ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
Total Views: 6885 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 7 of 20 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last ›

luvandin - 17/07/2011 11:56 AM

The question is, do u guys speak english fluently? I want my kids to be bilingual..n I kinda push my BF to speak in english wit me. There's nothing wrong with it. Kids will still learn bahasa properly at school, as long as u put them in public schoolWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?
(oo)nyaK - 21/07/2011 03:16 PM

Definately, not only English, but mandarin also
sonicspy - 21/07/2011 03:27 PM

I think it's ok to teach our kid to speak English early.
But, you can combine between speaking in English and Indonesian to your children so they can still know our culture.
Yoggi_Fuh - 22/07/2011 12:20 AM

yes, of course
english is one of important languange that someone who want to succes, they must to learn it
JessicaJungs - 22/07/2011 01:11 AM

Yes ofcourse i will..since English is a global Language now..but we must not forget 'bout our cultural language too..Since we live in Indonesia ..Thats my opinion..Sorry my English is bad Lol
ekarudianto - 28/07/2011 11:45 PM

of course I will.. english is an international language after all.. nobody do not knows english in this era dude ... D
miarenauly - 29/07/2011 03:08 PM

of course i will! but i will not only use english but also indonesian. so she/he will master both english and indonesian
fadlifadlan - 31/07/2011 10:51 AM
i will teach my kids in 3 foreign language (hopefully)
i planned to teach my kid in Mandarin, arabic, and english

i think it is good to teach them foreign language in very early, a toddler could understand your word, a kid brain is awesome they could absorb many word by "watching and learning"

*btw i prefer to teach mandarin first than English, english is not realy difficult, our kid can learn english in school, unlike Mandarin, its a bit more difficult to find someone who can speak mandarin with you (Beside "mandarin is more difficult)cendols
haritsmugni - 31/07/2011 02:57 PM

I think if the children can speak English influently is very amazing but the difference English and Indonesia is English not learn to call the older people like in Java the older people called Mbak/Mas
kaskuser11 - 31/07/2011 11:34 PM

I don't think so. I'd gladly to, but no way I'd left his sense of nationality behind. Beside, I'm sure it would be much easier to teach him Bahasa first and then English, than the other way around D
liklan - 01/08/2011 10:08 AM

Yes i will, and not only english but also arabian language as well. And to make sure my child doesn't forget his culture, i also teach him wayang.
IkhsanBurhanAli - 01/08/2011 02:46 PM

I'll teach my kids English as much as I'll teach them Bahasa Indonesia \)

because 10 or 15 years from now, our children may be forced to have to be able to communicate with people outside of Indonesia as early as possible. so, early English learning and communication study is essential. but of course I won't let my children lose their speaking way of Indonesian \)

what about other language or vernacular ? it depends on them whether they want to learn it or not.
andikagilangc. - 01/08/2011 10:07 PM

It all depends on where you and your children live. If its in Indonesia, if you don't teach them to speak since they are kids, they'll struggle hardly or even don't have the confidence to speak which leads them to just give it up. Because when they go outside the house, they just speak Bahasa. Meanwhile, if you live abroad, it'll be all the way around. You have to make them speak Bahasa at home everyday, since they speak English when they go outside the house. Otherwise, they just speak English and forgot the Bahasa. That would happen to your nephew.
p0congkaskus - 02/08/2011 05:41 AM

i've not had a kid, malus
but i teach my younger brother beer:
trasia - 02/08/2011 03:31 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By putrakurniawan
Hi All,

Want to ask kaskusers view about something that makes me wonder. My nephews study in an international school since kindergarten, and their English accent is very good and they are outspoken.

However, I was thinking that they may lose the way Indonesian people think because language is part of culture. For example, if we talk to elder people, Javanese will call Mas/Mbak, but in English, we just mention his/her name.

I am just afraid that if I have children - hopefully soon -, if they speak English too early, they will hesitate to speak in Bahasa Indonesia or even in Bahasa Jawa as my mother tongue because they feel convenient with English.

Should we teach our kid to speak English very early? Will you?

Best

PK

have no kids now but
I'd teach my kids English early - as well as mandarin - they also have to master Indonesian-WELL. French if possible, with motherly support, without pressure -

so that when they grow up they won't be afraid to face the world and have many possible point of views but -still- with their own stance- cos when you learn language you learn culture- then you'll understand why some people think the way they think-

cheers
Kyshi - 03/08/2011 05:35 PM

yes i will cool:

that's important to speak english \) because english is international languange D
tineinside - 08/08/2011 01:05 AM

yes I will..
not only english, maybe some languages..
I think its very usefull for them in future..
but right now I have no kid malus ..
maybe 7 years again hammerWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?
yellow21 - 08/08/2011 10:45 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By putrakurniawan
Hi All,

Want to ask kaskusers view about something that makes me wonder. My nephews study in an international school since kindergarten, and their English accent is very good and they are outspoken.

However, I was thinking that they may lose the way Indonesian people think because language is part of culture. For example, if we talk to elder people, Javanese will call Mas/Mbak, but in English, we just mention his/her name.

I am just afraid that if I have children - hopefully soon -, if they speak English too early, they will hesitate to speak in Bahasa Indonesia or even in Bahasa Jawa as my mother tongue because they feel convenient with English.

Should we teach our kid to speak English very early? Will you?

Best

PK

Yes of course, as long you use bahasa to communicate to your kid, there will be no problem. Gonna b difficult at first, but it will come in handy when your kid at 110 till 15 cause they already understand when to use english / bahasa. hat do you think?
yellow21 - 08/08/2011 10:46 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By tineinside
yes I will..
not only english, maybe some languages..
I think its very usefull for them in future..
but right now I have no kid malus ..
maybe 7 years again hammerWill you teach your kid to speak English very early?

Hehhehehhehehe, me to, maybe 3 or 4 year later i will have children
yellow21 - 08/08/2011 10:55 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By kaskuser11
I don't think so. I'd gladly to, but no way I'd left his sense of nationality behind. Beside, I'm sure it would be much easier to teach him Bahasa first and then English, than the other way around D

Well, the most important thing when you learn a langguage is you must used them in your daily life.
Page 7 of 20 | ‹ First  < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?