because they are learnt by habit...my advice, frequently watch film without subtitle..that's one way of adapting your grammar...
hope it will help you in some way.. \)
Sashers - 02/06/2011 02:53 PM

hmm i get what you mean..
they're both important, but i think you should put vocabulary as a priority

cause grammar IS hard, i sometime still take a long time to understand one.
so, i guess for you to not be 'blank', is to watch movies, and understand or digest what they're saying, or how the structure of the sentence is..

watch movies, digest what they're saying.
listen to songs, and digest too.

movies and songs have done a lot for me to improve my english. ever since i was a kid

vocabulary is a must. there are countless words in english dictionary.
you gotta memorize lots and lots of vocabulary.

:2thumbup :2thumbup goodluck
BloodSweatTears - 02/06/2011 03:25 PM

Vocabulary >- Spaggetti
Grammar >- Recipe

You can make spaggetti without recipe. Throwing this and that to the pan. But it wont taste so good. You should measure every ingredients to make sure you have the right taste. You can speak maybe without proper grammar but it would be better if you learn grammar as well in the process. Then, your spaggetti will taste awesome and just right! Not too salty, not too sweet. kiss
vitawulandari - 06/06/2011 08:53 PM

Im trying to answer your question, grammar and vocab is the most important studying English, so we can learn both of them in same way \)

Well, we can learn English with watch English film, news and television program. This is not only a fun way to learn but it also very effective. By watching English film, we can expand my vocabulary and here the flow of speech from the actors. If we watching the news, we can also hear the different accents.

If you love music, we can learn English is by music. I think music can be a very effective method of learn. It is often use as a way to improving comprehension. The best way to learn is to get the lyrics to the song im listening and try to read them as the artist sing. This way we can practise my listening and reading at the same time ilovekaskus
chrizpatih - 07/06/2011 12:28 PM

Language learning is very, very subjective.
People such as myself learned it without putting so much effort by "acclimatising" my ears to foreign voice. (Thank you IndoVision!)
Or playing video games, preferably M-rated...
Or maybe double clicking that Internet explorer shortcut and start to browse about the newest gossips on the 'net.
There are many ways to learn English, but the most effective one in my opinion is to use it and make it as your first language.
Practice makes perfect, is that cool? D
mawanmawan - 07/06/2011 02:25 PM

If you mostly use English in conversation then you should enrich your vocab,
but if you write a lot, i.e journal, essay, etc then it's better to improve your grammar first
aSAPlover - 07/06/2011 04:31 PM

Grammar = the skeleton, and
Vocabulary = the muscle,
English language knowledge = the whole body.

We can not lack any of them.

English grammar and the vocabulary together deliver the meaning of the English communication

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
{pls help : "Someone please yell at me in case you find any mistakes on my comment in terms of grammar, diction, spelling, etc..."}
1st.corp - 08/06/2011 01:35 AM

i dont know which one we should master 1st.. but i think both of its must be learn together.. (sorry bad english) haha
vitawulandari - 08/06/2011 01:10 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By mawanmawan
If you mostly use English in conversation then you should enrich your vocab,
but if you write a lot, i.e journal, essay, etc then it's better to improve your grammar first

Yes im agree with you.. So if we want to active dan passive English, we should learn both of them.. (kacau ya bahasa saya p)
eLifeStorm - 08/06/2011 10:43 PM

in spoken language, sometimes grammar is not important as long as the speaker and the listener understand what one another means.

but in written language, for example in correpondence, grammar is very important for it shows that something is in formal situation.
rizkiprayoga - 11/06/2011 01:44 AM

as long as the-one-you-speak-to know the things you say, i think it doesnt matter whether you use grammar correctly or not. but there are special circumstances that requires you to speak formally D
adhityawepee - 11/06/2011 03:31 AM

grammar is suck, if u ask to the native speakers, im sure they'll be confuse,cos they've learned from listening, everyday is listening,till they can speak english fluently,effortlessly..it started when they was a baby,a child, just like us who can speak indonesian fluently,.our parents doesnt teach us a SPOK isnt it? They just talk talk talk,and then we as a child learned from it,.
Grammar is suck,(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
adhityawepee - 11/06/2011 03:36 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By rizkiprayoga
as long as the-one-you-speak-to know the things you say, i think it doesnt matter whether you use grammar correctly or not. but there are special circumstances that requires you to speak formally D

agree with you dude, grammar only work when we'll speak formally,but in reality,just like rizky said, as the one you speak to undrstand what u've said,its doesnt matter(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Page 3 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?