ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
Total Views: 6885 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 6 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›

LesyaRachel - 13/06/2011 03:29 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By putrakurniawan
Hi All,

Want to ask kaskusers view about something that makes me wonder. My nephews study in an international school since kindergarten, and their English accent is very good and they are outspoken.

However, I was thinking that they may lose the way Indonesian people think because language is part of culture. For example, if we talk to elder people, Javanese will call Mas/Mbak, but in English, we just mention his/her name.

I am just afraid that if I have children - hopefully soon -, if they speak English too early, they will hesitate to speak in Bahasa Indonesia or even in Bahasa Jawa as my mother tongue because they feel convenient with English.

Should we teach our kid to speak English very early? Will you?

Best

PK

How do you define "very early"? couple of months old? 1 year old? 2 years old?
For me, maybe I'll teach my kids to speak English when they are a bit older, like 3 years old (this is just a plan since I'm not married & don't have any kids p). Why is choose this? Because I want them to understand Bahasa Indonesia first (don't forget who we are & where we come from).
Later they can learn English (I also don't want them not to learn English, because it's really important & helpful for their lives in the future) or other languages.
chiefsearch - 13/06/2011 06:35 PM

Of course i will gan hammer .
I will teaching my children english lenguage when she/he in my girlfriend stomach malu .
clarina - 14/06/2011 02:16 PM

I will teach them as soon as possible.
if they learn it since young, they will be able to speak English perfectly.
but still, I'll teach them our national language and our manners.
So I'll keep a good balance for both English and Bahasa.
bayu.pangestu - 14/06/2011 04:10 PM

That also happen to my nephew.. On 3 he able to speak english quite good.. But that is not suggested by his teacher... Will be better if he learns english should the mother tongue is very well... But actually I think mother tonue willl just fine by itself... So don't be too worry about itWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?
bigbike265 - 14/06/2011 11:57 PM

i will give them more english lesson than indonesian.. Not because i don't love indonesian, but for my child development. I started learn english on my 5th grade on elementary school. I have a private lesson on TB* for 6 years. My vocab not really bad but my grammar and conversation is really really not good. My experince on english, really help me on school. I have good mark on High school without learn from teacher at school. I really proud because even on other subject, but my english is very good at school even i don't speak fluent. I underestimate english on my school. After i got to college, I really have hard time in english.. I don't understand about bussiness english. It's really hard to understand it. I feel really stupid. How about your feeling if you have spent 6 years private lesson, but u couldn't understand even single word of english bussiness. I don't want my child feel the same like me. I want him to become more success than me. Maybe i will sent my child to learn english from Playgroup so he/she will become more accustomed to english.

Sorry if my grammar and vocab not really good. Better false than doing nothing.. Peacee!!
kyroz1945 - 15/06/2011 06:39 AM

i wish...... but i'm sure that it's gonna be hard, especially if my wife (to be) can't speak english
yudi_uhuii - 15/06/2011 11:38 AM

yes of course
i will teach my kids to learn english
jsn - 16/06/2011 04:51 AM

the first word my kid will hear wuld be in english.
pamuwesa - 16/06/2011 08:47 AM

yes i will, because english is very important in this century. sooner we learn so its much better. dont worry bout your nephew.

right know you must give advice to your nephew, give the basic rule about sosialitation in our culture.. so he can understand iloveindonesias
Ezio1476 - 16/06/2011 10:27 AM

Oh yes,.Its very important to teach..Not only our kids,but maybe our nephews or anyone else in families..
Well...As we much know..English is more than a Languange..
It can support our children in the future,
but of course..As long we teach our children..We must never forget who we are..Our culture..Our languange
im sorry if my english are not too good,hahaha..
Thats all from me..ThanksWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?
yudi_uhuii - 16/06/2011 11:05 AM

of course guy
probably yes....
b0ris - 20/06/2011 01:25 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By putrakurniawan
Hi All,

Want to ask kaskusers view about something that makes me wonder. My nephews study in an international school since kindergarten, and their English accent is very good and they are outspoken.

However, I was thinking that they may lose the way Indonesian people think because language is part of culture. For example, if we talk to elder people, Javanese will call Mas/Mbak, but in English, we just mention his/her name.

I am just afraid that if I have children - hopefully soon -, if they speak English too early, they will hesitate to speak in Bahasa Indonesia or even in Bahasa Jawa as my mother tongue because they feel convenient with English.

Should we teach our kid to speak English very early? Will you?

Best

PK

I do

why not? they can learn Bahasa or whatever dialects from their cousins, aunties, uncles, grandparents, babysitter/nanny, etc.

kids are able to pick up language sooo much faster than adult, it is good for the brain development, thus, their future...why hold 'em back?confused:
Rangga02 - 21/06/2011 09:05 PM

maybe i will teach my son at 6 years old, because that years is the best years to teach him another languange, so maybe when he meet somebody, maybe he will say "sir/lady". that i was thinking about
korbanpesbuk - 21/06/2011 09:16 PM

I am a Javanese and I am proud to be be Javanese. Someday I will teach my children speak kromo language as a native,.then he will study Bahasa Indonesia and English in school. I won't be afraid if they will face difficulties in learning English, but I am afraid the can't speak Javanese language as a Javanese.
elbadeno - 22/06/2011 01:06 AM

if i have a child latter on, i should teach her/him english while she/he is still young
cz it'll be helpful for her/his future
pieee - 24/06/2011 12:32 PM

i dont wanna have a a child gan , hahahha
maybe im crazy gila: gila:
ivansujatmoko - 25/06/2011 09:58 AM

i think so...
javanesse first and then english if we need... :thumbup
rawrflv - 25/06/2011 08:09 PM

I'm not sure, but idk why, it IS now a trend. International schools are everywhere. I'd love to teach my kid(s) to speak English, but I'd still use Bahasa as our mother tongue \)
piggletz - 07/07/2011 09:37 AM

i think it will be very great if u can teach your children to speak english early than the others
make them feel that english is the common language
itz ok about the bahasa, i think when they are grow up, they will learn bahasa automatically,, but english, it cannot learn automatically

see surround, when u see a kid speak english so fluently, u yourself will be so so excited and really like the kids because it looks so cute on them

feel free to teach your kids the english language, if you feel that your english is not enough, you can talk to your kids with simply grammar

believe, that your kids will be so grateful if they can speak english early than the others
mega.hikaru - 07/07/2011 11:59 AM

well i'm a teenager and NOT yet having a kid (duh), but me gonna coin my opinion :P

i MIGHT lay an english foundation on my children as early as possible, regardless some experts claimed that early ages (0-5, i presume?) are the golden bridge where human absorb knowledge the most, thus placing a new language input won't be harmful. but then i won't do that because of people claim that english is an international language therefore we all should be able to speak so. but then i want my kids themselves finding out that reason (or whatever reason they got to learn english). conclusion? let them learn themselves, let themselves find any incentives to start learning english \)

besides, i dont think that just because you're not being taught to speak english in your childhood then you wont be able to do it now, right? :cool
Page 6 of 20 |  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?