ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
Total Views: 6885 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 4 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›

fomal - 15/05/2011 05:37 PM

I will.

English is essential nowadays ;)
dingox - 16/05/2011 10:51 AM

It's a must gan iloveindonesia
I've already make a "to do" list for my future child. One of it is to teach them to speak English in early years. I admit, it must be very difficult, but i think it's worth to try
akusukamasak - 16/05/2011 03:56 PM

Someday when i have kids of my own, ill teach them Indonesian (for sure!), English, Arabic, Chinese, German, and Javanese.
Setiawan1990 - 16/05/2011 04:06 PM

I don't think so.
the first language I'll teach to my successors must be Javanese.
I don't want their grandparents scold me for knowing their grandchildren can't speak Javanese fluently like their daddy
akusukamasak - 16/05/2011 05:14 PM

^ yup, embrace our roots first before studying other culture. iloveindonesia
hushlover - 16/05/2011 10:12 PM

i was in international school until i finish my studies including universities..my cousins are also in international school..but we didn't lose our culture at all..we're chinese and we still hold our culture proudly, we still call our elders by their status, and we definitely still have our manner..

my cousin just can't really speak or understand indonesian language..but the fact is that u can learn bahasa as u grow up..u can survive without it even here in indonesia..no where else in the world use bahasa as a language..but english are used almost everywhere in the world, and u sure can't survive without it today..
sone.rz - 16/05/2011 10:23 PM

So am I dude. I would teach my kid to learn english as early as he/she can. But, i think something that make it'll be different is the style. Because of we're prefer with eastern style than western.
Sorry I can't speak english well ngakaksWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?
ardyant1206 - 17/05/2011 02:25 AM

studying english for them at early age is better i think..
because studying language could improve their brain ability..
sorry if my english is so ridiculous.. :thumbup
pm70 - 17/05/2011 03:21 AM

I think the subject is whether it would be appropriate for the children to adopt the Western culture, if I am not mistaken, rather than merely the language. To my acknowledgement, it would be easy for the children to use their English properly as an advance tool to participate in every education level. However, their surroundings - most noticeably their families - would greatly influence their perception over the East-West culture issues. The children nowadays, absorb such rapid changes in their surroundings, which would clearly result within significant advantages in shaping up their mindset. They would adjust, mix, combine, thus, create their own terms in adopting this "Westernization" without ever disregarding their own "roots".

I would say, "Yes, it would be such a good idea to teach the children the whole package; by all means, let them have it all, for their own good."

Cheers,
ilovekaskus
hannepin - 17/05/2011 12:32 PM

No doubt I will, so english will be natural to him/her and hopefully will make things easier for them to learn and understand. Now if only I also can speak mandarin, ngakak..
beremamana - 17/05/2011 01:00 PM

i think it's better tell them another language like Korean, Japaneses etc
because there are too many people can speak English
so they can talk each other then
akusukamasak - 18/05/2011 01:58 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By hushlover
i was in international school until i finish my studies including universities..my cousins are also in international school..but we didn't lose our culture at all..we're chinese and we still hold our culture proudly, we still call our elders by their status, and we definitely still have our manner..

my cousin just can't really speak or understand indonesian language..but the fact is that u can learn bahasa as u grow up..u can survive without it even here in indonesia..no where else in the world use bahasa as a language..but english are used almost everywhere in the world, and u sure can't survive without it today..

It doesnt matter to not knowing local language if you feel it's not necessary yet. As long as the person's not racist toward locals, cos racist people are shallow and retarded.
Dimasdanz - 25/05/2011 10:19 AM

If I have one I will. I'll teach his/her even though my English even isn't close to good. malu:
what could a person do without English nowadays?
Feegard - 25/05/2011 02:56 PM

Yes I will...
I will teach my kids 7 language when they're still young.
ilzknoxvile - 28/05/2011 02:24 PM

its okay when kids study English... 'bout the culture? where are we living?
herem89 - 28/05/2011 04:57 PM

I got 2 kids, 6 & 4 years old. I put them to kindergarden that using english as the main language (and they also learning mandarin).and my plan is my kids will continue their education on school that using english as a primer langunge. At home we usually use bahasa indonesia, so they also can know bahasa. I'm sure that when they grow up, they will able mastering both languages.
Damayku - 28/05/2011 08:35 PM

Though I don't have any kids yet, I think I'll teach them bilingual. Say, they can speak English with me, and they can speak Indonesian with their father. Even, I'll perhaps teach them another language \)
Meteorite` - 29/05/2011 03:44 AM

I would suggest parents to teach their kids with one language properly before adding a second language. I mean, decide which one goes first; which language is the main priority.
I feel sad for those toddlers who can't even write/speak properly in Indonesian yet are already struggling with English.

If they are to be raised in an environment where English is the main language, u need not hesitate to teach them English as early as u can. (At least the closest circle a.k.a the big family including uncles, aunties, grandparents, cousins, close relatives etc. can speak english well)

But if they're not, keep in mind that majority of the people surrounding the kid don't use or even understand English. You wouldn't want to keep the kid caged in his own little world, would you? D
VerzaTheMoon - 29/05/2011 04:35 PM

yup ASAP...
coz when i was in elementary school...
got a bad mark every English's exam hammer: is normal ,i think..
especially about grammar..hammer: ngakak
really...its freak me out D
yehan - 29/05/2011 04:43 PM

Yes i wll.. i wish my child can speak english better than mine. But i don't want my child forget our mother tongue (bahasa Indonesia). And i will be more proud if my child can speak java language too D
Page 4 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?