English Education and Literature
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
Total Views: 10257 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 9 of 14 | ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > 

ArinIllejayFans - 22/11/2011 11:49 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang
hi all
I have a question , n sometimes make me confused
I have learned english almost three years,
I Have problem with grammar,
because, when I do conversation with grammar,
that make me blank :O
every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

Hey buddy, I know what you felt.

And when I read your thread, you learned grammar almost for THREE YEARS, but you couldn't apply in your daily activity, especially in the conversation.

I have one SOLUTION for you, so that this is IMPORTANT and you must DO IT!
Ready? Ok?

First, You find your friend(s) who can speak English (no need excellent in English) and then speak with them include grammar on your conversation.
But the problem is your friend sometime not help you or not serious if you speak English each others.

Second, You can join COMMUNITY which are foreign peoples. Examples in SEMARANG there is organization/community that to the point voluntary. I have been joined 5 months ago and I got communication improvement especially in ENGLISH.

You must try my second tips D

Cheers!
disaver - 23/11/2011 02:20 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By badseyjuang
hi all
I have a question , n sometimes make me confused
I have learned english almost three years,
I Have problem with grammar,
because, when I do conversation with grammar,
that make me blank :O
every word's in my mind will be lost when I wanna speak
when I speak with ignored grammar, I can speak fastly.

an as far as I know,
the point of conversation is, I can understand and she/he can understand what we are talking about

what the best method for learning grammar friend's ??
I have bad grammar D
because grammar is important too for toefl test and etc.

please help me iloveindonesia iloveindonesia iloveindonesia

grammar and vocab like a coffie and sugar they never be better if not together :P
oyo - 24/11/2011 07:40 AM

i think you must improve two of them,
nagabonar86 - 25/11/2011 09:37 PM

i think vocabulary first, base on my experiences
dans.j - 30/11/2011 11:59 PM

Do you read starting thread from sticky? there's a thread about fluently speak english? according me you enough listening like music, movies, and learns vocabulary from music lyric, about grammar you learns tenses. I'm too still learning and listening and reading regarding grammar and vocabulary. :thumbup
blazer17147 - 05/12/2011 02:02 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By w4n6y3n
they are important,but first, you don't need to study both of them together

I say,that the newbie must learn vocab's first, why?

hmm, when you were a child, what did your parents teach?

a WORD(book,table,pen,eraser,etc), not a SENTENCE, right?

so, you must understand the basic of English first

then if you can understand the words, you can build good sentences

well, that's basic problem

I'm not agree with your statement pals, when you were a kid, yes your parent taught you about a word, then suddenly you could speak fluently by imitated how other person spoke. Your parent didn't teach you about the essential of using grammar, but grammar is still important if you want to explore more about formal life, like being "pejabat" lol hehee
ShaolinMonk - 07/12/2011 03:40 PM

vocab first!, grammar is not really important, without grammar native speaker still can understand what you are trying to say, but without enough vocabulary you can't do anything, sooner or later you will understand how to use grammar naturally D
lonelyfritzjr - 07/12/2011 04:47 PM

Well, let me start with an analogy, we can't build a car without knowing which part suits which part. We should know the place for the parts. So, based on my analogy, let's make vocabulary as the parts and the place is the grammar. As the conclusion, it's better to learn the vocabularies first and the grammar as the second priority. D

*sorry if my grammar sucks! haha, I'm just a 13 years old boy who is studying at an International school (for improving my freaking stupid grammar) for around 10 years hammer*
zheanymph - 07/12/2011 09:58 PM

i regard both of them are crucial things.how come?certainly, ur english will acquire nice sense when u apply ur vocabs into good grammar,even i believe sometimes grammar are not really needed in ur english,i mean in english spoken but in english written u should know the grammar friend.
ElectronGun - 08/12/2011 01:18 PM

Study vocab first.
But don't forger to learn grammar.
Then, the most important: Try to listening & speaking if you want your English be useful. :addfriends

I've learn English (vocab & grammar) for 8 years since 4th grade elementary school. You know, there're only a few benefit, cause I can't use it for conversation. nohope:
victorrr - 08/12/2011 08:47 PM

vocab and grammer very important to learn english but first you can study grammer because grammer is basic of english
johansetiawan17 - 09/12/2011 12:48 PM
English is just language
You can try it with go to England.

\)bcendolbYb\)bbata:shutups:addfriends:armyscapedesiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesiasiloveindonesias I think in 6 month you can speak English better...:addfriends
burungkenari123 - 09/12/2011 06:42 PM

I prefer vocabulary, as it's much more useful than grammar in real life (for example, I bet people near you who is good at English can understand any of your sentence even though your grammar is bad, but they won't understand you if you have a bad word-connecting skill) D
Gallch - 09/12/2011 09:10 PM

vocab! because the more you know vocabulary you will be easy to learn grammar \)
ridemebaby - 10/12/2011 04:16 AM

dude, tbh, your vocab or grammar or any shit like dat doesnt really matter when you talk to somebody, as long as your partner gets it, i got many on on that one
fahmiramadhan10 - 11/12/2011 05:18 AM

It depends on you. For me I started learning english by mastering grammar. If you've masterd the grammar, it will be easy to learn how to talk with someone because in conversation you just need a practice, no other way. So start learning grammar first bro (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?
kempet16 - 11/12/2011 09:19 PM

the best way is if you dare to speak english and you don't really need to think about grammar or vocab because if you have conversation with foreign people they just wanna know about what we're talking neither grammar nor vocab
mymaroon5 - 14/12/2011 10:32 PM

i just wanna share a new idiom vocabulary :
Nosy >> Kepo
Lame >> Alay
Over the top >> Lebay

D D D
bogor1993 - 15/12/2011 01:14 PM

i want to can speak english very well malu
ivonnecreamy - 19/12/2011 11:51 AM

In my opinion, learning foreign language like English mostly requires meaning and then forms (grammar). i didnt say that grammar is not important, but the most important thing is you can deliver and tell what you mean...grammar can be learned later, because without clear meaning the person whom you speak to will not understand what you mean although you have excellent grammar \)
Page 9 of 14 | ‹ First  < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > 
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > English Education and Literature > (ask) the best way learning english, grammar first or vocab?