ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
Total Views: 6885 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 5 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›

megabizland - 31/05/2011 11:51 AM

Of course we'll teach them English at early ages,
and
of course we'll still give good value to our own culture. that is a must.
cikociko - 31/05/2011 01:25 PM

I won't let my kids grow up with bad english skill like mine.lol

well..about the culture, we live in Indonesia which is many of us "never" using english in daily activities.
So.. simply, let your kids join them (who can speak Indonesian verywell), your kids will learn about our cultures automatically then D
Kciel - 31/05/2011 04:57 PM

I think it's a must.. Of course I'll send my kids to International School (someday)..

Why? Because I wanted to but didn't have the opportunity o

And also because we can teach them to use Ms. or Sir just like we use Mbak/Mas D
jombies - 31/05/2011 05:50 PM

Learning other language is important, but most important is that youngster should learn more about their mother language and culture, so they can have equal in every aspec in their community. iloveindonesia
elegance. - 01/06/2011 12:25 AM

of course.... from young i wills tart talking to my child (when i have one) in english..... if possible i will talk to him in chinese too....
with these 2 important languages we can conquer the world? haha..
virusblood - 01/06/2011 05:20 PM

of couse i will
english is international language right?so if they can speak english fluently,their opportunity to get a job will increase...so it will good for their future D
but,jawa culture is in their blood too...so i will combine it with the english
i wish i could do it,and my child will be perfect iloveindonesia
Lioner - 02/06/2011 07:40 AM

Really, right now english is as important as a bachelor's degree..
you have your title, but you can't use english... you know what the answer after that..
I will teach it to them as soon as possible,,well, of course not for the main language.. our culture is still Important.. maybe after they can speak in Indonesian...about kindergarten maybe...ahaha ngakak
Sashers - 02/06/2011 02:40 PM

i will teach my kids english, but not too early..

hahah i totally understand you, sometimes hearing a kid so young but ALREADY able to talk english real fluent, even more than indonesian grown-ups, is annoying...

i'll teach my kids, but when they already got a grip on their indonesian language..

we won't die because of not talking english, will we? haha

nice question, btw :toast :toast
BloodSweatTears - 02/06/2011 03:18 PM

I definitely will. It is important for kids to learn other language, not just English but other languages as well. And as for : they will appoint the western culture to their daily lives because they learn English, well I think it is your job as parents to teach the kids some important Indonesian culture such as saying greetings and stuff so they wont straightly apply what they hear or see.

Learning English doesn't mean applying their western culture altogether. We have to teach those sprouts from their early age that we are proud and smart Indonesian and that means we are fully appreciate and respect our Indonesian culture, proud being Indonesian, but also being open minded and smart enough to accept any foreign culture and choose the ones that's applicable to our lives according to the culture.

iloveindonesia
liong777 - 03/06/2011 02:56 PM

I have a plan when i have children later i will talk to them in english and if my wife could speak another language such as chinese japanese korean etc, i will have her do the same..

They could learn indonesian or traditional in school, of course when they asked we will answered too..This way you could save up money for teaching them foreign language..

I once met a kindergarden girl which can speak english, chinese and indonesian..its so cute D and it will surely support her future..
lulurofl - 03/06/2011 11:58 PM

Heyy! D

I'm a kiddo and in my big family the main languages are English and Bahasa \)

I guess there's no problem with choosing English as a main language, but still you have to teach kids the manners and stuffs. Don't ever let kids watch or read books rated more than PG, because us kids follow what we see D

Trust me, your kids will have alot of advantages cause of using English since a kid!

My accent is definitely not British, they're cute but they don't suit me lol so yeah mine's more like Aussie, ppl say. But I barely care I guess. I'm not great in grammar stuffs, but if kids understand English it would be alot easier! Make the kids love English very early.

Most of western ppl think that Asian can't speak English, but they're so wrong! Well at least, let's prove that they're wrong.

Soo the key is, you have to teach them very early, but still keep the manners! Tell them that we Indonesian have ethics \)

Hope my answer helps! \)

P.S: If we already know English well, we don't have to worry about anything. And we can explore other languages in no doubt \) I'm learning Hangul by myself and I have an Arabic class at school, and they're lots of fun!
p1nk3d_books - 04/06/2011 12:27 AM

Don't teach any other languages if your child is not 6 yet. My child's psychologist told me that. Teach him/her the first language, the most spoken language in his/her environment (home), be it English, Javanese, Bahasa, or Chinese, and stick to it. Teach other languages after s/he masters the first one well. Why? Because it will affect his speech ability, too many languages makes your son/daughter is confused on which language should s/he choose then s/he chooses not to speak at all...
Ambrosiana - 04/06/2011 11:12 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By p1nk3d_books
Don't teach any other languages if your child is not 6 yet. My child's psychologist told me that. Teach him/her the first language, the most spoken language in his/her environment (home), be it English, Javanese, Bahasa, or Chinese, and stick to it. Teach other languages after s/he masters the first one well. Why? Because it will affect his speech ability, too many languages makes your son/daughter is confused on which language should s/he choose then s/he chooses not to speak at all...

:thumbup
Nice tip from Sis P1nk...

I always want my child to be polyglot....

I don't know if that would be disturbing for the child if he/she is still under 6 years old...

Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
but first thing I should do: making a baby first....

ngacir:
cikociko - 04/06/2011 12:10 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By p1nk3d_books
Because it will affect his speech ability, too many languages makes your son/daughter is confused on which language should s/he choose then s/he chooses not to speak at all...

Sorry sis, I think it depends on how we teach him/her, I mean we can still teach him/her another language but don't force too much
We can teach him/her only common words like numbers, alphabets, colors, etc..
I have a nephew, he learned english since 3, and now he can speak english and Indonesian well ;)
jowy028 - 04/06/2011 01:20 PM

Yes I will.. I think its not a bad thing to teach them.. They can learn 2 languages at one time.. And that's better I think.. So why must be confused? Just take it easy as long as it make them better.Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
hansip.palsu - 04/06/2011 04:04 PM

hmmm i think no because my english not good D
1 second ago · Will you teach your kid to speak English very early? Like · Will you teach your kid to speak English very early? add as friend
VeeniX - 06/06/2011 04:56 PM

absolutely yes...

in my neighbourhood there's a lot of indonesian famz that communicate with their kids in english...
sometimes it makes me wonder that my english is so bad compared to those little kids... and i am a lil bit shame of that...

so someday when i've got my own child.. i surely teach them english early... \)
maybe take them to international school if i got some luck \)
caterine.liem - 07/06/2011 04:16 PM

i will..

one of my dreams to teach my child english earlier. so when he / she grow up, he / she won't find any difficulties like people who didn't learn english since they were kid \)
hbhbhb2008 - 07/06/2011 04:41 PM

l will ? D

l will yes... l will no p
darmawan178 - 08/06/2011 11:13 AM

I do understand for what TS concerning, It's a good sign that TS would be a good parent someday..hehehe... As a parent, we indeed are responsible to filter all things what is good or not, important or not, deserves or not for our kids. Nothing wrong to learn english since their early ages, what TS need now is do your part to teach them for what you think is important also for them to know.
Page 5 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?