English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 7 of 14 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last ›

power13 - 10/08/2011 12:31 AM

in my opinion, it really depends on what applications of the English language that you are approaching. If you are learning written English in order to pass the TOEFL/IELTS test, then grammar is the first thing to learn, as it is very important in order for you to do those tests, then you can learn vocabularies along the way. However, if you are approaching conversational English in basic and daily situation, it would be best to enrich your vocabularies first, so that you'll be able to understand more if other people are talking to you and they tend to use unfamiliar words. Since comprehension is the key in conversation. It's just my opinion though \)
FiieeT - 11/08/2011 08:46 PM

Vocab important for speaking english , if your vocabularry very little u dont have material to speak...

Grammer i think needed for writing skill, I learn it from toefl book, buy it and learn the theory... available in many bookshop
pinterpijitplus - 12/08/2011 10:54 AM

you can't work on grammar without knowing vocabs LOL
lycantrophs - 12/08/2011 11:18 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By pinterpijitplus
you can't work on grammar without knowing vocabs LOL

agree.. the best choice is to learn both!

Don't listen to people that say grammar is not important. If you just want to chat, it's fine not to think about grammar. But if you want to be an expert in English, grammar is important.
Theist - 12/08/2011 11:40 AM

@TS

You're not alone facing the problem. You've learned English for about 3 years, and I see you're not confident enough in conversation; you want to speak English fluently, so does everyone.

Well, seeing that you've learned English for about 3 years, I think that you must have learned English Grammar and mastered it; and certainly you've learned a lot of English words to enrich your vocabulary. You just need more practice. Try to speak English with your friends. It is the best way, I think.

Good luck.
Gladstone88 - 12/08/2011 11:50 AM
rioneni release
same with me, sometimes I feel so confused about that, but the best way.. you practice it everyday..
danasan - 12/08/2011 06:52 PM

I think it's better to speak first
try to learn conversation
talk with your friend using english
FukuneNarukara - 12/08/2011 10:45 PM

First thing in language is knowing what you want to say then how to say it properly. Hence, vocab first would do best
ngulix96 - 13/08/2011 02:45 PM

vocab first ofcourse,, because ut can help us to use Grammar,,
as my teacher said : for the excercise,, just speak what you want and what you can,, don't care about grammar! coz after that You can be employed under the grammar itself,, just keep learning D
Md.Rina. - 13/08/2011 06:30 PM

someday my English techer said, "speak english and ignored the grammer" D
dmaztfx - 14/08/2011 04:10 PM

i don't like grammar since many song don't use grammar like the beatles ngakaks
goodluckchuck - 16/08/2011 05:24 PM

i think the first thing you have to know is vocab and the next is grammar.
and based on my experience, if you know a lot of vocabs then the grammar will follow. \)
heangho - 16/08/2011 06:35 PM

Oh my God! Poor me. I am not good in both of grammar and vocabulary. But, in my opinion, I want to improve my vocabulary first then grammar. Because when we have a lot of vocab, we can speak English rarely. an englishman sometimes do not use a good grammar in their daily activity, same with us that do not use formal conversation in every daily activity.
pengendaracb100 - 16/08/2011 10:33 PM

in my opinion,the best way to learn english is to practise it everyday.at first, it is indeed difficult.but,we must try it.by doing so,we will be able to express new ideas, and to find "NEW VOCABS",WHICH WILL BE VERY USEFUL FOR US.the more we practise our english,the more we understand "the pattern",the rules or the grammar.in fact,there will be a lot of mistakes we make,but the mistakes will also TEACH US to understand the correct grammar....Yb iloveindonesias CMIIW
thesuperkath - 17/08/2011 06:50 AM
learn english in a fun way
i have studied english for almost 6 years and now i feel like sharing what i have experienced all along. i have been learning english using songs and movies, also reading english novels. seriously by studying a song lyric, a movie script and words used in fiction stories help a lot to enrich your vocabs, also grammars. hope this helps.
pengendaracb100 - 17/08/2011 02:53 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By thesuperkath
i have studied english for almost 6 years and now i feel like sharing what i have experienced all along. i have been learning english using songs and movies, also reading english novels. seriously by studying a song lyric, a movie script and words used in fiction stories help a lot to enrich your vocabs, also grammars. hope this helps.

that's right gan....nice shareYb
S-1 - 17/08/2011 03:21 PM

well in my humble opinion,you should learn grammar first..

when you were learning the grammar you'll got some new vocab too in the process of it..its just like "sambil berenang minum air" from indonesian quotes\)

but when you learned only vocab without using the right grammar..it such a shame..
why??
because when u used those vacab with a tragic grammar,,you'll look so stupid in front of people..
you know,,many people in facebook sometimes write a "status update" in english
but many of them were actually using a very bad grammar,,it just like you piss on your own pants when u're doing that..\)

im if i used a wrong grammar it txt above \)
virzi.ar - 19/08/2011 12:25 PM

I'm JHS student. But I learned english since I was on the playgroup. When I learned english in playgroup, I learned vocabulary first. And then since I got into JHS, I started to learn grammar \) so they both are important but vocabulary must be the first thing we learn from english (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
double.ss - 19/08/2011 01:37 PM

memorize 16 tenses and try to got more practicing Yb
Hirayuuki.ID - 19/08/2011 08:50 PM

i think grammar first then the vocab :thumbup
Page 7 of 14 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?