ENGLISH
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
Total Views: 6885 Share : Facebook ShareFacebook Twitter ShareTwitter Google+ ShareGoogle+
Page 8 of 20 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›

YoiSeikatsu - 08/08/2011 12:50 PM

Yes , of course .
I will teach my children to speak english everyday...
Since it will improve my English skill , I can shared lot of things to my children ...
Their competition will be harder than this generation ...
hazeldf - 08/08/2011 02:25 PM

yes ASAP
yunimaria - 08/08/2011 06:10 PM

Well, of course I will, if I have children. Why not? Nowadays, English is so important. About the manners, it's depend on how you taught your children. \)
icapeah - 29/08/2011 08:37 AM

Yes, why not? But of course after bahasa indonesia first,,, they should know bout their native language too Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
santa666muerte - 29/08/2011 04:26 PM

i will teach myself first. malus Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?
ikankoki - 29/08/2011 05:46 PM

Of course I will.. \)

But to call some elder people, we need to teach our children to call them in appropriate ways, such as grandma (for example: po-po or nai-nai, or oma, etc)..

So, they can master English, but still know the family culture. I think this is important..
Some of my kindergarten students also can speak English fluently, but when they speak to their family/relatives, they can use the appropriate language.. D
ag2boyz - 29/08/2011 06:38 PM

no I wont, maybe i will teach my kid about english when they're 7 years old, like what my mother did to me
emaklo - 29/08/2011 06:44 PM

yes of course its easier for children to learn new language than older people, so i would introduce them to english as early as possible . We are in a global world and being more competitive every day its an advantage for someone who can master english and other major languages like mandarin or maybe korean :P
bata.collect - 29/08/2011 08:01 PM

i think its too early for me to think about that since i'm still senior high school
kindlelover - 29/08/2011 08:25 PM

I think I will do what my parents used to: provide english books and magazines at home without pushing my kids or making it an obligation for them to read. Kids are mostly attracted by colors and pictures. So I can picture myself buying english books and magazines that are filled with pictures and colors because the first thing to do is: making my kids attracted to these mediums Yb
acernine - 07/09/2011 01:23 AM

Im still a freshman in shs but to be honest, yes ive been thinking a lot about this thing.
Like, should i teach them indonesian or english first.... How would they learn to read al qur'an and stuff....it's not like im gonna have kids in another 5 years tho -_-
niinels - 07/09/2011 09:39 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By putrakurniawan
Hi All,

Want to ask kaskusers view about something that makes me wonder. My nephews study in an international school since kindergarten, and their English accent is very good and they are outspoken.

However, I was thinking that they may lose the way Indonesian people think because language is part of culture. For example, if we talk to elder people, Javanese will call Mas/Mbak, but in English, we just mention his/her name.

I am just afraid that if I have children - hopefully soon -, if they speak English too early, they will hesitate to speak in Bahasa Indonesia or even in Bahasa Jawa as my mother tongue because they feel convenient with English.

Should we teach our kid to speak English very early? Will you?

Best

PK

I will teach my children to speak English as early as I teach them Indonesian. I will teach them both, Indo and English, because my future husband is a Western. lol. I'm just kidding. (but I wish I could marry a Western) malu
pote - 07/09/2011 09:39 PM

Nowadays, preschool teach English to children.
My cousin attends preschool when she is around 2 years old and she can speak a little English like colors, animals, numbers, etc.

Her parents even teach her hakka language hammer:

It's a common now, not an advantage anymore but a must.
minulzz - 09/09/2011 06:55 AM

I have a friend who is school in International school..his English n Indonesian are good n fluent..his brothers n sister are school in International school too..but their Indonesian language just like us..so what I want to say is, I want my children just like them..I will make them school in International school n when they get home, I'm going to talk with them with Indonesian..children are good learner..I will also give them some Indonesian manners n cultures, so that they won't discourage for everybody..
quetzel - 09/09/2011 04:04 PM

Quote:
Original Posted By minulzz
I have a friend who is school in International school..his English n Indonesian are good n fluent..his brothers n sister are school in International school too..but their Indonesian language just like us..so what I want to say is, I want my children just like them..I will make them school in International school n when they get home, I'm going to talk with them with Indonesian..children are good learner..I will also give them some Indonesian manners n cultures, so that they won't discourage for everybody..

Just what I thought exactly D

I myself is in an english-speaking society with all foreign teachers and whatsnot and most my cousins can speak both english and indonesia well since little age. So why not teach my children how to speak english? It's easy actually if you put your child to an international school. In school the teacher will teach in english and your child will also speak english with his/her friends. In home, you speak bahasa with him/her. I'm also from java heritage and I can understand and speak a bit of javanese, not to fluent thought.
And I also wish to teach my kids france, spanish, italian, russian, >chinese-- depend on what my kids want. My criteria is that they could speak at least 5 languages.
autricee - 09/09/2011 04:38 PM

In my opinion, it's very important to teach our children English as early as we can, even he / she is still a baby.
0 - 4 years are golden years that children capability to memorize something / words in the top capacity

After that 4 - 8 year still high capability of memorizing

then after that the capability of memorizing will decrease, on the other hand, logic capability increase...

buat yang butuh suplemen buat putra atau putrinya dari brand2 terkenal, dengan harga DISKON bisa mampir ke sini yaaa... www.autricee.com
minulzz - 10/09/2011 04:40 AM

Quote:
Original Posted By quetzel
My criteria is that they could speak at least 5 languages.

at least 5 languages???wow u r so ridiculous gan :thumbup
ferdynando.k - 10/09/2011 09:59 AM

As a guy who grew up overseas, I can tell u some of my experience when I came back to Indo.

I have difficulties on Indo vocab, words that are rarely used, I have problems addressing people(cik, om, mbak, pak), I have problems identifying whether people is a Indo islander or Chinese and my family find me rude and too straight forward sometimes. I feel that the country is very religious and does not do much good deeps on the streets anyway.(Im a free thinker/atheist and I almost got bashed up for saying that in public and is forced to choose a religion in KTP) I find it strange that no one here greet each other much(good morning, hows ur day etc...) BUT u have to say "makan yach" or they will be pissed(my dad was complaining why didnt I say "makan pah" the other day)

I can speak Indo just fine provided there is no rare words, I can speak jawa a little and understand fully. And after a few months here, I learned how to address people and be more "sopan". But I still have a hard time differentiating whether an individual is an Indo islander or chinese and sometimes address them wrongly(calling a chinese mbak etc)

No hate intended \)
bareonzero - 11/09/2011 10:12 AM

For me, I will teach my kid English immmediately. But, I won't let my kids grow up in another country. (no offense) but I think Indonesia has a great culture and I want my kids learn our culture but still think globally.
dreamcatchhere - 11/09/2011 02:59 PM

emh i think not very early...
Page 8 of 20 | ‹ First  < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >  Last ›
Home > CASCISCUS > ENGLISH > Will you teach your kid to speak English very early?