English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

wahyudiaan - 24/06/2011 12:09 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang
hi all
I have a question , n sometimes make me confused
I have learned english almost three years,
I Have problem with grammar,
because, when I do conversation with grammar,
that make me blank :O
every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

yup,,the point in conversation is you can understand each other,,but if you speak with better grammar to people,,people will easier getting the information that you are talking about,,
so if the grammar were scrambled around,,someone will hardly understand to what you are saying,,

so in conversation we have to understand each other EASIER,, Yb
Laghaz - 24/06/2011 11:26 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By fransnoel
if i were u, i'll choose both of them. they can't be separated D

agree with this answer. nice answer gan beer:

for TS :
i think that problem appear because we feel nervous when speaking english
you should use english languange to interact with all peoples around you
so it make you more comfort when speaking english
zakkizakki - 25/06/2011 08:31 PM

vocab first
do you know? my native speaker teacher told to me, people in england, america, singapore (this one, I had prove it by myself D ), australia , they don't use grammar, they just speak like they want to D
merasa.ingin - 28/06/2011 01:12 PM

In my opinion grammar is more important than Vocabulary. Because it's english. On english, we have to follow the rule first, that rule name is "grammar" I'm sorry if i wrong D
mike_gtow - 04/07/2011 12:06 AM

Both of them are important to be learned. Basically there are certain major points which can not be separated like reading, writing, pronounciation, listening, speaking, etc.
1. grammar : By learning grammar, we can make correct expression both in written form or oral because sometimes we cant understand what another person says to us, like in my experience when someone said : I get her clothes changed by her (passive-inversion) and : up went the plane (inversion the adverb of place which shows direction).
2. vocabulary : vocabulary also becomes one of the important part of English, without knowing vocabulary, we can not say anything, and can not differentiate the meaning of an expression : e.g infamous and unfamous , insatisfied and unsatisfied, and so on.
iloveindonesias iloveindonesias ilovekaskuss
GilangPR - 04/07/2011 12:23 AM

When i was High School, my English teacher always said that the first important to do is vocabulary...

because vocabulary is the basic level to open the gate to the other levels in english,,

without grammar,, you still can move (although bad)

but without vocabulary, you 'll absolutely stuck... D
qwerty989 - 04/07/2011 03:04 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By fransnoel
if i were u, i'll choose both of them. they can't be separated D

this answers is same as my answer. They can't be separated cause they are the main point in english language.

Spoiler for MY thread (indonesian)

originally posted by me-- who? >- qwerty989(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
frank168 - 05/07/2011 02:17 AM

both are important and related to each other. Mastering English Grammar can not be separated from vocabulary building.
Kafamiee - 05/07/2011 10:21 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By djachsan
Of Course Grammar !!! \)(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?

Grammar about what?? you know something else?? tell me now (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
andisagab - 05/07/2011 09:11 PM

vocab dude,, without vocab you couldn say anything,, but grammer is important too iloveindonesias
Gami3 - 05/07/2011 11:52 PM

depends on your need
but normally you need grammar for writing stuff
not that much in speaking
so, just do some more exercise in writing
or, you can try to chat in English with your pals on FB or other medias
senurita - 07/07/2011 08:03 PM

well, i think when we will talk to others with english, the important thing are we know what the mean of conversation..

i'm sorry, my english so bad... still learning... iloveindonesias
hanstf - 07/07/2011 10:38 PM

for me, we should learn vocab first..
grammar is like when u drive a car, u change the transmission of ur car, how come u know when is the right time to change from first transmission into second ? or second to third ? by feel it rite ? when u feel it's the time to change, u automatically change it right ? same also like grammar, u shuld feel it, when is the rite time to change from present tense to past or future to past future..
but vocab is sumthing tht u shuld practise n absorb everytime..
S.Fikri - 07/07/2011 11:18 PM

i think you should learn both of them, because both grammer and vocab are the important part of english and can't be separated D
welldie - 07/07/2011 11:56 PM

in my opinion.
BOTH OF THEM are very IMPORTANT for us.
Laikensor - 08/07/2011 12:25 AM

in my opinion, both of them are important.
normally, people will choose to learn about vocabulary first before they learn about grammar (for TOEFL and IELTS test).
Why? Because some questions in the TOEFL test need you to know what the meaning of the sentences (for example, to choose which one should be the right one, 'active verbs' or 'passive verbs', that depends on the meaning of the sentences).
Moreover, in the TOEFL test, you will have to pass one section in which you need very good vocabulary - Section 3 TOEFL test, Reading section-
So, if you ask "What should be the first to learn about, Grammar or Vocab?"
I just have to say "Build your vocab first, dude!" D
miarenauly - 08/07/2011 07:34 PM

i think the best way to learning english is practice it. practice makes perfect
king_aria - 11/07/2011 12:17 AM

it depends on what is your objectives. If you want to learn how to write correctly, grammar will be very important because your false grammar will be easy to noticed. However, if you want to use it for conversation, the grammar will be less important, but pronunciation and word choice will be very important.

However, Ideally it will be better if you can develop both grammar and vocabulary together
Olena - 11/07/2011 02:04 AM

I think both are important...
danielpurnama - 12/07/2011 09:43 PM

both is important
but i prefer vocab first
Page 5 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?