English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 6 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›

yotta.bit - 13/07/2011 12:04 AM

if i were you i'll choose grammar first.
because my vocab is pretty good
and my grammar is not really bad but it doesn't meet my expectation

ini coment ku, mana coment mu?

(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
ANTI-BOT SIGNATURE
~yotta.bit~
dasarHebat - 13/07/2011 05:00 PM

it depends on what your purpose, but for me the both are particular
ombreng - 20/07/2011 08:44 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By wahyudiaan
yup,,the point in conversation is you can understand each other,,but if you speak with better grammar to people,,people will easier getting the information that you are talking about,,
so if the grammar were scrambled around,,someone will hardly understand to what you are saying,,

so in conversation we have to understand each other EASIER,, Yb

i'm agree with agan...The important things in conversation is how to make people understand what we are saying....but grammar is definitely important to improve a structure in sentence....
Kuroshitsujii - 20/07/2011 08:50 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By alain_november
grammar and vocab are connected.. english is fun, like play a game..(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?

agree with him D
i learnt english from game malu:
nikipense - 21/07/2011 12:45 PM

grammar is very critical factor in english language tho. without grammar, person that we talk with would be hard to understand the message we wanna convey
JessicaJungs - 23/07/2011 05:25 PM

Since i dont like grammar , i suggest to learn vocab first D
Cooolermaster - 23/07/2011 09:55 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By w4n6y3n
they are important,but first, you don't need to study both of them together

I say,that the newbie must learn vocab's first, why?

hmm, when you were a child, what did your parents teach?

a WORD(book,table,pen,eraser,etc), not a SENTENCE, right?

so, you must understand the basic of English first

then if you can understand the words, you can build good sentences

well, that's basic problem

Quote:
Original Posted By GreatSultan
Vocab first, of course

What's the point of learning grammar if you don't understand what are you talking about ? D

I agree with these people D

I think you should enrich your vocab and then you can learn the grammar, like living in the edge, eh?
denadine - 23/07/2011 10:16 PM

vocab is number one after that grammar..

vocab is basic the english I think!!
tida - 23/07/2011 11:43 PM

I think vocabulary comes first. It's like, you know how to use the grammar, but you do not know the word to use, then you can't do anything, right? But if you know some basic words first, without proper grammar you can still deliver your message to other people.
"I hungry" >= you understand this, right? (though it's wrong grammatically)
Happy learning!
sipenjualbarang - 24/07/2011 12:00 AM

try to speak it every time.. in the conversation..
repeat.. repeat.. repeat... so youll be remember fastly..(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
BKTRockCity - 24/07/2011 12:43 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By fransnoel
if i were u, i'll choose both of them. they can't be separated D

i really agree with you gan \)
that two is most important to learn a languange
junker.elite - 26/07/2011 12:23 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By tomatmentah
a simple answer for you....vocab, not bokep...
but sometimes p bokep helps you improving your grammar and vocab....lol just make some jokes not hunt a conflict with you....peaceeeeeeeeeeee....Yb

hey why do they guys talk about bokep hahahaha D(ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
kaskuser11 - 26/07/2011 08:50 PM

I'd recommend vocab first. It's a fundamental thing to understand the meaning behind words. You can start reading story or whatever in English the moment you have "sufficient" vocabulary in mind.
As for grammar, it actually can be learned by get used to reading in English. And before you realize it, you'll become fluent by yourself \)
ekarudianto - 26/07/2011 09:36 PM

I think I would like to prefer grammar first than vocab. why? because with grammar we can know about the rules of using sentence than we can continue by learning vocab.. but that's my personal opinion though... well you can choose whatever you like .. D
budianonym - 27/07/2011 02:50 PM

vocab first,,then grammar
lalashanti - 08/08/2011 01:31 AM

It's important both of it..
try to improve your grammar,

thats the point of english..
YoiSeikatsu - 08/08/2011 12:45 PM

I had a native speaker in my seior high school.
He said that lot of Americans itselves , they don't have good knowledge about the grammar .
They can speak well , but in term of quality . These kind of person will be on the lowest in the society .
Like in Indonesia , maybe lot of people can speak Indonesian well , but they're not using the right "EYD" ...
We as the Indonesia , we'll think these kind of person are person from the village or from suburban area or maybe from remote area since their language so poor ....

That's what i got when i was being taught by my teacher in my school ...

So in conclusion , i think it's okay if you cann't do grammar well but people still know what are you talking about .
The foreigner who used the English ( American , British , etc) will not judge you as the villagers or from remote area since English is not our mother language . I Think that's all.

Put page one if you are agree with my opinion . Thanks...
plopplopplop - 09/08/2011 08:26 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang
hi all
I have a question , n sometimes make me confused
I have learned english almost three years,
I Have problem with grammar,
because, when I do conversation with grammar,
that make me blank :O
every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

as for me, grammar is the most important (I'm still learning about it though) because it's like a backbone of every sentence you made, even if you have a lot of words in mind, without proper grammar you can't arrange those words to make other people understand, so yeah grammar is important
Lux.Ivan - 09/08/2011 06:56 PM

Well, in my opinion, we should learn grammar first. However, as we learn it, we should not neglect the vocabularies because both of them are the essential elements in English Language. Hence, they are intertwined with each other.

Writing an English essay is about conveying our ideas to the readers. Thus, we want to make them understand clearly what is our stand in that piece of writing. Additionally, we want to make our writing as striking as possible to the readers, such that, better still, we make an indelible impression to them. In order for these objectives to be achieved, we need clear expressions in our writing and, in this case, grammar is involved.

Similarly, the idea of conversing in English is to communicate with others effectively. "But, some English-speaking people do not bother about grammar when they converse, yet they can still communicate well". Yes, it is true to the extent of informal speech. However, we, inevitably, will face a situation where we are required to communicate with proper English Language (during formal speech). How embarrassing it is if we cannot communicate using proper English in that kind of situation!

Indeed, using a thematic vocabularies, whether in writing or in speaking, is as crucial as using proper English Language because certain vocabularies enable us to convey our ideas better and give a deep impression. Succinctly, let me illustrate my view with examples,

Sentence 1 (Grammar): Many Pakistanis were afraid in the face of hunger, and, in the wake of it, good men start to become the opposite. People are in the grip of fear and they become uncontrolled.

Sentence 2 (Vocabulary): Much men quail because famine and starvation. Many magnanimous person been ruthless, the downtrodden person becoming frenzy they go.

Sentence 3 (Grammar + Vocab): Great civilizations quailed in the face of famine and starvation, and in the ensuing chaos good men turned on each other, hearts silenced by fear and minds driven into a frenzy by the sheer weight of the people in Pakistan.

Which is the most striking one?
grizzliez - 09/08/2011 11:31 PM

these are what i thinking about everyday . my lecturer said every person who could speak English with great accent and quiet clear are they whos have approximately 1000 vocabulary in their head .often i always wrong in grammar,but i should learn harder.
sorry if there are so many mistakes in my words\)b
Page 6 of 14 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?